Why do Indians post Youtubes with English Titles and Graphics but the entire video is spoken Hindi?

OldRooster

OldRooster

Get off my lawn!
It is far from just this one guy, this has happened to me dozens of times in health, finance and crypto videos. And why does he start the video with "Hello Friends", but then speaks some foreign language for the rest of the video (I assume in it is Hindi). And it isn't just the Title, the graphics, including the attract screen, are often in English also.

This is highly annoying because there are enough English words in Medical and Finance video that I hang on for 30 seconds thinking he is speaking in English with a really heavy accent.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16369, Deleted member 18340, Gonthar and 17 others
Happened to me as well . My language is not Hindi and even though I speak hindi, I prefer English or my native tongue. Since technical lingo in my native language is really tough I prefer English but then this happens

BTW is it an Indian youtuber thing to start every video with " Hello guys" or " Hy friends"? Don't see it much with western bloggers

• +1
Reactions: OldRooster
Wdym, he's speaking English. Are you ok? maybe you're having a stroke old man

• +1
My mom can speak Hindi but I can't. Can't even sprak Bengali all that well either. A bit of a shame really.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and OldRooster
in 50 years hindi will just be english with a thick accent

• +1
So true

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, GetShrekt and OldRooster
It is far from just this one guy, this has happened to me dozens of times in health, finance and crypto videos. And why does he start the video with "Hello Friends", but then speaks some foreign language for the rest of the video (I assume in it is Hindi). And it isn't just the Title, the graphics, including the attract screen, are often in English also.

This is highly annoying because there are enough English words in Medical and Finance video that I hang on for 30 seconds thinking he is speaking in English with a really heavy accent.

Yeah legit pisses me off, as a cumputing student I go online a lot for tutorials only to get pajeet speaking Gupta empire language that I cannot understand then when I say anything I am met with the wrath of Vishnu. I now downvote their vids for this Shit

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18340, Sny, Entschuldigung and 3 others
Muslims ruled India for 1000 years. Destroyed almost all of the universities and libraries and Sanskrit literature.

British ruled almost 300 years.

Yet just 20% of India speaks English fluently as a second language jfl

And very few Muslims speak arabic.

India survived colonisation and torture like chad compared to any other country in the world if u think about it objectively without racism.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Lihito, john2, OldRooster and 1 other person
I go online a lot for tutorials only to get pajeet speaking Gupta empire language that I cannot understand then when I say anything I am met with the wrath of Vishnu. I now downvote their vids for this Shit
Tenor 28

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GetShrekt, Lihito and OldRooster
Funny thing is that most of the India can’t even speak Hindi.

The government tried really hard to short down and kill Indian languages since 1950s

So it went from 700 to 26 official languages. Because there’s only so much you can do in a democratic country.

These 26 languages are still really away from dying.

Entire India is never ever going to speak 1 language. And it won’t be English that’s for sure.

Since India is like European Union but it’s a country.

After 2050s I am pretty sure many countries in the west would have an option to opt in to learn Hindi in schools ngl.

Since Hindi is future of india. In 2050 almost 2 billion people will be using Hindi.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Entschuldigung and OldRooster
English is gonna die off after 2050. Since America is gonna get cucked.

China will rule Africa and all of Asia and Europe will speak mandarin.

Soviet will unite and speak Russian.

Greater india will form and become the most powerful country with over 2.5 billion people and speak Hindi.

Cuck America gonna fail in 30 to 50 years I’m telling ya

@Preston why is this

• +1
All the Hollywood movies and propaganda making fun of curries, chinks and vodkas in English is what’ll be the downfall of america ngl

even the ugliest sounding language

so over

• +1
Yeah legit pisses me off, as a cumputing student I go online a lot for tutorials only to get pajeet speaking Gupta empire language that I cannot understand then when I say anything I am met with the wrath of Vishnu. I now downvote their vids for this Shit
I used to downvote also. But they stopped displaying or using down votes in rankings as of like 3 months ago.

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur

The government tried really hard to short down and kill Indian languages since 1950s

So it went from 700 to 26 official languages. Because there’s only so much you can do in a democratic country.

