why you overestimate your looks / how much women are attracted to you and why thats good

paulie_walnuts

paulie_walnuts

rookie of the year
Research consistently shows that men believe women are more sexually interested in them than women actually are (Levesque et al., 2006; Perrilloux et al., 2012; Treat et al., 2015). Interestingly, women also believe men are less sexually interested in them than men actually are (Levesque et al. 2006; Perrilloux et al., 2012).

The more attractive the woman was to the man, the more likely he was to overestimate her interest.

Costly Errors

Evolutionarily, for men, it may be more costly to miss a potential mating opportunity than it is to risk rejection due to the misperception of sexual interest. Men who misperceive women’s sexual interest may have had more successful mating opportunities and, thus, may have evolved the bias to overestimate women’s sexual interest (Perrilloux et al., 2012). In fact, researchers even predict that women’s physical attractiveness should be related to men’s misperception, because missing a mating opportunity with an attractive woman (and thus likely a fertile woman) would be more costly than missing an opportunity with a less attractive woman.

Because women also tend to underestimate men's sexual interest (Levesque et al., 2006; Perilloux et al., 2012), more research will be necessary to increase accuracy in the perception of sexual interest among heterosexual pairs. Future research may also reveal whether same-sex individuals more accurately perceive one another's sexual interest. Until then, it may be wise for men and women to be aware of their biases in the perception of sexual interest.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Achathin, hebbewem and 1 other person
Didn't read.

• +1
Reactions: FatJattMofo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1106
Not a single word

The pain never ends. Good to be aware of though.

Not a single word. XD

I read everything

I read everything twice and translated to 7 diff languages

Very good, very blackpilled studies.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Mewton, Stingray and 1 other person
"Many of the strategies that women use to signal their sexual interest in men are subtle and nonverbal, such as eye contact, eyebrow flashing, open body posture, and smiling (Moore, 2010). "

Just lol if these are empirically based IOI's. Get on my level bitch; I get rejected after they spam mail me with love emojis, keep texting me while I ignore them, ask me out and then reject my advances. I'm living in a twilight zone.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Mewton and Demir
this applies to a far lesser extent to people who are blackpilled, familiar with lookist theories, and are able to rate themselves objectively. i dont believe anyone on these types of forums are as delusional as others.

SLf3XrU

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Mewton, Demir and 2 others
I’m like this

this applies to a far lesser extent to people who are blackpilled, familiar with lookist theories, and are able to rate themselves objectively. i dont believe anyone on these types of forums are as delusional as others.

View attachment 79757

the more delusion the better

this guys coping ability give him an evolutionary advantage

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and DidntRead
the more delusion the better

this guys coping ability give him an evolutionary advantage
i saw a thread on lookism the other day about the "mirror disassociation theory," where it is believed that if you stare at yourself in a mirror for a solid 5-10 minutes you will begin to see yourself as a stranger. this may help in rating yourself more objectively.

• +1
Reactions: Achathin
i saw a thread on lookism the other day about the "mirror disassociation theory," where it is believed that if you stare at yourself in a mirror for a solid 5-10 minutes you will begin to see yourself as a stranger. this may help in rating yourself more objectively.
this or just take mushrooms or lsd

• Love it
Reactions: DidntRead