Brainstorm ideas for a way to attach FM directly to MSE

RecessedMaxillacel

RecessedMaxillacel

Iron
This is what I was thinking about right now. I was thinking bout attach a small clamp to the rod on the full expanded MSE & then attaching two elastics to the clamp & out thru the diastema to the FM.
These are what the small clampare
34703EA4 5AE5 4CBA 87C9 CF22ECF58FD4

this is how it would look. The red is the clamp & the green are the elastics.
9EFD7212 5779 4005 87FB 061B2ADBCDA2

obviously not the best idea but that’s what I jus thought of. Give me some of your ideas. Let’s brain storm some ways for anyone else that decides to facepull with their mse & doesn’t want to/can’t do it from the molar bands.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, SPFromNY914, Darkstrand and 1 other person
you sure it's even worth facemask at your age? anyway what about this

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and RecessedMaxillacel
I don't think your idea would be good since you aren't grounded to the whole maxilla but rather just pulling on those bony attachment parts that you drilled your mse into, how would you know that you wouldn't be pulling the mse forward into the bone, bone drag is the word?

• +1
Reactions: Agendum and RecessedMaxillacel
you sure it's even worth facemask at your age? anyway what about this View attachment 696981
Can’t hurt to try tbh. I wanna do as much as I can to pull my recessed maxilla forward at least a lil bit. But that’s not bad tbh. Instead of hooked to the arms they could be hooked onto the back rod of the fully expanded mse (for me at least cuz I cut my arms off). They could be two separate rods bent to shape the wrap around the teeth & come out the front, both ends with a hook bent on them to be able to hook around the mse rod & then the other end to attach elastics. That could be a good design?

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Why did you remove the molar bands again?

through the diastema :lul: well not a bad idea I guess, you got the bow? but try attaching multiple clamps, that thin rod will probably bend if the force isn't spread out

• +1
Reactions: RecessedMaxillacel
Why did you remove the molar bands again?
They were pissing me off & jus gettin all in my fuckin way, I woulda ripped the entire fuckin mse out if I kept em on tbh jfl. I only really needed them on for alignment anyways. I was gonna keep em for facepulling until I felt how uncomfortable they were to me.

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
through the diastema :lul: well not a bad idea I guess, you got the bow? but try attaching multiple clamps, that thin rod will probably bend if the force isn't spread out
Nawh not yet I’m going to purchase it here soon tho

@Salience

Attachments

• 71AAF4D5-AB96-4571-862B-DED403F23AC3.jpeg
    71AAF4D5-AB96-4571-862B-DED403F23AC3.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 8
@Salience

Yes that might work, but obviously melt the two joints together don't hook it to the mse the way you did, also another thing, just make sure you can bite down well, something where @nelson design fails. I believe that the fact that his nails which prevent him biting down put even more force on the teeth rather than the bone itself, even though his acrylic isn't touching the teeth

• +1
Reactions: RecessedMaxillacel
working on an appliance that fits in with MSE that lets you close your mouth.

• Love it
Reactions: Salience and RecessedMaxillacel
They were pissing me off & jus gettin all in my fuckin way, I woulda ripped the entire fuckin mse out if I kept em on tbh jfl. I only really needed them on for alignment anyways. I was gonna keep em for facepulling until I felt how uncomfortable they were to me.
Bro that’s how I felt on the first day. It gets better after a couple of days lol.

working on an appliance that fits in with MSE that lets you close your mouth.
Awesome I can’t wait to see it, keep up w the good work man

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL