A brief informative guide of MK-677 and the potential for intermittent fasting to resemble it.

toji.

toji.

Iron
A brief informative guide of MK-677 and the potential for intermittent fasting to resemble it.
By: @toji.
Table of Contents
  1. Introduction​
  2. What is Ibutamoren and what does it do in the body?​
  3. Shorts Clarifications about Ibutamoren​
  4. A possible natural alternative of MK-677 (theory)​
  5. References​

Introduction

The use of MK-677 seems to be commonplace among the users of this forum. Often, those who use it are subjected to criticism, ridicule and contempt. And although it is a common resource on this forum, the reasons behind the use and disdain for others are rarely explained. This lack of answers led me to investigate more about this substance, which some consider miraculous while others dismiss it as absurd.

Accordingly, I intend to provide a concise informative guide to MK-677, with the aim of answering the questions that I myself raised and which remained unanswered. In doing so, I intend to provide help and resolve uncertainties both to those intrigued by its consumption and to those who are unaware of its nature and the effects it engenders in the organism. In addition, this guide may propose a natural alternative to obtain benefits similar to those offered by MK-677.

This guide may prove beneficial to anyone interested in improving their physical well-being, as it imparts knowledge and, through deductive reasoning, outlines a roadmap not only for the use of MK-677, but also for those who deem its consumption unnecessary, offering alternative avenues that could produce comparable benefits.​

What is Ibutamoren and what does it do in the body?

Ibutamoren is a drug used as an appetite stimulant and acts as an agonist of ghrelin. Ibutamoren works on growth hormone secretagogue receptors, thus not directly on growth hormone receptors. By targeting secretagogue receptors, it impacts ghrelin secretion. Ghrelin, responsible for appetite regulation, tends to increase during hunger periods, indicating higher ghrelin levels correlate with increased appetite. As a result, Ibutamoren directly modulates ghrelin activities, stimulating its production and causing higher circulating ghrelin levels during fasting and hunger compared to pre-MK-677 consumption.

Figure 1

Illustrative image of the relationship between the stomach and ghrelin.
Gut hormones ghrelin 1

Note. By SelfDecode Science Team, December 15, 2022

In response to potential misunderstanding about Ibutamoren's "supplementary category," it's not a SARM because it lacks selective modulation of androgen receptors. Unlike SARMs, it doesn't act as an "estrogen effect blocker" because MK-677 targets secretagogue receptors, not androgen receptors.

It's important to understand ghrelin's complexity when discussing Ibutamoren. Many researchers emphasize learning about ghrelin before delving into MK-677. Ghrelin, when bound to secretagogue receptors, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland, triggers various effects beyond appetite regulation.​
  • The Journey of Ibutamoren in the body
After consuming MK-677, there will be an increase in the hormonal density of ghrelin, which will go to the pituitary gland, increasing the production of growth hormone, as it is directly responsible for it and will be released by stimulation of the hypothalamus. From this process, the growth hormone-releasing hormone or Somatomedins (GHRH) will be released, stimulating the secretion of hormones in the liver, which when released generate hormones such as somatomedins. These hormones promote growth in many body structures, according to Sigalos and Pastuszak in 'The Safety and Efficacy of Growth Hormone Secretagogues’:

"Somatomedins not only increase height in young people, but also increase hair, skin cell regeneration capacity, blood vessels, etc. Additionally, they help in energy for performance in workouts, in joints and also in gaining muscle but, it does not help to increase the weight you can lift in the gym." On the other hand, ghrelin also promotes REM sleep and the slow-wave phase of non-REM sleep. Although not all people experience this effect. It is common for athletes to consume MK-677 before bedtime.”

The thyroid gland will increase in size because it has growth hormone receptors. After causing an increase in secretion of said hormone, it will enlarge to try to capture that excess. Therefore, if you suffer from hyperthyroidism or thyroid cancer, you should not consume MK-677, as you may increase the frequency of the following effects: Graves' disease, non-cancerous tumors of the thyroid gland or pituitary gland, some tumors of the testicles or ovaries (rare), anxiety, difficulty concentrating, fatigue, frequent bowel movements, goiter (visibly enlarged thyroid gland) or thyroid nodules, hair loss, trembling hands, heat intolerance, increased appetite, increased sweating, irregular menstruation in women, changes in nails (thickening or detachment), nervousness, very strong heartbeats or very rapid heart rate (palpitations), restlessness, sleep problems, weight loss (or weight gain, in some cases).

