1:1 Is The Ideal Bench-Press:Squat Weights Ratio

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Too many guys who work out to get ripped for primarily aesthetics purposes (the 1.0 ratio ideal isn’t for powerlifting and pro weightlifting) put too much emphasis on lower body training. Although buff legs mog twig legs (obviously), putting ≈50% of total training effort into legs is overkill if what you want is to make your physique sexy.

In my looksmaxerly opinion, 1.0 is the optimal bench press weight to squat weight ratio. Sub-1 is acceptable too, but don’t let your ratio go under 80%.

Additionally, the measured ratio’s “idealness” doesn’t go down in equal rates above and below it’s peak. 90% is an okay benchpress to squat weight ratio, but 110% can indicate too-relatively-weak legs. Check the below-linked thread for more info:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: hattrick, ChristianChad, Deleted member 7098 and 5 others
how much can you bench and squat

• +1
Reactions: thecel
I get a lot better muscle connection and feeling when bench pressing on a machine instead of normal bench. Also leg press instead of squats.

• Woah
lmao i have started gym for two months and can do 100 kg squat for 5 even have the vid

mogs me to obliv. What’re your body weight and height?

you workout for like 2 months and think you are the authority on bodybuilding in the forum :lul:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HOLYFUARK, nastynas and thecel
you workout for like 2 months and think you are the authority on bodybuilding in the forum :lul:

How’s that different from the .org posters who spew surgical information and aren’t surgeons?

Doing that isn’t even bad. One does not need to be a surgeon to be knowledgeable about surgery. One does not need to be a soldier to know about war.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
How’s that different from the .org posters who spew surgical information and don’t read medical books?
because surgeries are all up to speculation and its a lot easier to put in the years learning how to bodybuild and theres a lot more research out there on bodybuilding then facial aesthetics.

So unlike giving speculative surgical advice, you should've atleast built a base of knowledge to give fitness advice cuz everyone thinks they can give good fitness advice

• +1
because surgeries are all up to speculation and its a lot easier to put in the years learning how to bodybuild and theres a lot more research out there on bodybuilding then facial aesthetics.

So unlike giving speculative surgical advice, you should've atleast built a base of knowledge to give fitness advice cuz everyone thinks they can give good fitness advice

check the edit. I got a knowledge base

absolutely shittiest thing i ever heard ngl

• Hmm...
absolutely shittiest thing i ever heard ngl

Cope. Most guys train legs too much. Leg work should make up 25% or less of total workout volume.

2703225_1642645078692.jpeg

Literally no good reason (excepting powerlifters) for a man to squat double or 1.5× the weight that he benches.

• Hmm...
Reactions: TeenAscender
Too many guys who work out to get ripped for primarily aesthetics purposes (the 1.0 ratio ideal isn’t for powerlifting and pro weightlifting) put too much emphasis on lower body training. Although buff legs mog twig legs (obviously), putting ≈50% of total training effort into legs is overkill if what you want is to make your physique sexy.

In my looksmaxerly opinion, 1.0 is the optimal bench press weight to squat weight ratio. Sub-1 is acceptable too, but don’t let your ratio go under 80%.

Additionally, the measured ratio’s “idealness” doesn’t go down in equal rates above and below it’s peak. 90% is an okay benchpress to squat weight ratio, but 110% can indicate too-relatively-weak legs. Check the below-linked thread for more info:

Hahah most retarded cope this year so far. Keep being a weak corelet

• JFL

Yeah but fitness won’t get you bitches

it will however get you respect of males aka higher status in social circle. Which is probably just as important indirectly

• Woah
it does if you roid and are tall and 4psl
Lookswise it doesn’t do shit for you. Most woman prefer a unroided physique. But I edited my comment.

being dominant and having high status is probably just as important as looks. You can be a model but if you’re friends clown on you and thus make low status you won’t slay either. Granted looks and status go hand in hand but yeah. If you’re ugly you can recoup a lot of status by being respected due to fitness

• JFL
Lookswise it doesn’t do shit for you. Most woman prefer a unroided physique. But I edited my comment.

being dominant and having high status is probably just as important as looks. You can be a model but if you’re friends clown on you and thus make low status you won’t slay either. Granted looks and status go hand in hand but yeah. If you’re ugly you can recoup a lot of status by being respected due to fitness
women not liking roided physiques is virtue signalling

+ if you roid you will get immense respect from men so that a plus in life in itself

• Woah
women not liking roided physiques is virtue signalling

+ if you roid you will get immense respect from men so that a plus in life in itself
No lol. I’ve been there. I had a very good physique. Ppl asked me if I roided a lot. Some woman liked it ofc. But most don’t care

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 14905 and thecel
No lol. I’ve been there. I had a very good physique. Ppl asked me if I roided a lot. Some woman liked it ofc. But most don’t care
are u still roiding

• +1

OP you are probably doing something wrong with the squat. Right now I can bench 80kg 4 reps and squat 110kg 4 reps. I don't even train squat much cause my biomechanics are fucked for it. The 1:1 ratio doesn't make much sense tbh

• +1
Reactions: Broski and thecel
OP you are probably doing something wrong with the squat. Right now I can bench 80kg 4 reps and squat 110kg 4 reps. I don't even train squat much cause my biomechanics are fucked for it. The 1:1 ratio doesn't make much sense tbh

1:1 ratio is the ideal that should be attained as one approaches their genetic limit. Beginners’ bench:squat weights ratios are low like 2:3 to 3:4. A male, if training for aesthetics, should work his upper body more than he works his lower, causing his bench:squat weights ratio to increase over time and approach 1:1.

lmao i have started gym for two months and can do 100 kg squat for 5 even have the vid
My all time bench 1rm is 135kg, squat is 150kg.

Now my bench 1rm is 100kg, and I don't squat (knees fucked from old age)
Hahah most retarded cope this year so far. Keep being a weak corelet
very respectable for your build

ascended to 140 lb bench and 170 lb squat

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11610
ascended to 140 lb bench and 170 lb squat
congrats unironically, people will slag you off but it's commendable.

are you going to roid when you get older or will your parents beat the shit out of you if they find out?

• +1
congrats unironically, people will slag you off but it's commendable.

are you going to roid when you get older or will your parents beat the shit out of you if they find out?

roids for the foids brah

kidding. I’ll probably stay natty and not roid, unless all steroids not only PEDs count as ’roids. I’ll transition to female. Estrogen is a steroid hormone, so taking E is technically roiding.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11610
I do 190 for 10 on bench and 190 for squat so i am the pinnacle of fitness

• Love it
what if my legs are much more powerful than my upper body naturally ?

• +1
what if my legs are much more powerful than my upper body naturally ?

Naturally, your squat should be heavier than your bench press. The 1:1 ratio is a general rule of thumb for the goal you aim to reach when you become an advanced lifter.

For example, a beginner may bench 135 and may squat 180. His ratio is 3:4. As he makes progress, his ratio approaches 1:1 at a gradual pace. When he’s intermediate, his ratio may be from 4:5 to 5:6. When he’s advanced, his ratio should be about 1:1, such as benching 405 and squatting 405. One can squat heavier by training legs more, but I think most guys don’t need to buff up their legs so big.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Constantin Denis and DivineBeing

i appreciate your slightly autistic over-anaylzed posts, bless ricecels

• WTF

• Love it
Squat includes your body weight of course so plainly a 100kg squat and a 100kg bench are not comparable, your legs are really pushing 180kg+ for that.

• Love it
I’m 17 and can bench 185 after 2 years of working out. I could squat 185 literally the first time I tried. I might just be weird but I rlly feel like squat should naturally be higher.

• +1
Updated: