Anyone got any examples of changing nose length through radix modifications? (realself surgeon mentions changing radix position))

LebenistneHure

LebenistneHure

Silver
Ds

Patient 8 frontal

Shorter or longer? Because it's realtively easy to elongate a nose by a few mm, but shortening not so much

Shorter or longer? Because it's realtively easy to elongate a nose by a few mm, but shortening not so much
Shortening should be possible through radix reduction according to this surgeon, or at least an illusion of a shorter nose is achievable. Her nose does appear shorter, even though it's just an illusion.

Shortening should be possible through radix reduction according to this surgeon, or at least an illusion of a shorter nose is achievable. Her nose does appear shorter, even though it's just an illusion.
Sure but her nose wasn't even long to begin with. A droopy tip is always easy to operate on, but if the nose as a whole (the point where the nostrils insert) is too long, that's difficult to correct

Sure but her nose wasn't even long to begin with. A droopy tip is always easy to operate on, but if the nose as a whole (the point where the nostrils insert) is too long, that's difficult to correct
Yeah her face was harmonious to begin with, but this is the only image I could even find of this percieved illusion being achieved. I'd like to see more examples if someone has some. Yeah the alar base is not a fixable issue if I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere (on realself) that if it were attempted to ressect and lift the alae, there would be a big ass scar left, naturally of course. Since I don't have a droopy tip to being with, and can't expect to lift my nasal base, my only option I'm aware of atm is to get her fix. At least my long ass midface and low ipd would appear somewhat balananced instead of fully subhuman. :feelswhy:

Yeah her face was harmonious to begin with, but this is the only image I could even find of this percieved illusion being achieved. I'd like to see more examples if someone has some. Yeah the alar base is not a fixable issue if I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere (on realself) that if it were attempted to ressect and lift the alae, there would be a big ass scar left, naturally of course. Since I don't have a droopy tip to being with, and can't expect to lift my nasal base, my only option I'm aware of atm is to get her fix. At least my long ass midface and low ipd would appear somewhat balananced instead of fully subhuman. :feelswhy:
Damn, that doesn't sound good. Is your philtrum very long at least? Cause a liplift could make your midface at least a little shorter, and if done right, it shouldn't be obvious there was any surgery

Damn, that doesn't sound good. Is your philtrum very long at least? Cause a liplift could make your midface at least a little shorter, and if done right, it shouldn't be obvious there was any surgery
Nope, on the contrary, it's on the short side. So yeah, low ipd, long midface, short philtrum. On top of all, bulbous nose. Basically my pfp with a slightly longer midface jfl. So no lip lift for me, I'm afraid. I've been researching for around 5 years now on how to fix my issues, and it comes down to unrealistic conclusions: box osteotomy and lefort 3. So my realistic options are radix tweaking, bulbous tip defining, otoplasty, and... that's pretty much it unfortunately. I'm very limited thanks to my genetical proportions.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 11770
Nope, on the contrary, it's on the short side. So yeah, low ipd, long midface, short philtrum. On top of all, bulbous nose. Basically my pfp with a slightly longer midface jfl. So no lip lift for me, I'm afraid. I've been researching for around 5 years now on how to fix my issues, and it comes down to unrealistic conclusions: box osteotomy and lefort 3. So my realistic options are radix tweaking, bulbous tip defining, otoplasty, and... that's pretty much it unfortunately. I'm very limited thanks to my genetical proportions.
I'm sorry bro. But at least there's some relatively cheap surgeries you can do to look a lot better, or "normal".
I have a slightly bulbous tip myself which I'm going to get fixed early next year.

How bad is your midface ratio, have you measured it? Maybe it's not as horrible as you think

• +1
Reactions: LebenistneHure
I'm sorry bro. But at least there's some relatively cheap surgeries you can do to look a lot better, or "normal".
I have a slightly bulbous tip myself which I'm going to get fixed early next year.

How bad is your midface ratio, have you measured it? Maybe it's not as horrible as you think
Yeah, bulbous tip is a big one for harmony. Well, I haven't exactly measured it as it's something you can't really change so what's the point. But I know I look uncanny to myself in the mirror. It's not "horrible", but it's pretty bad. I could do with a centimeter more between my eyes or a centimeter less of my midface. What gives me hope is I look normal when the lighting hits my face at a certain angle, even though there is no change in my ratios, so that tells me there are things I can surgically do to achieve this effect in normal light, because clearly the light gives the illusion of a different facial... topography if you will, by hiding imperfections and throwing different shadows, and that is luckily changeable. Good luck with getting your surgery.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11770
Yeah, bulbous tip is a big one for harmony. Well, I haven't exactly measured it as it's something you can't really change so what's the point. But I know I look uncanny to myself in the mirror. It's not "horrible", but it's pretty bad. I could do with a centimeter more between my eyes or a centimeter less of my midface. What gives me hope is I look normal when the lighting hits my face at a certain angle, even though there is no change in my ratios, so that tells me there are things I can surgically do to achieve this effect in normal light, because clearly the light gives the illusion of a different facial... topography if you will, by hiding imperfections and throwing different shadows, and that is luckily changeable. Good luck with getting your surgery.
Thanks bro, good luck to you as well.. hope you find a way to change your midface surgically