Accutane For Dummies

bub

bub

Iron
:blackpill:My experience taking Accutane, and what I've learned from it.:blackpill:

Accutane itself has been a game changer when it comes to skin texture, pigmentation, and acne. However it is not to say that Accutane should be taken by everyone, as it is a highly potent concentration of Vitamin A, and it can be severely detrimental to the user if precautions aren't taken, and used improperly. In this guide I will address the pros and cons of taking it, how to reduce side effects, and other bullshit.

πŸ’ŠWhat is Accutane? What can it do for me?πŸ’Š
Introduction
Isotretinoin, also known as Accutane, is an acne prescription medication that is typically used to treat severe acne, or acne that has not responded to other treatments (ex. Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Adapalene, etc). Accutane is usually taken anywhere from 5-8 months, and depending on the duration and dosage of the treatment, is usually how many side effects a person can experience, and the severity of them.

How does Accutane work?
Accutane works by shrinking the oil glands on your skin (including your scalp). The shrinking of the oil glands suppresses the production of sebum which reduces the acne inflammation and eventually terminates it.

What are the side effects?
-Decreased levels of Growth Hormone and Testosterone levels in those taking them.➑️ Source ⬅️
-Dryness (Chapped Lips, Dry Skin, Dandruff, etc).➑️ Source ⬅️
-Temporary hair-loss, also known as Tellogen Effluvium, was reported in 3.2%-5.7% of patients taking Accutane (Dosage Dependent).➑️ Source ⬅️
-Musculoskeletal Effects, such as joint pain.➑️ Source ⬅️
-High Cholesterol, elevated Lipid levels, and worsened liver function. (Temporary, however get blood work done monthly).➑️ Source ⬅️

THERE ARE MANY MORE SIDE EFFECTS, IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT IT VARIES FROM PERSON TO PERSON, AND DOSAGE PLAYS A KEY ROLE.
❗MAKE SURE TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH❗

How to diminish side effects?
-Reduce sunlight exposure.
-Stay hydrated.
-Use fragrance-free moisturizers.
-No chemical peels / exfoliants.
-Avoid hot water.
-Don't take Vitamin Supplements (Your liver will thank you for it).
-Wash hair less frequently.
-SPF 50+ everyday.
-Pray to God that you don't get any harsh side effects.:feelswhy: (Cope) :feelswhy:

Do I regret taking it? What advice can I give everybody?
It made my skin perfect. I struggled with hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and (obviously) acne inflammation. However, I experienced dryness, joint pain, high cholesterol levels (seeing the blood work results every month made me want to rope), hair thinning (still hasn't recovered), and now I don't produce any oil so it's crucial I moisturize.

I don't recommend taking it if you have mild but persistent acne, I would just thug it out it's not worth the effects. However if you have really bad acne then you definitely should. This short guide took me 2-3 hours of research so if you have any more questions about it I can try my best to answer with whatever knowledge I have.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
πŸ“’Works CitedπŸ“’

Barbieri, John S. β€œIsotretinoin for Treatment of Acne.” JAMA Dermatology (Chicago, Ill.), 2023, https://doi.org/10.1001/jamadermatol.2023.2065.

Tan, Jerry, et al. β€œOral Isotretinoin.” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 34, no. 2, 2016, pp. 175–84, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.det.2015.11.002.

Yuliya Lytvyn, PhD, et al. β€œComparing the Frequency of Isotretinoin-Induced Hair Loss at 0.5-Mg/kg/d Versus β‰₯0.5-Mg/kg/d Dosing in Acne Patients: A Systematic reviewCapsule Summary.” JAAD International, vol. 6, 2022, pp. 125–42.

β€œCholesterol and Liver Screening Now Even More Important to Accutane Patients.” Health & Medicine Week, NewsRX LLC, 2006, p. 240–.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ropemaks, π”»π”Έπ•Žβ„• 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L, Deleted member 47332 and 13 others
Did Read.

• +1
Reactions: greywind and PseudoMaxxer
dnr but like my comment guys (●'β—‘'●)

• +1
Reactions: ineonx, spdxer and bub
accutane is a jewish product

real men go in the sun and eat carnivore

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toby Aesthetics, Kristin, barnmatrix and 4 others
Hmm i still have mild acne (sometimes) been on tretinoin for month and a half, if the situation stays the same im hopping on accutane

Read everything, Crazy how graycels put more effort of OGs nowadays.

OGs just shit post.

