Why does so many people here hate PUFAs?!

softlysoftly

softlysoftly

Kraken
One big problem is this attempt to connect PUFAs to heart disease, the actual outcome evidence does not support it; in fact, it like strongly supports the opposite.

Replacement of SFAs with PUFAs has a consistent protective effect on CVD.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30019767/

This is likely due to a few different mechanisms, the first being that SFAs reliably increase blood LDL cholesterol levels and by default Apolipoprotein B (ApoB) which is thought to be a major factor contributing to atherosclerosis and CVD (more discussion on this later). Replacement of SFAs with PUFAs (particularly omega-3 PUFAs) has been shown to have a protective effect on CVD, likely by lowering LDL, ApoB, reducing inflammation, and various other proposed mechanisms.

This even holds true in a meta-analysis of CVD risk and linoleic acid intake.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32020162/

Omega 3 PUFAs do appear to reduce risk in RCTs.

While randomized controlled trials are the gold standard in research, we cannot neglect their limitations, especially when it comes to subject number and time duration. Compare this with the cohort studies on the effects of replacing SFA with PUFA that demonstrate quite a powerful protective effect of replacing SFA with PUFA that appears to be dose dependent.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6451787/

Further, even when specifically looking at omega 6 PUFAs there is a protective effect when replacing SFA with them.
In this cohort study, those with higher blood levels of omega 6 PUFAs had a 50% lower risk of a CVD incident during a 35 year follow up.

TLDR: All of this to bring it back to the topic that saturated fat supposedly is good for you while PUFAs are bad. There is no hard evidence to back this up. People attempt to draw a mechanistic link between PUFA oxidation and CVD while ignoring the fact that saturated fat has a much STRONGER mechanistic link to CVD, which is backed up by actual outcome data in humans. Meanwhile, we not only have mechanistic data showing saturated fat can damage the arterial wall, but we also have outcome data and MR data across multiple lines of evidence showing saturated fat and LDL are most likely causal for CVD. There is no evidence that I am aware of demonstrating that PUFAs are casual for CVD, and if anything, they likely have a protective effect.

@ChristianChad @RabidRosaries @Moggable @russiancel

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Allornothing, Crusile, Deleted member 21620 and 8 others
Go ahead and eat PUFA, see how u feel.

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ, Allornothing, kebab and 13 others
i thought you said pua ignore this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21620
comes from people listening to that oldcel Ray Peat

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Allornothing, Marsiere214, Elvisandreaa and 9 others
I come with evidence while cope artists like @ChristianChad and @Prettyboy go with broscience and pseudointellectual bs
comes from people listening to that oldcel Ray Peat
no wonder lol
the retards on this place are so gullible

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 23615, Chintuck22 and Danish_Retard
One big problem is this attempt to connect PUFAs to heart disease, the actual outcome evidence does not support it; in fact, it like strongly supports the opposite.

This is likely due to a few different mechanisms, the first being that SFAs reliably increase blood LDL cholesterol levels and by default Apolipoprotein B (ApoB) which is thought to be a major factor contributing to atherosclerosis and CVD (more discussion on this later). Replacement of SFAs with PUFAs (particularly omega-3 PUFAs) has been shown to have a protective effect on CVD, likely by lowering LDL, ApoB, reducing inflammation, and various other proposed mechanisms.

While randomized controlled trials are the gold standard in research, we cannot neglect their limitations, especially when it comes to subject number and time duration. Compare this with the cohort studies on the effects of replacing SFA with PUFA that demonstrate quite a powerful protective effect of replacing SFA with PUFA that appears to be dose dependent.

Further, even when specifically looking at omega 6 PUFAs there is a protective effect when replacing SFA with them.
In this cohort study, those with higher blood levels of omega 6 PUFAs had a 50% lower risk of a CVD incident during a 35 year follow up.

TLDR: All of this to bring it back to the topic that saturated fat supposedly is good for you while PUFAs are bad. There is no hard evidence to back this up. People attempt to draw a mechanistic link between PUFA oxidation and CVD while ignoring the fact that saturated fat has a much STRONGER mechanistic link to CVD, which is backed up by actual outcome data in humans. Meanwhile, we not only have mechanistic data showing saturated fat can damage the arterial wall, but we also have outcome data and MR data across multiple lines of evidence showing saturated fat and LDL are most likely causal for CVD. There is no evidence that I am aware of demonstrating that PUFAs are casual for CVD, and if anything, they likely have a protective effect.

@DrTony thoughts?

