White tea: Preserve collagen AND elastin, highest antioxidants, low caffeine...

T

theanonymousone

Bronze
When I started reading about the benefits of white tea I stopped drinking green and switched over. It sounds amazing; not only does it have a higher amount of antioxidants than green tea, but it also contains anti-collagenase and anti-elastinase, which inhibit collagenase and elastinase, which reduces your collagen and elastin. "Results showed white tea prevented the activities of the enzymes which breakdown elastin and collagen which can lead to wrinkles that accompany ageing. ":

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090810085312.htm

Some interesting info, here's just one study:

How would I go about making my own topical formulation of this (in addition to drinking)? Should I just brew a cup of tea and use a cotton ball to apply it to my face or what?

Also what is the healthiest way of preparing (white) tea? If you leave the bags in too long does it somehow make it less healthy? I know it says a steeping time of like 3-5 minutes but what happens if you leave it in longer? Keep in mind I don't care about the taste, just the health benefits.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 1553, Deleted member 2621, Rift and 2 others
Just use tretinoin at this point.

I heard matcha 🍵 green tea is also pretty good

It has 9X more antioxidants than regular green tea

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and theanonymousone
I heard matcha 🍵 green tea is also pretty good

It has 9X more antioxidants than regular green tea

Yeah that too, I tried it awhile ago and it was MUCH stronger than the regular green tea I was drinking

• +1
Reactions: mido the slayer
black tea gang

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
  • +1
Reactions: Enlil
Good thread. I’ve only been drinking white tea since having my teeth whitened.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Enlil, theanonymousone and joseph
  • +1
Any affect on skin?
Tbqh I didn’t notice a difference but I already had nice collagen and I do a lot of other shit to keep my skin in check. I take it for anti-aging, and I do get told I look young all the time.

• +1
Tbqh I didn’t notice a difference but I already had nice collagen and I do a lot of other shit to keep my skin in check. I take it for anti-aging, and I do get told I look young all the time.
Mind sharing your collagenmaxxing routine? (and skinmaxxing)?

• +1
Mind sharing your collagenmaxxing routine? (and skinmaxxing)?
Gentle cleanser twice a day. In the morning use SPF 30 moisturizer and differin gel + 100 SPF sunscreen if I am going outside. Exfoliate twice a week, use various clay/gel masques thruout the week as well. At night use eye cream and heavy-duty moisturizer. Diet is probably the most important part. No refined sugar, no wheat, only whole grains, no processed meats. I don’t eat processed food ever actually and rarely go out to eat. Lot of fruits/veg/eggs/fish/chicken/cheese/oats. Only nuts I eat are walnuts (raw) because they have the best Omega-3:Omega-6 ratio (a ratio close to 1:1 is ideal to prevent inflammation.) Diet is also low in sodium to prevent bloating. I started switching tea for coffee more recently after a user on here posted about the link between caffeine and reduction of collagen. Also, make sure to exercise everyday. Try to sleep 8hrs but that is what I fail most.
EDIT: forgot to add that I am autist and never make facial expressions so i don’t get wrinkles.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ndos, hairyballscel, joseph and 3 others
EDIT: I found an interesting article on the healthiest way to brew white, green, and black teas:

I'm still pretty confused though lol

• +1
Reactions: her and JMax
Am I the only that actually never heard about "white tea"?

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh, joelortiz, jordanbarrettisgod and 2 others
@Seth Walsh thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob and theanonymousone
@Seth Walsh thoughts?
idk tbh. I never heard of white tea but I doubt it's a miracle worker for skin just based off my pure baseless assumption :) If @benignice hasn't heard about white tea and skin benefits then I'd bet that it's just a fad

• +1
When I started reading about the benefits of white tea I stopped drinking green and switched over. It sounds amazing; not only does it have a higher amount of antioxidants than green tea, but it also contains anti-collagenase and anti-elastinase, which inhibit collagenase and elastinase, which reduces your collagen and elastin. "Results showed white tea prevented the activities of the enzymes which breakdown elastin and collagen which can lead to wrinkles that accompany ageing. ":

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090810085312.htm

Some interesting info, here's just one study:

How would I go about making my own topical formulation of this (in addition to drinking)? Should I just brew a cup of tea and use a cotton ball to apply it to my face or what?

Also what is the healthiest way of preparing (white) tea? If you leave the bags in too long does it somehow make it less healthy? I know it says a steeping time of like 3-5 minutes but what happens if you leave it in longer? Keep in mind I don't care about the taste, just the health benefits.
Nice bro! Just bought some

• +1
If @benignice hasn't heard about white tea and skin benefits then I'd bet that it's just a fad
No pressure then.
Meh, its fine. There are better things out there but you're unlikely to hurt yourself by doing it (unless you put boiling hot stuff on your face in which case you're beyond my help). Imo, just drink your tea and leave the skincare to products that have actually been formulated for your skin.

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone and Seth Walsh
So any suggestions on how to brew this stuff for 1, the healthiest way to drink it, and 2, how to apply it topically to skin? I can use either a cotton ball, or even a spray bottle.

It says to steep for like 2-3 minutes I think, but what if I keep the tea bags in there for the full time it takes me to drink it (like 30 minutes maybe)? Does this reduce some of the health benefits somehow? Does it release more tannins, and is that a bad thing? So I should just remove the bags after maybe 4-5 minutes to be safe (I don't care about taste)?