Entire India is never ever going to speak 1 language. And it won’t be English that’s for sure.

After 2050s I am pretty sure many countries in the west would have an option to opt in to learn Hindi in schools ngl.

Since Hindi is future of india. In 2050 almost 2 billion people will be using Hindi.
yesh but of the 2.5bn who speak quasi hindi (most of pak and Bangladesh comes here too), the 10% who have any global relevance or interactions, will speak English, so no need to learn hindi

Yes sure
Like people said years ago about Chinese but the Chinese are learning English instead
The fact is: English is a very simple language and easy to learn
No one will learn a language that uses other systems of writing just to speak to ethnics
:forcedsmile:

yesh but of the 2.5bn who speak quasi hindi (most of pak and Bangladesh comes here too), the 10% who have any global relevance or interactions, will speak English, so no need to learn hindi
I strongly believe in reunification of India. And greater India in this century. Since Religion is what separates India. I don’t think anyone will give a shit about god and religion in 30 years from now. Indian government has already started promoting Hindi first. All the largest YouTube channels are in Hindi. I think English will also play a major role but Hindi will be dominant and other languages will die off. Except maybe Tamil because muh Dravidian nationalism. Muh Tamil oldest language. Muh Tamil superior.

Even then. In 2050 more than 2.5 billion people will be Hindi speakers. Majority middle class. Such a huge money making market. Other people would be forced to learn Hindi.

• +1
Reactions: Chinacurry
Yes sure
Like people said years ago about Chinese but the Chinese are learning English instead
The fact is: English is a very simple language and easy to learn
No one will learn a language that uses other systems of writing just to speak to ethnics
:forcedsmile:
Many people have learned mandarin dude. Whole of Africa and entirety of Asia has mandarin as second language. It’s also common in Central Asia and some Russian states. Even south Asian countries like Pakistan, nepal and Sri Lanka are learning mandarin in schools. In a few years Eastern Europe will join in.

If you are even remotely familiar with belt and road initiative then you know what I’m talking about.
It’s a Chinese plan to conquer the world and become a superpower. A huge advantage china has that it’s sits in Eurasia and it can connect Asia, Europe and even Africa with land. Whereas America is far away from the real world.

Belt and road initiative is what’ll force people to learn mandarin.

Many people have learned mandarin dude. Whole of Africa and entirety of Asia has mandarin as second language. It’s also common in Central Asia and some Russian states. Even south Asian countries like Pakistan, nepal and Sri Lanka are learning mandarin in schools. In a few years Eastern Europe will join in.

If you are even remotely familiar with belt and road initiative then you know what I’m talking about.
It’s a Chinese plan to conquer the world and become a superpower. A huge advantage china has that it’s sits in Eurasia and it can connect Asia, Europe and even Africa with land. Whereas America is far away from the real world.

Belt and road initiative is what’ll force people to learn mandarin.
Soft power: china doesn't have any
English is popular, easier and people from all the world speak English as their second language
No ching Chong convince me otherwise

• Hmm...
Reactions: .🇹🇩.

In the future 40-50% of the indian sub-continent will be muslim. India itself will be the biggest muslim nation with a muslim population dwarfing that of the entire United states combined, They are gonna have much more serious problems than language tbh. Also the fact that this fastly growing muslim "minority" in India will most likely have a completely different language than Hindi.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and .🇹🇩.
Soft power: china doesn't have any
English is popular, easier and people from all the world speak English as their second language
No ching Chong convince me otherwise
World isn’t America dude.

Even Europeans don’t speak English. They speak broken English and prefer their own language same goes with Japan and Korea.
If you go with this attitude in those countries your gonna have a hard time. What Japanese is for you, English is for Japanese. So English is easy narrative doesn’t make any sense. Since learning English is as difficult for an Arabic or Japanese speaker then it is for an English speaker to learn the same.

China and Russia literally has their own internet versions. India shares world internet but still speaks in Hindi and Latin American countries speaks in Spanish. So basically English users are missing out on 60% of the internet.
Probably more.

This is what happens when you see Americans as main characters of the world. Always remember that ignorance whether intentional or unconscious is like termites in your brain. Overtime it’s going to screw you up without you even realising.

