BASIC JAW SURGERY GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS

Deleted member 2012

Deleted member 2012

Magic
LE FORT

First of all, there are three types of leforts

Type one advances bottom part of maxilla, type 2 advances whole maxilla, type 3 moves maxilla and zygos (cheekbones)

Upper jaw, Maxilla:

Le Fort I is used to correct mid-face abnormalities. Aesthetically, a Le Fort advancement harmonizes facial balance by correcting the sunken or setback appearance of a small upper jaw, and also improving the fullness of the upper lip.
The upper jaw can be moved forward to correct an underbite, or lifted up to correct an open bite or gummy smile. Balance to your facial profile is provided through increased projection of your cheekbones and upper lip.
Advancing the upper jaw improves the flow of air through your nasal airway and behind your soft palate. If planned and treated in a precise fashion, the surgery is capable of completely eliminating nasal airway obstruction.

BSSO

Involves the lower jaw, mandible:
Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy (BSSO) corrects the length and position of the lower jaw. Your lower jaw is moved forward to correct an overbite, improving how your teeth come together when chewing, as well as opening up the airway behind the tongue.
The BSSO usually requires a lengthy period of orthodontics, both leading up to surgery as well as after the procedure. There are limits to a successful BSSO advancement of around 6-8mm.
Too great a movement, and the pull-back forces from the tongue and skin lead to an unstable bite and the potential for “relapse”. Pulling back your lower jaw with a “BSSO setback” obstructs your airway, and should never be considered as a treatment option.

BIMAX

BiMax surgery advances and corrects the position of both jaws, combining the BSSO and Le Fort I in one operation. Correcting your jaw relationship balances how your teeth meet when eating, and minimizes the risk of tooth wear and jaw joint issues.
BiMax surgery is often used to alleviate airway obstructions that lead to snoring, sleep apnea, and poor exercise tolerance. Advancing both jaws together opens your airway substantially, improving the natural flow of air when breathing.
Your smile and facial appearance will be enhanced, through idealizing the amount of teeth you show when talking and smiling, and by accentuating the definition of your cheekbones, jawline and facial profile.

GENIOPLASTY

Genioplasty is a procedure used to correct how far forward the chin projects. It is used to correct the symmetry of the chin point, and the contour and shape of the chin. A Genioplasty is often performed as part of a sequence of surgical jaw procedures.

BEFORE AND AFTERS:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5875, 6’1Chink, Gaia262 and 12 others
this is the off topic section

• +1
Reactions: LookistWorld
whats last one with braces called. just crooked teeth?

I read the whole thing thinking it was going to be a funny shitpost cause this is offtopic.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
What about double jaw? Same as bimax?

A4.4.jpg

A4.3.jpg

the fuck is this shit

no bimax for the neglection i was given since my early childhood

• So Sad
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit
Sticky this thread. Awesome post

jawcenter are scammers and butchers

Can you do leftort 2 qnd mse, is that almost equivalent of lefort 3?

IMDO, MDSO, Chin Wing...

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, stuckneworleans, PubertyMaxxer and 3 others
LE FORT

First of all, there are three types of leforts
View attachment 253962
Type one advances bottom part of maxilla, type 2 advances whole maxilla, type 3 moves maxilla and zygos (cheekbones)

Upper jaw, Maxilla:
View attachment 253961
Le Fort I is used to correct mid-face abnormalities. Aesthetically, a Le Fort advancement harmonizes facial balance by correcting the sunken or setback appearance of a small upper jaw, and also improving the fullness of the upper lip.
The upper jaw can be moved forward to correct an underbite, or lifted up to correct an open bite or gummy smile. Balance to your facial profile is provided through increased projection of your cheekbones and upper lip.
Advancing the upper jaw improves the flow of air through your nasal airway and behind your soft palate. If planned and treated in a precise fashion, the surgery is capable of completely eliminating nasal airway obstruction.

BSSO

Involves the lower jaw, mandible:
View attachment 254008Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy (BSSO) corrects the length and position of the lower jaw. Your lower jaw is moved forward to correct an overbite, improving how your teeth come together when chewing, as well as opening up the airway behind the tongue.
The BSSO usually requires a lengthy period of orthodontics, both leading up to surgery as well as after the procedure. There are limits to a successful BSSO advancement of around 6-8mm.
Too great a movement, and the pull-back forces from the tongue and skin lead to an unstable bite and the potential for “relapse”. Pulling back your lower jaw with a “BSSO setback” obstructs your airway, and should never be considered as a treatment option.

BIMAX

BiMax surgery advances and corrects the position of both jaws, combining the BSSO and Le Fort I in one operation. Correcting your jaw relationship balances how your teeth meet when eating, and minimizes the risk of tooth wear and jaw joint issues.
BiMax surgery is often used to alleviate airway obstructions that lead to snoring, sleep apnea, and poor exercise tolerance. Advancing both jaws together opens your airway substantially, improving the natural flow of air when breathing.
Your smile and facial appearance will be enhanced, through idealizing the amount of teeth you show when talking and smiling, and by accentuating the definition of your cheekbones, jawline and facial profile.

GENIOPLASTY

Genioplasty is a procedure used to correct how far forward the chin projects. It is used to correct the symmetry of the chin point, and the contour and shape of the chin. A Genioplasty is often performed as part of a sequence of surgical jaw procedures.

BEFORE AND AFTERS:

Only 6-8mm bsso advancement??? WTH

I need 30

• +1
Reactions: Phoenix997
Ok now make an advanced one with prices and links for good surgeons in UK US europe

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and stuckneworleans
Link me Lefort II surgeons

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
IMDO mogs BSSO, but only get it if you have an overbite

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Deleted member 6401
Can somebody confirm that only 6-8 mm is an appropriate amount of BSSO movement to avoid relapse? Is this true? I’ve heard of 2 cm cases. Maybe that includes the movement from CCW-r though.
Only 6-8mm bsso advancement??? WTH

I need 30
I’m thinking the same thing. This can’t be true. 6-8 mm is moderate.

I think the absolute maximum for maxilla is 1 cm. Maybe he’s confusing this with the upper jaw? But I’ve seen huge BSSO advancements being done.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
no bimax for the neglection i was given since my early childhood
If you are not a spoon fed white chad who doesn't back away from fights because of your parents brutally punishing you for any back talk