Why obesity is so common today

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
- Access to calorie-dense and processed foods whenever we want, wherever we want. Food advertisements and shops are everywhere, tempting us to buy something to eat even if we're not really hungry.
- Diets/eating habits that involve predominantly high calorie foods and only very little low calorie foods. Our metabolisms are not adapted to eating that many calories. Compared to vegetables, berries, leafy greens and herbs, these foods have much less volume per calorie, so we need to eat a larger amount to get full.
- Lack of micronutrients. Many processed or cooked foods lack vitamins and minerals, so you'll crave more of it to meet your needs.
- Eating out of boredom, to relieve stress or just for the taste, since processed foods are made to taste good and make you want more.
- Fixed meal times. Society tells you to eat three meals a day, even if you're not hungry. On top of that, you often have snacks in between meals and the calories add up. Eating like this alters your natural appetite regulation. The consequence: you can't differentiate appetite from being actually hungry anymore and overeat.
- Loneliness, lack of social interaction. Being by yourself most of the time increases appetite and makes emotional eating more likely because instead of having a good time with others, you need to get your dopamine from something else. And because it's so easily accessible, we often turn to food. Contrary to the cliche, this applies not only to women but to men as well. Coping with alcohol is also very common and even worse for your waistline because it's very calorie-dense while providing no nutrition to sustain a healthy body.
- Unhealthy sleep schedules and lack of sleep. Makes you more hungry due to increased ghrelin and cortisol and decreased leptin. Also because sugar helps you stay awake. It's hard to have optimal sleeping habits these days. Rotating work shifts, electronic devices, lack of physical activity, media etc.
- The fitness boom. Especially teenagers and skinny people with self-esteem issues are at risk of overeating (i.e. dirty bulking) in order to gain weight or muscle. Many people would rather have a buff look with increased body fat than be lean and athletic. Growth hormone boosting drugs and supplements like folate and B12 can also alter your appetite.
- Sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity. Self-explanatory.
- Lack of sunlight.
- Gut dysbiosis. Diets that lead to an overgrowth of firmicutes and decrease of bacteroidetes bacteria.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: dna_cel, incel194012940, Deleted member 7901 and 19 others
I think it's the sedentary lifestyle that comes from technology. Men thrive in hunter gatherer lifestyle our hormone is amplified by it, men are supposed to be active and hunting but nowadays men just eat junk food and sit on their computers, this lockdown has amplified it and we can see estrogen taking over more and more .

Attachments

• 65irxc32fxe51.jpg
    65irxc32fxe51.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 386
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Blue, Danish_Retard, spark and 6 others
In short: shit Lifestyle

I think it's the sedentary lifestyle that comes from technology. Men thrive in hunter gatherer lifestyle our hormone is amplified by it, men are supposed to be active and hunting but nowadays men just eat junk food and sit on their computers, this lockdown has amplified it and we can see estrogen taking over more and more .
Give lean wild animals 24/7 access to calorie-dense food and they'll get fat too. We're born into this lifestyle and overeating is socially accepted/even encouraged so it's no surprise that obesity is on the rise. You need a lot of discipline to avoid it and many people don't care enough about their health and looks to give up the pleasure of eating whatever they want, whenever they want.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, LowTierNormie, Danish_Retard and 3 others
Give lean wild animals 24/7 access to calorie-dense food and they'll get fat too. We're born into this lifestyle and overeating is socially accepted/even encouraged so it's no surprise that obesity is on the rise. You need a lot of discipline to avoid it and many people don't care enough about their health and looks to give up the pleasure of eating whatever they want, whenever they want.
Yeah food being so accessible is a problem as well, imagine in hunter gatherer era food was a commodity and you had to portion it out properly vs now just go to the supermarket buy processed garbage and chug it all in 1 day

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
It's just the natural evolution of man.
Evolution-of-Obesity-copie.png

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, SoyGune, Yerico7 and 8 others
You are obsessed with being extreme leaness , like many on this site

What u sayed is true, but leaness u promote here is not that beneficial for the guys

For example people like Zyros would be hardcore incels (he might be one) and mocked by both males and females here and world wide overall

I would rather be sligth buff as a male with 17 percent bodyfat, comparing to 9 percent bodyfat skeleton with no strenght, respect and weight 140 pounds

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
You are obsessed with being extreme leaness , like many on this site

What u sayed is true, but leaness u promote here is not that beneficial for the guys

For example people like Zyros would be hardcore incels (he might be one) and mocked by both males and females here and world wide overall

I would rather be sligth buff as a male with 17 percent bodyfat, comparing to 9 percent bodyfat skeleton with no strenght, respect and weight 140 pounds
I'm not obsessed with anorexia at all. Just listing some of the main factors for obesity. It's true that I've become quite lean but it was a natural and very slow process. I didn't do any crash diets, count calories, starve myself or restrict my food options to get there. It was all natural appetite regulation and listening to my body more. Even I tend to overeat sometimes

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and oldcell
@LondonVillie how's your weight loss going? Let me know if you need advice to make it easier

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and Deleted member 756
Just sedentary lifestyle and infinite access to calories. If you play sports it pretty much impossible to be obese

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 7725 and Need2Ascend
- Access to calorie-dense and processed foods whenever we want, wherever we want. Food advertisements and shops are everywhere, tempting us to buy something to eat even if we're not really hungry.
- Diets/eating habits that involve predominantly high calorie foods and only very little low calorie foods. Our metabolisms are not adapted to eating that many calories. Compared to vegetables, berries, leafy greens and herbs, these foods have much less volume per calorie, so we need to eat a larger amount to get full.
- Lack of micronutrients. Many processed or cooked foods lack vitamins and minerals, so you'll crave more of it to meet your needs.
- Eating out of boredom, to relieve stress or just for the taste, since processed foods are made to taste good and make you want more.
- Fixed meal times. Society tells you to eat three meals a day, even if you're not hungry. On top of that, you often have snacks in between meals and the calories add up. Eating like this alters your natural appetite regulation. The consequence: you can't differentiate appetite from being actually hungry anymore and overeat.
- Loneliness, lack of social interaction. Being by yourself most of the time increases appetite and makes emotional eating more likely because instead of having a good time with others, you need to get your dopamine from something else. And because it's so easily accessible, we often turn to food. Contrary to the cliche, this applies not only to women but to men as well. Coping with alcohol is also very common and even worse for your waistline because it's very calorie-dense while providing no nutrition to sustain a healthy body.
- Unhealthy sleep schedules and lack of sleep. Makes you more hungry due to increased ghrelin and cortisol and decreased leptin. Also because sugar helps you stay awake. It's hard to have optimal sleeping habits these days. Rotating work shifts, electronic devices, lack of physical activity, media etc.
- The fitness boom. Especially teenagers and skinny people with self-esteem issues are at risk of overeating (i.e. dirty bulking) in order to gain weight or muscle. Many people would rather have a buff look with increased body fat than be lean and athletic. Growth hormone boosting drugs and supplements like folate and B12 can also alter your appetite.
- Lack of sunlight.
- Gut dysbiosis. Diets that lead to an overgrowth of firmicutes and decrease of bacteroidetes bacteria.
In essence:
- poor balanced diet ->increase in fast and instant food sales -> lesser need to cook meals
- aren't active in sports or an outdoor hobby -> influences confidence, increase in hormone produce (T, Vitamin D, etc)
- poorly experienced childhood / poorly experienced adolescence -> effects mentality and mental health

Having a balanced diet as a child would cover for all the nutrients and having an outdoor hobby to burn excess waste. You oversimplified it a bit, but decent thread.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
If you play sports it pretty much impossible to be obese
That's not true. Good luck burning off a surplus of 3,000+ kcals by playing a sport. While lack of physical activity definitely plays a role, our unlimited access to non-filling calorie bombs and the increasing lack of direct social interaction are the main culprits

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
That's not true. Good luck burning off a surplus of 3,000+ kcals by playing a sport. While lack of physical activity definitely plays a role, our unlimited access to non-filling calorie bombs and the increasing lack of direct social interaction are the main culprits
If you somehow got yourself in a 3000 cal surplus on accident I don't know how to help you

If you somehow got yourself in a 3000 cal surplus on accident I don't know how to help you
It's easy. I could eat 10k kcal of processed garbage and calorie-dense foods a day with no problems if I wanted to. A 7 ounce pack of cashews has 1,200 kcal, for example. A glass of whiskey has about 560 kcal. Look at the average US American. They're getting bigger and bigger, just like their food portions.

In fact, it's hard to get full on a calorie-dense diet with mostly processed/dehydrated foods. So you need to eat above your TDEE if you want to feel full.

• +1
most of the friends I know can spend the day eating junk food that continues with 1 digit bf,so you gain fat if you are fag

Facts. Sugar deserves a shoutout too

Dnrd but it’s because foids aren’t held to looks standards and men are depressed and food cope @ImprovLoser @FallenPrime

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2597 and Deleted member 11705
  • +1
Reactions: Subhuman trash
The main reason is carbs, specially processed foods with lot of carbs in them, cut the carbs from your diet and you can't eat enough protein a day to be fat.

most of the friends I know can spend the day eating junk food that continues with 1 digit bf,so you gain fat if you are fag
Good for them. I doubt that any of your friends actually has a dingle digit body fat % though. People often underestimate leanness.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Danish_Retard
Dnrd but it’s because foids aren’t held to looks standards and men are depressed and food cope @ImprovLoser @FallenPrime
Sounds like projection to me. But yeah, food is often (ab)used as a cope, be it for loneliness or whatever you're not happy about

The main reason is carbs, specially processed foods with lot of carbs in them, cut the carbs from your diet and you can't eat enough protein a day to be fat.
It's easy to overeat on sugar, yes, but the calorie density of processed foods in general is too high to allow you to eat a lot without exceeding your TDEE. I wouldn't cut out any macronutrient, it's not healthy or necessary either

• +1
- Lack of sunlight.
Schools are starting to accept not forcing people to do sports because it's "fatphobic" and makes people "uncomfortable" too. All part of the Jewish masterplan so they can take over without fight back.

