3-beta-Androstanediol also converts to DHT

X

x30001

Kraken
muh finasteride muh dutasteride.

Just saying, 3-beta-androstendiol converts to DHT through the enzyme AKR1C2/RoDH. Testosterone -> DHT isn't the only route. Why has no one tried to inhibit AKR1C2/RoDH too?

• +1
Reactions: BigdickAverageEthnic and Deleted member 685
Doesn't testosterone convert alot more to DHT than 3 beta androstendiol?

Test converts to 3 beta androstanediol too. And so do a few other hormones I think. T converts to 3ba through 3-alpha-reductase. But a lot of shit converts to test too. I think having a large prostate is usually a sign of high levels of 3ba.
Yes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Test converts to 3 beta androstanediol too. And so do a few other hormones I think. T converts to 3ba through 3-alpha-reductase. But a lot of shit converts to test too. I think having a large prostate is usually a sign of high levels of 3ba.
Never really looked into the effects of 3 beta androstanediol tbh, but I won't inhibit my DHT now cause I"m in puberty and it's the main hormone behind masculinization and I wanna look more masculine.

Finasteride is still blocking most DHT anyways.

''Androstenediol is used to increase the body's production of testosterone; ''
Can you explain why this is?

Finasteride is still blocking most DHT anyways.
Yeah. 3ba is still a sneaky back door. You wouldn't want to have ample amounts of it. You don't anyway because it's usually only high in people with prostate issues. But people who abuse steroids can experience an enlarged prostate so maybe they couldve done with inhibiting 3AR so T doesn't convert to 3ba. Most DHT is converted from T anyways. But with duta/fin you're still not blocking all pathways because there's still the dirty backdoor of T->3ba->DHT. But typically you won't have problems with hairloss since you've reduced DHT by 95%+ for sure. You just don't want to upregulate that T->3ba->DHT pathway.
''Androstenediol is used to increase the body's production of testosterone; ''
Can you explain why this is?
Androstenediol and Androstanediol are different hormones. Androstenediol is precursor that's further back in the chain which is formed through dehydroepiandrosterone and also plays apart in creating progesterone (I think). I'd have to look this up to verify it 100%
Yeah. 3ba is still a sneaky back door. You wouldn't want to have ample amounts of it. You don't anyway because it's usually only high in people with prostate issues. But people who abuse steroids can experience an enlarged prostate so maybe they couldve done with inhibiting 3AR so T doesn't convert to 3ba. Most DHT is converted from T anyways. But with duta/fin you're still not blocking all pathways because there's still the dirty backdoor of T->3ba->DHT. But typically you won't have problems with hairloss since you've reduced DHT by 95%+ for sure. You just don't want to upregulate that T->3ba->DHT pathway.

Androstenediol and Androstanediol are different hormones. Androstenediol is precursor that's further back in the chain which is formed through dehydroepiandrosterone and also plays apart in creating progesterone (I think). I'd have to look this up to verify it 100%
Yeah so,

Cholesterol->Pregnenolone->DHEA->Androstenediol/Androstenedione->Testosterone

Cholesterol->Pregnenolone->Progesterone->5-alpha-DHP->Allopregnenolone->Androsterone->Androstanediol->DHT

Last edited:
DHT is only bad if you have bad genetics.

• +1
Reactions: x30001