JFL at the state of this forum

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mog_me, π”»π”Έπ•Žβ„• 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L, ineonx and 2 others
Hmm i still have mild acne (sometimes) been on tretinoin for month and a half, if the situation stays the same im hopping on accutane
try tazarotene first nigga

Apparently a side effect is smaller nose
I don't need it and it'll prolly ruin me but I gotta do everything to stop getting called gargamel

• +1
Reactions: coispet
I don't need it and it'll prolly ruin me but I gotta do everything to stop getting called gargamel
only if u have these mini blackheads on your nose tho

only if u have these mini blackheads on your nose tho
I do and like a big one in the middle,Idk what to do to remove em permanently

• JFL
Reactions: Tai Lung
Accutane used to make my dick dry, it was a big pain to pee. I remember this one time I was at school last year and since my dick was so dry it literally started peeing everywhere and I got it all over my pants and shit jfl. Had to take an uber right after and pray to god no one noticed me leaving, thankfully no one did

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: arterials, Outlier, SonOfDarkseid and 1 other person
:blackpill:My experience taking Accutane, and what I've learned from it.:blackpill:

Accutane itself has been a game changer when it comes to skin texture, pigmentation, and acne. However it is not to say that Accutane should be taken by everyone, as it is a highly potent concentration of Vitamin A, and it can be severely detrimental to the user if precautions aren't taken, and used improperly. In this guide I will address the pros and cons of taking it, how to reduce side effects, and other bullshit.

Introduction
Isotretinoin, also known as Accutane, is an acne prescription medication that is typically used to treat severe acne, or acne that has not responded to other treatments (ex. Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Adapalene, etc). Accutane is usually taken anywhere from 5-8 months, and depending on the duration and dosage of the treatment, is usually how many side effects a person can experience, and the severity of them.

How does Accutane work?
Accutane works by shrinking the oil glands on your skin (including your scalp). The shrinking of the oil glands suppresses the production of sebum which reduces the acne inflammation and eventually terminates it.

-Decreased levels of Growth Hormone and Testosterone levels in those taking them.➑️ Source ⬅️
-Temporary hair-loss, also known as Tellogen Effluvium, was reported in 3.2%-5.7% of patients taking Accutane (Dosage Dependent).➑️ Source ⬅️
-High Cholesterol, elevated Lipid levels, and worsened liver function. (Temporary, however get blood work done monthly).➑️ Source ⬅️

THERE ARE MANY MORE SIDE EFFECTS, IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT IT VARIES FROM PERSON TO PERSON, AND DOSAGE PLAYS A KEY ROLE.

-Stay hydrated.
-Avoid hot water.
-SPF 50+ everyday.
-Pray to God that you don't get any harsh side effects.:feelswhy: (Cope) :feelswhy:

It made my skin perfect. I struggled with hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and (obviously) acne inflammation. However, I experienced dryness, joint pain, high cholesterol levels (seeing the blood work results every month made me want to rope), hair thinning (still hasn't recovered), and now I don't produce any oil so it's crucial I moisturize.

I don't recommend taking it if you have mild but persistent acne, I would just thug it out it's not worth the effects. However if you have really bad acne then you definitely should. This short guide took me 2-3 hours of research so if you have any more questions about it I can try my best to answer with whatever knowledge I have.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
πŸ“’Works CitedπŸ“’

Barbieri, John S. β€œIsotretinoin for Treatment of Acne.” JAMA Dermatology (Chicago, Ill.), 2023, https://doi.org/10.1001/jamadermatol.2023.2065.

Tan, Jerry, et al. β€œOral Isotretinoin.” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 34, no. 2, 2016, pp. 175–84, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.det.2015.11.002.

Yuliya Lytvyn, PhD, et al. β€œComparing the Frequency of Isotretinoin-Induced Hair Loss at 0.5-Mg/kg/d Versus β‰₯0.5-Mg/kg/d Dosing in Acne Patients: A Systematic reviewCapsule Summary.” JAAD International, vol. 6, 2022, pp. 125–42.

β€œCholesterol and Liver Screening Now Even More Important to Accutane Patients.” Health & Medicine Week, NewsRX LLC, 2006, p. 240–.
Take the pill boyishly

i have good genetics for skin, never had acne = Anyone can use accutane and have the same
never had a crocked teeth= anyone can use braces and have straaight teeth

And then the failo i have that is hair loss i need to chemichall castrate myself to stop it. FUck this unfair world

OGs just shit post.

This is a rlly shit thread, faggot

• +1
Reactions: pentamogged9000
This is useless you just shared your experience, i ve been researching on actual ways to completely avoid the side effects .

• +1
Reactions: pentamogged9000
You won't completely avoid the side effects. Unfortunately.

Introduction

How does Accutane work?

-Stay hydrated.
-Avoid hot water.
-SPF 50+ everyday.

πŸ“’Works CitedπŸ“’

Just got it prescribed

• +1
Reactions: bub
Good thread OP, but you left out a lot for people who are planning on taking it.
as it is a highly potent concentration of Vitamin A
It's a Vitamin A derivative. Originally it was used as a cancer medication.
however get blood work done monthly
You don't really need bloodwork done monthly. This is mostly for women because of the fatal effects it could have if they were to have a baby whilst on Accutane.
Temporary hair-loss, also known as Tellogen Effluvium, was reported in 3.2%-5.7% of patients taking Accutane (Dosage Dependent)
This is understated. I was one of those people who took it in my teens, and I believe it kickstarted MPB for myself as the time period coincides to when I had got off the drug. My dermatologist said it was temporary, it wasn't. Be careful if you have MPB in your family. I've been fighting the Norwood Reaper every since.
Accutane is usually taken anywhere from 5-8 months, and depending on the duration and dosage of the treatment, is usually how many side effects a person can experience, and the severity of them.
Accutane is dose dependent on your body weight, which will determine how long you are on the drug.

