wim hof breathing may lead to brain damage

PURE ARYAN GENETICS

PURE ARYAN GENETICS

toucan
ok so you're basically nuking your body's ability to detect oxygen deprivation and then you're depriving yourself of oxygen for several minutes. that can't be good for you ngl. I've done it like twice, felt light headed then stopped. also you're fucking mouth breathing lmao???? now there are many people who have been doing it daily for years and they don't seem to report adverse effects and indeed moderate breath holding has many benefits but this is turbo extreme shit promoted by an old baldcel with obviously no regard for his wellbeing as seen by his attempts to endure severe conditions for muh world record and to sell his books I guess

does this nigga look especially healthy to anyone?
Wim-Hof-in-the-snow-breathwork-1024x997.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Buci, Gargantuan, ChadpreetMaxxer and 3 others
I think ice baths are great once in a while but his breathing method is very dangerous. Wouldn't recommend anyone to do it

i personally do it using my nose

the main point of his technique is deep diaphragmatic breathing

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20370
i personally do it using my nose
yeah that's what I've done but it still doesn't feel right. I'm not sure how people who do it for several years don't end up turbo retarded but I wouldn't risk it when you can do safer stuff that's just as good :feelswhere:

ok so you're basically nuking your body's ability to detect oxygen deprivation and then you're depriving yourself of oxygen for several minutes. that can't be good for you ngl. I've done it like twice, felt light headed then stopped. also you're fucking mouth breathing lmao???? now there are many people who have been doing it daily for years and they don't seem to report adverse effects and indeed moderate breath holding has many benefits but this is turbo extreme shit promoted by an old baldcel with obviously no regard for his wellbeing as seen by his attempts to endure severe conditions for muh world record and to sell his books I guess

Just breath through your balls bro 🤙🤙😹😹

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Buci and PURE ARYAN GENETICS

i can hold my breath for 1min 45 secs

i wonder if i can hold breath till i pass out, insane discipline test

i can hold my breath for 1min 45 secs
I can do 4min easy with this and I'm not even trying to hyperventilate too hard or hold it too hard, probably could do 6 though not keen on trying. my lungs are pretty big though

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
I can do 4min easy with this and I'm not even trying to hyperventilate too hard or hold it too hard, probably could do 6 though not keen on trying. my lungs are pretty big though
damn, that actually pre insane if true. ive been doing a bit of breath holding training too. idk how long i can hold if i do the wim hof method, havent done wim hof in yrs

here are two good comments on reddit and huberman's video :feelshehe:
The jury is out on what causes (or even constitutes) brain damage. I will say that having known Wim for about 12 years now, I can't say that he has a normal brain.
I've been doing the WHM for about that long and so far I think my brain is still in good shape.
this is completely inaccurate. The brain cannot detect O2 levels directly, it detects the rise on CO2 concentration. The WHM tricks the body's sensory system by artificially lowering the CO2 level during hyperventilation so you starve your brain of o2. The assumption is that short term o2 reduction is hormesis, which strengthens your brain overall. But long term o2 depletion is absolutely dangerous. It's not yet clear from the research I've seen if there are harmful effects or not. Lots of anecdotes and my personal experience say it's safe.

whats your control pause? you do butekyo?

are you athletic, calm in stressful situations, meditative throughout the day?

• +1
what? I've done it twice, but didn't keep going because I was dizzy jfl

sometimes

somewhat athletic, not shredded though

yes

I like to ldar :Comfy:
do u practice breath hold prolonging exercises?

Buteyko > Hof for breathing.

Deep breathing deprives your body of CO2. Only 30 seconds of deep/hard breathing reduces blood flow to the brain by 40%.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
  • +1
yeah but not consistently. mainly when I'm on the bus or gymcelling or can't sleep and I remember it.
noice, i assume its just simple breath hold? interesting, you do it to sleep faster also? i do reduced breathing to sleep faster, but not breath holds as that can increase stress a bit, making it harder to onset sleep

noice, i assume its just simple breath hold? interesting, you do it to sleep faster also? i do reduced breathing to sleep faster, but not breath holds as that can increase stress a bit
mostly when I have trouble breathing calm as I lay down. it happens more in the summer possibly due to the heat or humidity idk. then I do a bit of buteyko and moderate reduced breathing/breath hold, nothing extreme to stress me out.

• +1
here are two good comments on reddit and huberman's video :feelshehe:

People forget that by hyperventilating you are hyperoxygenating your tissues to a ridiculously degree even turning your blood alkaline for a short period of time. Your body can very well subsist on those oxigen reserves for 1-2mins without any problem. And you would need oxygen deprivation for more than 5 mins to cause brain damage.

Wim hof absolutely works. It’s not just about holding your breath for long but the transition from a hyperoxygenated state to and oxygen deprived state is the main reason for it’s effectiveness. It reset your adrenal gland’s functions back to zero after raising it to the roof. You will feel light headed but also extremely calm and worryless

• Hmm...
Reactions: Buci and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
  • JFL
Reactions: Africancel
not saying you're wrong but you know who else are extremely calm and worryless?

downies.
I do wim hof and the calmness it provides it unmatched. Don’t try to hold your breath for too long tho.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS