2.5 Weeks Post DJS and Genio

why are you back the gym already? you will agitate your swelling

why are you back the gym already? you will agitate your swelling

He just said no powerlifting right now but I can do other stuff as long as head is elevated etc. incline bench, dips, whatever

BTW my ex spent the night and she said I snored a tad bit but zero 'gasping for air' like I used to

The doc said if someone needs braces (I don't b/c already had them as teenager) he prefers to do the surgery first then braces after. This is because your teeth can be moved more aggressively after a bimax so you can reduce the potential braces time from an avg of say 3 years to 6 months or a year!
Can u pm me the doctor please?

Looks good man. I'm thinking of something similar to fix my overbite. Would this work as an alternative to braces to bring my lower jaw forward as opposed to braces which push back my top teeth? I don't have a recessed chin or anything and my face protrudes outwards as opposed to down.

mandible looks very good, in fact you look less swollen there than me at 9 weeks. my mandible and chin got the epstein treatment lol, I need bone shaving now its too long.

I would wait at least 6 weeks for swelling to assess your upper lip result. your surgery sounds worth it for the therapeutic benefits alone , as was mine. you looked good in the before.

Post or PM pics of your Epstein/Leno chin!

Looks good man. I'm thinking of something similar to fix my overbite. Would this work as an alternative to braces to bring my lower jaw forward as opposed to braces which push back my top teeth? I don't have a recessed chin or anything and my face protrudes outwards as opposed to down.

Ya you could just leave the maxilla/upper jaw alone and bring the mandible only forward, but if you have an overbite your teeth may still be flared outwards so you might still need braces afterwards for a bit. The fact that your chin isn't recessed is good though, means you don't need a genioplasty so just need your mandible advanced. Best thing would be to get a CT scan of your face and then send it along with pics to a maxillofacial surgeon.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709
Ya you could just leave the maxilla/upper jaw alone and bring the mandible only forward, but if you have an overbite your teeth may still be flared outwards so you might still need braces afterwards for a bit. The fact that your chin isn't recessed is good though, means you don't need a genioplasty so just need your mandible advanced. Best thing would be to get a CT scan of your face and then send it along with pics to a maxillofacial surgeon.
Thanks!

BTW my ex spent the night and she said I snored a tad bit but zero 'gasping for air' like I used to
You ex? Holy shit, you already left your gf after the bimax? Madlad!

• +1
Reactions: Back Alley Boy
turns out it was swelling that subsided just now. hope your monkey lip is swelling too

Yup, this is why I debated whether or not to start a thread about my surgery just now because I knew the results aren't 100% there yet. Pagnoni also said the upper lip is the last thing to lose the swelling but I feel I am seeing progress every few days. I can eat all foods now with zero issues that I could before and my speech sounds probably around 75% normal, zero nasal interference in my voice too! I can feel it resonate in my chest much better when I speak. I should have recorded a video of myself speaking before and after to document the difference. 🤷‍♂️

• Love it
Reactions: mewcoper
looks good tbh but philtrum failo you hard

The befores was with the chin implant?
since there it looks like you dont even needed bimax

The befores was with the chin implant?
since there it looks like you dont even needed bimax

Yes, the chin implant had gotten crooked plus receded into the bone. Because of that I needed a genioplasty although that wouldn't have fixed my sleep apnea/breathing issues. I talked to a few surgeons and they said I needed to advance my lower jaw but because I already had braces I had to get my maxilla advanced as well. Plus the bimax will help with the aging process as I'm an oldcel. My sleep is a million times better after the surgery, I actually feel refreshed in the morning and don't nap constantly throughout the day!

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
my speech sounds probably around 75% normal, zero nasal interference in my voice too! I can feel it resonate in my chest much better when I speak. I should have recorded a video of myself speaking before and after to document the difference. 🤷‍♂️

can u elab a bit more on the changes here? do u get more/easier projection of ur voice?

can u elab a bit more on the changes here? do u get more/easier projection of ur voice?

Yes, projection is much better and I can tell that there is no nasally sound anymore. Before surgery I would have to actively try to speak in a way that didn't sound nasally but now it's totally natural.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, normie_joe, Need2Ascend and 3 others
Yes, the chin implant had gotten crooked plus receded into the bone. Because of that I needed a genioplasty although that wouldn't have fixed my sleep apnea/breathing issues. I talked to a few surgeons and they said I needed to advance my lower jaw but because I already had braces I had to get my maxilla advanced as well. Plus the bimax will help with the aging process as I'm an oldcel. My sleep is a million times better after the surgery, I actually feel refreshed in the morning and don't nap constantly throughout the day!
have you a before without implants?
i have a feeling i could also need a bimax since my airflow is quite bad+ i speak with nasal tone

have you a before without implants?
i have a feeling i could also need a bimax since my airflow is quite bad+ i speak with nasal tone

Have I before what? I got a sleep study done here in the US 5 years ago and they said my sleep apnea wasn't bad enough to warrant surgery or a CPAP. When I explained to them that my GF would tell me I stop breathing in my sleep the doc simply shrugged his shoulders and said the test said I'm fine like he didn't care.