• Ugh..
Reactions: Chintuck22
I come with evidence while cope artists like @ChristianChad and @Prettyboy go with broscience and pseudointellectual bs

no wonder lol
the retards on this place are so gullible
Eat exactly as recommended by the guidelines set by your doctors and government, WHO and the FDA

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Allornothing, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 3672 and 12 others
Eat exactly as recommended by the guidelines set by your doctors and government, WHO and the FDA
pathetic strawman attempt go kys you low iq rat

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Youㅤ, russiancelreturns, Deleted member 3672 and 3 others
These guidelines are backed by endless research. Are you retarded?
Respond to my OP with like peer reviewed research and evidence to dispute or gtfoh you slimy low iq misinformation spreading weasel

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Some government dietary guidelines are actually good tbh

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and ChristianChad

pufa consumption keeps going up yet cardiovascular disease rates are still steadily rising, linoleic acid concentration in human fat cells has increased almost 25x in the last 50 years

look how little pufas we consumed 100 years ago and all throughout history, the fats we consumed were saturated fats and we had much less cardiovascular incidents

also im sure some of these studies assume it reduces risks of cardiovascular disease because it reduces total serum cholesterol level which they associate with cvd risk, not because the people studied were dying

This trial showed a "22% higher death rate for each 30 ng / dL reduction in cholesterol" when saturated fat was replaced with linoleic acid

everyone can play this stupid posting studies game but at the end of the day just eat the natural diet you were supposed to eat

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: varbrah, Deleted member 21597, Son of gigachad and 14 others
Respond to my OP with like peer reviewed research and evidence to dispute or gtfoh you slimy low iq misinformation spreading weasel
Ur op is a copy paste from some blog I'm not going to put effort into countering that faggot, do some more research first.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and SteveRogers
@mods pin this thread to show forum how they have been fooled into thinking pufas are 'bad' and 'villainous'
@Lorsss @PapiMew @tyronelite @Gargantuan @Kingkellz @her

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3672, Deleted member 15827, Chintuck22 and 1 other person
Saturated is not safe as you age, although some is necessary for good hormonal levels

PUFA main problem is they oxidize easily. This seems to be an inherent chemical property. The idea then is they develop free radicals, are ingested, digested, absorbed, and there are enough free radicals in the bloodstream distributed across the body to cause damage

Vegetable oil consumption has been correlated with lowered testosterone

Some omega 3s seem good of course. Make sure of no mercury and other contamination.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Danish_Retard and Deleted member 5815
View attachment 1845870

pufa consumption keeps going up yet cardiovascular disease rates are still steadily rising, linoleic acid concentration in human fat cells has increased almost 25x in the last 50 years

look how little pufas we consumed 100 years ago and all throughout history, the fats we consumed were saturated fats and we had much less cardiovascular incidents

also im sure some of these studies assume it reduces risks of cardiovascular disease because it reduces total serum cholesterol level which they associate with cvd risk, not because the people studied were dying

View attachment 1845879

This trial showed a "22% higher death rate for each 30 ng / dL reduction in cholesterol" when saturated fat was replaced with linoleic acid

everyone can play this stupid posting studies game but at the end of the day just eat the natural diet you were supposed to eat
I am sure there are other charts that could overlap with increased cardiovascular disease rates like miles driven in cars per year or total number of fast food restaraunts.

• WTF
Reactions: ChristianChad
I presented you with research now its your turn or just admit defeat and that you promote bs from ray peat
You're a disingenuous troll faggot

• +1
Reactions: varbrah, Chintuck22 and SteveRogers
I am sure there are other charts that could overlap with increased cardiovascular disease rates like miles driven in cars per year or total number of fast food restaraunts.
the food they serve in restaurants is very high in pufas it should be protective

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
correlation =/= causation
my point is to say
There is no evidence that I am aware of demonstrating that PUFAs are casual for CVD, and if anything, they likely have a protective effect.
The idea then is they develop free radicals, are ingested, digested, absorbed, and there are enough free radicals in the bloodstream distributed across the body to cause damage
muh idea
show me the human RCT to prove this 'idea' until then shut it
Has been correlated with lowered testosterone

• +1
Reactions: OldRooster
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Chintuck22 and Danish_Retard

my point is to say
There is no evidence that I am aware of demonstrating that PUFAs are casual for CVD, and if anything, they likely have a protective effect.

muh idea
show me the human RCT to prove this 'idea' until then shut it

You are coping. Don't confuse omega 6s with omega 3s. Remember the only reason for omega 3 rep, besides making money selling them, is because they are not omega 6s

• +1
Reactions: varbrah
You're a disingenuous troll faggot
you replied to my thread 7 times so far and not one reply includes any peer reviewed research or human evidence data
the food they serve in restaurants is very high in pufas it should be protective
nice try
food served in restaurants are often processed and high calorie and hyperpalatable with insufficient micronutrition those are the main issues

Please tell tbh
Norwegian, Italian, Polish and Swiss guidelines seem fine to me, though the restrictions on red meat all call for are overzealous.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Danish_Retard and ChristianChad
it's ok bro just eat the seed oil that was invented 100 years ago, heat treated 5 times, deodorized and put into plastic containers and rest happy knowing that shlomo has your back with his studies :feelsokman:

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Allornothing, BeestungLipsTheory, Chintuck22 and 7 others
no
post studies or stfu

im not you the confused one here nigga
There are plenty of studies, go read since you are so motivated. The good ones you are posting are omega 3s lol

