Why silicone isn't good material for implants

lasnt

lasnt

Ascension by 2024 or Death
Title

I don't get it why many members here discourage getting silicone implants and get PEEK or medpor implants instead

Isn't silicon softer than both of them as material so less bone resorption or am i wrong?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 5.5psl and thereallegend
Silicone implants are not advised because they may erode the nearby bone and tissue and result in complications like infection, implant displacement, and chronic pain. Contrarily, polyetheretherketone (PEEK) implants have been demonstrated to have improved mechanical strength, durability, and biocompatibility, making them a more secure and dependable choice for implants.

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius, 5.5psl, Mr.Proper and 2 others
Silicone implants are not advised because they may erode the nearby bone and tissue and result in complications like infection, implant displacement, and chronic pain. Contrarily, polyetheretherketone (PEEK) implants have been demonstrated to have improved mechanical strength, durability, and biocompatibility, making them a more secure and dependable choice for implants.
Whichs cheaper though, silicone or PEEK and what's your thoughts about medpor ?

Last edited:
PEEK Implants:

Pros:

• PEEK implants are made from a lightweight, biocompatible material that is resistant to wear and tear.
  • PEEK implants are radiolucent, meaning they won't interfere with X-rays or other medical imaging tests.
  • PEEK implants are relatively easy to customize, allowing the surgeon to tailor the implant to the patient's unique facial structure.
Cons:

• PEEK implants are generally more expensive than silicone implants.
  • PEEK implants may not be suitable for patients with a thin or delicate facial structure, as they may be more visible or palpable than silicone implants in some cases.
  • There is limited long-term data on the safety and efficacy of PEEK implants, as they are a relatively new technology.
Silicone Implants:

Pros:

• Silicone implants have a long track record of safety and efficacy in cheek augmentation procedures.
  • Silicone implants come in a variety of shapes and sizes, allowing the surgeon to choose the implant that best fits the patient's individual needs.
  • Silicone implants are generally less expensive than PEEK implants.
Cons:

• Silicone implants may be more prone to displacement or shifting over time, which can lead to an uneven or unnatural appearance.
  • Silicone implants are not radiolucent, meaning they may interfere with medical imaging tests.
  • There is a small risk of complications with silicone implants, such as infection or implant rupture.

• +1
Reactions: rolloftape, malicieusss, Deleted member 24789 and 3 others
implants are shit , fillers mog and especially Radiesse

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl and Red Fox
How so ? They aren't prement you should redo it every 2yrs and they distributes around the face within time

• +1
Reactions: rolloftape and VenatorLuparius
How so ? They aren't prement you should redo it every 2yrs and they distributes around the face within time
radiesse doesn't migrate and i only believe in aesthetic results and we can see that fillers always look better

• +1
Reactions: Red Fox
Thank you! This is life fuel. I don't wanna get implants bc of the risk of infection years later (it's possible). I plan to get fillers in summer, I look quite strange with no cheekbones and a weird skull, I hope they can do something.

What are your opinions on fillers vs implants for the gonions ? At

• +1
Reactions: Majkal
radiesse doesn't migrate and i only believe in aesthetic results and we can see that fillers always look better
Maybe for chin and jaw yeah filers better alternative than implants or genio/bimax but for infras and zygos implants are better

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
But they are temporary and lose the skin too
Also we don't know what are their disadvantages in the long term as they are pretty new in the surgeries
I might be wrong too , fillers do give good results without a doubt and most results I see are much better with fillers rather than implants but they are temporary and literally loosen up the entire skin forever

• +1
Reactions: Majkal, malicieusss and Deleted member 24789
What are your opinions on fillers vs implants for the gonions ? At
My thoughts are you’re a faggoity loser bitch Kys

• Ugh..
  • WTF
Reactions: jflsnowdzz and 5.5psl
Also we don't know what are their disadvantages in the long term as they are pretty new in the surgeries
I might be wrong too , fillers do give good results without a doubt and most results I see are much better with fillers rather than implants but they are temporary and literally loosen up the entire skin forever
Implants will loosen up the skin also

• +1
Maybe for chin and jaw yeah filers better alternative than implants or genio/bimax but for infras and zygos implants are better
Are u sure ? who told you that

• +1
Implants will loosen up the skin also
But atleast they are giving permanant results which is a huge thing
We can't be caring for the face again and again after every 6 months
Also do keep in mind that fillers peak till 1 month after that decline in their aesthetics

• +1
Reactions: Majkal and Deleted member 24789
But atleast they are giving permanant results which is a huge thing
We can't be caring for the face again and again after every 6 months
Also do keep in mind that fillers peak till 1 month after that decline in their aesthetics
Wish we could solve our issues with implants and fillers only without osteotomy that's what im afraid of

• +1
Wish we could solve our issues with implants and fillers only without osteotomy that's what im afraid of
If you need for eg a bimax then don't avoid it

• +1
Reactions: Majkal
fr, no idea what fillers would do over 20+ years. Although most ppl here don't want to live past 40, I do and i'd trade fillers for a good, well-designed block of PEEK anytime.

• +1