• +1
Reactions: π”»π”Έπ•Žβ„• 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L and redmaxx
Good thread OP, but you left out a lot for people who are planning on taking it.

It's a Vitamin A derivative. Originally it was used as a cancer medication.

You don't really need bloodwork done monthly. This is mostly for women because of the fatal effects it could have if they were to have a baby whilst on Accutane.

This is understated. I was one of those people who took it in my teens, and I believe it kickstarted MPB for myself as the time period coincides to when I had got off the drug. My dermatologist said it was temporary, it wasn't. Be careful if you have MPB in your family. I've been fighting the Norwood Reaper every since.

Accutane is dose dependent on your body weight, which will determine how long you are on the drug.
I agree with you, the hair loss associated with Accutane is under-looked. We need more studies regarding that side effect.

Also I would say that its crucial to get your blood work done, as it can fuck up your liver, cholesterol levels, etc...

• +1
Reactions: Outlier
I'm starting Accutane tomorrow with a 0.2mg/kg body weight dosage. Should I keep taking magnesium

While on Accutane me personally I stopped taking supplements since my liver was going to be enduring a harsh 6 month period. So if I were you I would stop supplementing until after you've finished your cycle.

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline and mug
Not a fcking letter son.

it fucked my eye area

as it can fuck up your liver
I come from a family of multi-generational alcoholics so maybe my liver developed a tolerance to stressors placed upon it, but I did have a friend hospitalized while on it because he was drinking while he was on Accutane and his liver almost failed. Although, he did multiple rounds of Accutane as his acne was pretty immune to the drug so who knows if it was the persistent use of Accutane or drinking whilst on Accutane. He was only 17 at the time. Be careful boyos.

Introduction

How does Accutane work?

-Stay hydrated.
-Avoid hot water.
-SPF 50+ everyday.

πŸ“’Works CitedπŸ“’

What if you have mild acne but it’s too much on your shoulders, back, chest and now progressing to the forearms and the abs. I legitimately don’t know why my acne just blew up all of a sudden bro. What do you recommend

Introduction

How does Accutane work?

-Stay hydrated.
-Avoid hot water.
-SPF 50+ everyday.

πŸ“’Works CitedπŸ“’

Yeah, everyone claims accutane is so bad but from the people I’ve talked to that have taken it. All good things.

Only thing for my is that my lips are now dry forever and not having Vaseline on me can be embarrassing because of how chapped my lips get

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh and bub
What if you have mild acne but it’s too much on your shoulders, back, chest and now progressing to the forearms and the abs. I legitimately don’t know why my acne just blew up all of a sudden bro. What do you recommend
I would first try something like Tetracycline and Doxycycline.
Afterall Accutane can (keyword can) be detrimental to a lot of aspects of your physiology. Including: Hair, Skin, Lips, Joint Function, etc.

I would first try something like Tetracycline and Doxycycline.
Afterall Accutane can (keyword can) be detrimental to a lot of aspects of your physiology. Including: Hair, Skin, Lips, Joint Function, etc.
Uh huh. Will look into this. Also do you know if raw milk can alleviate some of the issues my skin has?

did this, started a low dose this week.

Great thread. Too short and non-comprehensive, so it can't go to BOTB.
@garoupilled_, did we stick this thread? If not, please stick.

GO TO A DOCTOR MORONS ACCUTANE CAN CAUSE HUGE PROBLEMS EVEN WORSE THAN ACNE. YOUR HEALTH NEEDS TO BE MONITORED WHILE U TAKE IT

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A DOC, THEN USE BENZOYL PEROXIDE OR RETINOID CREAM. (DO NOT USE THE TWO AT THE SAME, YOU CAN USE BP IN THE MORNING AND RETINOID AT NIGHT THO) OR JUST EPIDUO WHICH HAS BOTH IN ONE

OGs just shit post.

IMG 2880

If only there was a nose thread out there…

I'm 11, will taking accutane stunt my growth?

T

Introduction

How does Accutane work?

-Stay hydrated.
-Avoid hot water.
-SPF 50+ everyday.

πŸ“’Works CitedπŸ“’

TLDR don’t take it

I'm 62 kg and I'm taking two capsules 20 mg Accutane daily ie 40 mg daily. Which is almost greater than 0.7 mg/kg dosage. Is it okay? I'm already feeling sexually numbed and depressed and it has been only 5 days of taking it.

Wait why will my liver thank me for no vitamin supplements?
I take quite a few and my liver is perfect