Build muscle and burn fat at the same time as a natty?!

X

x30001

Kraken
Okay so we know that it is impossible to build muscle and burn fat at the same time without spinning your wheels and without the use of PEDs. Exceptions to this are:

• Noob lifters/ Beginners
  • Obese/Untrained individuals
Natties go through the daunting and humdrum "Bulking and Cutting" phases, tracking micronutrients, calories and overall progress. As a natural, you eat in a caloric surplus and you gain muscle and fat. You eat in a deficit and you lose muscle and fat (for extended periods of time, ie: when bulking/cutting)

It's very hard to be so precise with diet so that you gain more muscle than fat while bulking and lose less muscle than fat whilst cutting. I'm not a fan of the ketogenic diet but unfortunately I'm aware of how detrimental carbohydrates can be when it comes to fat gain whilst eating in a caloric surplus. People feel they need to eat carbs to build muscle, or to survive. That's not true, infact, carbohydrates are the only non-essential macronutrient.

Stumbling blocks whilst trying to achieve optimal body composition naturally.

• Insulin resistance while cutting
  • Insulin spillover whilst bulking
Cutting: What are carbs good for while cutting? Carbs are a useful macronutrient to cause an insulin spike for whatever reason that may be. Generally , high carb foods are the most insulinogenic. Whilst dieting you will find that your glycogen stores in the liver and skeletal muscle tissue will be somewhat depleted. Carbs have 3 roles.

- To be used as glucose to eventually create ATP for the mitochondria to be immediately used as energy.

- To refill depleted glycogen stores via glycogenesis.

- To be transported to adipose tissue (fat tissue) by insulin where the glucose will be broken down into triglycerides.

Insulin spillover occurs when you eat enough carbs so that they can be used for energy, they fully refill glycogen stores in every skeletal muscle tissue and your liver, so any more carbs you eat will result in insulin transporting the glucose to adipose tissue. As you can tell, this is bad. Insulin spillover is usually a stumbling block for those trying to "bulk". Ditch the mass gainers and all the white rolls and be more intricate with what types of food you consume. You are still dieting when bulking. You have to be meticulous if you want the best possible outcome.

Insulin resistance usually happens with high carbohydrate consumption while eating in a caloric deficit. Your body is in an energy deficit and is in a catabolic state more often than it's used to. Your body becomes more sensitive to carbohydrate consumption by it's insulinogenic response to them. ie: you will need far less carbs to refill glycogen stores whilst in an energy deficit, even though your stores will be more depleted than if you weren't in an energy deficit. The body takes on this adaptogenic response and uses carbs for the creation of immediate energy and for glycogen, but is extremely receptive due to the catabolic state of your body. Any excess carbohydrate consumption will insulin resistance. Since you're eating in a caloric deficit, the body has no need to transport glucose to adipose tissue as it is not trying to store fat, it's trying to burn it through other processes I won't get into right now. Insulin spillover and insulin resistance are huge hindrances. Some ways of preventing insulin resistance are.

• Don't over eat carbs
  • Spirulina
  • Ashwagandha
  • Curcumin
  • Intermittent fasting
  • Infrequent eating
  • Lots of activity throughout the day
  • HIIT
and just generally making sure your blood sugar is low. If your blood sugar is low, and you're not consuming anything insulinogenic (note: some protein foods are as/ifnot more insulinogenic than some forms of carbs. Check the insulin index of foods online). Then you should maintain a nice level of insulin sensitivity while dieting.

So. How the fuck do you selectively promote anabolism in skeletal muscle whilst simultaneously promoting catabolic process in other areas (such as fat burning) whilst ensuring you won't cause catabolism in skeletal muscle.

Well: Insulin and 2 amino acids hold the answer.

What you must do is fast. Stop eating and promote catabolism throughout your body. Here's how insulin is released. When you eat food (carbs: direct breakdown into glucose. protein: converted to glucose through gluconeogenis), your body stores glucose in your blood. Insulin and Glucagon are two hormones that act as monitors. When your blood sugar is high, insulin reduces your blood sugar by transporting the glucose out of your blood stream. When your blood sugar is too low, Glucagon increases your blood sugar by transporting glucose into your bloodstream. The real sensor are the beta cells in the 'Islet of Langerhans' in your pancreas. These cells secrete insulin when it detects high blood sugar, or even just when it needs to regulate blood sugar and distribute glucose and transport it to other areas rather than just letting glucose accumulate in the bloodstream. So, now you already know the 3 things glucose can do for you. We know insulin acts as a transporter (I think it uses a transporter called GLUT4 but don't quote me on it), but what does the insulin itself do, does it just disappear? The answer is no. Insulin is the primary activator of anabolic pathways in the body, promoting cellular growth, tumor growth, all sorts of cellular growth. Insulin starts everything off, it can't be selective to any type of anabolism. So insulin itself binds to "Insulin receptors", it attaches to the alpha cells and the beta cells in the receptors "autophosphorylate" the insulin since there's already kinase activity in those cells. The insulin is phosphoralated on tyrosine residues and the result is called IRS. IRS (Insulin Receptor Substrate) has many isoforms, but all isoforms of IRS still lead to the activation of the same growth pathways, the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathways. So, insulin itself has this unique anabolic role and this is why you always hear that it's the most anabolic hormone... because it is! Many of you may have thought that it's main role in "ballooning" muscles was by being an important signalling hub for glycogen synthesis. But muscles can only hold so much water and glycogen. And "storage" is not the same as anabolism or hypertrophy. Insulin is an anabolic hormone and a storage hormone. So, once we have IRS, we immediately activate P85 and PI3K, precursors of many more pathways. PI3K converts PIP2 to PIP3. PIP3 recruits PDK1 which phosphoralates to AKT (AKT and PKB/Protein Kinase B are the same). It's easier to say that insulin activates the AKT pathway, but I deliberately included every single prior pathway because it will be important later. Okay so here's how AKT activation leads to eventual protein synthesis (and many many other anabolic processes which I don't have time to mention in this thread). AKT inhibits TSC2 (Tubleris Sclerosis complex 2). With that inhibited, it's unable to inhibit RHEB (Ras homolog enriched in brain). RHEB is attached to the Ras lysosome in which RAG and Ragulator are also attached to. Activation of the Ras lysosome leads to activation of a whole new pathway called mTORC1 (mammalian Target of Rapamycin Complex 1) mTORC1 phosphoralates into p70s6k which is an extremely important signalling hub for protein synthesis. Pyrimidine synthesis is achieved through phosphorylation to CAD which is a required enzyme in pyrimidine synthesis. Skeletal muscle protein synthesis occurs upon phosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6. S6 being the ultimate substrate of p70s6k. p70s6k also phosphoralates to eEF2K which phosphoralates into eEF2 (eukaryotic Elongation Factor 2) and eIF4B (eukaryotic Initiation Factor 4 B) which phosphorlate to protein S6 which is synthesized in the ribosome of skeletal muscle tissue.

Okay, so is it possible to selectively activate the p70s6k protein without activating AKT or even PI3K in the first place? The answer is maybe. CASTOR1 and Sestrin2 are essentially sensors for the amino acids L-Arginine and L-leucine respectively. CASTOR1 (Cytosolic Arginine Sensor For MTORC1 Subunit 1) is a protein coding gene which is made inactive upon consumption of the amino acid "L-Arginine". The next explanation is convoluted so read carefully. My diagrams should help you understand everything that's going on a bit better. L-Arginine inhibits CASTOR1. CASTOR1 normally inhibits GATOR2, but since CASTOR1 is currently inhibited, it can't inhibit GATOR2. GATOR2 is active. GATOR2 inhibits GATOR1. Since GATOR1 is inhibited, it can't inhibit Rag. Rag is attached to mTORC1 which becomes active through a backdoor without any AKT signalling. Sestrin2 is inhibited by L-Leucine. Sestrin2 inhibits GATOR1 directly. Same result, different backdoor pathways. The problem is that even though the amino acids have no carbohydrates and no calories, they are unique nitrogen containing proteins which are capable of causing the pancreas to release insulin. L-Leucine is known to be more insulinogenic than L-Arginine. But just how insulinogenic are these amino acids? Surely consumption of them (or just L-Arginine) without food shouldn't trigger an insulin response. 2 days ago I found out that IRS has more than 1 inhibitor. Before that, I was only aware that PTEN (Phosphatase and Tensin homolog deleted from Chromasome 10) was the only IRS inhibitor, also inhibiting PIP3, so essentially blocking the anabolic signalling pathways before any pathway becomes active. 2 days ago I found out that p70s6k, the protein responsible for skeletal muscle protein synthesis, is an indirect inhibitor of IRS. It inhibits IRS through a process called negative feedback inhibition.

