Albums That Changed My Life (MUSIC LOVERS GTFIH)

scrunchables

scrunchables

Former Leader of the Black Hebrew Movement (BHM)
No scrunchables jokes or trolling in this thread, this shit is genuine :feelsez:.

This thread is by far my highest-effort one, so I hope you guys enjoy the read! :feelsgah:

BTW I encourage all of you here to drop your favorite albums :feelswhere:, and if you think anything here is great/trash let me know :feelsokman:

Damnation, by Opeth

I can't help but love the calm, melancholy atmosphere of this one. For a good while, this was the only music I would listen too. Opeth is known for being more of a death/progressive metal band, but they shifted their direction massively on this project, painting a moody soundscape with Swedish folk elements and somber themes. This isn't uncommon in their discography, but only Damnation features a whole album's worth of it, and it is just gorgeous. When I listen to it every now and again, I immediately remember and recognize the magic it possesses. Pure excellence.

Favorite Tracks: Windowpane, Hope Leaves, Death Whispered A Lullaby, Ending Credits

The Life of Pierre 4 Deluxe, by Pierre Bourne

"Yo, Pierre, you wanna come out here?" Out of all the modern day producers, Pierre has got to be the best in the game. This guy does everything to near perfection when it comes to his beats, and this album is the best place to see him really shine in that department. Wavy, colorful synths and leads inspired by video games are paired with classic trap drums that are minimalist but distinctive. There isn't a single song on this album that I do not like, much less dislike.

I also cannot stress enough how fucking incredible the song transitions are, he doesn't miss on a single one. When I'm on a long car drive or just want to listen to one artist for a while, I can just put on this 31 track masterpiece and chill. One more thing: he makes use of a lot of different tags here, and they were hilarious on a first listen. I still laugh sometimes.

Favorite tracks: (physically hurts to do this) 4L, Sossboy, Feds and Be Mine

Symbolic, by Death

This album imo is the peak of death metal. No absurdly violent, gory or satanic lyrical themes, but content that's actually kinda deep and can make you think. Disgusting riffs, singing leads and solos, tastefully jazzy drumming, and you can actually understand the singing. Seamless transitions from frenzied, aggressive trash to melodic choruses and soaring guitar solos. Symbolic had me completely hooked for a long time, and, although I don't listen to it as much anymore, I enjoy it no less than I always have.

Favorite tracks: Symbolic, Empty Words, Without Judgement, Perennial Quest

Coltrane's Sound, John Coltrane

McCoy Tyner, Elvin Jones, Steve Davis, and John-Fucking-Coltrane. I only have one thing to say; if you haven't listened to it already, what the fuck are you doing?

Endtroducing..., by DJ Shadow

Honestly, the only word that really conveys the significance of this album is "groundbreaking." DJ Shadow used his encyclopedic knowledge of music and genius ear to create the first ever completely sampled album. It legitimized sampling as an art, and if anyone says that it takes no skill or is a lazy theft of other works, point them to this album. Please, PLEASE give this one a listen if you haven't already. The things I felt while listening to this were unlike anything I've ever felt before. For me, it was a huge experience the first time around. Any time I put on a track, I can't stop myself from letting the whole thing loop on and on and on.

Basically, DJ Shadow is your favorite producer's favorite producer's favorite producer.

Favorite tracks:
Building Steam With a Grain of Salt, What Does Your Soul Look Like, Stem / Long Stem, Midnight In A Perfect World

Well, that's the end! I picked out a pretty varied selection of works, so I really hope that at least one person recognizes these albums or artists :feelsrope:. If you made it all the way here, let me know 🫡 mad respect

I Feel You Chris GIF by NETFLIX

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LordSergiXX63, wastedspermcel, lightskinbengali and 10 others
only valid thing is pierre

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and scrunchables
eversince by bladee changed my life

9E72A10F 473A 4261 978F A11C8858241B

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TheMaxxer333, Guernica, IAMNOTANINCEL and 3 others
2752028 shitthrower mono

