Why high volume calisthenics is better than weight lifting

Another easily fooled poor little Zoomer than has bought into the illusion that these "Fitness YouTubers" who promote calisthenics don't do functional strength training use weights. Even gymnasts do.

You're a clown for falling victim to the meme and the temptation to just want to FEEL and BECOME cool by swinging from bar to bar like a human chimpanzee is real.

I am not advocating for those dudes who just train for handstands, lsits etc they are in the same category as power lifters. I am talking about high volume calithenics. Plus wtf fitness youtubers promote using equipment not calisthenics JFL

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
Just do both fagget. You do bodyweight and compound movements at the start of your session then end it by isolating specific muscles.
JFl if you think those gymnasts don't lift DBs and BBs.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and TheRealist
JFl if you think those gymnasts don't lift DBs and BBs.
Many gymnasts don't. I am not only talking about professionals.

Bruhhhhhh who the fuck likes to train high volume
Boring as fuck and worthless
I train 10 reps max always pushing to the limit in the end
And i make MASSIVE progress and look lean with an adonis Waist and broad shoulders
Rope asap
Its all about diet and training high intensity

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Bruhhhhhh who the fuck likes to train high volume
Boring as fuck and worthless
I train 10 reps max always pushing to the limit in the end
And i make MASSIVE progress and look lean with an adonis Waist and broad shoulders
Rope asap
Its all about diet and training high intensity
At the consequence of fucking up your joints and making less gains than you could have

At the consequence of fucking up your joints and making less gains than you could have
Doing 100s of pushups doesnt fuck up your joints? :)

Most people who get a good physique doing weights have good genetics or take steroids over a long period of times. Low rep calisthenics are far superior to high rep barbell exercises such as starting strength. These programs are for mentally ill fat power lifters who are really just obese. I have yet to see someone who has done starting strength achieve anything. All these programs are garbage.

View attachment 923047

When you go to the gym you see everyone putting on straps, chalk etc. These people are in pain from lifting heavy weights and destroying their joints. Calisthenics builds the joints along with the muscles leading to far, far less injury.

This is why these exercises are worthless regardless of what program you do

Bench press: Makes your lower chest larger and more feminine. Tell me

View attachment 923046

Would you rather have a chest like this power lifter?

View attachment 923005

Or a masculine chest like this gymnast. Gymnasts do high volume calisthenics and look far superior to their gym counterparts.

Squat: The weighted squat is the worse thing you could do for your joints. You are going to just end up damaging your legs from all the weight you lift and also your glutes and thigh size will increase making you look worse than ever before. It will make you look like a woman. High rep bodyweight squats will give you more mobility and make you look more defined than weighted squats and even then it should be done in moderation because aesthetic wise the upper body is the most important. Medium weight high rep squats would be ok but nobody does medium weight as they want to ruin their joints and bodyweight squats will still be better for conditioning. 10 squats of 75kg is insignificant compared to 100 body weight squats conditioning wise. Most people who do the squat for low reps don't even do the intensity therefore they don't build as much definition as body weight squats at high reps.

View attachment 923015

If you see the muscle activation of the squat it makes you look more feminine. It makes your thighs, butt etc bigger. In reality squats are for women to increase butt size while being lean not for men. And don't be fooled that squats build abs, no squats have ever built abs thats a powerlifting cope. Abs need to be build by doing ab workouts not squats. In reality the squat actually widens your abdominal muscles not make them more defined and stick out. The weighted squat is a joke.

View attachment 923018

The average squatting dip shit with no upper body and a big butt. He looks stupid and he is for falling for barbell programs.

The Deadlift: It could be argued that this builds muscle (at the expense of fucking up your back muscles for life) but it also widens your torso more than squats making your waist wide.

View attachment 923022

I understand he has wide bones but its also to do with the fact that he is deadlifting. He has added muscle to his hips making him look more feminine. His chest is also super feminine compared to Calisthenics athletes who train high reps.

View attachment 923023

Chris Heria looks far superior to the gymcel and has better proportions.

View attachment 923027

Deadlifts won't work the upper body muscles and you will end up looking more feminine with wider hips and torso removing the lean v taper look and making you look like shit. No girl wants a bloated power lifter, or anyone who touches barbells for the matter. It looks very unnatural to have large hips, glutes but small upper body. Do deadlifts if you hate yourself not if you want to look good.

