What is your attachment style in romantic relationships?

What's your attachment style?

• Total voters
Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
Take the test here and select option B so you don't have to register:

Here's what I got:
Q

I have a preoccupied (anxious) attachment style. I guess this comes about because I've only slept with one girl for my 24 years on this planet and hence not much experience in relationships compared with everyone else my age, also add in the fact I tend to fall in love quickly and deeply as soon as I meet a girl who ticks all the right boxes. I'm afraid she'd leave me for someone better and in my last relationship I'd always text my ex, checking to see if she's OK, where she is and who she's with, always making sure her needs were met and taking care of her. All for it to be thrown back in my face, sadly. I felt as if I cared too much about her. :feelswhy::feelswhy:

One thing I disagree with the official type descriptions is that I'm really sexually restrictive and as a result I avoid casual sex. I also lost my virginity at 23.

Here are the meanings of each attachment style:
Ca81b7deeb64b0c5386a47c14e46852a
1d43319bb8f7896292ad8221a588ed29
28af3bd8690922ba6a4a6df3a53a9877
889a640278cb24181d0334e07fb07d6e

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: n0rthface, BasedPsychiatrist, FailedNormieManlet and 1 other person
@8PSLcel @Br0sk1 @FailedNormieManlet @Oberyn @Growth Plate

@galego123 @stevielake @Octillionaire3

@rand anon @enchanted_elixir @gogger

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir and rand anon
@Exercise4cel @11gaijin @Enfant terrible

• +1
Reactions: Exercise4cel
@luljankybo @EverythingMattersCel @beau @5ft1

(All the people on the previous quiz thread)

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Xangsane
@Exercise4cel @11gaijin @Enfant terrible
The test seems to make sense if one has a romantic partner at the moment which I don't :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
At least we have similarities. I'm extremely afraid of my future partner leaving me for someone else, and not appreciating the things I do for her.

The test seems to make sense if one has a romantic partner at the moment which I don't :feelswhy:
I don't either. Try and think about your last relationship or if you've never been in one, imagine what you'd do.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17791 and 11gaijin
At least we have similarities. I'm extremely afraid of my future partner leaving me for someone else, and not appreciating the things I do for her.

I don't either. Try and think about your last relationship or if you've never been in one, imagine what you'd do.
Yeah, I'd feel anxious in a relationship I think. It'd be kinda scary to open up to them but i'd feel good.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Xangsane
Screenshot 2022 05 18 at 063848

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17791 and Xangsane
Yeah, I'd feel anxious in a relationship I think. It'd be kinda scary to open up to them but i'd feel good.
I open up like a big book with a woman I'm in deep love with, and I'm like that with my family members and close friends. With others I find it hard to open up with.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
Attachment styles are reddit psuedoscience

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gogger and Xangsane
Quiet and reserved

disorganized tbh

• +1
I am khhv incel :hnghn::hnghn:
Screen Shot 2022 05 17 at 101808 PM

• +1
Take the test here and select option B so you don't have to register:

Here's what I got:
View attachment 1685275

I have a preoccupied (anxious) attachment style. I guess this comes about because I've only slept with one girl for my 24 years on this planet and hence not much experience in relationships compared with everyone else my age, also add in the fact I tend to fall in love quickly and deeply as soon as I meet a girl who ticks all the right boxes. I'm afraid she'd leave me for someone better and in my last relationship I'd always text my ex, checking to see if she's OK, where she is and who she's with, always making sure her needs were met and taking care of her. All for it to be thrown back in my face, sadly. I felt as if I cared too much about her. :feelswhy::feelswhy:

One thing I disagree with the official type descriptions is that I'm really sexually restrictive and as a result I avoid casual sex. I also lost my virginity at 23.

Here are the meanings of each attachment style:
View attachment 1685290View attachment 1685293View attachment 1685295View attachment 1685296
Avoidant

• +1
How could I fill this survey out when I never had a GF? Lol

• +1
No, is that fearful avoidant or Dismissive?
I have no idea what this means ngl

• +1
I don't think I can present any useful information. I have self-esteem problems (since Kindergarten)
and I never had a girlfriend, these may warp the data, especially on the anxiety end but I try to maintain truthfulness throughout

If my self-esteem was better, it would move to the left
Screenshot 2022 05 17 225359

Last edited:
  • +1
i dont have to take the test to know i'm extremely avoidant
half the time im in a relationship i dont even wanna be in it

• +1
Not surprised

can u give definitions? I think I am fearful tho
Oh, why aren't you surprised at all?

Here are the definitions.

Fearful-avoidant:

Dismissive avoidant:

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
I don't think I can present any useful information. I have self-esteem problems (since Kindergarten)
and I never had a girlfriend, these may warp the data, especially on the anxiety end but I try to maintain truthfulness throughout
View attachment 1685987
If my self-esteem was better, it would move to the left
View attachment 1685976
Secure is the best attachment style one could have. You've got a long way to go if you want to heal your fearful style!

i dont have to take the test to know i'm extremely avoidant
half the time im in a relationship i dont even wanna be in it
That's gonna cause problems in the long-run.

secure. i don't really care what happens

• +1
secure. i don't really care what happens
I'd love to have a secure attachment style but in my last relationship I was always on edge, checking to see if my ex-gf was okay, if she ate, where she was, when she'd like to meet with me, etc.

She pushed for family visits and commitment first, then started only treating me casually and not being serious with me after we became official, which caused me to always have an urge to check up on her.

Yeah I'm fearful avoidant. You've read about my past childhood and how I was treated lol
Agreed you seem fearful avoidant. Your childhood experiences affect your attachment style in adulthood, so I've heard.
I had a stable, loving childhood but I was sometimes picked on for being "odd" and longed for companionship. I finally was accepted in a solid friend group at uni, and had one friend I sometimes talk to from school, but that's about it. I guess that's why I seem to be anxious.

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
Agreed you seem fearful avoidant. Your childhood experiences affect your attachment style in adulthood, so I've heard.
I had a stable, loving childhood but I was sometimes picked on for being "odd" and longed for companionship. I finally was accepted in a solid friend group at uni, and had one friend I sometimes talk to from school, but that's about it. I guess that's why I seem to be anxious.
What about me makes you think fearful avoidant and what sort of childhood do you need for it?

I never felt like I could trust my parents because my mum herself I could visibly see could not cope without our dad, and our dad was struggling to make ends meet. To me, it felt like my problems always had to be solved by me and me telling my parents would make their lives harder - which would make me feel bad. So I'd always end up wanting to solve my own issues. Also I was made fun of for being bullied too by my older brother and to an extent my own mother, which made me not want to tell anyone.

My parents always complain about me never trusting them and me wanting to make plans by myself and never getting family involved

What about me makes you think fearful avoidant and what sort of childhood do you need for it?

I never felt like I could trust my parents because my mum herself I could visibly see could not cope without our dad, and our dad was struggling to make ends meet. To me, it felt like my problems always had to be solved by me and me telling my parents would make their lives harder - which would make me feel bad. So I'd always end up wanting to solve my own issues. Also I was made fun of for being bullied too by my older brother and to an extent my own mother, which made me not want to tell anyone.

My parents always complain about me never trusting them and me wanting to make plans by myself and never getting family involved
The left column explains what you need for a fearful avoidant childhood, does this apply to you?

What you described in your quote is classically fearful-avoidant. You seem to have trust issues which is common in fearful-avoidants. I'd say you seem borderline fearful and dismssive.

I'd love to have a secure style.

I was explicitly searching For anxious attacjemnt and i knew you would make this

• JFL
I won't read this shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
imagine taking tests and spending ur life online on an incel forum

Instead of actually going outside and cold approaching and raping women

It is so over :lul: