Why does so many people here hate PUFAs?!

Why is this garbage thread pinned lol.

I come here to looksmax, not to see some soyboy promoting pufas.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deprived, HerpDerpson, IIIlIIlllIllIIIll and 4 others
garbage thread, i will debunk it later

• Woah
Reactions: Deprived
I’ll be happily eating all of the saturated animal fat possible
I highly recommend against doing this because saturated fat increases inflammation compared to omega 6 and omega 3 fats:
because they’re extremely toxic, poison
this is the number 1 reason I know you are nothing more than an internet broscientist
if you had ever taken like a basic toxicology class you would know that 'dose makes the poison'!
even water can be toxic if conusmed in too high of an amount in a short period of time you idiot

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and SubhumanCurrycel
Why is this garbage thread pinned lol.

I come here to looksmax, not to see some soyboy promoting pufas.
the usual name calling but not a single shred of peer reviewed evidence or human outcome data to dispute what I said
its pinned because I'm exposing the misinformation being spread on this forum and I support my claims with legit evidence unlike all of you anti-pufa zealots

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and Danish_Retard
the usual name calling but not a single shred of peer reviewed evidence or human outcome data to dispute what I said
its pinned because I'm exposing the misinformation being spread on this forum and I support my claims with legit evidence unlike all of you anti-pufa zealots
:soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood:

• Ugh..
Reactions: softlysoftly
exactly you can't prove me wrong so you respond with emojis like an immature little kid
if I was wrong and there was actual evidence of this being harmful in humans you would have posted it but there isn't so you spam emojis

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
I highly recommend against doing this because saturated fat increases inflammation compared to omega 6 and omega 3 fats:

this is the number 1 reason I know you are nothing more than an internet broscientist
if you had ever taken like a basic toxicology class you would know that 'dose makes the poison'!
even water can be toxic if conusmed in too high of an amount in a short period of time you idiot
I don’t have time for your bullshit.
Please keep eating PUFAs and doing exactly what the gov tell you to do.

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop
I don’t have time for your bullshit.
Please keep eating PUFAs and doing exactly what the gov tell you to do.
It's not bullshit I like really don't want you to harm yourself by eating copious amounts of saturated fat, a little bit is good and needed but overconsuming it will without a doubt increase your inflammation and risk of CVD
I am not listening to the gov I am like looking at what the body of evidence points to you are just ignoring the truth and being stubborn in attempt to be edgy and special

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
exactly you can't prove me wrong so you respond with emojis like an immature little kid
if I was wrong and there was actual evidence of this being harmful in humans you would have posted it but there isn't so you spam emojis
The fact that all my gastro and skin issues disappeared after going meat based is enough evidence for me jfl

Keep reading your reatrded studies while the rest of us looksmax

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrickTop and BeestungLipsTheory
is enough evidence for me
then keep it to yourself just because it works for you doesn't mean everyone else also has to follow through
the body of evidence is > one anecdotal experience of a looksmax user

1:1 6-3 ratio 7.5% of cals + 1:1 P/S ratio 15% of cals, simple

Last edited:
  • +1
Consume ur omega 3s from fish only BTW

since it's in active DHA form our body makes use of, plant omega 3s are ALA type, humans can't convert those efficiently to DHA

• +1
then keep it to yourself just because it works for you doesn't mean everyone else also has to follow through
the body of evidence is > one anecdotal experience of a looksmax user
JFL anecdotal :lul::lul::lul: muh "body of evidence" :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

Literally everyone who jumps on the meat based diet feels better and has major health improvements.

Daily reminder my brother cured his hay fever after 2 months of drinking raw milk.

Keep on eating peanuts and shitting them out into undigested bits. I'm sure this will bring back the grey matter in your walnut-sized brain.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory, Deleted member 15827 and softlysoftly
JFL anecdotal :lul::lul::lul: muh "body of evidence" :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

Literally everyone who jumps on the meat based diet feels better and has major health improvements.

Daily reminder my brother cured his hay fever after 2 months of drinking raw milk.

Keep on eating peanuts and shitting them out into undigested bits. I'm sure this will bring back the grey matter in your walnut-sized brain.
people like you make me sick, just full of anecdotes upon anecdotes no actual evidence whatsoever
bullshit I know many who haven't and this is the problem with anecdotal evidence
if something like worked great for you good for you but stop shoving it down everyone else's throat
I can tell you don't have like a science background because you jumped to the conclusion that carnivore is ideal simply because you stopped overconsuming junk and replaced it with meat which of course will make you feel better in comparision. In reality a healthy diet is more than that.

Carnivore diet if you didn't know already is known as an elimination diet so if you felt better on it, its probably because a lot of other shit was eliminated by you eating only meat and not to mention probably a reduction in calories too if you weren't eating processed meat from like mcdonanlds or some fast foods place

The truth is you would likely feel just as good and even see an improvement in your blood lipid markers if you followed a balanced healthy diet: avoid processed foods & focus on whole Foods. Low saturated fats, low cholesterol, high fiber and adequate mufa, moderate carbs and protein.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
people like you make me sick, just full of anecdotes upon anecdotes no actual evidence whatsoever

bullshit I know many who haven't and this is the problem with anecdotal evidence
if something like worked great for you good for you but stop shoving it down everyone else's throat

I can tell you don't have like a science background because you jumped to the conclusion that carnivore is ideal simply because you stopped overconsuming junk and replaced it with meat which of course will make you feel better in comparision. In reality a healthy diet is more than that.

Carnivore diet if you didn't know already is known as an elimination diet so if you felt better on it, its probably because a lot of other shit was eliminated by you eating only meat and not to mention probably a reduction in calories too if you weren't eating processed meat from like mcdonanlds or some fast foods place

The truth is you would likely feel just as good and even see an improvement in your blood lipid markers if you followed a balanced healthy diet: avoid processed foods & focus on whole Foods. Low saturated fats, low cholesterol, high fiber and adequate mufa, moderate carbs and protein.
Who said I'm on a carnivore diet you dipshit. Keep barking for me with your "anecdotal hammering".

I have more background knowledge on nutrition than you will ever have simply by virtue of suffering with chronic illness for the past 10 years. I've experimented with diet and read every fucking study on the internet in that period.

You are probably a 16 year-old dumb kid that had just discovered what science is and suddenly thinks that a bunch of studies are reflective of the real world truth. I can throw at you 2 times more studies stating the opposite.

However, I'm way past being a study paperboy and spamming this forum. I'm past that phase and I've accumulated the necessary knowledge that fixed my problems.

I offer my knowledge to friends and family, and if they listen to me they feel immediate improvement. One of the major pillars is that they should limit or avoid pufas as mush as possible. I see the positive effect and note it.

JFL if you thing a study online will ever hold more truth than seeing your father finally getting rid of chronic pain.

You are obviously a "bugman" [search it on google] and you live on the internet. Touch some grass and think for yourself.

keep eating it bro its very good

• +1
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory
It's not bullshit I like really don't want you to harm yourself by eating copious amounts of saturated fat, a little bit is good and needed but overconsuming it will without a doubt increase your inflammation and risk of CVD
I am not listening to the gov I am like looking at what the body of evidence points to you are just ignoring the truth and being stubborn in attempt to be edgy and special
I went on a high fat animal protein heavy diet high in butter also used coconut oil.
my blood cholesterol went way fucking over changed my shit up and it went back down

• +1

Why does so many people here hate PUFAs?!​

Been lurking this site for 3 years and never seen anyone give an opinion on “PUFAs” jfl

Interesting post if you’re into medicine but I’m still struggling to see how it relates to looksmaxxing

Been lurking this site for 3 years and never seen anyone give an opinion on “PUFAs” jfl

Interesting post if you’re into medicine but I’m still struggling to see how it relates to looksmaxxing
there's this ridiculous myth going around on this forum that consuming pufas will age you, make you obese, and kill you which is just not true and not supported by any human data whatsoever

I went on a high fat animal protein heavy diet high in butter also used coconut oil.
my blood cholesterol went way fucking over changed my shit up and it went back down
I hope kids like @Prettyboy get their blood work done and get some ekg/ecg or cta scan Im sure they are at serious increased risk of heart disease and really high apo-B and LDL-c

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
will ever have simply by virtue of suffering with chronic illness for the past 10 year
not how it works idiot and nice attempt at trying to use pathos to win a scientific argument
read every fucking study on the internet
super massive lie from you
if you had actually read all the studies you would know damn well there is like absolutely NO evidence of pufas having a negative on inflammation and cvd in humans especially when compared to saturated and trans fats
I can throw at you 2 times more studies stating the opposite.
regarding pufas having a causal effect on inflammation, type 2 diabetes, and cvd in humans???? go ahead and prove me wrong by posting them then
father finally getting rid of chronic pain.
more anecdotes and pathos usage
truly pathetic but im not surprised considering you are a low iq uneducated fool barking at me like a stupid dog

You are probably a 16 year-old dumb kid that had just discovered what science is and suddenly thinks that a bunch of studies are reflective of the real world truth. I can throw at you 2 times more studies stating the opposite.
This should be the takeaway, studies are mostly useless because as a rule of thumb, you can just as easily find a study proving the exact opposite of the point you were originally trying to prove.

The peer review system is only as good as the peer reviewers themselves are, many of whom are poor losers who will give their name to whatever their patron says.

The only way to clear the bullshit fog surrounding nutrition is building up a logical framework, with it’s foundation resting in evolutionary biology, history and economics - understand how your ancestors ate, then try to pinpoint the reasons for changes that have occuref since in our nutrition

• +1
Reactions: Coriec, Deleted member 1660 and Gargamel

Different types of dietary fats have divergent associations with total and cause-specific mortality. These findings support current dietary recommendations to replace saturated fat and trans-fat with unsaturated fats.

• +1
no one actually has a fucking clue if PUFAs good or bad with how many conflicting studies there are :lul:

• Hmm...
you can just as easily find a study proving the exact opposite of the point you were originally trying to prove.
both you guys said this but haven't posted a single study proving the exact opposite of the points made in my OP
I wonder why :unsure:
evolutionary biology, history and economics - understand how your ancestors ate,
no no no! this is like fundamentally wrong and this is why
timestamped

@TsarTsar444 thoughts????

I don't see why the disagreements with OP.

I mean, if you were to have fats in your diet, especially a large portion of your calories coming from there, would you not prefer PUFAs over other fats?

I don't understand.

• +1
no one actually has a fucking clue if PUFAs good or bad with how many conflicting studies there are :lul:
there are no conflicting studies wdym? all the rct on humans only show a positive impact of consuming pufas and no negatives especially with regard to cvd and inflammation

it only seem like there is conflcit if you pay attention to low iq users who post pretty pics and graphs showing CORRELATION and taken way out of context, the good news is we have studies done on humans even entire meta-analysis and it turn out this whole anti-pufa movement is bullshit and pointless
I don't see why the disagreements with OP.

I mean, if you were to have fats in your diet, especially a large portion of your calories coming from there, would you not prefer PUFAs over other fats?

I don't understand.
they want to be edgy and cool by following fringe fad diets and going against the grain
some are also deluded by con artists like ray peat

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and bara
Eating pufa is completely unnatural for humans though, like i don't mean at all, but the only stuff you would come across this in our evolution going back hundreds of thousands of years would be some nuts.

Saturated fats were also most likely not eaten that much as well, wild animals are exceptionally lean, they aren't like cows that are bread to be fat as possible for human needs. A gazelle for example is 3 times leaner then a cow.

Omega 3 (in the animal form) is also found in very small amounts in warmer tropical river and sea fishes where more then 90% of human evolution took place.

Tldr: i think fats in general weren't eaten that much, the most common micronutrient would be protein by far (insects, small game, big game).

Omega 6 is linked to inflammation cause its extremely hard to have a 1:2-1:4 max ratio of 3:6 omegas. For example 350 calories worth of sunflower oil has 35g pufa, if uoubate like 300g of salmon daily that would be 4.5g omega 3. The ratio here is 1:7 whichs isn't ideal at all

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354
Eating pufa is completely unnatural for humans though
the good ole appeal to nature fallacy
just like look at the meta-analysis and all the RCT's done humans
case fucking closed

not how it works idiot and nice attempt at trying to use pathos to win a scientific argument

super massive lie from you
if you had actually read all the studies you would know damn well there is like absolutely NO evidence of pufas having a negative on inflammation and cvd in humans especially when compared to saturated and trans fats

regarding pufas having a causal effect on inflammation, type 2 diabetes, and cvd in humans???? go ahead and prove me wrong by posting them then

more anecdotes and pathos usage
truly pathetic but im not surprised considering you are a low iq uneducated fool barking at me like a stupid dog
When you write your first academic essay for a 101 class in uni.

mqdefault.jpg

Please, stop embarassing yourself. Touch some grass and stop acting like an "academic" lackey who knows two shit about the world.

When you have a chronic illness that ruins your life you have no other option but to give up or use all of your energy to find out the cure - try and guess which I did and what amount of research and time it cost me. Unlike your 2 hour key word google search and abstract reading autistic spree.

JFL at you refuting my "claim" that I have read every study of the internet - only a stuck up moron would take this hyperbole at face value. It's just shows that you are a typical NPC bugman with no sense of nuance.

Keep refuting all those "anecdotes" that just pile and pile.

No need to respond to you at that point, you are bound to be a small clerk man. Enjoy your pufas and weasel life.