Shorts Clarifications about Ibutamoren
  • Ibutamoren is ineffective for increasing muscle mass or anabolism. It may be useful, but does not approach the effectiveness of anabolic steroids.​
  • It's a viable option if struggling to meet caloric goals during a bulking phase.​
  • Ibutamoren doesn't directly increase height but may promote growth hormone secretion in young individuals before peak testosterone levels.​
  • It can increase bone density, aid in the recovery of tendon, bone and joint injuries and, potentially in excess, can cause abnormal growth in hands, feet or face in adults.​
  • Although it helps the joints by retaining fluids, it does not induce significant fat gain. This is useful for improving flexibility and mobility.​
  • Not a growth hormone itself, Ibutamoren stimulates hormone production through ghrelin agonism.​
  • It facilitates fat loss but requires proper calorie management.​
  • Ibutamoren supports sleep but should be avoided during periods of anxiety.​
  • Unsuitable for weight loss purposes.​
  • Recommended dosages range from 95 mg to 50 mg.​
  • To stimulate appetite, take it in the morning; for hunger suppression and regeneration benefits during REM sleep, take it at night.​
In summary, MK-677 may be more effective for young individuals without autoimmune diseases. On the other hand, individuals over 20 years of age seeking height growth will not achieve the desired results.​

A possible natural alternative of MK-677 (theory)

With the information provided, it appears that the primary benefits of Ibutamoren stem from its interaction with ghrelin, suggesting that an increase in ghrelin levels, possibly induced by fasting, could yield similar effects. While this argument may rely on deductive reasoning and could be subject to scrutiny, there's a possibility that fasting-induced elevation of ghrelin levels might mirror the effects of MK-677. However, it's unclear whether this would entail negative consequences.

Since heightened ghrelin levels facilitate the release of growth hormones in the pituitary gland, fasting might indeed promote the proliferation of growth hormones. However, it's crucial not to prolong fasting excessively, as it could potentially lead to adverse outcomes. Dr. De la Rosa recommends intermittent fasting as a precautionary measure against catabolism. Therefore, it's inferred that the proliferation of ghrelin and growth hormones is more effective during intermittent fasting, minimizing the risk of catabolism, which involves the breakdown rather than the generation of cells.​
  • So, what can we do to get the benefit?
Perform intermittent fasting, add meats to the diet, consume low glycemic vegetables, consume substances throughout the day that help maintain high energy levels but not high in glucose, such as omega 3, nuts, calorie-free liquids, basically foods that help with intermittent fasting.​

Figure 2

An example of a diet for managing intermittent fasting

16 8 if pdf
Note. By Louise Rula and Josie Porter, Fabruary 15, 2024

While I can't delve into intermittent fasting due to space constraints, it's a promising avenue to explore for ghrelin-related benefits, warranting future posts considerations. I hope this text helps clarify any uncertainties regarding MK-677. Thank you for reading.

References

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: NilsTheChad, tempelcat4, sn00p110 and 1 other person
retarded GrAY, why do you think HGH is being released when you are starving and actively eating your own fucking muscles and fat?

• +1
Reactions: Pandora
Garbage thread

this thread was made with chatgpt

this theory was debunked in 2018

retarded GrAY, why do you think HGH is being released when you are starving and actively eating your own fucking muscles and fat?
Firstly, I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, as I believe I have already addressed that point in the post. I do not take any stance regarding the consumption of MK-677; this post is purely informative, as indicated by its title. I would appreciate it if, before commenting, you could take the time to genuinely engage with the content provided.

In response to your question, increased ghrelin stimulates growth hormone secretion. As for the concern about "your body eating its own muscle and fat," I discuss strategies for avoiding catabolism in the post.

I hope you will consider commenting after carefully reading and understanding the information presented.

this thread was made with chatgpt

this theory was debunked in 2018
You are mistaken; this post is composed of information, with the same information provided in the references section.

All the information concerning MK-677 has been described and summarized from those articles. As for "the natural measures to achieve similar results," as indicated in the title, it is presented as a theory. I acknowledge that it highlights its theoretical nature and is not verifiable or proven.

