Year 12 advice

Fundz

Fundz

Silver
Listen here lads I fucked up in my AS exams and regret it now, cos when I apply for UNIS I’m capped at shitty ones, only ones worth going to if your trying to get 6fig in your 20s are (Oxford, Warrick, LSE, Cambridge) etc. personally I’m studycelling now trying to get all As next year in the real thing but even if I do I’ll have to take a gap year to get into a top uni. Works out for me tbf cos I’ll be wagecucking for surgeries in that gap year working 2 jobs, but if you don’t want surgery and want to get to uni asap then get the highest grades you can in year 12.

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine and optimisticzoomer
Sounds like you are British which means first order of business should be getting the fuck off that island tbh

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: fuxkdakikez, pentamogged9000, User28823 and 2 others
Sounds like you are British which means first order of business should be getting the fuck off that island tbh
Yeah, 100%. But that’s easier said than done tbf. My family are immigrants (Zimbabwean) and I am perplexed why they didn’t move to the USA, muh racism 😂. Uks not much better if anything. But regardless I want to move to the USA because of earning potential and I’ll have an accent halo, idk if it’ll be much of a halo though because I’m black not white, However I feel like best course of action is to at least graduate from a top uni with top grades at A level for me to even get a shot of landing a 6figure job in the USA. Any advice?

• +1
Reactions: DefinitelyNT
Yeah, 100%. But that’s easier said than done tbf. My family are immigrants (Zimbabwean) and I am perplexed why they didn’t move to the USA, muh racism 😂. Uks not much better if anything. But regardless I want to move to the USA because of earning potential and I’ll have an accent halo, idk if it’ll be much of a halo though because I’m black not white, However I feel like best course of action is to at least graduate from a top uni with top grades at A level for me to even get a shot of landing a 6figure job in the USA. Any advice?
You're right, best shot of getting to the US is obtaining a good job and leveraging that. Suggest going for a multinational employer since they can facilitate that, eg thru international secondments. Might even be worth taking a less attractive degree so long as you can get into a more prestigious uni

You're right, best shot of getting to the US is obtaining a good job and leveraging that. Suggest going for a multinational employer since they can facilitate that, eg thru international secondments. Might even be worth taking a less attractive degree so long as you can get into a more prestigious uni
Studying Maths, Business and Religious studies rn. I want a degree in finance as I heard it’s got good employability, but I’m not settling for anything that’s not prestigious. I’m not even good looking either (6 after surgery) so in order to get a good woman I’m better off going to the US and using the so called British accent halo, life’s not gnna be fun til then but at least it’s something feasibly attainable.

• +1
Reactions: DefinitelyNT
Listen here lads I fucked up in my AS exams and regret it now, cos when I apply for UNIS I’m capped at shitty ones, only ones worth going to if your trying to get 6fig in your 20s are (Oxford, Warrick, LSE, Cambridge) etc. personally I’m studycelling now trying to get all As next year in the real thing but even if I do I’ll have to take a gap year to get into a top uni. Works out for me tbf cos I’ll be wagecucking for surgeries in that gap year working 2 jobs, but if you don’t want surgery and want to get to uni asap then get the highest grades you can in year 12.
Im in the exact same position bro I fucked up y12 and now i got to take a gap year

Im in the exact same position bro I fucked up y12 and now i got to take a gap
Im in the exact same position bro I fucked up y12 and now i got to take a gap year
it’s long asf people weren’t joking when they said year 12 is the most important one, if I was good looking I’d be infinitely more annoyed rn I’m coping saying uni would’ve been shit for me rn anyway with no surgery

6 figures is cope
After surgeries money makes barely any difference unless you earn millions, as long as you're not like minimum wage

Unless you're a normie coper who cares about driving expensive cars or something which no one else cares about

• +1
Reactions: wastedspermcel, fuxkdakikez and actual9cmjawslayer
You need at least a master's before u can think of getting a job in US as a foreigner

• +1
Reactions: DharkDC and Deleted member 6128
6 figures is cope
After surgeries money makes barely any difference unless you earn millions, as long as you're not like minimum wage

Unless you're a normie coper who cares about driving expensive cars or something which no one else cares about
6 figures is not cope bro, espiecally as a software engineer who would be working remotely. Gives u more capital for money maxxing. Much easier to become a millionaire while having a 6 figure salary boosting your money maxxing schemes.

6 figures is not cope bro, espiecally as a software engineer who would be working remotely. Gives u more capital for money maxxing. Much easier to become a millionaire while having a 6 figure salary boosting your money maxxing schemes.
Yeah u won't earn that in UK though, and US is probably saturated in software engineers so unlikely to get a job offer there

the only thing keeping my sanity is that there are a lot of people going uni doing shit courses. Also when we get our A level results we can call the uni and hopefully we get a space or just do clearing

Yeah u won't earn that in UK though, and US is probably saturated in software engineers so unlikely to get a job offer there
If not investment banking idm working stupidly long hours, any 6 figure straight out of uni job will satisfy me. Obviously it’s not earnable in the uk with tax so I’m trying to fuck off.