What public school education does to a midwit. Keep eating goy poison, I will eat God's gift to Earth, animal fat. If you're browsing this retarded thread, do yourself a favor and read Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and understand you have been depriving yourself from true food your entire life. Your ancestors used to eat nose to tail and you eat food colors, chemical preservatives, fake oils, and pesticides. Look at the facial development of tribes not exposed to American slop. Our parents and grandparents were brainwashed against animal fats and meat, and the OP proves that this brainwashing will continue on because he is a midwit that sees smart people going against the mainstream nutrition narrative and wants to be the smart one bringing in the studies that have been addressed time and time again by kind hearted people that have worked hard to get people eating nutritious health promoting animal foods.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Coriec, Moggable, BrickTop and 3 others

Here is a systematic review of 66 studies consistently showing how bad omega 6 linoleic acid is on CAD

However, cholesterol bound to saturated fat does not readily oxidise; this is not the case with linoleic acid.21 Moreover, lipids from human atherosclerotic plaques have been found to contain oxidised cholesteryl linoleate (cholesterol esters containing linoleic acid).21–24 Moreover, the severity of atherosclerosis is noted to increase with increasing oxidised cholesteryl linoleate.21 25 In other words, cholesterol was protected from oxidation if bound to saturated fat but susceptible to oxidation when bound to linoleic acid. Again, this suggests is that eating more linoleic acid increases the oxidation of cholesterol within LDL particles further increasing atherosclerosis formation and the risk of coronary heart disease."

1. Greater amounts of linoleic acid oxidation products are found in LDL and plasma of patients with atherosclerosis.14

2. Greater amounts of linoleic acid oxidation products are found within atherosclerotic plaques and the degree of oxidation determines the severity of atherosclerosis.22

3. A diet higher in oleic acid or lower in linoleic acid decreases LDL susceptibility to oxidation.14

4. Endothelial cells oxidise LDL forming linoleic acid hydroperoxides.14

5. Linoleic acid is the most abundant fatty acid in LDL and is extremely vulnerable to oxidation being one of the very first fatty acids to oxidise.14

6. A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials in humans found that when saturated fat plus trans-fat is replaced with omega-6 fat (high in linoleic acid), there is an increase in all-cause mortality, ischaemic heart disease mortality and cardiovascular mortality.41

(https://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8707)

[However, there is currently no clinical trial evidence indicating that replacing SFAs with n-6 LA, without a concurrent increase in n-3 PUFAs, lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease or death. Thus, benefits attributed to PUFAs as a general category might be due to n-3 PUFAs specifically, particularly eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid.]

7. Linoleic acid is the most abundant fat found in atherosclerotic plaques, and this has been known since at least the 1960s.50

8. Oxidised linoleic acid but not oxidised oleic acid is found in atherosclerotic plaques.51

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief, softlysoftly, BrickTop and 1 other person
just lol if you think this shit is protective of your heart

you deserve a heart attack for being so retarded

sddefault.jpg

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover, BrickTop and HAPAgymcel
View attachment 1845870

pufa consumption keeps going up yet cardiovascular disease rates are still steadily rising, linoleic acid concentration in human fat cells has increased almost 25x in the last 50 years

look how little pufas we consumed 100 years ago and all throughout history, the fats we consumed were saturated fats and we had much less cardiovascular incidents

also im sure some of these studies assume it reduces risks of cardiovascular disease because it reduces total serum cholesterol level which they associate with cvd risk, not because the people studied were dying

View attachment 1845879

This trial showed a "22% higher death rate for each 30 ng / dL reduction in cholesterol" when saturated fat was replaced with linoleic acid

everyone can play this stupid posting studies game but at the end of the day just eat the natural diet you were supposed to eat
THIS

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: softlysoftly, Deprived and Deleted member 5815
Pufahate.com
seedhate.com
leanism.net

• JFL
Reactions: Moggable, Deleted member 17735, Deprived and 2 others
Caging hard at all the people who thought you meant "PUA"

• JFL
Most science, and all media interpretations of science is for propaganda purposes. It's good that you can read and interpret studies. Most people are too lazy and mindless.

As far as who is behind the veganism/vegetarian agenda, there are several groups.

1) Any corporate entity that wants to virtue signal. Corporations, such as Netflix in the past releasing vegetarian propaganda do so for virtue signally purposes. The belief here is that you'll associate their corporation with love and goodness, and buy more of their products.

2) Governments that want to reduce starvation in their country. Ronald Regan, during his presidency promoted the U.S. food pyramid, which promoted heavy consumption of grains and less meat. Less meat consumption drives prices of meat down, and since grain is cheaper this reduces overall starvation levels. It is politically beneficial to for any president to have low starvation levels, even if it means deceiving the public.

