Why are you guys investing in crypto?

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
I mean how is this reliable if there was a major event? Who's going to trade bitcoin when there's lack of food, gas and shelter? People will either trade gold or other things that aren't virtual or cash and have value. Even gold seems like not the best idea because you can't eat it or fill your car with it. Plus there are so many steps until you get that bitcoin out and what is it going to look like if banks are closed, credit cards don't work and cash has no value? Now you could say that "muh stop living in an a movie, that's never going to happen"well how about covid then? How many of you could predict that the shit would hit so hard literally only weeks before the pandemic? No one saw that coming. Bitcoin is not a good idea in that scenario and no one will buy it, especially if internet connection got fucked up.

I invest most of my money in land, fruit trees, spruce trees, cows, goats, turkeys and other animals that can feed me and some gold.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis, Deleted member 4106, amorfati and 3 others
I mean how is this reliable if there was a major event? Who's going to trade bitcoin when there's lack of food, gas and shelter? People will either trade gold or other things that aren't virtual or cash and have value. Even gold seems like not the best idea because you can't eat it or fill your car with it. Plus there are so many steps until you get that bitcoin out and what is it going to look like if banks are closed, credit cards don't work and cash has no value? Now you could say that "muh stop living in an a movie, that's never going to happen"well how about covid then? How many of you could predict that the shit would hit so hard literally only weeks before the pandemic? No one saw that coming. Bitcoin is not a good idea in that scenario and no one will buy it, especially if internet connection got fucked up.

I invest most of my money in land, fruit trees, spruce trees, cows, goats, turkeys and other animals that can feed me and some gold.
Apocalypsemaxx

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Arvenas, sorrowfulsad, onfiresems and 2 others

#1 I think crypto is a retarded investment

#2 I think your way of investing is even dumber. Why would you buy a fckin COW lmao. Land is smart and the most valuable asset but you live in China Right ? I would be scared of disowning by government

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: amorfati and .*my*.
Lowest IQ thread of the day

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: one job away, amorfati, Deleted member 206 and 4 others

#2 I think your way of investing is even dumber. Why would you buy a fckin COW lmao. Land is smart and the most valuable asset but you live in China Right ? I would be scared of disowning by government
Where would I get meat if it disappeared from the shelves in the supermarket?

• JFL
Reactions: one job away
I

Bruh I'm not in China. It's another Asian country and the government can barely touch me because it's a dirt road in the mountains.

did u buy at 60k or what? i buy cryptos to acummulate usd

• JFL
Reactions: .*my*.
did u buy at 60k or what? i buy cryptos to acummulate usd
no I didn't buy it at all, and I'm not shitting on bitcoin as a short term solution, I'm shitting on it if it's a long term thing. Buy land instead and make your own thing. Do some good in the world and leave a legacy.

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock
Just stock up and trade in wheat and barley jfl

• JFL
you know, if you didnt have this mentality, youd probably have a few million in crypto right now which you couldve sold off to pay into other investments, right.

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
you know, if you didnt have this mentality, youd probably have a few million in crypto right now which you couldve sold off to pay into other investments, right.
True and I'm stupid for not taking advantage of that, but so are people who make money from it and keep the majority of their net worth in bitcoin

you are right in sense that bitcoin will most likely lose its value when 99% of the first world wont have internet access anymore, but like you already said thats a small risk people are willing to take.

secondly, classical investments like property or land have quite a high barrier of entry. depending on where you live you wont be able to buy land with 10k, simply because its extremely expensive.

third, bitcoin is like digital gold. theres a fixed amount of bitcoin in the world (capped at 21 million) and this simple fact makes it much more valuable. most economies in the world are on path to inflation, so if you keep your money in the bank for 5 years you ultimately lose quite a bit of it. bitcoin on the other hand is almost guaranteed to increase in value.

but it looks like you are more of a prepper than looking to be an investor, so I can understand your sentiment

• +1
you are right in sense that bitcoin will most likely lose its value when 99% of the first world wont have internet access anymore, but like you already said thats a small risk people are willing to take.

secondly, classical investments like property or land have quite a high barrier of entry. depending on where you live you wont be able to buy land with 10k, simply because its extremely expensive.

third, bitcoin is like digital gold. theres a fixed amount of bitcoin in the world (capped at 21 million) and this simple fact makes it much more valuable. most economies in the world are on path to inflation, so if you keep your money in the bank for 5 years you ultimately lose quite a bit of it. bitcoin on the other hand is almost guaranteed to increase in value.

but it looks like you are more of a prepper than looking to be an investor, so I can understand your sentiment
thanks

Cows are bullish

• JFL
Reactions: Edgar and Deleted member 206
Exactly. There doesn't even have to be a deep meaning behind crypto. Just ride the train and take the profits to invest in more land etc.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Exactly. There doesn't even have to be a deep meaning behind crypto. Just ride the train and take the profits to invest in more land etc.

This is my plan im putting up £30k when bitcoin bottoms out July/August time then riding the next bull run and cashing out to start my real estate portfolio.

• Love it
Reactions: amorfati