• JFL
I’m 6’7” so for me to gain weight I have to eat 4000 calories per day. Basically impossible to do without trying. That’s why there are so many tall framecels.

How stop this?
Really junk food is tempting, while fruit and vegetables are not.

I also go for walking,but looks like is not enough

I’m 6’7” so for me to gain weight I have to eat 4000 calories per day. Basically impossible to do without trying. That’s why there are so many tall framecels.
I'd love to be in your shoes. Gigachad height and you can eat a lot. Ideal imo

How stop this?
Really junk food is tempting, while fruit and vegetables are not.

I also go for walking,but looks like is not enough
Learn to make your meals taste better. Have a glass of milk with your first and last meal of the day. Add tons of veggies to your meals. Eat more legumes, swap dehydrated carb souces like bread and cereal for cooked rice or potatoes. Eat more low calorie high volume foods. Chew gum to stay away from snacks or snack on raw veggies instead. Don't avoid salt. Basically, increase satiety and fullness and avoid calorie-dense processed foods that don't make you full properly. To successfully loose weight however, you must consume less energy than you burn. There's no way around this.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Danish_Retard and Deleted member 795
read everything

Last edited:
  • +1
Learn to make your meals taste better. Have a glass of milk with your first and last meal of the day. Add tons of veggies to your meals. Eat more legumes, swap dehydrated carb souces like bread and cereal for cooked rice or potatoes. Eat more low calorie high volume foods. Chew gum to stay away from snacks or snack on raw veggies instead. Don't avoid salt. Basically, increase satiety and fullness and avoid calorie-dense processed foods that don't make you full properly. To successfully loose weight however, you must consume less energy than you burn. There's no way around this.
Legit I have been on this for 2 months and a half and it's insane how little I eat now, I just take brown rice with some kidney beans, chicken, broccoli a few other veggies, right after the meal some supplements, a glass of milk and that's it

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Bewusst
MIGHT read this later ngl

Tall framelet is brutal, looks comical massive pencil. But tall with good frame is absolute mogger tier, extremely intimidating no one fucks with u. Good observation though most tall people I see are framelets big time

Last edited:
MIGHT read later

thanks for making a good thread, change your avi tho, it's shit
Rudolf Heß was a gigamogger. I am getting slight antifascist vibes from you

- Lack of sunlight.

make a thread about the gut i was thinking about this few days ago, high IQ btw.

Good for them. I doubt that any of your friends actually has a dingle digit body fat % though. People often underestimate leanness.
good apparent vascularity, abs also completely apparent, lean face even eating pizzas and more pizzas

I'd love to be in your shoes. Gigachad height and you can eat a lot. Ideal imo
No you wouldn't. You'd want to be ~6'2" where you can get a buff physique without forcefeeding yourself and still be tall. At 6'7" I need to take ghrelin boosters to be able to eat enough to gain weight.

It's easy to overeat on sugar, yes, but the calorie density of processed foods in general is too high to allow you to eat a lot without exceeding your TDEE. I wouldn't cut out any macronutrient, it's not healthy or necessary either
I don't mean you should cut the carbs, just that if you do you can't get fat by eating "too much protein".

- Lack of sunlight.
It’s boredom

No you wouldn't. You'd want to be ~6'2" where you can get a buff physique without forcefeeding yourself and still be tall. At 6'7" I need to take ghrelin boosters to be able to eat enough to gain weight.
- The fitness boom. Especially teenagers and skinny people with self-esteem issues are at risk of overeating (i.e. dirty bulking) in order to gain weight or muscle. Many people would rather have a buff look with increased body fat than be lean and athletic.
You're a good example of someone with muscle dysmorphia

Black coffee, water and some toasted onion bagels with butter is all I need to get from 210 lbs to current 180 lbs in just few weeks. I didnt even have to break a sweat. My goal is to get to 165 lbs.

why milk?
Because it's very satiating and keeps you full longer. Calcium intake is also important for lipolysis and attenuation of lipogenesis during hypercaloric conditions

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 795
Very useful information here. After I lost 30kg and CICO wasn't viable for me anymore this helped so much. Never heard of drinking a glass of milk but I'll try to do that.

• +1