Beware Homeoblock can worsen your midface ratio

D

DragFuckinKing

Iron
I’ve been using it for two years and noticed for a bit now that while I style my hair that I look shit. I have to add more volume to distract from the poor midface ratio I have now. Measured photos just before I started using the appliance and my ratio was 1. Now, it’s in the low 0.9s. 0.9-0.93 now depending on images. It measured as low as 0.88 in a selfie from a distance zoomed in.

Showed the pictures to my dentist who gave me the appliance but they are very ignorant. The dentist I’m working with got very defensive and tried to justify shit. I showed them the midface ratio measurements and they just acted like I got the measurement out of my ass. They only believe in facial thirds since that’s what they were taught and never heard of the midface ratio 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Anyway, I got bone mass from homeoblock but it fucked me when it comes to the midface ratio. Nose is way longer than it used to be. I have an actual long nose and am the first person in the family with a fucked long midface.

Stay away from the appliance and if you guys care enough kindly bring up to Dr. Belfor by email or something that his appliance is causing long midfaces. I’ll look into contacting him soon, but it’d help if more of you guys bring up that someone shared their case and they got worse.

TLDR: I looked at the images Dr. Belfor provided to show the results homeoblock can get you and nobody suffered from a worsened midface ratio. It only ever improved or remained the same. I got fucked hard. Some more bone mass but the beating my midface length took outweighs any benefits.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, thecel, Agendum and 4 others
I’ve been using it for two years and noticed for a bit now that while I style my hair that I look shit. I have to add more volume to distract from the poor midface ratio I have now. Measured photos just before I started using the appliance and my ratio was 1. Now, it’s in the low 0.9s. 0.9-0.93 now depending on images. It measured as low as 0.88 in a selfie from a distance zoomed in.

Showed the pictures to my dentist who gave me the appliance but they are very ignorant. The dentist I’m working with got very defensive and tried to justify shit. I showed them the midface ratio measurements and they just acted like I got the measurement out of my ass. They only believe in facial thirds since that’s what they were taught and never heard of the midface ratio 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Anyway, I got bone mass from homeoblock but it fucked me when it comes to the midface ratio. Nose is way longer than it used to be. I have an actual long nose and am the first person in the family with a fucked long midface.

Stay away from the appliance and if you guys care enough kindly bring up to Dr. Belfor by email or something that his appliance is causing long midfaces. I’ll look into contacting him soon, but it’d help if more of you guys bring up that someone shared their case and they got worse.

TLDR: I looked at the images Dr. Belfor provided to show the results homeoblock can get you and nobody suffered from a worsened midface ratio. It only ever improved or remained the same. I got fucked hard. Some more bone mass but the beating my midface length took outweighs any benefits.
pictures? before and after?

can you dm before and afters

why it only happens to you?

@mvp2v1

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad
Couldn't the opposite be achieved then? I mean it goes both ways, if it can fuck your midface ratio, maybe there's a way to reverse it?

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and Deleted member 17429
Couldn't the opposite be achieved then? I mean it goes both ways, if it can fuck your midface ratio, maybe there's a way to reverse it?
I heard Invisalign can compact the midface a bit by bringing the alveolar ridge a bit up

I heard Invisalign can compact the midface a bit by bringing the alveolar ridge a bit up
No, this appliance lengthened my nose. So, now we know normal midfaces can be fucked over to become long. I am in the process of enlightening my ignorant dentist since they're clueless about midface ratio. The dentist I work with took my new image and drew facial thirds to show they're equal now, but that's before jaw surgery where my lower third will be reduced in height. If you look at many attractive men, the lower third overpowers the middle third just as mine did in the past. I also explained that the facial thirds are not everything especially when dealing with a long midface. You do not want to ever lengthen the midface unless it is too compact. Very depressing results. Currently at 0.90 for the midface ratio and it has really fucked me over. Noticing lots of change in how I am being treated, but I am not letting that shit get to me too much.