You might also have a deviated septum if you speak with a nasal tone, I had that fixed in 2007 with my rhino/septoplasty and my uncle said my voice sounded a lot less nasally after. I also used to always get ear/nose/throat infections and so when they did my rhino they took out my tonsils... I went from getting those ENT infections several times a year to ZERO infections whatsoever since the surgery 13 years ago.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and lasthope
Hows the swelling and recovery going Looksmax?

• +1
Reactions: ascentium
Hows the swelling and recovery going Looksmax?

Hey bud it's gotten a lot better, my speech is back almost like 80% and I can feel my chin although the left side is still kinda numb. I still feel swelling in the paranasal area plus upper lip but I think it's getting better, I'll send you a pic a bit later.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ascentium and Deleted member 4797
I hate the results of jaw implants plus I had a chin implant before that was eating away at the bone. Dr. said due to the fact that you use your mandible to speak and eat it moves so much that implants eventually eat into the bone. I already had infraorbital rim implants 2 years ago to fix my under eye bags I don't think super pronounced zygos look all that great.

BTW my sleep has been insanely good this week, even though I'm not sleeping any more hours I feel very refreshed in the morning.
Where did you get the infraorbitals from?

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84, ascentium and Donc0ck
Nice results man. I remember you messaged me a couple months ago and we discussed the possibility of bimax. Looking really good now, and the fact you’ve eliminated your sleep apnea must feel amazing! Honestly you look insanely good for only 3 weeks post-op. I’m pretty amazed by that. How would you describe the recovery overall? Was it pretty easy? Did you stay in Italy to recover for a while?

• +1
Reactions: ascentium, Pumanator and Back Alley Boy
Honestly, besides the looks (projection, rotation and width) of the jaw, everything I am reading here about your functional gain is more proof that I want to go through with this as well. I have similar problems to you. Nasally speech a lot, congested all the time, potentially deviated septum.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797 and highT
Nice results man. I remember you messaged me a couple months ago and we discussed the possibility of bimax. Looking really good now, and the fact you’ve eliminated your sleep apnea must feel amazing! Honestly you look insanely good for only 3 weeks post-op. I’m pretty amazed by that. How would you describe the recovery overall? Was it pretty easy? Did you stay in Italy to recover for a while?

The recovery wasn't that painful per se just a pain in the ass b/c you cannot speak that well at first and it takes a while to talk normally again. Also, you have to eat liquid food for like a week and then after that you have to almost learn to eat all over again. I had sorbet running down my face constantly in Italy plus when I started eating solid food I had to like dig it out of my mouth sometimes haha. Now that is basically all over and I can eat everything I could before. I do feel pressure and swelling in my upper lip/philtrum plus in the paranasal area but it's not that bad, because that area was stretched hard for six hours during surgery the doc said that swelling there will be the worst. After your surgery you have to stay two nights in the hospital mandatory then you should stay another 4 or 5 days to make sure there are no complications. My surgery was on a Thursday and I flew out the following Wednesday.

• +1
Reactions: bimaximum, MedMaxxing, highT and 1 other person
Comrades,

Here are some updated pics, luckily I haven't lost much strength and am building back up at the gym. Doc said with the maxilla advancement I should get more upper lip show so I'm hoping after all the swelling is down I don't need to get a lip lift. I still feel swelling/pressure in the philtrum and paranasal area though but hopefully in two months most of it will be gone. Lower lip is starting to get feeling back and is coming out again, I felt after the surgery it kind of rolled into my teeth b/c I had no feeling there.

20201124 190647

20201124 193231

20201124 193758

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: looksseg, GandyIsNormie, .👽. and 6 others
Paranasal area starting to hollow out again and I think the mouth advancement fixed my nasolabial folds... the chin looks really good too I think. Just need to fix my philtrum once all the swelling is gone with a small lip lift.

20201207 201402

• +1
Damn bro, you look fucking great. Looks so healthy and balanced, + masculine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8229, ascentium and Deleted member 4797
Damn bro, you look fucking great. Looks so healthy and balanced, + masculine

Thanks! My breathing during my workouts is a million times better too so I'm not so gassed between sets... I swear I feel better mentally too so glad I did bimax too instead of just genio

• +1
Reactions: ascentium and highT
you actually dont look recessed in the befre pice, just average. im surprised u had sleep apnea. but good results tho, u got a chad jaw now.

you actually dont look recessed in the befre pice, just average. im surprised u had sleep apnea. but good results tho, u got a chad jaw now.