The post consists of 70% information about MK-677, detailing its effects on the body, while the remainder discusses the aforementioned theory. Therefore, it would be oversimplified to dismiss the rest of the content merely because "it is proven that perhaps intermittent fasting does not fulfill the stated function."

Regardless, what I present is valuable information, and I would appreciate it being recognized as such.

I will not answer any more "questions".

You are mistaken; this post is composed of information, with the same information provided in the references section.

All the information concerning MK-677 has been described and summarized from those articles. As for "the natural measures to achieve similar results," as indicated in the title, it is presented as a theory. I acknowledge that it highlights its theoretical nature and is not verifiable or proven.

The post consists of 70% information about MK-677, detailing its effects on the body, while the remainder discusses the aforementioned theory. Therefore, it would be oversimplified to dismiss the rest of the content merely because "it is proven that perhaps intermittent fasting does not fulfill the stated function."

Regardless, what I present is valuable information, and I would appreciate it being recognized as such.

I will not answer any more "questions".
you are mistaken; your post is bad

all the information concerning MK-677 indicates you should kill yourself

By: @toji.
Table of Contents
  1. Introduction​
  2. What is Ibutamoren and what does it do in the body?​
  3. Shorts Clarifications about Ibutamoren​
  4. A possible natural alternative of MK-677 (theory)​
  5. References​

Introduction

The use of MK-677 seems to be commonplace among the users of this forum. Often, those who use it are subjected to criticism, ridicule and contempt. And although it is a common resource on this forum, the reasons behind the use and disdain for others are rarely explained. This lack of answers led me to investigate more about this substance, which some consider miraculous while others dismiss it as absurd.

Accordingly, I intend to provide a concise informative guide to MK-677, with the aim of answering the questions that I myself raised and which remained unanswered. In doing so, I intend to provide help and resolve uncertainties both to those intrigued by its consumption and to those who are unaware of its nature and the effects it engenders in the organism. In addition, this guide may propose a natural alternative to obtain benefits similar to those offered by MK-677.

This guide may prove beneficial to anyone interested in improving their physical well-being, as it imparts knowledge and, through deductive reasoning, outlines a roadmap not only for the use of MK-677, but also for those who deem its consumption unnecessary, offering alternative avenues that could produce comparable benefits.​

What is Ibutamoren and what does it do in the body?

Ibutamoren is a drug used as an appetite stimulant and acts as an agonist of ghrelin. Ibutamoren works on growth hormone secretagogue receptors, thus not directly on growth hormone receptors. By targeting secretagogue receptors, it impacts ghrelin secretion. Ghrelin, responsible for appetite regulation, tends to increase during hunger periods, indicating higher ghrelin levels correlate with increased appetite. As a result, Ibutamoren directly modulates ghrelin activities, stimulating its production and causing higher circulating ghrelin levels during fasting and hunger compared to pre-MK-677 consumption.

Figure 1

Illustrative image of the relationship between the stomach and ghrelin.
Note. By SelfDecode Science Team, December 15, 2022

In response to potential misunderstanding about Ibutamoren's "supplementary category," it's not a SARM because it lacks selective modulation of androgen receptors. Unlike SARMs, it doesn't act as an "estrogen effect blocker" because MK-677 targets secretagogue receptors, not androgen receptors.

It's important to understand ghrelin's complexity when discussing Ibutamoren. Many researchers emphasize learning about ghrelin before delving into MK-677. Ghrelin, when bound to secretagogue receptors, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland, triggers various effects beyond appetite regulation.​
  • The Journey of Ibutamoren in the body
After consuming MK-677, there will be an increase in the hormonal density of ghrelin, which will go to the pituitary gland, increasing the production of growth hormone, as it is directly responsible for it and will be released by stimulation of the hypothalamus. From this process, the growth hormone-releasing hormone or Somatomedins (GHRH) will be released, stimulating the secretion of hormones in the liver, which when released generate hormones such as somatomedins. These hormones promote growth in many body structures, according to Sigalos and Pastuszak in 'The Safety and Efficacy of Growth Hormone Secretagogues’:

The thyroid gland will increase in size because it has growth hormone receptors. After causing an increase in secretion of said hormone, it will enlarge to try to capture that excess. Therefore, if you suffer from hyperthyroidism or thyroid cancer, you should not consume MK-677, as you may increase the frequency of the following effects: Graves' disease, non-cancerous tumors of the thyroid gland or pituitary gland, some tumors of the testicles or ovaries (rare), anxiety, difficulty concentrating, fatigue, frequent bowel movements, goiter (visibly enlarged thyroid gland) or thyroid nodules, hair loss, trembling hands, heat intolerance, increased appetite, increased sweating, irregular menstruation in women, changes in nails (thickening or detachment), nervousness, very strong heartbeats or very rapid heart rate (palpitations), restlessness, sleep problems, weight loss (or weight gain, in some cases).