If not investment banking idm working stupidly long hours, any 6 figure straight out of uni job will satisfy me. Obviously it’s not earnable in the uk with tax so I’m trying to fuck off.
Companies in US are only allowed to hire skilled foreign workers if they can prove they can't find any American to do the job

the only thing keeping my sanity is that there are a lot of people going uni doing shit courses. Also when we get our A level results we can call the uni and hopefully we get a space or just do clearing
Yeah totally, but if we can’t may as well take a gap year. Parents are saying just go to Nottingham Trent thinking every uni is the same 😂.

Companies in US are only allowed to hire skilled foreign workers if they can prove they can't find any American to do the job
What would you advise then for a UKcel trying to get out and get a high paying US salary.

What would you advise then for a UKcel trying to get out and get a high paying US salary.
Find a field that needs workers, or get a transfer from a company in UK to US branch. I'm the same, in UK wanting to move to US but I kinda gave up on that cos of how hard it is. And I don't really wanna do a masters, at least not planning to atm

Find a field that needs workers, or get a transfer from a company in UK to US branch. I'm the same, in UK wanting to move to US but I kinda gave up on that cos of how hard it is. And I don't really wanna do a masters, at least not planning to atm
What grades did you get at A level and what university?

What grades did you get at A level and what university?
A*A*A and not saying which uni but one of the best for my degree, I went for a science degree though which is probably more likely to get a job in US than programming, but as I said, u need a masters

If you did bad in your end of year mocks/AS, you should have another opportunity to do well in the autumn mocks, so they can give you good predicted grades for UCAS. Otherwise you will have to retake the year if you want to get into these elite unis

A*A*A and not saying which uni but one of the best for my degree, I went for a science degree though which is probably more likely to get a job in US than programming, but as I said, u need a masters
Fairplay then mate, do you reckon finance will help cos I wouldn’t mind taking that or is that oversaturated to shit too.

Also for finance, you need lots of work experience. Get internships at banks ect. Rothschild&co and J.P Morgan have good internships.

Also for finance, you need lots of work experience. Get internships at banks ect. Rothschild&co and J.P Morgan have good internships.
Appreciated mate, and how feasible is this? Let’s say you graduated with max grades and what not including triple As at A level

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Appreciated mate, and how feasible is this? Let’s say you graduated with max grades and what not including triple As at A level
It’s definitely feasible, these work experience placements are actually for year 12/13s so not too hard to get in. The year 2 uni internship are the hardest to get in and are often needed to secure a role in elite financial firms, but you have lots of time to prepare and get good grades ect so it should be fine.

• +1
Reactions: Fundz
It’s definitely feasible, these work experience placements are actually for year 12/13s so not too hard to get in. The year 2 uni internship are the hardest to get in and are often needed to secure a role in elite financial firms, but you have lots of time to prepare and get good grades ect so it should be fine.
Cheers, crazy how I’ve got clearer insight on an incel forum than school 😂

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RTLBbc, Deleted member 6128 and MaestheticMaso
Fairplay then mate, do you reckon finance will help cos I wouldn’t mind taking that or is that oversaturated to shit too.
Idk, it also depends on where in US or elsewhere you're applying for work. The highest paying areas will probably be oversaturated but also higher cost of living

Yeah totally, but if we can’t may as well take a gap year. Parents are saying just go to Nottingham Trent thinking every uni is the same 😂.
we living the same life fr they think going any uni will set you for life I need to go top 40 uni for my subject atleast

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
we living the same life fr they think going any uni will set you for life I need to go top 40 uni for my subject atleast
Ong, they don’t realise No uni is better off then anything that’s not a top uni

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and not_ovER
Was in a similar situation last year just finished year 13 doing a gap year lol

Hows it going now?

You do mock exams in the start of year 13 and just use those results to apply. Don't stress. Deadline for UCAS is January

to be honest if you "fucked up year 12" you've got to realistically look at whether you're going to get into the top-tier unis.

Very competitive places and if you get to interview, you're going against a bunch of kids who didn't fuck up their grades ever, have good extra-curriculars and are going to be strong candidates.

I'd say this as a guy who did it; you're better off getting into Russell Group if you're an A-ish student or at least Redbrick if not for undergrad, and then doing postgrad at Oxbridge/UCL, etc. Competition is less fierce, you're older and wiser, and nobody cares if you did undergrad at Bristol or Manchester if you later do MA or MSc at Cambridge.

As far as six-figures in 20s, moving out to US; you're literally having trouble getting AS levels. You need to start concentrating on the problem at hand and thinking that most of this shit will have to be a longer term project.