So far, I have sent my dentist some PDFs teaching them what MFR is and how I was at the ideal creating a box around my midface and how it is now a rectangle due to becoming elongated (simplified it for them since they're so clueless). I have bone mass changes but the fuckery it did to my harmony outweighs that. Interestingly, the only other individual to have suffered in the midface ratio department is James Nestor if you measure his before and after with homeoblock. However, he was already long beforehand. In my case, I was a normal-length individual who is now tremendously long. The homeoblock also made my nose bigger compared to everything else.

It took me this long to realize this happened because my ridiculous dentist was being lazy and wasn't taking progress pictures. I only realized my midface grew longer after a jaw surgeon took my photo and I noticed I could not recognize myself much due to how much the midface length changed me. That's when I measured and saw that at the time I was at 0.93. The photo was photoshopped so I still looked decent compared to reality. So, my dentist and I got catfished by that photo and thought the appliance was doing me some justice. However, it wasn't until months after that I realized in the mirror that my nose kept growing longer and now I look like death. Which takes us to where we are now, where I am communicating with my dentist. So far, there is no response after my second pdf as they challenged me to take measurements without rotating the image to make the eyes align. They believe they were never taught what the midface ratio is since they believe it's bs and unreliable. They're currently trying to "isolate variables" for why it "seems to me" like my midface grew longer. They claim it's scientifically impossible for the nose to grow longer, but that's just a ridiculous statement. When I brought up MFR with them for the first time, they kept going on a rant about their distaste for plastic surgeons and such and I had to explain this was just a measurement of proportions of the midface. I'm dealing with an unprofessional/ignorant dentist, so it's tough for me to get this resolved.

Frustrating shit but I hope if we can lengthen the midface we can revert it. It's not like I was long and I am asking to be at a normal length. No, I am looking to going back to the ideal ratio instead of being a tiki head.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Mr. President, ChristianChad, Seth Walsh and 1 other person
That's what I am hoping to discover. It seems the creator of this appliance and my dentist are completely unaware of what the midface ratio is. I made a PDF with compelling evidence that clearly shows the damage it did to my mid-face length. Waiting to see what my dentist says in response. If I cannot get a proper answer from them, then I will try to contact the man himself, Dr. Belfor. However, I hear he is unprofessional as well.

• +1
why it only happens to you?
So far, it has also happened to James Nestor. The difference is, I had a normal 1:1 ratio of the midface and have gotten longer at 0.90. James Nestor was always long if you measure his midface ratio. This appliance is undocumented, so chances are that a few others have suffered from this issue and just do not notice or have that desire to reach out. If you compare before and after, most patients experience no change or a slight improvement. It's just ridiculous how it went from 1 to 0.90. If my midface dropped to 0.95 then it would not have been that bad. I was looking at an image where it was 0.97 while wearing it and I looked worse, but it was clear I could cover for it with a rhino and some implants. I am now at a point where it seems to be over. I do not want that for any of you.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19152 and mvp2v1
I'm dealing with an unprofessional/ignorant dentist, so it's tough for me to get this resolved.
I hate orthodontists so much. The entire medical system is a joke. something needs to change about it.

No, this appliance lengthened my nose. So, now we know normal midfaces can be fucked over to become long. I am in the process of enlightening my ignorant dentist since they're clueless about midface ratio. The dentist I work with took my new image and drew facial thirds to show they're equal now, but that's before jaw surgery where my lower third will be reduced in height. If you look at many attractive men, the lower third overpowers the middle third just as mine did in the past. I also explained that the facial thirds are not everything especially when dealing with a long midface. You do not want to ever lengthen the midface unless it is too compact. Very depressing results. Currently at 0.90 for the midface ratio and it has really fucked me over. Noticing lots of change in how I am being treated, but I am not letting that shit get to me too much.