Now lets compare the Calisthenics counter parts

The push up: One of the most widely used practical exercises there are. You can do many forms that make your chest look great. At high reps the push ups is far superior to the bench press any day of the week.

View attachment 923048

This guy did lots of push ups in different variations and got a great chest. He has a body any girl would love and looks great. Imagine looking like this on the beach. Many mentally ill faggots will say "but he is not big", yet he is bigger than most gym goers and looks much better. Gym goers are just "fat" which makes them look bigger than they actually are. With calisthenics you cannot be fat otherwise your form will suffer. Also he has abs from ab routines. NOT EVERYONE HAS ABS UNDERNEATH THEIR BELLYFAT, THIS IS A POWERLIFTER COPE. "Just lose fat bro, everyone has abs bro". NO, you HAVE to do an ab routine for abs. Why do power lifters etc say this bs? Its because they are lazy and just want to do low rep high weight barbell training that will fuck up their joints. They are too lazy and fat for ab routines. Ab routines are the most important exercises do to women liking abs the most.

View attachment 923050

Just because you are low body fat does NOT mean you will see much ab definition. This cope needs to stop. It is very dishonest. If you are not obese like a powerlifter or gymgoer and don't have great abs you need to do an ab routine. Chris Heria has great videos online for this.

The push up work your arms, chest and shoulders to a lesser degree. This makes you look great. You will look athletic if you do lots of push ups compared to a mentally ill faggot benching his own body weight just for a feminine chest.

The pullup/chinup: The best exercise for lats. These will give you a vtaper and good arms. Wish the pushup and pullup exercises and variations you will look much better than any gym goer as your focus will be on the upper body instead of the lower body. These will build your lats much better than a lat pulldown or deadlift.

View attachment 923038

Autstin Dunham and many more have built an amazing back from doing pull ups and his arms are also great. Although I disagree with his low rep approach to calisthenics as most people don't train with the right intensity for it he still looks great. No gym goer will look like this without roiding.

Abs: Abs need constant stimulus to grow. Ab ab routine will make your abs burn. Don't use an ab roller as they thicken your abdominal muscles rather use your bodyweight to make your abs pop out and look great. I have showed examples here already but if you want to research it just look at calisthenics athletes abs vs barbell lifters abs. Sure the top barbell lifters may have abs when cutting for 3-6 months a year if they do steroids and religiously destroy their joints. But the average calisthenics person looks much better than the average bulked lifter ab wise. Trust me.

Conclusion: I have NEVER seen a success story from starting strength. I tried heavy barbell exercises in my teens and it just fucked up my joints (luckily not permanently). Bodyweight exercises have been far superior than heavy barbell exercises and they make you look better proportionally regardless of how much muscle you build. You can build all the muscle you want in the world with barbell exercises (if you can as a natural) but you will always look like trash and need to "bulk" to make it look like you have muscles when its actually just fat". Many mentally ill barbell users will swear by their methods and its become cult like but they can't really deny that calisthenics is better. So why you ask me is calisthenics not more popular? Its because people are lazy and want to do low reps. This never builds muscle. People want an easy way out. Ignore reddits soy boy routine called "recommended routine", that's just as bad as weighted exercises at building muscle as it doesn't have enough volume. Doing 3x12 pushups is not enough to build shit. That routine is garbage and nobody looks any better on it. The reason people think their routine works is because they have been on it for a year when they could have gotten those results in months. 4 months of high volume calisthenics will make you look better than the vast majority of the population. Sadly high volume calisthenics will never fully catch on as people want an easy way out but its the only way to really look good.

Take a look at this guy he knows whats up and looks great with high volume calisthenics. The reason he is not famous is because he speaks the truth and the average normie doesn't want to put in the effort of doing work for anything.

I hope this thread inspires you to do high volume calisthenics :)

Lowest IQ fitness thread thus far and that is saying a lot. Talk about cherry picking overload. JFL what a CUCK OP is.

You are not meant to stay on Starting Strength merely start with it so that you learn some movements that being said I'm not a fan of SS.

