Why high volume calisthenics is better than weight lifting

this post was pure nonsense.

Instead of painstakingly going over all the ways in which you are wrong, lets just focus on one egregious error you made: that different types of exercise can give different "looks" or shapes to the muscles.

The shape of your muscles and your various proportions are dictated by genetics. The muscles never change shape - they simply get larger (hypertrophy) or smaller (atrophy). The only degree to which one has any influence over how they look is by way of optical illusion - the appearance of a smaller waist by having larger shoulders for example.

The examples are dumb. The powerlifter has a "feminine" chest because he's obese, not because he does bench presses, you moron. Your gymnast crush sitting on the couch and putting away 5000 calories every day for a few months would end up with a nice pair of tits too, regardless of how his pecs underneath all that fatty tissue are.

As for the old wives tales about weighted squatting, this isn't even worth addressing. Mounds of research from the 1960s and up to present day have thoroughly dispelled the notion that properly performed full squats are dangerous to the joints - on the contrary, they improve stability and reduce injury, especially in sports.

"Well what about IMPROPERLY performed huh huh huh!?" Well, improperly performed anything can hurt you. Improper use of a kitchen knife could have you end up in the ICU, but only a moron would attempt to make the case that kitchen knives are dangerous to use.

Point of fact, most people could reach near their genetic potential for most of their muscles with a simple program of pullups, dips and squats, eventually being able to perform one-limb variations of these maneuvers, but the reason weights are a superior tool is a matter of efficiency.

I'm not anxious to convince you of the benefits; do whatever you want, but just stop subjecting me to dumb shit like this Thanks in Advance.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: xxmaxxingxx, TakaTeo, Racky and 4 others
this post was pure nonsense.

Instead of painstakingly going over all the ways in which you are wrong, lets just focus on one egregious error you made: that different types of exercise can give different "looks" or shapes to the muscles.

The shape of your muscles and your various proportions are dictated by genetics. The muscles never change shape - they simply get larger (hypertrophy) or smaller (atrophy). The only degree to which one has any influence over how they look is by way of optical illusion - the appearance of a smaller waist by having larger shoulders for example.

The examples are dumb. The powerlifter has a "feminine" chest because he's obese, not because he does bench presses, you moron. Your gymnast crush sitting on the couch and putting away 5000 calories every day for a few months would end up with a nice pair of tits too, regardless of how his pecs underneath all that fatty tissue are.

As for the old wives tales about weighted squatting, this isn't even worth addressing. Mounds of research from the 1960s and up to present day have thoroughly dispelled the notion that properly performed full squats are dangerous to the joints - on the contrary, they improve stability and reduce injury, especially in sports.

"Well what about IMPROPERLY performed huh huh huh!?" Well, improperly performed anything can hurt you. Improper use of a kitchen knife could have you end up in the ICU, but only a moron would attempt to make the case that kitchen knives are dangerous to use.

Point of fact, most people could reach near their genetic potential for most of their muscles with a simple program of pullups, dips and squats, eventually being able to perform one-limb variations of these maneuvers, but the reason weights are a superior tool is a matter of efficiency.

I'm not anxious to convince you of the benefits; do whatever you want, but just stop subjecting me to dumb shit like this Thanks in Advance.
Everyone is different

If this post is such "nonsense" then why are you getting super defensive and salty? Wouldn't you just laugh it off jfl

Girls don't like bloated powerlifters, they like lean guys and no way can you do 15 pull ups and 30 diamond push ups while being fat.

With squats etc you can be bloated as shit and still perform a lot of weight due to cushion support, joints etc but longevity wise its bad

People don't even have to do calisthenics, but barbell programs are inefficient as shit.

by the way, the gymnast in your OP is jacked because he's about 5'3. So are most of the youtube "street fitness" stars, in addition to being lifelong steroid addicts.

Here's what a human sized elite gymnast looks like:
igor-cassina.jpg

You'll be hard pressed to find many, if any examples of a jacked gymnast in the 5'9+ range.

• +1
Reactions: Inscol and Deleted member 5522
You'll be hard pressed to find many, if any examples of a jacked gymnast in the 5'9+ range.
They can't get away with more weight at taller heights

Plus that dude looks better than most people in the gym I see anyway

Most retarded post on this site

most gymnasts are like 2 feet tall at most.

the other people you showed are black and can look like thisoff of push-ups:

97626EB5 93B9 4221 B4BC 2B62BEA052AA

For everyone else, if you can OHP 150+ for reps, do 10 weighted pull-ups in a row, and incline bench 2 plates for reps you cannot look small period unless you are trying.

this: 0B2D9357 07AB 41D3 908C EA5097852E03

is the ideal natty body and you aren’t getting it by doing push-ups and rope drills.

this guy spent a year with a power rack for this.

if you can’t lift heavy you aren’t going to be big.

Last edited:
Calisthenics has become very popular in the last few years. You could probably call it Bodyweight training and includes stuff like burpees, pullups, chinups, dips etc. Iron Wolf has a pretty big following online and a lot of offshoot channels that are focused on burpees, pullups, dips etc. Al Kavaldlo is based on Convict Conditioning and gymnast type moves. Crossfit is also kind of along the same lines of Calisthenics with it WODs. Lots of youtubers have a wide variety of bodyweight challenges, going to the gym needn't be about Bodybuilding or weight, supps or steroids, as Bodyweight offers a lot of scope. That is my view anyway.

Hard pill to swallow but it's true. I gymcelled for years and while I was jacked I suffered so many injuries I gave the fuck up. inb4 bad form, nah nigga it's just a matter of time with lifting, eventully you snap some shit up.
Eventually I switched to calisthenics and my upper body is actually a bit bigger in places where it matters (delts) and the only thing that got smaller a bit are my legs but fuck that lmao

Where is the evidence that high volume with low intensity mogs low volume with high intensity?

You might as well start with calisthenics and if you run up against the inherent limits then move to gym.

Certainly my genetics are too shit to hit the limits of calisthenics except for one leg squats. I used to do barbell training (various methods tried, from 3x5 to 5x12, full body or PPLPPL) and getting beyond a 60kg bench for 12 reps basically proved impossible no matter what diet, routine or steroids I threw at it.

Most people would quit lifting at that point because it's "not for them" but obviously I do it exclusively to compete for foids.

It’s quite literally the opposite. Reaching progressive overload with JUST calisthenics( not doing weighted calisthenics) is a lot harder than lifting weights where you can linearly add more weight.Most calisthenics only athletes who don’t juice look shredded but like they don’t even lift with a shirt on.

All cope, your muscle insertions, frame, androgens etc. are out of your control. Doesn't matter what training style you do.

• +1
Reactions: oldcell
Actually the only interesting thread I've read on this forum. I'm unconvinced but there's some good arguments in here

Nice article but PILE of cope

U cherrypicked guys with shit genetics as an examples of lifter

I did Cali 5 years and after i switched to weights i gained 3-4 kg of lean mass and i looks much better

ITs all about bodyfat and diet tho

For every guy who got aesthetic purely through calisthenics (which is cap) I can show ten more that got aesthetic through weight lifting.

Muh "athletic lean" physique tht will disappear inside a size M shirt.

Mass, size and girth are the ingredients to a physical mog. Neither of those can be acquired without resistance training.

• +1
Reactions: thecel