Anyone have experience in dealing w/ Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation?

EzzrenBrahhh

EzzrenBrahhh

Iron
So I've had Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation for over a year now. Purple spots, red markings on my cheeks and lower forehead etc. Does anyone have any solutions for PIH? The older markings have faded by 3/4s but alas theres new ones because I haven't yet got my Acne under control (Going on Accutane soon god willing). What worked best, I've heard about chemical peels etc but dont know any specifics.

(first post bros be nice)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771 and Sens
not sure, check this thread

• +1
Reactions: EzzrenBrahhh
So I've had Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation for over a year now. Purple spots, red markings on my cheeks and lower forehead etc. Does anyone have any solutions for PIH? The older markings have faded by 3/4s but alas theres new ones because I haven't yet got my Acne under control (Going on Accutane soon god willing). What worked best, I've heard about chemical peels etc but dont know any specifics.

(first post bros be nice)
Are you using something to treat it?

I have been using tret 0.50, azelaic acid and vitamin c for a while. the results are very slow

• +1

I have been using tret 0.50, azelaic acid and vitamin c for a while. the results are very slow
I haven't started any treatment yet. I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject as I've only began taking it seriously recently, gonna discuss with a dermatologist soon. I've heard of azelaic acid, how effective have you found it for fading dark spots?

I haven't started any treatment yet. I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject as I've only began taking it seriously recently, gonna discuss with a dermatologist soon. I've heard of azelaic acid, how effective have you found it for fading dark spots?
pretty slow for spot, seems to be better for acne

• +1
pretty slow for spot, seems to be better for acne
Are there any other effective PIH treatments that you've used or heard of? Willing to experiment with things rn, within reason

Are there any other effective PIH treatments that you've used or heard of? Willing to experiment with things rn, within reason
As far as I understand laser treatment is the best, red light treatment can also help.

So I just got this recently because I dermapened my undereyes like a retard, I asked chatgp4 and a plastic surgeon abt it, I will be using Hydroquinone 4% and Kojic acid for 3 months and if it i'm not satisfied with the results I will have to do a few Q-switched laser sessions

i use the exact same. i make my own vit c serum cuz its way oevrpriced if u buy it. not sure if my homemade stuff actually works though lol. i find these products work the best on fresh PIH. the older ones from acne years ago are really hard to fade. i also have pitted scars that tret unfortunately hasnt helped with too much. think my next step will have to be treatments in a dermatologists office.

i use the exact same. i make my own vit c serum cuz its way oevrpriced if u buy it. not sure if my homemade stuff actually works though lol. i find these products work the best on fresh PIH. the older ones from acne years ago are really hard to fade. i also have pitted scars that tret unfortunately hasnt helped with too much. think my next step will have to be treatments in a dermatologists office.
If you still get acne, don't use vitamin c anymore, this makes it worse, glutathione injections are good for hyperpigmentation, one way to hide hyperpigmentation is by using a tinted sunscreen, good luck brother