So don’t be blinded by your imagination and start believing in facts.

World isn’t America dude.

Even Europeans don’t speak English. They speak broken English and prefer their own language same goes with Japan and Korea.
If you go with this attitude in those countries your gonna have a hard time. What Japanese is for you, English is for Japanese. So English is easy narrative doesn’t make any sense. Since learning English is as difficult for an Arabic or Japanese speaker then it is for an English speaker to learn the same.

China and Russia literally has their own internet versions. India shares world internet but still speaks in Hindi and Latin American countries speaks in Spanish. So basically English users are missing out on 60% of the internet.
Probably more.

This is what happens when you see Americans as main characters of the world. Always remember that ignorance whether intentional or unconscious is like termites in your brain. Overtime it’s going to screw you up without you even realising.

So don’t be blinded by your imagination and start believing in facts.
All Western Europeans speak English properly except French
The rest of the world and big nations speak English as second language
You're not convincing anyone to study Chinese :forcedsmile:

• +1
In the future 40-50% of the indian sub-continent will be muslim. India itself will be the biggest muslim nation with a muslim population dwarfing that of the entire United states combined, They are gonna have much more serious problems than language tbh. Also the fact that this fastly growing muslim "minority" in India will most likely have a completely different language than Hindi.
That’s true but I don’t believe that those Muslims will be hard core Muslims. But rather liberal Muslims.
Even now no zoomer in South Asia truly follows their religion.

• +1
Reactions: Sny
You don’t need to study mandarin. But your children might have to study either mandarin or Hindi.
And that’s just an accurate speculation considering todays growth statistics.

Also I literally live in Western Europe dude. I have been to more than 10 European countries. I have travelled a lot. Only 20% speak English. That too broken and not fluent. Most people prefer to speak in their language which is respectable. I found very few people who were fluent in English like the Americans are.

Trust me I want English to be the worlds language. But that’s just not possible.

That’s true but I don’t believe that those Muslims will be hard core Muslims. But rather liberal Muslims.
Even now no zoomer in South Asia truly follows their religion.
Doesn't matter, haven't you seen how the BJT treats the muslims within India?
It won't help if the muslims population gets even larger than it already is and they are gonna sympathize with other surrounding muslim majority nations in the event of crack down on the increasing muslim population. Just imagine the neighbouring Bangladesh, Pakistan, Mayalsia and Indonesian states(don't think this country will exist for long tbh. It would be a billion hindus vs a billion muslim war.

• JFL
Reactions: .🇹🇩.
Doesn't matter, haven't you seen how the BJT treats the muslims within India?
It won't help if the muslims population gets even larger than it already is and they are gonna sympathize with other surrounding muslim majority nations in the event of crack down on the increasing muslim population. Just imagine the neighbouring Bangladesh, Pakistan, Mayalsia and Indonesian states(don't think this country will exist for long tbh. It would be a billion hindus vs a billion muslim war.
There won’t be any civil war ever again. We already know the consequences. So we won’t repeat it. That’s why it’s important to go to school. If not school then read history by yourself so you don’t repeat the wrong things. As simple as that.

There won’t be any civil war ever again. We already know the consequences. So we won’t repeat it. That’s why it’s important to go to school. If not school then read history by yourself so you don’t repeat the wrong things. As simple as that.
War won't happen again because we live in a post history era is an complete rejection of reality.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
is highly annoying because there are enough English words in Medical and Finance video that I hang on for 30 seconds thinking he is speaking in English with a really heavy accent.
So much this tbh , its Like they speak this extra heavy accent British English or something to The point im finding English words but they just pop up every 15 seconds

• +1
I agree, it’s ridiculous. You click a tutorial video then hear ‘Pratatanathvankhav Majolily Naan bread’.

• +1
And why does he start the video with "Hello Friends"
To trick the youtube algorithm into thinking it's an English video...
Just vote down and report the clip for whatever reason.
Youtube should have some sort of filter for this shit, I'm sure it would be very popular if you could block anything in Indian.

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and OldRooster
honestly most europeans can't speak english at all. Literally sounds like they have down syndrome when they speak.

• +1