Norwegian, Italian, Polish and Swiss guidelines seem fine to me, though the restrictions on red meat all call for are overzealous.
Probably because there's no Jew whore in charge of making the guidelines

• JFL
Reactions: Moggie
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad
it's ok bro just eat the seed oil that was invented 100 years ago, heat treated 5 times, deodorized and put into plastic containers and rest happy knowing that shlomo has your back with his studies :feelsokman:
There are plenty of studies, go read since you are so motivated. The good ones you are posting are omega 3s lol
mindless rambling but not one research study to dispute

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: varbrah, thesedamnjuuuman, Danish_Retard and 2 others
We need to encourage/gaslight Seed Oil consumption so we can decrease competition.

I think OP has accidentally stumbled upon a noble cause, despite his premature retardation.

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing, BeestungLipsTheory, Moggable and 2 others
mindless rambling but not one research study to dispute
Make sure to take your mRNA gene modifiying clot shot along with your tablespoons of canola oil :soy::feelsgood:

• +1
Reactions: varbrah, BeestungLipsTheory and SteveRogers
cope

• +1
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory
We need to encourage/gaslight Seed Oil consumption so we can decrease competition.

I think OP has accidentally stumbled upon a noble cause, despite his premature retardation.
yes the more people are eating mcdonalds and seed oils the less competition

• +1
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory, SteveRogers and BrickTop
What the fuck is a pufa??

says the keboard warrior who like talks shit with no degree in nutrional sciences and doesn't post a single piece of evidence to dispute what I said

not vaxxed good job assuming like the retard you are

how? prove it

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/f...m/retrieve/pii/S2211124722008002?showall=true

Here you go pufa faggot. There's some sTuDiEs :soy::soy::soy:

• +1
Reactions: varbrah and SteveRogers
says the keboard warrior who like talks shit with no degree in nutrional sciences and doesn't post a single piece of evidence to dispute what I said

not vaxxed good job assuming like the retard you are

how? prove it
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-39767-1

You can check these out but I'd prefer you stay with your original hypothesis and drink your seed oils so your progeny never come into existence.

• +1
Reactions: varbrah and SteveRogers
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-39767-1

You can check these out but I'd prefer you stay with your original hypothesis and drink your seed oils so your progeny never come into existence.
at least you tried so I'll give you that but if you ever bothered to read into the studies you posted it either evaluates something irrelevant, pure correlation, or done on unhealthy patients with some pre-existing ailment or disease

once again my stance goes like this:
All of this to bring it back to the topic that saturated fat supposedly is good for you while PUFAs are bad. There is no hard evidence to back this up. People attempt to draw a mechanistic link between PUFA oxidation and CVD while ignoring the fact that saturated fat has a much STRONGER mechanistic link to CVD, which is backed up by actual outcome data in humans. Meanwhile, we not only have mechanistic data showing saturated fat can damage the arterial wall, but we also have outcome data and MR data across multiple lines of evidence showing saturated fat and LDL are most likely causal for CVD. There is no evidence that I am aware of demonstrating that PUFAs are casual for CVD, and if anything, they likely have a protective effect.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423 and Danish_Retard

i dont know what any of this means sorry

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop
You are fucking stupid.
:feelsgah::feelsgah::feelsgah:
Keep eating PUFAs though, please nigga.
While you rot from the inside out, I’ll be happily eating all of the saturated animal fat possible, literally slurping blood and fat straight from the source :Comfy:

Muh “Why does so many people here hate PUFAs?!” - it’s “do” and it’s because they’re extremely toxic, poison.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrickTop, BeestungLipsTheory and Chintuck22
C28D7B15 7FE1 49F6 9A73 EDF76E8E8FEE

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory, Chintuck22, softlysoftly and 1 other person
because they’re extremely toxic, poison
provide the proof show the evidence to dispute what I posted
I made claims then like backed it up with evidence now why can't you do the same?
A true slave.
I am slave to being an objective thinker
goofy charts showing weak correlations
did you know that like both murders and ice cream sales go up in the summer I guess ice cream must be causing murder huh? no its just correlation and correlation =/= causation

these small molecule groups are mostly cope, you eat 100 you don’t even think of that fuck with you. If you think that you need to be autistically obsessed with nutrition just to be somewhat healthy it over.

If you exercise that is something more associated with stopping heart disease than any fatty acid or cope extract.

imo a flavorless oil goes against the point of cooking with an oil.

I guess if you want to add calories while adding nothing else? or if you like peanut butter. Lol at this retard argument when ray peat people refuse to eat a single walnut and avoid chicken.

I am an incel who need to feel superior to others, and persecuted for that, despite having nothing, so sometimes I will pretend I avoid eating out because of pufa instead of having no money.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and PURE ARYAN GENETICS

:feelsuhh:

• Ugh..
Reactions: softlysoftly