Your information overall is cucked as fuck though implying bench press gives a female chest. Holy shit are you ever a retard? The look of the chest is like 50% genetics anyhow.

I was going to go trough paragraph after paragraph and eviscerate your every claim but It's all horseshit so point addressing every single thing that is wrong.

Also post your physique. I assume you mog all the bloated gymcels here to self harm ;)

• +1
Reactions: Julius, Raffydelrey, william and 2 others
Many gymnasts don't. I am not only talking about professionals.
Gymnasts do extreme difficulty and extreme volume "calisthenics". JFL if you think random soy cucks will look anything like a gymnast. Also you can bet your ass they'd lift weight if it wouldn't hypertrophy them so much meaning they don't want even bigger muscles.

• +1
Reactions: Raffydelrey, Deleted member 6512, IWantToMax and 1 other person
Lowest IQ fitness thread thus far and that is saying a lot. Talk about cherry picking overload. JFL what a CUCK OP is.

You are not meant to stay on Starting Strength merely start with it so that you learn some movements that being said I'm not a fan of SS.

Your information overall is cucked as fuck though implying bench press gives a female chest. Holy shit are you ever a retard? The look of the chest is like 50% genetics anyhow.

I was going to go trough paragraph after paragraph and eviscerate your every claim but It's all horseshit so point addressing every single thing that is wrong.

Also post your physique. I assume you mog all the bloated gymcels here to self harm ;)
Disagree with mainstream = low iq

Bodyweight exercises will ALWAYS be superior to barbell exercises. The bench press absolutely works the lower chest look at any power lifer ever.
Gymnasts do extreme difficulty and extreme volume "calisthenics". JFL if you think random soy cucks will look anything like a gymnast. Also you can bet your ass they'd lift weight if it wouldn't hypertrophy them so much meaning they don't want even bigger muscles.
Calisthenics can be just as bad as barbell exercises if theres low volume. I mentioned the recommended routine being done by cucks who don't build shit on it and just learn "skill moves" while looking like shit. Its not really about the equipment rather how you train but I just think from the point of view of what girls like calisthenics is better because it focuses less on lower body. The average gym goer goes 3 times a week, I know this because everyone is super lazy and they might not even do bench or ohp to "recover" when in reality its their joints that need to recover. Calisthenics can be done every day or every other day making is far more reliable and consistent. Also calisthenics can be done anywhere and doesn't make your proportions look like trash. Modern barbell exercises are just to sell gym memberships and give you back problems for life.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum and Deleted member 9670
Disagree with mainstream = low iq

Bodyweight exercises will ALWAYS be superior to barbell exercises. The bench press absolutely works the lower chest look at any power lifer ever.

Calisthenics can be just as bad as barbell exercises if theres low volume. I mentioned the recommended routine being done by cucks who don't build shit on it and just learn "skill moves" while looking like shit. Its not really about the equipment rather how you train but I just think from the point of view of what girls like calisthenics is better because it focuses less on lower body. The average gym goer goes 3 times a week, I know this because everyone is super lazy and they might not even do bench or ohp to "recover" when in reality its their joints that need to recover. Calisthenics can be done every day or every other day making is far more reliable and consistent. Also calisthenics can be done anywhere and doesn't make your proportions look like trash. Modern barbell exercises are just to sell gym memberships and give you back problems for life.
The bench press works the whole chest same as a pushup only the bench is vastly superior. You also seem to be under the impression that people who lift only uses the bench press and don't do all kind of exercises such as weighted dips and incline presses and such. I suppose targeting starting strength was a way for you to skirt around the fact that most lifters have balanced and well rounded routines and also do a shit ton of pullups etc.

You are also (predictably) missinformed about training frequency. Almost anyone who is serious lift at least 4 times a week and many lift 6 times a week which is why PPL two times a week is so popular. You will also find that most routines are not leg heavy and most gym guys don't give a shit about legs but train them to not have weird proportions which ironically calisthenics do give you.

You have a point with joint issues but that is the fault of people not their programming or exercise selection. Most people just can't accept they need to lower weights or rest injuries.

Now show us your physique. I expect it to mog all the gymcels here.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Julius, kubo and 3 others
Can I pm u

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
Just dox yourself theory
JFL what a cop out. You can easily post upper body photos wihout doxing yourself. Even tats are easy to cover up.

You've made claims that what takes years to accomplish in a gym is achievable in months with body weight stuff so it stands to reason you are jacked and muscular as fuck. Should be no problems producing photographic proof.

Or I will conclude you are a lazy larper who got laughed out of the gym.

• +1
Reactions: Julius and Deleted member 4332
WhatsApp Image 2021 01 10 at 100438 AM
WhatsApp Image 2021 01 09 at 70108 PM
Look that is my body i make a combination of high weigh and Calisthenics, but my chest don´t increased much, why ? And for the legs is only whit gym.

JFL what a cop out. You can easily post upper body photos wihout doxing yourself. Even tats are easy to cover up.

You've made claims that what takes years to accomplish in a gym is achievable in months with body weight stuff so it stands to reason you are jacked and muscular as fuck. Should be no problems producing photographic proof.

Or I will conclude you are a lazy larper who got laughed out of the gym.
Bro I am not posting my body here. If you don't like calisthenics then don't post on this thread, it isn't for you. Have fun dead lifting like every other fat mentally ill power lifter that looks like trash.
View attachment 923387View attachment 923388Look that is my body i make a combination of high weigh and Calisthenics, but my chest don´t increased much, why ? And for the legs is only whit gym.
What do you do for chest?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Julius, Deleted member 9670 and 1 other person
Bro I am not posting my body here. If you don't like calisthenics then don't post on this thread, it isn't for you. Have fun dead lifting like every other fat mentally ill power lifter that looks like trash.
Well I'm old and I've never done a cut my whole life but I'm not sure I qualify as fat trash power lifter.
And for the record I do mostly barbell lifts and I'm almost 6'3 so don't come @ me for not being big manlets.

This is my daily form with NO fraudulent lighting or gym pump. If my chest is lacking It's not because of the bench press but because of garbage tier pectoral muscle inserts.

And if you do not post photos why should you have any credibility? Why should anyone take advice from you?
Rtertert5

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, kubo, william and 1 other person

What do you do for chest?
I´m do push up and bench press

• +1
Tbh calisthenics don't target delts well. But you can get a pair of dumbbells to target these areas. Push ups will absolutely give you a good chest as long as you progress with it and without ruining your joints. Its the reason the military uses bodyweight exercises as its primary focus fitness wise. Most gym goers are out of shape and when they lose all their fat they look like crap. Take the average gymcel and put them in a gymnasium and they will look like trash. Gymnasts are ripped because of high volume not the gym.
Volume is everything when it comes to training for hypertrophy. So you have a point there. But you can also just increase volume at the gym aswell. JFL at people doing 4 sets of chin ups a week wondering why they don't have sick V-taper, meanwhile the total work load from the gymnasts, probably doing 200 reps of chin ups a week.

"the reason the military uses bodywheight exercises" im pretty sure that has a lot to do with budgeting. The military got a lot of other stuff they wanna spend their money on instead of giving the soldiers a 5% edge in muscle gain.

The average gymcel's volume per time is trash.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, RecessedPrettyboy, Deleted member 9670 and 1 other person
Volume is everything when it comes to training for hypertrophy. So you have a point there. But you can also just increase volume at the gym aswell. JFL at people doing 4 sets of chin ups a week wondering why they don't have sick V-taper, meanwhile the total work load from the gymnasts, probably doing 200 reps of chin ups a week.

"the reason the military uses bodywheight exercises" im pretty sure that has a lot to do with budgeting. The military got a lot of other stuff they wanna spend their money on instead of giving the soldiers a 5% edge in muscle gain.

The average gymcel's volume per time is trash.
This is very true. Dumbasses on reddit/bodyweightfitness do this garbage routine that doesn't do anything

Look at this TRASH! 3 sets of 5-8 pull ups? WTF is this garbage. This program is for soy boys to progress with bs. Most people with gymnast rings don't even need them as they haven't even progressed to 20 pull ups but they think they are shit because they can do 3 archer pull ups or whatever its called. Yes regardless of what you do high volume is needed.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 9670
This is very true. Dumbasses on reddit/bodyweightfitness do this garbage routine that doesn't do anything

View attachment 923523

Look at this TRASH! 3 sets of 5-8 pull ups? WTF is this garbage. This program is for soy boys to progress with bs. Most people with gymnast rings don't even need them as they haven't even progressed to 20 pull ups but they think they are shit because they can do 3 archer pull ups or whatever its called. Yes regardless of what you do high volume is needed.
Lol with that shitty training routine you just linked you get to the end of noob gains stage at best, with average genetics.