3) Religious groups. Different religious are against eating meat because "god" told them. In the U.S. there's a very specific sect of Christianity that has infiltrated the government and funded much of the anti-meat "studies", which are biased in design. Can't remember the exact name of the group.

4) People and groups who have been convinced by the top three groups. Many in the media mindless follow along with the herd. If you are in the media and you don't follow along with whatever heard insanity the current narratives are, you risk being canceled, algorithmically suppressed, loosing advertising, and loosing what little income you had to feed yourself.

Try looking into any narrative in the media, finding and reading the studies they reference. You'll find out that the vast majority of narratives are not at all true.

Last edited:
  • +1
You are fucking stupid.
:feelsgah::feelsgah::feelsgah:
Keep eating PUFAs though, please nigga.
While you rot from the inside out, I’ll be happily eating all of the saturated animal fat possible, literally slurping blood and fat straight from the source :Comfy:

Muh “Why does so many people here hate PUFAs?!” - it’s “do” and it’s because they’re extremely toxic, poison.
Thoughts on olive oil?

Eat your PUFAs, less competition for me.

• Hmm...
One big problem is this attempt to connect PUFAs to heart disease, the actual outcome evidence does not support it; in fact, it like strongly supports the opposite.

Replacement of SFAs with PUFAs has a consistent protective effect on CVD.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30019767/

This is likely due to a few different mechanisms, the first being that SFAs reliably increase blood LDL cholesterol levels and by default Apolipoprotein B (ApoB) which is thought to be a major factor contributing to atherosclerosis and CVD (more discussion on this later). Replacement of SFAs with PUFAs (particularly omega-3 PUFAs) has been shown to have a protective effect on CVD, likely by lowering LDL, ApoB, reducing inflammation, and various other proposed mechanisms.

This even holds true in a meta-analysis of CVD risk and linoleic acid intake.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32020162/

Omega 3 PUFAs do appear to reduce risk in RCTs.

While randomized controlled trials are the gold standard in research, we cannot neglect their limitations, especially when it comes to subject number and time duration. Compare this with the cohort studies on the effects of replacing SFA with PUFA that demonstrate quite a powerful protective effect of replacing SFA with PUFA that appears to be dose dependent.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6451787/

Further, even when specifically looking at omega 6 PUFAs there is a protective effect when replacing SFA with them.
In this cohort study, those with higher blood levels of omega 6 PUFAs had a 50% lower risk of a CVD incident during a 35 year follow up.

TLDR: All of this to bring it back to the topic that saturated fat supposedly is good for you while PUFAs are bad. There is no hard evidence to back this up. People attempt to draw a mechanistic link between PUFA oxidation and CVD while ignoring the fact that saturated fat has a much STRONGER mechanistic link to CVD, which is backed up by actual outcome data in humans. Meanwhile, we not only have mechanistic data showing saturated fat can damage the arterial wall, but we also have outcome data and MR data across multiple lines of evidence showing saturated fat and LDL are most likely causal for CVD. There is no evidence that I am aware of demonstrating that PUFAs are casual for CVD, and if anything, they likely have a protective effect.

@ChristianChad @RabidRosaries @Moggable @russiancel
Seed oils are anabolic and nutrient dense (increases low fat food nutrient bioavaliblity).
maybe the "healthiest" food in the world, all things considered

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: softlysoftly and coolguy1
6. A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials in humans found that when saturated fat plus trans-fat is replaced with omega-6 fat (high in linoleic acid), there is an increase in all-cause mortality, ischaemic heart disease mortality and cardiovascular mortality.41

(https://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8707)

[However, there is currently no clinical trial evidence indicating that replacing SFAs with n-6 LA, without a concurrent increase in n-3 PUFAs, lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease or death. Thus, benefits attributed to PUFAs as a general category might be due to n-3 PUFAs specifically, particularly eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid.]
lol single evidence is about margarine replacing saturated fat. Everyone accepts that hydronated oils are worse than saturated fat in 2022.

• +1
if pufas aren;t bad then mcdonalds and chips are good for u???

if pufas aren;t bad then mcdonalds and chips are good for u???
no because highly processed and they are calorie dense with little to no micronutrient value
they just have tons of saturated fat and carbs and sodium, once in a while is fine as long as it fits your daily recommended calorie intake for you as an individual
but to eat it too much too frequently is when you get problems

no because highly processed and they are calorie dense with little to no micronutrient value
they just have tons of saturated fat and carbs and sodium, once in a while is fine as long as it fits your daily recommended calorie intake for you as an individual
but to eat it too much too frequently is when you get problems
Yeah they dont have saturated fats, everything is fried in seed oils nowadays. Keep eating ur ZOGslop.

• Ugh..