A Guide to Phenotypes

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
"Pheno" comes from "phenotype", which is a biological term.
Phenotype is the term used in genetics for the composite observable characteristics or traits of an organism. The term covers the organism's morphology or physical form and structure, its developmental processes, its biochemical and physiological properties, its behavior, and the products of behavior.
The term is used in a loose way in PSL and seems to describe a set of interrelated concepts. I've detected these as
1. A kind of sub-racial class. This idea of human phenotype is based on anthropological work done in the 20th century which has long since fallen out of fashion (guess why). If someone says "Nordic" or "North Atlantid" this is usually the kind of idea they're referring to, if even imperfectly.
2. A kind of sub-racial class, plus coloration. So even more specific.
3. The kind of "vibe" you give off, what kind of image you present physically to the world. People refer to this when they say things like "school shooter pheno" or "bathroom selfie pheno". This takes into account #1 above but not always #2. The implication is that if a perfectly NT person (very well socially adjusted to the collective mindset) were to see you, they would immediately categorize you as "x" based on how you look.
Let's start by talking about some popular phenotypes thrown around in PSL. Here I'm going to show the real examples of these phenotypes for reference.

Nordic

Note the light coloration. This is literally as white as you can get. A few subtypes below:

The Hallstatt type is usually seen as the most typical modern variety.

This phenotype is concentrated in Sweden and Norway but some of them apparently can even be found in as far away as Greece. Note the variation from the base phenotype in the narrower face.

Tronder

This is the Viking pheno. A heavier version of the base phenotype offered.

Let's move on to the "king" of PSL phenos.

North Atlantid

Brown, sometimes black or reddish hair with light, often blue eyes. Prominent, hyperleptorrhine, long-tipped nose that may be convex or concave. Forehead is narrow and sloping, mandible small, malars compressed.
Most people on PSL are more attached to the coloration than the "hard" physical attributes - blue eyes plus pale skin and dark hair is the most high-contrast possible coloration while still being unmistakably white, therefore it is superior.
This phenotype is mostly found in "Ireland and parts of Britain", and is consider a "combination of Nordid and Mediterranean traits". There are no sub-types of this, as it itself is already considered a sub-type.

Mediterranid

The pheno every Indian wishes they were. As per definition, this phenotype is concentrated all around the Mediterranean Sea. This gives some insight as to why it is something of a border case between ethnics and whites - Southern European nations as well as North African and some Middle Eastern nations all touch the Mediterranean. This one is most useful to break down into subtypes.

Eurafricanid

This is also called the "Atlantid Mediterranid". Most common in North Africa and Southern Europe.

Gracile Mediterranid

This phenotype is most common in Southern European nations (Italy, Spain, France) and is much less common elsewhere. Therefore, it can probably be considered the most representative phenotype of the "Med" term used in PSL, since its the most European.
Oval, narrow face with refined and gracile features. Straight, hyperleptorrhine, not very long nose. Mildly rounded forehead.

Trans Mediterranid

The variety of Med that is North African pretty much. Found in Morocco, Egypt, Algeria, etc.
Dolicho- mesocephalic, mildly hypsicranic with an oval, often long face, big eyes and a straight, (hyper-)leptorrhine, high-bridged nose.

Now to cover some phenotypes belonging to other important racial classes.

Indid

This is the classic Indian phenotype.
Generally dark haired with light to medium brown skin and long-headed. Forehead high, relatively narrow, straight nose, often gracile facial features with a modeled chin.
The skin color is very distinctive in Indian types and kind of has this "warmth" to it, probably linked with the undertones. Notice the difference in eyes, nose, and even brow-ridge when compared with the Med phenotypes. We're getting farther away from European traits. This is purposeful, this guide began with the "most white" phenotype and is generally working its way outward.

Indo Melanid

Probably one of the lowest value phenos out there in SMV terms, if not the absolute lowest. The biggest detractor here is the dark skin color paired with non-African features.
Features appear overall Caucasian, the hair is wavy, the root of the triangular nose relatively high and wider than in Indids, lips not very thick. However, the skin is very dark brown, often even darker than in Veddids.

Veddid

Similar to the above, basically their skin is not quite as dark but their features are much less Caucasian. Note the African-ish nose.

Now for fun, some rice phenotypes.

Sinid

This is probably the most dominant phenotype in the human race in terms of sheer numbers.
The dominant group of East Asia and the most numerous in the world.
Body often slender, limbs short, skull medium long, rather high, face relatively long and flat, Mongolian fold common, nose not very wide, skin light yellowish-brown, hair straight and black, body hair scarce.

If you were to grab a random human living today out of a magic hat, chances are you grabbed a Sinid more than any other type.

South Mongolid

This is the "jungle asian" pheno. Notice the marked difference in skin color.

There are other subtypes besides. If you want to explore for yourself, this site is where these are all sourced and is a good place for more info:

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: KurdishFucker, Father47, Kazuya and 108 others
good thread

• +1
Reactions: jdz6777, 4bhii, thecel and 2 others
FAELID MOGS

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Narcissusmaxxing, Deleted member 13824, Deleted member 399 and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Narcissusmaxxing, Spiegel, Npcdoomer and 4 others
Good thread, try ranking them by SMV too

• +1
Reactions: HentaiConnoisseur, AutismMaxing and LordNorwood
Atlantid
Atlantid phenotype man face

Atlanto-Mediterranid
Europid phenotypes

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Chadeep, Deleted member 3162, mido the slayer and 2 others
FAELID MOGS
OP didn't include Dalo Faelids. They are the highest tier of whites. Complete Chads!

Anglo Saxons are also good.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zoomertrader, Kristin, Lord Phobium and 10 others
No African pheno 😔😔😔

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: greywind, Lmao, zoomertrader and 11 others
No African pheno 😔😔😔
I didn't include it because most black phenos today are mixed phenos to some degree. The phenotypes recognized officially are "classic" phenotypes from before globalization. So only legitimate African phenos were available, which aren't very helpful to discuss.
I might make an updated thread where I cover phenos like mulatto, American black, Latino, etc. Would just take more effort.

• +1
Reactions: kingpiin, Lmao, Deleted member 14984 and 8 others
beaner pheno

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: pppokerface, Chadeep, Slob and 2 others
I didn't include it because most black phenos today are mixed phenos to some degree. The phenotypes recognized officially are "classic" phenotypes from before globalization. So only legitimate African phenos were available, which aren't very helpful to discuss.
I might make an updated thread where I cover phenos like mulatto, American black, Latino, etc. Would just take more effort.
Mirin

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, thecel and LordNorwood
Which one would Chico be?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Blackout.xl and LordNorwood
The official phenotypes are "pre-colonial" which means they illustrate how the populations generally were before widespread interbreeding. So no one today really will fit into any one phenotype category cleanly. That said,of those described above Chico's facial structure most closely resembles a North Atlantid.

However obviously he's missing the blue eyes.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: MonoTBB, Lmao, Entschuldigung and 10 others
He's a euromutt but I'd say Atlantid
People used to discuss phenotypes on theapricity.com but apparently the site is no more, sad tbh.
You just had to type "classify [person name]" on google and it would give you a thread from this website.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chadeep, thecel, LordNorwood and 1 other person
The official phenotypes are "pre-colonial" which means they illustrate how the populations generally were before widespread interbreeding. So no one today really will fit into any one phenotype category cleanly. That said,of those described above Chico's facial structure most closely resembles a North Atlantid.
View attachment 366926View attachment 366931
However obviously he's missing the blue eyes.
Chico looks Eastern European. His last name is Polish as well

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, Vasco-v2, Deleted member 5746 and 6 others
His great grandparents were poles I think
Yeah, he def isn’t north atlantid. Complexion is too dark and his eyes are too small. Most north atlantids like Gandy, O’Pry, Delon, and Cavill have large blue eyes

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Slob, PjSon and 3 others
Yeah, he def isn’t north atlantid. Complexion is too dark and his eyes are too small. Most north atlantids like Gandy, O’Pry, Delon, and Cavill have large blue eyes
He isn't North Atlantid, but out of the offered phenotypes in the OP, that's his closest physical resemblance.
Your national background is only a partial clue to your phenotype though, because of how widespread all the races have become due to globalizaiton, especially many European races. The Nordic phenotypes for example can be found in Northern Europe and also in Greece, because the Vikings got around jfl. So your history being EE doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a traditional EE phenotype, although its obviously much more likely.
Also again the old phenotypes no longer really fit. We'd have to draft up new phenotypes to describe today's populations and even then many people will be phenos unto themselves.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 1973 and 5 others

This.