It amazes me when people ask "i've been doing x for y amount of time, why dont i get any gains?"..... well nigga it's because you are doing x and not x+1 then x+2 etc etc...

It's funny to think that some of the sporty kids in middle school who does 100 pushups, sit ups, that sort of stuff every day before bedtime has better training routines than some low iq nerd who thinks he is high iq because he plays starcraft.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Deleted member 9670 and Deleted member 5522
Lol with that shitty training routine you just linked you get to the end of noob gains stage at best, with average genetics.

It amazes me when people ask "i've been doing x for y amount of time, why dont i get any gains?"..... well nigga it's because you are doing x and not x+1 then x+2 etc etc...

It's funny to think that some of the sporty kids in middle school who does 100 pushups, sit ups, that sort of stuff every day before bedtime has better training routines than some low iq nerd who thinks he is high iq because he plays starcraft.
The recommended routine is the WORSE program on reddit and its not even funny. Its not even a training routine its just to achieve skills but is advertised as the be all end all program.

Look how they all SEETHE at this dudes physique as he has a better physique than all of them JFL, they tried to make him go on the recommended routine. Crabs in a bucket if I am being honest. Such greed.

But tbh anyone going to reddit about fitness advice is moronic in the first place. It pisses me off how much of a cult that subreddit is and is making people waste their time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and chasing aesthetics
The recommended routine is the WORSE program on reddit and its not even funny. Its not even a training routine its just to achieve skills but is advertised as the be all end all program.

Look how they all SEETHE at this dudes physique as he has a better physique than all of them JFL, they tried to make him go on the recommended routine. Crabs in a bucket if I am being honest. Such greed.

But tbh anyone going to reddit about fitness advice is moronic in the first place. It pisses me off how much of a cult that subreddit is and is making people waste their time.

Lol side note here, crabs in a bucket is such a major blackpill slogan.

I guess we should just let those iq's remain in the same shape meanwhile we go way past them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Deleted member 5522

there's actually a normal recommended routine and a separate skill based routine if you want to be a fancy pants. I am guessing you're not a fan of Overcoming Gravity and Steven Low?

I must say as a calisthenics guy I have noticed my legs and chest were bigger on higher rep routines like You are your own gym

• +1
there's actually a normal recommended routine and a separate skill based routine if you want to be a fancy pants. I am guessing you're not a fan of Overcoming Gravity and Steven Low?

I must say as a calisthenics guy I have noticed my legs and chest were bigger on higher rep routines like You are your own gym

Jfl he looks meh

Skill based routines will always be inferior. Its why soy boys are obsessed with rings etc. They basically build no muscle but strengthen ligaments etc so they appear strong when in reality they are very weak. Nobody cares about what skills one can do and that's the truth its all about muscle.

Now show us your physique. I expect it to mog all the gymcels here.

Shame about the face. Got adjustable dumbbells, bench and standard barbell over quarantine.

Photo 2 1

• +1
Reactions: Loud_Jock
If you have good genetics, any of the muscle building things you do will make you look good and you won’t fuck yourself up

if you have bad genetics then all of the muscle building things you do will make you look like shit or not work and you will fuck yourself up

when will you coping clowns understand that 99% of all this shit was predetermined before you were born

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244, Deleted member 9568, Agendum and 3 others
that gymnast pic is edited, chris herins squat and lift so is Austin, both juice, ss is made to build base strength not aesthetic, i prefer calisthenics but thsi is cope thread

This thead should be in the trash section

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, william and antiantifa
Most people who get a good physique doing weights have good genetics or take steroids over a long period of times. Low rep calisthenics are far superior to high rep barbell exercises such as starting strength. These programs are for mentally ill fat power lifters who are really just obese. I have yet to see someone who has done starting strength achieve anything. All these programs are garbage.

