Alternative eye terminologies

Racky

Racky

Diamond
People often use the term "hunter eyes" wrongly. It originally specifically refers to mostly hooded almond shaped eyes that are horizontally long with good supras resulting in lower set eyebrows

But some people use it to just say "hooded eyes". I see it a lot on this forum.

The terminology is confusing and nebulous because it refers to what we consider "predator" animals, who often lack certain traits human "hunter eyes" have. I will propose alternative terminologies that are clearer

Tarsier eyes, aka bug eyes:
1049909E 1ABE 4720 91AA D3EC400E3EF0

Human example :
B3BD4874 45DC 4DCF BF8F 43EF75D90880

An eye area cannot get worse than this. It’s actually impossible for a human to have tarsier eyes without having a disease that causes proptosis. Tarsier eyes have too many flaws to even mention.

Lesula eyes :
EA47D459 401B 4C5E 90E2 BFDAE9381437

Human example :
7F98DA5F EF6F 4636 AC10 6953A948B52B

Same as above but better. Not caused by a disease. Will have a lot of UEE, low PFL, high vertical length, and high set eyebrows

then you have the average man. We won’t give him any specific terminology. Just average. Will have a mix of good and bad features but not enough good to qualify for the next categories:

Fox eyes :
1DF5D7D7 3FFB 4D6B AF84 B47BC6ACDB3C

Human examples :
B3581886 CABF 4502 97D1 19AF57D9D293

Normie foids already use this terminology so it’s already mainstream and easy to adopt. Someone with fox eyes has good shape. Wide PFL, vertically short, positive or neutral canthal tilt, little to no UEE. But people with fox eyes don't have supras pronounced enough to have true mogger eyes, and usually have higher set eyebrows as a result. Fox eyes can be considered the prettyboy's eyes.

Hamadryas eyes :
3687E2E6 ECD6 4118 A825 A4BA4036D159

Human examples. Basically most true moggers :
A380355F 3D1E 46AF 8184 5F6FB9582FD0

Hamadryas eyes have all the features of fox eyes + better supras and in general more forward grown frontal bones. That gives them lower set eyebrows. At worst hamadryas eyes might look orgeish if the supras are too pronounced and/or eyebrow density/contrast subpar. At best with good lashes, subtle shadow over the eyes, good eyebrow density and color, this is the ultimate eye area for a man.
Why I choose hamadryas baboons :
Hamadryas baboons are the animals that best exemplify those kind of mogger eyes so I choose them. Only thing is that their IPD is too low. A human with such close set eyes would be unattractive. Non-primates don’t really have browridges and other non-human primates don’t have good shaped eyes, so I choose hamadryas baboons despite the fact that their pupils are too close. This clears off confusions because no one would ever call fox eyes with high set eyebrows and subpar supras "hamadryas", while "hunter eyes" creates too much confusion.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, bugeye, breadpill and 10 others
Good read op

• Love it
Reactions: Racky
good thread.

i need fox eyes.

• Love it
People often use the term "hunter eyes" wrongly. It originally specifically refers to mostly hooded almond shaped eyes that are horizontally long with good supras resulting in lower set eyebrows

But some people use it to just say "hooded eyes". I see it a lot on this forum.

The terminology is confusing and nebulous because it refers to what we consider "predator" animals, who often lack certain traits human "hunter eyes" have. I will propose alternative terminologies that are clearer

Tarsier eyes, aka bug eyes:
View attachment 1698996
Human example :
View attachment 1698955
An eye area cannot get worse than this. It’s actually impossible for a human to have tarsier eyes without having a disease that causes proptosis. Tarsier eyes have too many flaws to even mention.

Lesula eyes :
View attachment 1698997
Human example :
View attachment 1698960
Same as above but better. Not caused by a disease. Will have a lot of UEE, low PFL, high vertical length, and high set eyebrows

then you have the average man. We won’t give him any specific terminology. Just average. Will have a mix of good and bad features but not enough good to qualify for the next categories:

Fox eyes :
View attachment 1698962
Human examples :
View attachment 1698971
Normie foids already use this terminology so it’s already mainstream and easy to adopt. Someone with fox eyes has good shape. Wide PFL, vertically short, positive or neutral canthal tilt, little to no UEE. But people with fox eyes don't have supras pronounced enough to have true mogger eyes, and usually have higher set eyebrows as a result. Fox eyes can be considered the prettyboy's eyes.

Hamadryas eyes :
View attachment 1698975
Human examples. Basically most true moggers :
View attachment 1698983
Hamadryas eyes have all the features of fox eyes + better supras and in general more forward grown frontal bones. That gives them lower set eyebrows. At worst hamadryas eyes might look orgeish if the supras are too pronounced and/or eyebrow density/contrast subpar. At best with good lashes, subtle shadow over the eyes, good eyebrow density and color, this is the ultimate eye area for a man.
Why I choose hamadryas baboons :
Hamadryas baboons are the animals that best exemplify those kind of mogger eyes so I choose them. Only thing is that their IPD is too low. A human with such close set eyes would be unattractive. Non-primates don’t really have browridges and other non-human primates don’t have good shaped eyes, so I choose hamadryas baboons despite the fact that their pupils are too close. This clears off confusions because no one would ever call fox eyes with high set eyebrows and subpar supras "hamadryas", while "hunter eyes" creates too much confusion.
OP, you forgot the BEST eyes: GOAT eyes!