So far, I have sent my dentist some PDFs teaching them what MFR is and how I was at the ideal creating a box around my midface and how it is now a rectangle due to becoming elongated (simplified it for them since they're so clueless). I have bone mass changes but the fuckery it did to my harmony outweighs that. Interestingly, the only other individual to have suffered in the midface ratio department is James Nestor if you measure his before and after with homeoblock. However, he was already long beforehand. In my case, I was a normal-length individual who is now tremendously long. The homeoblock also made my nose bigger compared to everything else.

It took me this long to realize this happened because my ridiculous dentist was being lazy and wasn't taking progress pictures. I only realized my midface grew longer after a jaw surgeon took my photo and I noticed I could not recognize myself much due to how much the midface length changed me. That's when I measured and saw that at the time I was at 0.93. The photo was photoshopped so I still looked decent compared to reality. So, my dentist and I got catfished by that photo and thought the appliance was doing me some justice. However, it wasn't until months after that I realized in the mirror that my nose kept growing longer and now I look like death. Which takes us to where we are now, where I am communicating with my dentist. So far, there is no response after my second pdf as they challenged me to take measurements without rotating the image to make the eyes align. They believe they were never taught what the midface ratio is since they believe it's bs and unreliable. They're currently trying to "isolate variables" for why it "seems" like my midface grew longer. They claim it's scientifically impossible for the nose to grow longer, but that's just a ridiculous statement. When I brought up MFR with them for the first time, they kept going on a rant about their distaste for plastic surgeons and such and I had to explain this was just a measurement of proportions of the midface. I'm dealing with an unprofessional/ignorant dentist, so it's tough for me to get this resolved.

Frustrating shit but I hope if we can lengthen the midface we can revert it. It's not like I was long and I am asking to be at a normal length. No, I am looking to going back to the ideal ratio instead of being a tiki head.
Personally my hunch is that the device did lengthen your midface but by -> it downswung and/or melted your maxilla a little, I wonder if it changed your natural oral habits?
So far, it has happened to me and James Nestor if you measure his midface ratio. The difference is, I had a normal 1:1 ratio of the midface and have gotten longer at 0.90. James Nestor was always long. This appliance is undocumented, so chances are that a few others have suffered from this issue and just do not notice or have that desire to reach out. If you compare before and after, most patients experience no change or a slight improvement. It's just ridiculous how it went from 1 to 0.90. If my midface dropped to 0.95 then it would not have been that bad. I was looking at an image where it was 0.97 while wearing it and I looked worse, but it was clear I could cover for it with a rhino and some implants. I am now at a point where it seems to be over. I do not want that for any of you.
I have seen something similar with patients of dentists/orthos who use the myobrace, imo it changes oral posture and habit for the worse. put simply it makes mewing harder and teaches you improper oral habits which leads to more vertical facial growth.

I hate orthodontists so much. The entire medical system is a joke. something needs to change about it.

Personally my hunch is that the device did not lengthen your midface but rather it downswung and/or melted your maxilla a little, I wonder if it changed your natural oral habits?

I have seen something similar with patients of dentists/orthos who use the myobrace, imo it changes oral posture and habit for the worse. put simply it makes mewing harder and teaches you improper oral habits which leads to more vertical facial growth.
That second part you mentioned is also a hunch of mine but it does not explain the increase in midface length and lengthened nose. However, the appliance's bite block is on the right side, so it would make the right side of my face stronger. That side of my face seems to now have lower cheekbones now. Previously, my cheekbones were high and I had some hollows in some lighting conditions.

Lastly, I absolutely agree I despise these dentists, orthos, and doctors in general. However, that's just how the world works and they are only after the money. We just have to work around it as much as we can. Wish me luck, I hope I get some answers from these doctors soon.

• +1

Personally my hunch is that the device did lengthen your midface but by -> it downswung and/or melted your maxilla a little, I wonder if it changed your natural oral habits?

Seems harder to keep my tongue up for sure. As if my palate is even higher. I have noticed this for a bit.

• +1

how you been friend, care to send before and after pics in our chat?

