Best interventions for correcting Nasolabial folds among those?

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
What are the best interventions to have, in order to correct mild Nasolabial folds long-term?

Fillers?

Fat grafts?

Kybella injections?

Midface lift?

Jaw advancement surgery?

Nasolabial malar fat pad liposuction?

Subcision?

Thanks

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963
third option
invoking the master @RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
please explain your definition of mild

Attachments

• 3fea7210d9edf6f76f1319580575dcb2.jpg
    3fea7210d9edf6f76f1319580575dcb2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 74
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 88
  • hero_fiennes-tiffin_0.jpg
    hero_fiennes-tiffin_0.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Love it
Reactions: JustAFewMM
I'd say at least Hero Fiennes-Tiffin levels of Nasolabial folds
I have lines like his and im planning on using retin-a because it grows your skin thicker

high lefort1 (legit)

• +1
Reactions: looksmin and RealSurgerymax
or bone cartilage midface augmentation

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
What are the best interventions to have, in order to correct mild Nasolabial folds long-term?

Fillers<Fat grafts

Kybella injections when this has to do with with resistant fat mounds over the nasolabial folds

Midface lift when it is because of aging but probably a cover up that won’t last long if you are in your 20s or 30s

Jaw advancement surgery will help if the right osteotomies are made and correct V-Y closure is performed

Nasolabial malar fat pad liposuction if, again having to do with resistant fat mounds over the nasolabial fold. For liposuction if this area you need to have a lot of fat here, if you don’t lypolysis injections are best.

Subcision does not work well.

And adding:

If due to a deep canine Fossa, a new way to deal with this is bone augmentation with bone grafts using a Allogenic 50/50 cortical-cancellous bone chips in a PRF membrane graft with cortical punctures for vascularization. This replaces paranasal implants which are also an option but seem too close to alveolar bone for my comfort.

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV and Good_Little_Goy
I have lines like his and im planning on using retin-a because it grows your skin thicker
Yes, but it might also contribute to subcutaneous fat loss, or is it a meme being thrown around on here?

Last edited:
I'm talking about folds like this guy

Attachments

• 101934-67c2fe42529685f54f6481f2cfebff94.png
    101934-67c2fe42529685f54f6481f2cfebff94.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 89
  • +1
Reactions: CursedOne
Use it on your abdominal fat and report back, just buy tubs in bulk though
ah yes just gotta get some more collagen in my abs so really make my skinny fat physique pop ya know?

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
ah yes just gotta get some more collagen in my abs so really make my skinny fat physique pop ya know?
ABC theory bro,

Always

Be

Collagenmaxing

I accidentally forgot to remove the quotes when I responded above:

Fillers<Fat grafts

Kybella injections when this has to do with with resistant fat mounds over the nasolabial folds

Midface lift when it is because of aging but probably a cover up that won’t last long if you are in your 20s or 30s

Jaw advancement surgery will help if the right osteotomies are made and correct V-Y closure is performed

Nasolabial malar fat pad liposuction if, again having to do with resistant fat mounds over the nasolabial fold. For liposuction if this area you need to have a lot of fat here, if you don’t lypolysis injections are best.

And adding:

If due to a deep canine Fossa, a new way to deal with this is bone augmentation with bone grafts using a Allogenic 50/50 cortical-cancellous bone chips in a PRF membrane graft with cortical punctures for vascularization. This replaces paranasal implants which are also an option but seem too close to alveolar bone for my comfort.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Racky, Deleted member 8771, AscendingHero and 3 others

Fillers<Fat grafts

And adding:

Wow, your reply would deserve its own thread ngl

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, RAITEIII and RealSurgerymax
Wow, your reply would deserve its own thread ngl

I have 3 threads to make on my list but have been busy these past few months

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, lasthope and Soalian
I dont think it matters that much tbh

Fillers<Fat grafts

And adding:

Do you mind expanding on the reasons why fat grafts might be preferable to fillers in that case?

I'm torn between both options.

Thank you

Do you mind expanding on the reasons why fat grafts might be preferable to fillers in that case?

I'm torn between both options.

Thank you

Fat is a permanent solution unlike filler

Filler also moves and over time can give you a fake look as you keep getting more and more filler treatments.

Filler is okay but just not first choice.The only time it would be first choice is if they have no fat to harvest.

• +1
Reactions: Racky, AscendingHero and Good_Little_Goy

Price?

That will vary widely and many plastic & maxillofacial surgeons will probably say they don’t even do that. But a fair price would be similar to bone augmentation for dental implants (it’s main application) so about $2-4K in USD.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, lasthope and RAITEIII
That will vary widely and many plastic & maxillofacial surgeons will probably say they don’t even do that. But a fair price would be similar to bone augmentation for dental implants (it’s main application) so about $2-4K in USD.
I dont exactly see why a subcision wouldn't work well. I see reasonable results online.

I dont exactly see why a subcision wouldn't work well. I see reasonable results online.

They can help a little with the actual nasolabial LINE but not the nasolabial concave contour from a retruded maxilla

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and lasthope
They can help a little with the actual nasolabial LINE but not the nasolabial concave contour from a retruded maxilla
Does a bimax/lefort 1 help with nasalobial folts?

ps: pls read my pm when you have a minute:)

@RealSurgerymax this really needs it's own giga thread.

Also what do you mean by " nasolabial concave contour from a retruded maxilla ". Some people have it visible when smiling but it doesn't always mean they have visible folds when not smiling.

If due to a deep canine Fossa, a new way to deal with this is bone augmentation with bone grafts using a Allogenic 50/50 cortical-cancellous bone chips in a PRF membrane graft with cortical punctures for vascularization
Do you know any surgeon who actually offers this?

Fat is a permanent solution unlike filler

Filler also moves and over time can give you a fake look as you keep getting more and more filler treatments.

Filler is okay but just not first choice.The only time it would be first choice is if they have no fat to harvest.
What bodyfat % do you have to be to have fat to harvest?