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ricky212 and efidescontinuado
only valid thing is pierre
I would've included King Geedorah by MF DOOM but, alas, I am an EST nigga, and I'm way too tired at this time

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
Dayglow - fuzzybrain

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables
damn dj shadow is nice but i still think avalanches album was the better plunderphonic, way more explosive and fun for me but i understand the appeal for dj shadow

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, DelonLover1999 and scrunchables
Midnight in A Perfect World is one of the best songs ever made

• Love it
Hmm, might have to check that one out. Why'd you like it?
well i was really deep into cloud rap/Lo-Fi hip hop and that lead me to bedroom pop which is kinda similear in vibe to that, And this was one of the first albums i heard in that genre and loved it

• Love it
damn dj shadow is nice but i still think avalanches album was the better plunderphonic, way more explosive and fun for me but i understand the appeal for dj shadow
As an album SYLY is definitely better, but some tracks on the DJ Shadow are just obscene

• +1
Reactions: gooner23 and scrunchables
  • +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
I’ve only listened to the last one but I heard how good the 2 above those are. I’ll listen to them in the future maybe

• +1
As an album SYLY is definitely better, but some tracks on the DJ Shadow are just obscene
Kinda how I feel about Donuts by Dilla too, as a whole it's great but holy fuck some specific songs

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
eversince by bladee changed my life

View attachment 2744928
Bladee changed my life forever. Before listening to Bladee, I was a 5,2 T50 eyed balding indian janitor with a hairy 4 incher and no bitches on my dick. When I played the first track on eversince, "Who goes there" My body collapsed in euphoria, because I was transforming into a 6,4ft A10 blond chisled gigamogger from the core of Sweden. Once I was done with the album, there it was, as my life changed forever, I know have stacies all around me accepting themselves as pumps and dumps for the one and only chad, that is me.

This could be you, if you only accepted your bullshit music taste and started listening to Bladee...

• JFL
Jeez, man, just thinking about "Don't Cry" is making my eyes water. The feeeels :feelsbadman:

Bladee changed my life forever. Before listening to Bladee, I was a 5,2 T50 eyed balding indian janitor with a hairy 4 incher and no bitches on my dick. When I played the first track on eversince, "Who goes there" My body collapsed in euphoria, because I was transforming into a 6,4ft A10 blond chisled gigamogger from the core of Sweden. Once I was done with the album, there it was, as my life changed forever, I know have stacies all around me accepting themselves as pumps and dumps for the one and only chad, that is me.

This could be you, if you only accepted your bullshit music taste and started listening to Bladee...
woooord, Bladee is love Bladee is life
Happy Hugh Jackman GIF

• JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss and scrunchables
  • So Sad
Reactions: itisoverboyos
Wow, and here I was thinking I'd have to bumpmaxx the fuck out of this thread. I'm very happy that all of you contributed 🥰!
@GabachoCopium @anthony111553 @ElTruecel @gooner23 @DelonLover1999

• Love it
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: GabachoCopium, DelonLover1999, anthony111553 and 2 others
fuck Opeth tbh tbh. i music mog the entire band+everything mog their bass players but they got female fans while i got nothing. its not fair.

• JFL
fuck Opeth tbh tbh. i music mog the entire band+everything mog their bass players but they got female fans while i got nothing. its not fair.

• JFL
Reactions: InnerVoid
No scrunchables jokes or trolling in this thread, this shit is genuine :feelsez:.

This thread is by far my highest-effort one, so I hope you guys enjoy the read! :feelsgah:

BTW I encourage all of you here to drop your favorite albums :feelswhere:, and if you think anything here is great/trash let me know :feelsokman:

Damnation, by Opeth
View attachment 2744757
I can't help but love the calm, melancholy atmosphere of this one. For a good while, this was the only music I would listen too. Opeth is known for being more of a death/progressive metal band, but they shifted their direction massively on this project, painting a moody soundscape with Swedish folk elements and somber themes. This isn't uncommon in their discography, but only Damnation features a whole album's worth of it, and it is just gorgeous. When I listen to it every now and again, I immediately remember and recognize the magic it possesses. Pure excellence.