Look at this bad boy with GOAT eyes:
Goat1
vs
Goat2

Mogger! Both of them... :feelshehe:

• JFL
Reactions: mug and Racky
Good thread :Comfy:

• Love it
Good thread 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Love it
The fox eyes such as chico is caused by fat pads while Gandy's is caused by low set brow bone. You can see how different the result actually is.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Racky
Cat Eyes(aka lion eyes, kudos to @8PSLcel )
F24DF95D 8AA2 4F12 B387 515B15B1301F

Cat/lion eyes are basically either fox or hamadryas eyes, but with higher PFH. [ISPOILER](The above example might not look like it when cropped out, but he allegedly has 33 mm PFL; his PFH is just very high, he claims that people often comment on his eyes looking "psycho")[/ISPOILER]
As a result they look similar to "cat/lion eyes".
People with those eyes look immediately more threatening than people with low PFH fox/hamadryas eyes. They look like active predators rather than calm & calculated "hunters"; giving the impression of being unpredictable, on stimulant drugs, "psycho", and/or hyper excited. More so like a lion about to jump on an antelope and violently eat its intestines while its still alive, than a human "hunter" carefully setting up traps or hiding in the bushes with his bow and arrow, or a cunning Reynard The Fox.
Some people have an entirely different definition of "lion eyes" and might dislike by what I just wrote. To them "lion eyes" has nothing to do with PFH, and means fox/hamadryas eyes but with long and sharp downturned medial canthus reminiscent of the black fur around a lion's eyes :
Lion eye 20607259

Saying "cat eyes" might be preferred for the category we previously discussed, as it won't confuse people with the other usage of "lion eyes" that has more to do with having medial canthus like Atesh Salih's or Eriksen's. Cat eyes also more specifically refer to higher PFH. A disadvantage of using "cat eyes" though is that it doesn't have the underlined meaning of looking threatening or hyper excited, since cats are domesticated animals that are considered "cute". Meanwhile lions are popularly seen as violent predators.

Another alternative could be "croco" or "gator" eyes.

The fox eyes such as chico is caused by fat pads while Gandy's is caused by low set brow bone. You can see how different the result actually is.
Gandy's and most hamadryas eyes are caused by both

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: StrangerDanger and Deleted member 17791
Cat Eyes(aka lion eyes, kudos to @8PSLcel )
View attachment 1755685
Cat/lion eyes are basically either fox or hamadryas eyes, but with higher PFH. [ISPOILER](The above example might not look like it when cropped out, but he allegedly has 33 mm PFL; his PFH is just very high, he claims that people often comment on his eyes looking "psycho")[/ISPOILER]
As a result they look similar to "cat/lion eyes".
People with those eyes look immediately more threatening than people with low PFH fox/hamadryas eyes. They look like active predators rather than calm & calculated "hunters"; giving the impression of being unpredictable, on stimulant drugs, "psycho", and/or hyper excited. More so like a lion about to jump on an antelope and violently eat its intestines while its still alive, than a human "hunter" carefully setting up traps or hiding in the bushes with his bow and arrow, or a cunning Reynard The Fox.
Some people have an entirely different definition of "lion eyes" and might dislike by what I just wrote. To them "lion eyes" has nothing to do with PFH, and means fox/hamadryas eyes but with long and sharp downturned medial canthus reminiscent of the black fur around a lion's eyes :
View attachment 1755699

Saying "cat eyes" might be preferred for the category we previously discussed, as it won't confuse people with the other usage of "lion eyes" that has more to do with having medial canthus like Atesh Salih's or Eriksen's. Cat eyes also more specifically refer to higher PFH. A disadvantage of using "cat eyes" though is that it doesn't have the underlined meaning of looking threatening or hyper excited, since cats are domesticated animals that are considered "cute". Meanwhile lions are popularly seen as violent predators.

Gandy's and most hamadryas eyes are caused by both
Gandy has almost lionlike eyes. They're about as open as mine with an even higher width is like 35 -40 mm or something crazy. His eyes are huge.

compare gandy's eyes to Drago, you can see right away that they are abnormally large, lots of scleral show on the sides. It has that open look. I've heard people call Gandy's eyes reptilian like.
0CF7B3FA 309C 49C7 A4D1 2B99C0AF45BC 2DECFEE1 3BE7 4A87 BE34 49328313E00E

• JFL
  • Woah
Good point
It has that open look. I've heard people call Gandy's eyes reptilian like
This is giving me ideas

refers both to an "open look", like "cat eyes". Can't confuse people with something to do with medial canthus, unlike "lion eyes", but still refers to being "threatening", unlike "cat eyes".

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
Good point

This is giving me ideas
View attachment 1755739
refers both to an "open look", like "cat eyes". Can't confuse people with something to do with medial canthus, unlike "lion eyes", but still refers to being "threatening", unlike "cat eyes".
I think gandy's eyes are still more similar to that monkey tbh. His is more of a mix.

Mine are definitely closer to that lion/reptile look.

• JFL
  • +1