Shorts Clarifications about Ibutamoren
  • Ibutamoren is ineffective for increasing muscle mass or anabolism. It may be useful, but does not approach the effectiveness of anabolic steroids.​
  • It's a viable option if struggling to meet caloric goals during a bulking phase.​
  • Ibutamoren doesn't directly increase height but may promote growth hormone secretion in young individuals before peak testosterone levels.​
  • It can increase bone density, aid in the recovery of tendon, bone and joint injuries and, potentially in excess, can cause abnormal growth in hands, feet or face in adults.​
  • Although it helps the joints by retaining fluids, it does not induce significant fat gain. This is useful for improving flexibility and mobility.​
  • Not a growth hormone itself, Ibutamoren stimulates hormone production through ghrelin agonism.​
  • It facilitates fat loss but requires proper calorie management.​
  • Ibutamoren supports sleep but should be avoided during periods of anxiety.​
  • Unsuitable for weight loss purposes.​
  • Recommended dosages range from 95 mg to 50 mg.​
  • To stimulate appetite, take it in the morning; for hunger suppression and regeneration benefits during REM sleep, take it at night.​
In summary, MK-677 may be more effective for young individuals without autoimmune diseases. On the other hand, individuals over 20 years of age seeking height growth will not achieve the desired results.​

A possible natural alternative of MK-677 (theory)

With the information provided, it appears that the primary benefits of Ibutamoren stem from its interaction with ghrelin, suggesting that an increase in ghrelin levels, possibly induced by fasting, could yield similar effects. While this argument may rely on deductive reasoning and could be subject to scrutiny, there's a possibility that fasting-induced elevation of ghrelin levels might mirror the effects of MK-677. However, it's unclear whether this would entail negative consequences.

Since heightened ghrelin levels facilitate the release of growth hormones in the pituitary gland, fasting might indeed promote the proliferation of growth hormones. However, it's crucial not to prolong fasting excessively, as it could potentially lead to adverse outcomes. Dr. De la Rosa recommends intermittent fasting as a precautionary measure against catabolism. Therefore, it's inferred that the proliferation of ghrelin and growth hormones is more effective during intermittent fasting, minimizing the risk of catabolism, which involves the breakdown rather than the generation of cells.​
  • So, what can we do to get the benefit?
Perform intermittent fasting, add meats to the diet, consume low glycemic vegetables, consume substances throughout the day that help maintain high energy levels but not high in glucose, such as omega 3, nuts, calorie-free liquids, basically foods that help with intermittent fasting.​

Figure 2

An example of a diet for managing intermittent fasting

Note. By Louise Rula and Josie Porter, Fabruary 15, 2024

While I can't delve into intermittent fasting due to space constraints, it's a promising avenue to explore for ghrelin-related benefits, warranting future posts considerations. I hope this text helps clarify any uncertainties regarding MK-677. Thank you for reading.

References
mk677 in vivo would increase hgh and igf1, but would be nowhere near as effective as hgh + ai.
however, fasting doesnt mimic mk677. this is because mk677 increases igf1 while intermittent fasting reducing igf1. there is more to it than "muh mk677 increases ghrelin and so does intermittent fasting!!".

Firstly, I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, as I believe I have already addressed that point in the post. I do not take any stance regarding the consumption of MK-677; this post is purely informative, as indicated by its title. I would appreciate it if, before commenting, you could take the time to genuinely engage with the content provided.

In response to your question, increased ghrelin stimulates growth hormone secretion. As for the concern about "your body eating its own muscle and fat," I discuss strategies for avoiding catabolism in the post.

I hope you will consider commenting after carefully reading and understanding the information presented.
jfl at this grey thinking hes smart by using grammar and punctuation.