Will braces and elastics recess my maxilla, jaw and/or chin

F

fakecel1120

Bronze
I asked my ortho if the elastics will recess my maxilla, he said there’s nothing to worry about “it’s only moving my teeth”, these are the patters he has me on, (left side, right side)
IMG 4687
IMG 4688
people say i have a good forward grown maxilla but im worried it’ll get recessed and i won’t be forward grown anymore. what should i do, do i stop using elastics and just mew?

Idk and mewing is cope.

• +1
Reactions: lestoa
I asked my ortho if the elastics will recess my maxilla, he said there’s nothing to worry about “it’s only moving my teeth”, these are the patters he has me on, (left side, right side) View attachment 2776409View attachment 2776410people say i have a good forward grown maxilla but im worried it’ll get recessed and i won’t be forward grown anymore. what should i do, do i stop using elastics and just mew?

I wonder if it only move the alveolar bony part what teeth attached or the whole entire lower part of the maxilla.

or it is just moving the teeth in each sockets

I wonder if it only move the alveolar bony part what teeth attached or the whole entire lower part of the maxilla.

or it is just moving the teeth in each sockets
i’m not sure, how can i figure it out what should i ask my ortho? also if it does move my maxilla should i stop wearing them

i’m not sure, how can i figure it out what should i ask my ortho? also if it does move my maxilla should i stop wearing them
ask him/her, make him or her confirmed that it only move the bones where teeth attached not the shape of the upper jaw bone.

I didnt wear my elastics at all and they never noticed

J try that and if he asks you why u arent wearing them slap him in the face

• JFL
Reactions: MasterMan and Kirby7000
I didnt wear my elastics at all and they never noticed

J try that and if he asks you why u arent wearing them slap him in the face
then your orthodontic result wouldnt be ideal

as the purpose of it is to correct/retract your teeth inward. I doubt maxilla affected that much.

Orthos just want your money, they don’t give af abt screwing with ur facial structure

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070
then your orthodontic result wouldnt be ideal

as the purpose of it is to correct/retract your teeth inward. I doubt maxilla affected that much.
My teeth are perfectly aligned

I dont think my ortho knew what they were doing jfl the place i went had a different guy every 4 months
Orthos just want your money, they don’t give af abt screwing with ur facial structure
Fucking right

should i stop wearing elastics

I asked my ortho if the elastics will recess my maxilla, he said there’s nothing to worry about “it’s only moving my teeth”, these are the patters he has me on, (left side, right side) View attachment 2776409View attachment 2776410people say i have a good forward grown maxilla but im worried it’ll get recessed and i won’t be forward grown anymore. what should i do, do i stop using elastics and just mew?
Braces shouldn’t

Plenty of cases of elastics causing recession though

Ask Dr Mew bro

Orthos are dangerous criminals I had extractions and elastics and was extremely downward grown and recessed

obviously but at 14 will it fix a overbite
I been mewing since birth and have an overbite jfl, only thing is the overbite is dental which means my jaw or upper jaw is no recessed or protruding whatsoever