Best moneymaxxing uni route?

distance decay

distance decay

what do u desiree
I want to moneymax. My parents do pretty well which probably means im a little bit smart.

Are the best fields still STEM if going through a college route? I know that being the best in any field will make you alot but any upcoming fields that aren't going to be saturated in the next 6-7 years?

Medicine takes a long as time. Ive always wanted to go the engineer route but im worried it might get too saturated by the time I finish my degree?

Thoughts and any ideas?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Infinite
Why not ask your millionaire parents instead of a bunch of autists on .org

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: socialcel, 97baHater, Brandon Curington and 10 others
If money is your main goal.. the only thing worth taking in Uni is Business and/or Tech.

If you have a boner for math you can consider Engineering

Medicine and Law takes wayyy too long (depending on where you study) and not to mention the loads of student loan debt you'll have to take and repay. There are faster/more efficient ways to make 6 figures. Don't go into these paths unless you really enjoy it and you're actually skilled in these fields.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AlexBrown84, Infinite and distance decay
Why not ask your millionaire parents instead of a bunch of autists on .org
Because they are too traditional they want me to become doctor

If money is your main goal.. the only thing worth taking in Uni is Business and/or Tech.

If you have a boner for math you can consider Engineering

Medicine and Law takes wayyy too long (depending on where you study) and not to mention the loads of student loan debt you'll have to take and repay. There are faster/more efficient ways to make 6 figures. Don't go into these paths unless you really enjoy it and you're actually skilled in these fields.
What type of job do you get after getting a business degree? And Isnt tech very saturated now

What type of job do you get after getting a business degree? And Isnt tech very saturated now
Depends on what you specialize. Obviously there are some lucrative fields like IB but that requires next level slavery (80+ hrs a week) so probably wouldn't recommend. But there are many high paying business related careers in general. Like consulting for example.

Both Business and Tech are pretty saturated. But like anything else if you're actually good at what you do and able to network well then you'll have success in these fields.

I recommend these 2 fields because they generally have the lowest barriers to entry and are pretty versatile options, unlike Med or Law for example. And most of the super rich people usually studied Business or Tech (or both).

• +1
Reactions: distance decay and Infinite
Being a doctor takes a lot of time/money, yes.
But from the looks of it, you have enough money(from your parents) and time as well(considering you have enough time to rot here).

Since you have generational wealth, I would build a hospital, become the director there, do a little work and rake in money tbh.
(I could be biased since I'm doing medicine, but every "easy" route takes either time/money/luck or all 3).

• +1
Reactions: distance decay
Because they are too traditional they want me to become doctor
Make a excel presentation showing the math earnings in that career lol

Complete dogshit considering college costs plus, time invested, opportunity cost, etc

Study Engineering at a top uni and go work at Hedge Fund.

Getting into HF straight out of uni is hard so better route is Top Uni > Investment Banking > Hedge Fund

1st year at HF in london is £150 - 200k all in

Go through med school then open your own practice. You have to health and skincare max extremely hard though to not become old and ugly by the time you're done. If you want a faster route, become an engineer, programmer, or pilot, and use the money to create your own business. It's pretty easy to start a business if you're already in the top 1% of income.

• +1
Depends what country you're in. My advice is there are two routes:

- go to Uni to get a good career; this is your law, tech, STEM stuff.
- go to Uni for networking stuff.

Obviously you can combine both; go to Harvard for STEM and you can do both. But you don't have to.

IF you're doing the former, can go to a mid-tier and just hammer the studying, getting skills and connections. Working in tech/law, get a portfolio of projects, max your CV, etc.

If you're doing the latter, (I did,) doesn't really matter what subject you do. I went to one of the Oxbridge unis, barely studied, worked on my own business for most of it. Got scholarships so student loans were non-existent, made sure to connect with as many people as possible while doing absolute bare minimum to get top grades. It's a lot easier to do that with a humanities degree than it is with physics, and if you're going for the networking, doesn't really matter because you're just trying to connect with other people who in future only care you went to a top uni.

• +1