Can you please dm pics

i have a bioblock, it saved me in a sense because it widened my palate. There was a period where i was finding myself good looking during the treatment and then it became worse.
But it brings my chin forwards and it is supposed to make me develop and CC rotation but as i'm 21 it's very slow. I'm fixing myself as much as i can before getting bimax

• +1
w
i have a bioblock, it saved me in a sense because it widened my palate. There was a period where i was finding myself good looking during the treatment and then it became worse.
But it brings my chin forwards and it is supposed to make me develop and CC rotation but as i'm 21 it's very slow. I'm fixing myself as much as i can before getting bimax
who are you doing it with? whats the treatment been like?

w

who are you doing it with? whats the treatment been like?
i'm doing it in belgium with a certified orthotropics practitioner (works with the Mews often), it was so hard at first but it is fixing my dental arch after having my face ruined by braces. A lot of people started to compliment me about my face but i'm still recessed. I have a good base and i'm convinced that with a bimax i would ascend really really hard
I'm wearing the bioblock 14 hrs per day (cant really speak with it so you have to put it at times you are alone or with your family so you don't come out as retarded or autistic (well, most of us don't even need this to be perceived as weirdos lmao) because you can't speak normally)
i'm almost at 40mm intermolar width, will get new measurements in january and i will redo a tongue tie operation (cut it)
my chin definitely moved forwards

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and mvp2v1
i'm doing it in belgium with a certified orthotropics practitioner (works with the Mews often), it was so hard at first but it is fixing my dental arch after having my face ruined by braces. A lot of people started to compliment me about my face but i'm still recessed. I have a good base and i'm convinced that with a bimax i would ascend really really hard
I'm wearing the bioblock 14 hrs per day (cant really speak with it so you have to put it at times you are alone or with your family so you don't come out as retarded or autistic (well, most of us don't even need this to be perceived as weirdos lmao) because you can't speak normally)
i'm almost at 40mm intermolar width, will get new measurements in january and i will redo a tongue tie operation (cut it)
my chin definitely moved forwards
What’s the bioblock like? I’m assuming it only gives transverse expansion (widen your palette.) and that you are able to Mew with it in? /and the CCW is from mewing? how long have u been doing it? I’m still on the fence between MSE+FM and bioblock orthotropics.

It took me this long to realize this happened because my ridiculous dentist was being lazy and wasn't taking progress pictures. I only realized my midface grew longer after a jaw surgeon took my photo and I noticed I could not recognize myself much due to how much the midface length changed me. That's when I measured and saw that at the time I was at 0.93. The photo was photoshopped so I still looked decent compared to reality. So, my dentist and I got catfished by that photo and thought the appliance was doing me some justice. However, it wasn't until months after that I realized in the mirror that my nose kept growing longer and now I look like death. Which takes us to where we are now, where I am communicating with my dentist. So far, there is no response after my second pdf as they challenged me to take measurements without rotating the image to make the eyes align. They believe they were never taught what the midface ratio is since they believe it's bs and unreliable. They're currently trying to "isolate variables" for why it "seems to me" like my midface grew longer. They claim it's scientifically impossible for the nose to grow longer, but that's just a ridiculous statement. When I brought up MFR with them for the first time, they kept going on a rant about their distaste for plastic surgeons and such and I had to explain this was just a measurement of proportions of the midface. I'm dealing with an unprofessional/ignorant dentist, so it's tough for me to get this resolved.

Pm pics

If your midface ratio is too high (like me). Could this benefit me by reducing midface ratio?

That's what I am hoping to discover. It seems the creator of this appliance and my dentist are completely unaware of what the midface ratio is. I made a PDF with compelling evidence that clearly shows the damage it did to my mid-face length. Waiting to see what my dentist says in response. If I cannot get a proper answer from them, then I will try to contact the man himself, Dr. Belfor. However, I hear he is unprofessional as well.
You could try contacting Won, he's looking to reduce the midface length through an implant anchored to the maxilla. I asked him about the implant (Called N2) on IG, and he responded, saying that they've put the research on hold. I bet he'd be interested in this.

