BSSO relapse in high angle and low angle patients

T

TcEfforts

Iron
To put it shortly, if you are going to have BSSO and have high angle you are almost twice fucked up.

9D822147 013F 495A 91A2 F8B49E63B218

However, these articles are old and I couldn’t find anything related to nowadays. Also, english is not my first language, so I must have missed some points while I was reading.

1- is there a quick method to measure my face to determine if I have high angle or low angle without x-ray? It’s related to Pg variable? I searched for pics on Google for comparison between recessed jaw with high angle and low angle and found nothing at all.

2- What are the new procedures to avoid drastic relapse in patients who have high angle?

is the gonial angle?

Just find happiness in being an Incel

• JFL
Reactions: randomvanish
Have talked to Dr Z about this. He said it depends on HOW high the cut is, HOW much movement there is and WHAT AMOUNT ob relapse we are actually talking about.
Roughly speaking it means that a HIGH cut does not have to be SUPER HIGH and therefore almost equally as stable as the BSSO according to Obwegeser. In addition to that, movements should NOT EXCEED 10mm.
Combined with a little overcorrection, even a relapse of 1 or 2mm is close to irrelevant and the benefits of the HIGH BSSO having LOWER risk for nerve damage outweigh the relapse risk.

Have talked to Dr Z about this. He said it depends on HOW high the cut is, HOW much movement there is and WHAT AMOUNT ob relapse we are actually talking about.
Roughly speaking it means that a HIGH cut does not have to be SUPER HIGH and therefore almost equally as stable as the BSSO according to Obwegeser. In addition to that, movements should NOT EXCEED 10mm.
Combined with a little overcorrection, even a relapse of 1 or 2mm is close to irrelevant and the benefits of the HIGH BSSO having LOWER risk for nerve damage outweigh the relapse risk.
did you get surgery by him?

How is your bite?
Fucked up. 4mm overbite with overjet and slight crossbite. Shit needs to get fixed with braces ASAP and then I'll get bimax next year.

Fucked up. 4mm overbite with overjet and slight crossbite. Shit needs to get fixed with braces ASAP and then I'll get bimax next year.
Okay
Since I have a good bite and not a hard recession
Sadly never saw improvement whit this base

Okay
Since I have a good bite and not a hard recession
Sadly never saw improvement whit this base
Consider yourself lucky. I know of some blokes who have been turned down by Dr Z for bimax, but I guess I'm such an ugly motherfucker that by the end of the consult Dr Z just said we can do whatever I want as long as I truly believe that I need it jfl

• +1
Reactions: pizza and lasthope
Consider yourself lucky. I know of some blokes who have been turned down by Dr Z for bimax, but I guess I'm such an ugly motherfucker that by the end of the consult Dr Z just said we can do whatever I want as long as I truly believe that I need it jfl
Donut get me wrong he doesn’t denied unwound benefit from bimax
He got it that I have no forward growth
But I don know if i would ascend with it
Since another surgeon told me he wouldn’t do bimax in my case

• Hmm...
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
bro this man was so mean to my ideas jfl
if he personally told you about these blokes who wanted bimax that was prolly me

if he personally told you about these blokes who wanted bimax that was prolly me
lol he wasnt mean to me

what you wanted from him?

lol he wasnt mean to me

what you wanted from him?
bsso, bimax, zygo arch osteotomy, nose, and genio (dead srs) :feelscry:

said he could only do genio for me but we will speak again in a week cause I hot ct scan now :feelsrope:
I also contacted other surgeons to see what they would/could do

In what span of time does relapse take place in the worst case? More than a millimeter a year?

Actually confirms my believe that Z somehow liked me, he also told me that I should study medicine because I would have "a thing" for it.. or maybe it was simply because I had traveled from a foreign country more than a thousand miles during covid just to see him so he didn't want to disappoint me jfl.

However, when talking to a surgeon you should always show them that you understand a lot about the subject, that it's well thought through and if you have a past of medical treatments (in my case orthodontics since the age of 9) you always gotta mention that to show it's not just some idea that you've gotten recently from a few looksmax autists.

In what span of time does relapse take place in the worst case? More than a millimeter a year?
Usually most of it happens during the first year. The relapse rate follows a hyperbola pattern where the x axis is time and the y axis the amount of relapse.

Note that by nature a hyperbola never goes to zero. It means you will have relapse for a lifetime, but at some point it gets so minimal that you can't even measure it and the overall aging process is way more of a factor

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin
bsso, bimax, zygo arch osteotomy, nose, and genio (dead srs) :feelscry:

said he could only do genio for me but we will speak again in a week cause I hot ct scan now :feelsrope:
I also contacted other surgeons to see what they would/could do
I mean, demanding all of that comes off as super autistic ngl jfl.

Which other surgeons did you contact? And is it only me or is it somehow super hard to make an appointment and final agreement with Z? Seems to me as if he doesn't need it by any means which is on the other hand a good sign.

• +1
Reactions: sorrowfulsad

Which other surgeons did you contact? And is it only me or is it somehow super hard to make an appointment and final agreement with Z? Seems to me as if he doesn't need it by any means which is on the other hand a good sign.
yeah it is kinda hard ngl I hope we can settle on something in my next appointment
and I didnt say I want them all together
I first sayed bsso and bimax
he denied
and then I just asked what would be possible you know
I hopefully made sure not to come off as an autist
:ogre:

contacted ramieri, which country/continent are you from and why you contacted dr z for your surgeries?

yeah it is kinda hard ngl I hope we can settle on something in my next appointment
and I didnt say I want them all together
I first sayed bsso and bimax
he denied
and then I just asked what would be possible you know
I hopefully made sure not to come off as an autist
:ogre:
PM me your side profile if you want I'm curious what he denied

contacted ramieri, which country/continent are you from and why you contacted dr z for your surgeries?
German speaking country but not germany, contacted Z because of the reviews and reputation he has on jawsurgeryforums, as opposed to ramieri for example.