Favorite Tracks: Windowpane, Hope Leaves, Death Whispered A Lullaby, Ending Credits

View attachment 2744840

"Yo, Pierre, you wanna come out here?" Out of all the modern day producers, Pierre has got to be the best in the game. This guy does everything to near perfection when it comes to his beats, and this album is the best place to see him really shine in that department. Wavy, colorful synths and leads inspired by video games are paired with classic trap drums that are minimalist but distinctive. There isn't a single song on this album that I do not like, much less dislike.

I also cannot stress enough how fucking incredible the song transitions are, he doesn't miss on a single one. When I'm on a long car drive or just want to listen to one artist for a while, I can just put on this 31 track masterpiece and chill. One more thing: he makes use of a lot of different tags here, and they were hilarious on a first listen. I still laugh sometimes.

Symbolic, by Death
View attachment 2744815
This album imo is the peak of death metal. No absurdly violent, gory or satanic lyrical themes, but content that's actually kinda deep and can make you think. Disgusting riffs, singing leads and solos, tastefully jazzy drumming, and you can actually understand the singing. Seamless transitions from frenzied, aggressive trash to melodic choruses and soaring guitar solos. Symbolic had me completely hooked for a long time, and, although I don't listen to it as much anymore, I enjoy it no less than I always have.

View attachment 2744867
McCoy Tyner, Elvin Jones, Steve Davis, and John-Fucking-Coltrane. I only have one thing to say; if you haven't listened to it already, what the fuck are you doing?

View attachment 2744876

Honestly, the only word that really conveys the significance of this album is "groundbreaking." DJ Shadow used his encyclopedic knowledge of music and genius ear to create the first ever completely sampled album. It legitimized sampling as an art, and if anyone says that it takes no skill or is a lazy theft of other works, point them to this album. Please, PLEASE give this one a listen if you haven't already. The things I felt while listening to this were unlike anything I've ever felt before. For me, it was a huge experience the first time around. Any time I put on a track, I can't stop myself from letting the whole thing loop on and on and on.

Basically, DJ Shadow is your favorite producer's favorite producer's favorite producer.

Favorite tracks:
Building Steam With a Grain of Salt, What Does Your Soul Look Like, Stem / Long Stem, Midnight In A Perfect World

Well, that's the end! I picked out a pretty varied selection of works, so I really hope that at least one person recognizes these albums or artists :feelsrope:. If you made it all the way here, let me know 🫡 mad respect

Are u fucking emo

• JFL

Damnation, by Opeth
View attachment 2744757

View attachment 2744840

Symbolic, by Death
View attachment 2744815

View attachment 2744867

View attachment 2744876

Favorite tracks:

Where is lil b 6 kids
IMG 4170

• Woah
I would've included King Geedorah by MF DOOM but, alas, I am an EST nigga, and I'm way too tired at this time
Good as albums fast lane hits different

• +1
How does listening to music change your life

he said music lovers, not people who want to shit all over the legacy of human musical creativity
And I said I want to fuck your mom, not to jerk off to your grandma. But yet here I am, doing just that. We can’t have everything in life

@longjohnmong ?

(Since we family now)
@longjohnmong

Playboi Carti changed my life

• JFL
hope leaves by opeth helps you find a sense of comfort in loss like hardly any other song does. one of my favorite songs ever. extremely based thread.

let me contribute

this album was recorded by a south korean neet in his bedroom (using mostly sampled instruments) and it's absolutely real as fuck

favorite tracks: white ceiling, beautiful world, analog sentimentalism

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss, DJ Billybool, scrunchables and 1 other person
Legendary Member by thaiboy

hope leaves by opeth helps you find a sense of comfort in loss like hardly any other song does. one of my favorite songs ever. extremely based thread.

let me contribute

this album was recorded by a south korean neet in his bedroom (using mostly sampled instruments) and it's absolutely real as fuck

favorite tracks: white ceiling, beautiful world, analog sentimentalism

Parannoul is modern day mozart

• Love it
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
how is Crystal Mountain not one of your favorite tracks?

• Woah