This leaves us with a problem;

We know that we can selectively activate p70s6k through a backdoor by L-Arginine and L-Leucine consumption and p70s6k inhibits insulin receptor substrate immediately after insulin is autophosphorlated by the insulin receptor. So what happens first? Does consumption of the amino acid(s) cause insulin to be secreted and IRS activates P85 and PI3K before p70s6k is activated so that it can inhibit IRS via negative feedback inhibition? Or does p70s6k get activated faster and can it block IRS before IRS gets the chance to activate the early-stage anabolic pathways? There's no way to know. I was thinking of maybe supplementing with metformin too which will activate AMPK, shutting off AKT, but experimenting with prescription diabeties drugs is just too dangerous.

In a fasted state we can achieve autophagy without skeletal muscle catabolism by having ULK1 active through AMPK activation / AKT shutoff and having p70s6k selectively activated through backdoor process by inhibiting GATOR1 with those 2 amino acids, activating mTORC1 only which will only promote protein synthesis in skeletal muscle and pyrimidine synthesis through the CAD enzyme.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Prettyboy, everythingmatters, Deleted member 2846 and 17 others
I think I'm in love

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RAITEIII, Deleted member 1546 and x30001
didnt read only thing that matters is eating 0.8 - 1g of protein per pound of bw and eating a ton shit of carbs. At the end of the day all that matters is CICO

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: SteveRogers, hypergamy, Deleted member 15827 and 1 other person
too complicated and dnt read, if you get stronger at an exercise while staying the same weight or even losing weight=less fat more muscle
its not rocket science of course its fucking possible jfl everyone has done it at some point in their life

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy, Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 1680 and 1 other person
Didnt read either,
It DOESNT FUCKING WORK SIMPLE AS THAT. Just cut and bulk up to 14% then cut again. Then repeat.
too complicated and dnt read, if you get stronger at an exercise while staying the same weight or even losing weight=less fat more muscle
its not rocket science of course its fucking possible jfl everyone has done it at some point in their life

It doesnt work like that

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680
Maybe someone will help me further test this. In the end we have a catch22 because we don't know if the p70s6k gets activated faster than P85 and PI3K. If p70s6k gets activated first and inhibits IRS, then it's possible! Unfortunately I have a gut feeling that IRS already activates P85/PI3K before the amino acids can activate p70s6k to inhibit IRS :(

But there's been no testing done. And we can always just deliberately activate AMPK even if we can't inhibit IRS in time. The goal is to shut off AKT signalling with p70sk6 protein active.

• +1
Reactions: I'mme, Pendejo and Deliverance
What @weissbier said
On a cut rn and I'm still making gains in particular strength gains its not that hard

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Incoming, Deleted member 2227, Rimcel and 3 others
I can see where you're coming from but you're not causing fat loss and muscular hypertrophy at the same time, you're just losing body fat at a much greater rate than your losing muscle. You may be retaining a lot of your muscle mass even. But you're not building muscle and burning fat in an energy deficit. Heavy weight, high intensity, low volume is a great training regime for recomp and it's what I'm doing right now. Resistance training by itself decreases myostatin in the body as much as ACE-031, Follistatin-344 etc. I think each person has a different threshold to what level they can lower myostatin to. But the threshold is always there. There was a study done where untrained subjects injected with Follistatin could not lower their myostatin to levels where subjects who engaged regularly in heavy resistance training could (without being injected with Follistatin). Heavy resistance training and Follistatin injections weren't synergistic and could not lower myostatin past that genetic threshold.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 439, Pendejo, Deliverance and 1 other person
Or you could just inject

Or you could just inject
Steroids just aren't practical for a lot of people. They can potentially carry long term health consequences for a short term problem.

• +1
Reactions: BigBiceps, middayshowers and x30001
I hate complicating this shit. Eat healthy, take your vitamins, do the protein shakes, and exercise a shit ton.

• +1
Reactions: xForgotMyName and Deliverance
I definitely made gains while losing bodyfat % when I got back into lifting after a long layoff.
Still a weaky incel tho :(

• +1
Reactions: Deliverance
Fuck, been taking citruline instead of arginine while fasted. Rip missed anabolicness.

• +1
Reactions: x30001

This guy released a vid on what I was talking about.

Legit guide for can never be to lean cels

Or you could just inject
Still trying to figure out why someone WOULDN'T use LGD

People will have their face cut open by third world doctors and hang weights off their dick but not take SARMs..

Not one word

Still trying to figure out why someone WOULDN'T use LGD

People will have their face cut open by third world doctors and hang weights off their dick but not take SARMs..
What does LGD do

only reason this thread isnt getting enough attention is because most people are too low iq to understand it
Great thread OP

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, RAITEIII, xForgotMyName and 1 other person
only reason this thread isnt getting enough attention is because most people are too low iq to understand it
Great thread OP
Haha thanks. Obviously this is just theoretical because no one has reported about taking this approach and it being a success, but I don't see why/how this shouldn't work in practice.