View attachment 923047

When you go to the gym you see everyone putting on straps, chalk etc. These people are in pain from lifting heavy weights and destroying their joints. Calisthenics builds the joints along with the muscles leading to far, far less injury.

View attachment 923046

View attachment 923005

Or a masculine chest like this gymnast. Gymnasts do high volume calisthenics and look far superior to their gym counterparts.

Squat: The weighted squat is the worse thing you could do for your joints. You are going to just end up damaging your legs from all the weight you lift and also your glutes and thigh size will increase making you look worse than ever before. It will make you look like a woman. High rep bodyweight squats will give you more mobility and make you look more defined than weighted squats and even then it should be done in moderation because aesthetic wise the upper body is the most important. Medium weight high rep squats would be ok but nobody does medium weight as they want to ruin their joints and bodyweight squats will still be better for conditioning. 10 squats of 75kg is insignificant compared to 100 body weight squats conditioning wise. Most people who do the squat for low reps don't even do the intensity therefore they don't build as much definition as body weight squats at high reps.

View attachment 923015

If you see the muscle activation of the squat it makes you look more feminine. It makes your thighs, butt etc bigger. In reality squats are for women to increase butt size while being lean not for men. And don't be fooled that squats build abs, no squats have ever built abs thats a powerlifting cope. Abs need to be build by doing ab workouts not squats. In reality the squat actually widens your abdominal muscles not make them more defined and stick out. The weighted squat is a joke.

View attachment 923018

The average squatting dip shit with no upper body and a big butt. He looks stupid and he is for falling for barbell programs.

The Deadlift: It could be argued that this builds muscle (at the expense of fucking up your back muscles for life) but it also widens your torso more than squats making your waist wide.

View attachment 923022

I understand he has wide bones but its also to do with the fact that he is deadlifting. He has added muscle to his hips making him look more feminine. His chest is also super feminine compared to Calisthenics athletes who train high reps.

View attachment 923023

View attachment 923027

Deadlifts won't work the upper body muscles and you will end up looking more feminine with wider hips and torso removing the lean v taper look and making you look like shit. No girl wants a bloated power lifter, or anyone who touches barbells for the matter. It looks very unnatural to have large hips, glutes but small upper body. Do deadlifts if you hate yourself not if you want to look good.

The push up: One of the most widely used practical exercises there are. You can do many forms that make your chest look great. At high reps the push ups is far superior to the bench press any day of the week.

View attachment 923048

This guy did lots of push ups in different variations and got a great chest. He has a body any girl would love and looks great. Imagine looking like this on the beach. Many mentally ill faggots will say "but he is not big", yet he is bigger than most gym goers and looks much better. Gym goers are just "fat" which makes them look bigger than they actually are. With calisthenics you cannot be fat otherwise your form will suffer. Also he has abs from ab routines. NOT EVERYONE HAS ABS UNDERNEATH THEIR BELLYFAT, THIS IS A POWERLIFTER COPE. "Just lose fat bro, everyone has abs bro". NO, you HAVE to do an ab routine for abs. Why do power lifters etc say this bs? Its because they are lazy and just want to do low rep high weight barbell training that will fuck up their joints. They are too lazy and fat for ab routines. Ab routines are the most important exercises do to women liking abs the most.

View attachment 923050

Just because you are low body fat does NOT mean you will see much ab definition. This cope needs to stop. It is very dishonest. If you are not obese like a powerlifter or gymgoer and don't have great abs you need to do an ab routine. Chris Heria has great videos online for this.

The push up work your arms, chest and shoulders to a lesser degree. This makes you look great. You will look athletic if you do lots of push ups compared to a mentally ill faggot benching his own body weight just for a feminine chest.

The pullup/chinup: The best exercise for lats. These will give you a vtaper and good arms. Wish the pushup and pullup exercises and variations you will look much better than any gym goer as your focus will be on the upper body instead of the lower body. These will build your lats much better than a lat pulldown or deadlift.

View attachment 923038

Autstin Dunham and many more have built an amazing back from doing pull ups and his arms are also great. Although I disagree with his low rep approach to calisthenics as most people don't train with the right intensity for it he still looks great. No gym goer will look like this without roiding.