I need to find a pic before my first surgery rhino/chin implant when I was a birdcel... ugh my teenage pics look übermenschen as fuck Mussolini would have sent my ass to occupied Poland

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, .👽., Deleted member 4054 and 5 others
Monday it will be 2 months post surgery day... so far my speech is almost back 100% except lower lip numbness, jaw swelling has reduced, and all my strength in the gym is back. I think my philtrum is starting to look better too as the upper maxilla advancement gave me more upper lip show.

20201218 184245

20201218 184000

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: GandyIsNormie, .👽., Deleted member 7098 and 7 others
Monday it will be 2 months post surgery day... so far my speech is almost back 100% except lower lip numbness, jaw swelling has reduced, and all my strength in the gym is back. I think my philtrum is starting to look better too as the upper maxilla advancement gave me more upper lip show.

View attachment 879438

View attachment 879439
When were you able to start eating solid foods again? Looking great man. Happy for your successful journey!

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and ascentium
When were you able to start eating solid foods again? Looking great man. Happy for your successful journey!

Like a week later I was eating soft solid food... two weeks later could basically eat everything again. The only part I hated was that my speech was fucked for the first month but end result was worth it.

• +1
Reactions: ascentium and highT

View attachment 879438

View attachment 879439

Fucking hell that side profile improvement is fucking insane.

• +1
Reactions: .👽., Deleted member 4797 and highT
more proof that implants are cope used by surgeons to make quick bucks

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816 and ascentium
more proof that implants are cope used by surgeons to make quick bucks

The only implants really worth it IMO are ones for your midface/zygos as they don't wear down that much and the osteonomies for that area don't produce good enough results. Chin implant is better than no chin implant but definitely inferior to a genio... especially b/c most people that need a genio usually need some lower jaw advancement too.

• +1
Reactions: Swole bravo, Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 4797 and 1 other person

View attachment 879438

View attachment 879439

Upper lip looks fuller compared to before, and mouth width looks improved too

• +1
I hate the results of jaw implants plus I had a chin implant before that was eating away at the bone. Dr. said due to the fact that you use your mandible to speak and eat it moves so much that implants eventually eat into the bone. I already had infraorbital rim implants 2 years ago to fix my under eye bags I don't think super pronounced zygos look all that great.

BTW my sleep has been insanely good this week, even though I'm not sleeping any more hours I feel very refreshed in the morning.

was the chin implant fixed with screws? Eppley says when it is, the bone resorption is minimal but I don’t believe it.

hey bro how much did it cost?

was the chin implant fixed with screws? Eppley says when it is, the bone resorption is minimal but I don’t believe it.

Nope I don't think so... I got that done in 2007 so the technology was diff then

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and ascentium
@RealSurgerymax how common is it for (jaw-) implants to break down bone mass?

• +1
Reactions: kubo
@RealSurgerymax how common is it for (jaw-) implants to break down bone mass?

Rarely more than 2mm impression, then it stops.

Keep in mind most osteotomies have a mm or so of relapse too...

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, kubo and Deleted member 7098
Rarely more than 2mm impression, then it stops.

Keep in mind most osteotomies have a mm or so of relapse too...
but osteotomies projects the bone forward so it isn't that noticably since the impression gets balanced out

if one had to get the implant removed he would look worse than before wouldn't he? if the bone experienced said impression

Last edited:
but osteotomies projects the bone forward so it isn't that noticably since the impression gets balanced out

if one had to get the implant removed he would look worse than before wouldn't he? if the bone experienced said impression

I suppose (debateable whether it would be at all noticeable) but it could also be filled in with bone graft if this was not a replacement. And replacement is more common that outright removal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
I suppose (debateable whether it would be at all noticeable) but it could also be filled in with bone graft if this was not a replacement. And replacement is more common that outright removal.
thank you for answering my dumb question.
as always, very insightful.

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and RealSurgerymax
You didn't need this

You didn't need this

You're so smart, thanks for your valuable insight! The fact that now I can breathe way better, have no nasally voice, and have a stronger lower third are completely irrelevant.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Kingscrush7, Deleted member 2729 and 4 others
You're so smart, thanks for your valuable insight! The fact that now I can breathe way better, have no nasally voice, and have a stronger lower third are completely irrelevant.
Cool, maybe you needed it on the medical side. But not aesthetically.

Cool, maybe you needed it on the medical side. But not aesthetically.

I think everyone agrees, my lower third looks better now! Even my ex g/f commented that my jaw looks wider and stronger but still very natural.