Btw how old are you? This might only take effect in younger patients like yourself. I'm 26 and I doubt I'd see any changes, age is also a very big factor.

Last edited:
  • +1
You could try contacting Won, he's looking to reduce the midface length through an implant anchored to the maxilla. I asked him about the implant (Called N2) on IG, and he responded, saying that they've put the research on hold. I bet he'd be interested in this.

Btw how old are you? This might only take effect in younger patients like yourself. I'm 26 and I doubt I'd see any changes, age is also a very big factor.
22 soon.

• Woah
Update: my dentist got back to me and claims the distance from my nose to upper lip has changed due to acquiring a larger open bite from wearing the expander and that this is why my ratio deviates from the original 1:1 I had. They essentially state that my maxilla would be pushed up as it was in the past if I wear the myobrace I had again. The myobrace would correct my open bite as well. So, it seems it might not be an issue I thought it was where the nose grew long perhaps. We will see. I am still in communication with my dentist. They sent images that do seem to show the eyebrow to nose distance is same whereas the base of the nose to upper lip distance increased. They just threw out the midface ratio after this discovery by saying it’s an unreliable measurement “as I’ve proven”.

• +1
So, this dentist seems to be confused. Will update soon.

Last edited:
Alright, so we confirmed based on images the distance from base of nose to upper lip increased due to a worsened open bite, apparently. However, measuring the mfr from eyes to base of nose shows a big deviation regardless. For instance, when measuring from the eyes to the base of the nose instead of all the way to the upper lip, I used to get a measurement of 1.7. Now, that measurement is 1.3. So, regardless the nose/maxilla has gotten longer. Now what my dentist proposes is using Invisalign and myobrace to push the teeth up and the maxilla up. More information to be posted soon. If any of you are educated on this topic, I'd like to share images with you and have you measure them so I can share with my dentist. Perhaps another person's input will help. However, you must know what you are doing; otherwise I am not sharing my images.

Last edited:
  • +1
Everyone, here is the best image I can comfortably give you. See how it destroyed my midface. I am very long now, whereas I possessed the ideal 1:1 ratio in the past. I hope there's a fix since this negative effect happened in mere months, and I was never long before. Most individuals were always long in terms of their midface, but in my case I was normal and was butchered within mere months. My dentist is utterly clueless. I have an appointment with them in October and they are not responding to my messages requesting an album of images they took of me. Photoshopped the image to reduce the dorsal hump to make the issue more apparent.

What is scary is my IPD is 66mm-67mm so for the midface ratio to become 0.9 from the 1.0-1.08 value is a grave concern.
Side by side image: https://ibb.co/vkf6XxT

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, mvp2v1 and ChristianChad
Indeed, this is absolute bullshit though. I was normal and acquired a very long midface. That is unheard of. Hope there's a fix if we can butcher it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax

I am looking into it. I hope this intrigues him to further his research. I'm 21 turning 22 which isn't too bad.

those pictures dont show much, but I do see that you got increased soft tissue support around your nose. Are you sure you're being treated worse, and not just being treated less like a child because you are now more developed

• +1
those pictures dont show much, but I do see that you got increased soft tissue support around your nose. Are you sure you're being treated worse, and not just being treated less like a child because you are now more developed
The midface ratio has definitely increased. Check the distance from the eye down. Bone mass increased, but the proportions are suffering. I used to be treated much better. It’s not about being treated as a 6’3 man child, but rather losing attraction. Have had many people comment on how long I’ve become. Also, if you draw a horizontal line across from the eye you will notice there is more of the nose available signaling an increase in the nasal length. The full frontal images show the issue at a greater level, so I will see if I am comfortable sharing that publicly. Otherwise, I will send it to you.

Additionally, I have worn the same exact glasses for two years. And what has happened is as the months went on I began to show more of the dorsal hump whereas it was hidden before. This signals that my nose grew in length just as it appears to have. I was previously complimented for the glasses I wore, but I am now told I give a “weird look” and that’s what I thought when I noticed the midfacial length changes. I just look very off because the nose/midface has grown so much verticality. One does not just go from a mfr measurement of 1 in images from 2009 onward to a measurement of 0.88-0.92 in all images after wearing homeoblock for mere months. Naturally, because the midface ratio worsened so has the fwhr. It was 1.9 previously, and is now 1.7.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and sub5inchcel
I saw the pics with proof of measurement, holy shit this is a huge looksmin

• +1
Reactions: DragFuckinKing
I saw the pics with proof of measurement, holy shit this is a huge looksmin
Completely changed me for worse. Went from a meso skull to a long and narrow one.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
dw there is still hope
Working on getting appointments with my dentist who is ghosting me rn as I ask them for my photo album. Scheduled for one in October. Besides that, I will talk to Dr. Moon if my dentist continues acting scummy.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
All right everyone so I just got a text from the doctor and this doctor is scummy I highly avoid using this appliance I am ruined. So essentially my dentist is backing off and acting as though I am simply requesting the work of a plastic surgeon because they are a general dentist they’re acting very strange. it’s kind of crazy how they are reacting I never thought something like this could have happened in fact this is so bad that I’m going to eventually get into interviews. I hope you are all starting to follow me and helping me out because we’re gonna work together to ensure that this homeoblock appliance gets exposed for the fraud that it is. I plan to speak with Ronald Ead.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 8869
I’m just shocked by the kind of text I just got from my doctor man it’s basically a text message that says you’re screwed goodbye if you want to continue treatment just say yes to everything I say.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and Deleted member 8869
bump so mods can pin this this is actually so important, i thought homeoblock could ascend with new bone growth and density but it just fucks u up

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and DragFuckinKing
Now what my dentist proposes is using Invisalign and myobrace to push the teeth up and the maxilla up.
I'm guessing he wants to excessively tilt your teeth forward. Don't let him do this

Everyone, here is the best image I can comfortably give you. See how it destroyed my midface. I am very long now, whereas I possessed the ideal 1:1 ratio in the past. I hope there's a fix since this negative effect happened in mere months, and I was never long before. Most individuals were always long in terms of their midface, but in my case I was normal and was butchered within mere months. My dentist is utterly clueless. I have an appointment with them in October and they are not responding to my messages requesting an album of images they took of me. Photoshopped the image to reduce the dorsal hump to make the issue more apparent.

What is scary is my IPD is 66mm-67mm so for the midface ratio to become 0.9 from the 1.0-1.08 value is a grave concern.
Side by side image: https://ibb.co/vkf6XxT
What is that image suppose to show exactly?

Homeoblock is hilarious. I've seen botted conversations shilling it on Orthotropic channels. It's laughed at online everytime it's mentioned in legit Orthodontic circles.
This is a glorified tooth borne expander, it only achieves dental movement and slightly alveolar bone beyond 12. m8 i really cant see how it would have ruined your midface. you need to provide proper pictures
maybe you had teeth resorption from excessive tipping or something?

• +1
Reactions: DragFuckinKing
I'm 21 turning 22 which isn't too bad.
o rly boyo?
https://looksmax.org/threads/why-is-the-left-side-of-my-face-way-more-developed.466022/
I used homeblock and my face is much more symmetrical than it was a year ago at 24.

lying bastard

along with @Scar tissue
im 26 and tell everyone that I am 22 jfl. When I was 22 I told everyone I was 18

jfl this is ridiculous but these 2 niggers are the same person. they both make absured claims like @DragFuckinKing which made up this storyline about Homeoblock changing his skeletal bones and @Scar tissue which says his bizygomatic width got TOO WIDE from MSE and his family begged him to stop expanding. but no pics tho bcs he could get doxxed on an incel site from blurred out picture of his cheekbones. same with this nigger providing the most useless and irrelevant pics he could find

lol @ pathologically lying online and spreading misinformation for ur keks

Last edited:
  • +1