Abs: Abs need constant stimulus to grow. Ab ab routine will make your abs burn. Don't use an ab roller as they thicken your abdominal muscles rather use your bodyweight to make your abs pop out and look great. I have showed examples here already but if you want to research it just look at calisthenics athletes abs vs barbell lifters abs. Sure the top barbell lifters may have abs when cutting for 3-6 months a year if they do steroids and religiously destroy their joints. But the average calisthenics person looks much better than the average bulked lifter ab wise. Trust me.

Conclusion: I have NEVER seen a success story from starting strength. I tried heavy barbell exercises in my teens and it just fucked up my joints (luckily not permanently). Bodyweight exercises have been far superior than heavy barbell exercises and they make you look better proportionally regardless of how much muscle you build. You can build all the muscle you want in the world with barbell exercises (if you can as a natural) but you will always look like trash and need to "bulk" to make it look like you have muscles when its actually just fat". Many mentally ill barbell users will swear by their methods and its become cult like but they can't really deny that calisthenics is better. So why you ask me is calisthenics not more popular? Its because people are lazy and want to do low reps. This never builds muscle. People want an easy way out. Ignore reddits soy boy routine called "recommended routine", that's just as bad as weighted exercises at building muscle as it doesn't have enough volume. Doing 3x12 pushups is not enough to build shit. That routine is garbage and nobody looks any better on it. The reason people think their routine works is because they have been on it for a year when they could have gotten those results in months. 4 months of high volume calisthenics will make you look better than the vast majority of the population. Sadly high volume calisthenics will never fully catch on as people want an easy way out but its the only way to really look good.

Take a look at this guy he knows whats up and looks great with high volume calisthenics. The reason he is not famous is because he speaks the truth and the average normie doesn't want to put in the effort of doing work for anything.

You have to be deluded if you dont think women love a good butt on a man. Get out the house

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Julius
JFL at you for posting all these roiders and not mentioning roiding. Roids + calisthenics = god body.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
lol why not do both

You have to be deluded if you dont think women love a good butt on a man. Get out the house
Bro you just want to be gay admit it

I only do dumbbell bench press and squats as weightlifting exercises, apart from that I only use calisthenics, weighted pull ups, inverted rows, push ups, chest flyes all this on rings, also Hill sprints, pistol squats and single leg hip thrust

• +1
I only do dumbbell bench press and squats as weightlifting exercises, apart from that I only use calisthenics, weighted pull ups, inverted rows, push ups, chest flyes all this on rings, also Hill sprints, pistol squats and single leg hip thrust
Supplementing weights with calisthenics can be very beneficial.

• +1
Reactions: Julius

View attachment 923047

View attachment 923046

View attachment 923005

View attachment 923015

View attachment 923018

View attachment 923022

View attachment 923023

View attachment 923027

View attachment 923048

View attachment 923050

View attachment 923038

Good post, high rep calenstetics are also better for the tendons (underrated asf) which will improve longevity

Stupid thread. Gymnasts literally take steroids. If you take steroids you could half ass body weight routines and eat enough to get jacked.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, GigaAscender and Deleted member 6512
I did convict conditioning but didnt gain any size. Was the volume too low then?

you piqued my interest op

old school calisthenics body is pretty much the ideal imo

Literally the only difference between calisthenics and weightlifting is that with calisthenics you use your bodyweight instead of easily adjustable weights and you have to do a bunch of physical and mental gymnastics to adjust the load instead

Calisthenics aren't as good for muscle growth eventually, cause eventually you'll hit joint limit not muscle limit.

• +1
Reactions: GigaAscender
Nigga you didn't say how many reps to do ideally

Gymmaxxing absolutely mogs in terms of gaining size and strength, although weighted calisthenics is also great for strength. Learning calisthenics moves can also be impressive to girls and will get you good attention tho.

• +1
Reactions: one job away

View attachment 923047

View attachment 923046

View attachment 923005

View attachment 923015

View attachment 923018

View attachment 923022

View attachment 923023

View attachment 923027

View attachment 923048

View attachment 923050

View attachment 923038

so much effort for such a shitty thread smh

@rightfulcel

How would this work for ectomorph?