Whatever phenotype most Poles and Czechs belong to, is most likely what he is, but also mixed with some Amerindian. Chico couldn't pass for Belgian, Northern French, Dutch, German, or even Swiss. Which are countries that traditionally have North Atlantid phenos.

• +1
Reactions: Aesthetic and LordNorwood
Were tf is negro and Latino phenos tf

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bugeye, Chadeep, Slayerino and 1 other person
I look like a proto-iranid but shorter and wider facial structure and a slimmer nosebridge. Not as defined but my bf is a bit high.
protoiranidm.jpg

Latino is largely a mix of Iberian/native South American/African genes. It is not really a proper pheno as it is a product of colonialism.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zoomertrader, Lord Phobium, Deathrasher42 and 5 others
Lmfao. Indo Melanid=genetic trash

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: zoomertrader, CursedOne, Chadeep and 2 others
The "Latino" phenotype for example doesn't even exist in this classification set, since its a mix of European and American Indian, which didn't exist in pre colonial times.
I look like a proto-iranid but shorter and wider facial structure and a slimmer nosebridge. Not as defined but my bf is a bit high.
protoiranidm.jpg

Latino is largely a mix of Iberian/native South American/African genes. It is not really a proper pheno as it is a product of colonialism.
Proto Iranid is a mogger pheno ngl

• +1
Reactions: Der Doktor, Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 5349 and 1 other person

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: uglygoyim, Deleted member 3162, Deleted member 2227 and 4 others
Med or rope in 2020 tbh
Med gang med gang med gang
Just bought some blockchain
Med gang med gang med gang
* excellent thread btw

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Jamal2222, Chadeep, Got the hunter eyes and 3 others
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
The official phenotypes are "pre-colonial" which means they illustrate how the populations generally were before widespread interbreeding.
This explains why I can never figure out my pheno further than nordid

• +1
Literally left out the vast majority of phenotypes.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: kingpiin and LordNorwood
Literally left out the vast majority of phenotypes.
An exhuastive guide would be enormous, there are i believe hundreds of technical subtypes. I decided to hit on the ones most relevant to the site.

• +1
Reactions: Moggy
MED
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Der Doktor, Rasputin, Deleted member 5746 and 8 others
An exhuastive guide would be enormous, there are i believe hundreds of technical subtypes. I decided to hit on the ones most relevant to the site.
North Indid and Indo Nordic are pretty popular on this forum.

iu

• +1
Reactions: Lmao and LordNorwood
North Indid and Indo Nordic are pretty popular on this forum.

iu
In a more thorough guide I would have covered the MENA ones in greater detail tbh.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Deleted member 2486 and Moggy
literally dont fit in any of them

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: copeistani and LordNorwood
Where are East Europe? Baltic?

• +1
Where are East Europe? Baltic?
Again, I kept it to what I felt was most relevant to the site's conversation. Nordic, North Atlantic, and Med are constantly mentioned. Then of course there's a large curry demographic. Finally Asian ones becuase I felt like it.

7 of them can be considered humans

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth, CursedOne, KDA Player and 2 others

good list, subnordid is missing though

• +1
Reactions: gamma, Chadeep, SubhumanCurrycel and 2 others
euroafricanid mogs

• +1
Reactions: zoomertrader, Chadeep and LordNorwood
Chico looks Eastern European. His last name is Polish as well
Dont fool yourself, he has some polish features but there are 0 poles that look like him.

Chico is a mix of German, Polish and Portuguese. Basically a mix of Med and nordid pheno with slight slavic toutches

• +1
Reactions: zoomertrader, Chadeep and LordNorwood
Water is wet.
Just kidding op, great read.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and LordNorwood
Im a mix of Nordic and North atlantic

• +1
i'm a mix of faelid and potatid (gorid)

• Woah