Haha thanks. Obviously this is just theoretical because no one has reported about taking this approach and it being a success, but I don't see why/how this shouldn't work in practice.
honestly this is a bit too high iq for me. can you give a tl;dr?
or just how to practically apply this method?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680
are you studying medicine btw?
tubby tub tub of lard

are you studying medicine btw?
tubby tub tub of lard
Yeh but this shit is university level biology, I can understand some of it only because of studying A level biology in school.
Anatomy is the stuff I’m good at

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 439
honestly this is a bit too high iq for me. can you give a tl;dr?
or just how to practically apply this method?
The aim is to have all anabolic pathways shut-off except for the mTORC1 pathway which is responsible for skeletal muscle protein synthesis. mTORC1 can be activated via a back door through L-Arginine and/or L-Leucine consumption. The insulin signalling cascade controls many anabolic pathways in the body (almost all of them, or maybe all of them, idk). PI3K, AKT, mTORC1, mTORC2 are examples of anabolic pathways. Other pathways are involved in anabolic processes that we don't want, (Tumor growth, all types of cell growth, fat storage). Insulin secretion signals the earliest stage pathways, and activation of PI3K or AKT for example leads to activation of many other pathways. mTORC1 is only one of the pathways activated by the insulin signalling cascade. Insulin cannot selectively activate 1 anabolic pathway without activating all of them. However, those 2 amino acids activate mTORC1 selectively. A protein in mTORC1 called p70s6k is the signalling hub for protein synthesis and also dephosphorlates insulin receptor substrate. So through nutrient deprivation we can promote cell survival and healthy catabolism in cells that aren't skeletal muscle. We do this through fasting so that the catabolic pathways activate, without deactivating the mTORC1 pathway which is selectively anti-catabolic to skeletal muscle tissue.
The aim is to have all anabolic pathways shut-off except for the mTORC1 pathway which is responsible for skeletal muscle protein synthesis. mTORC1 can be activated via a back door through L-Arginine and/or L-Leucine consumption. The insulin signalling cascade controls many anabolic pathways in the body (almost all of them, or maybe all of them, idk). PI3K, AKT, mTORC1, mTORC2 are examples of anabolic pathways. Other pathways are involved in anabolic processes that we don't want, (Tumor growth, all types of cell growth, fat storage). Insulin secretion signals the earliest stage pathways, and activation of PI3K or AKT for example leads to activation of many other pathways. mTORC1 is only one of the pathways activated by the insulin signalling cascade. Insulin cannot selectively activate 1 anabolic pathway without activating all of them. However, those 2 amino acids activate mTORC1 selectively. A protein in mTORC1 called p70s6k is the signalling hub for protein synthesis and also dephosphorlates insulin receptor substrate. So through nutrient deprivation we can promote cell survival and healthy catabolism in cells that aren't skeletal muscle. We do this through fasting so that the catabolic pathways activate, without deactivating the mTORC1 pathway which is selectively anti-catabolic to skeletal muscle tissue.
So idk if you'd have to be taking arginine all day and working out fasted. I really don't know how it could be applied. No one has tested it.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII and Deleted member 439

Okay I think I understand

fasting will create catabolic effects breaking down stored gylgogen into glucose for energy, or breaking down of muscle and fat for energy. also insulin wont be secreted because no glucose is being digested. This inhibits insulins activating anabolic pathways including negative ones. Normally this would result in shut down of mTORC1 pathway and because this is used for skeletal muscle build up this means muscle wont be built (maybe lost not sure). However you can isolate this pathway by taking L-arginine or L-leucine, in effect all pathways would be closed expat for mTORC2. this leads to catabolic reaction (breakdown) in the body (fat) while anabolic reactions happen in skeletal muscle.

If i understood correctly I have some questions

1. How would muscles grow without calories or energy? or would the breakdown of fat serve as atp energy for the body to build muscle through mTORC1 pathways? if so then you could build muscles on even 0calories a day?? also would this make you loose fat even faster as the body needs more energy because rather than utilizing muscle as a energy source it has to supply energy to the muscle for anabolic reaction facilitated through mTORC1, so more fat will be burned to get the extra energy?

sorry for the low iq but I got c+ in bio
thanks bro

fasting will create catabolic effects breaking down stored gylgogen into glucose for energy, or breaking down of muscle and fat for energy. also insulin wont be secreted because no glucose is being digested. This inhibits insulins activating anabolic pathways including negative ones. Normally this would result in shut down of mTORC1 pathway and because this is used for skeletal muscle build up this means muscle wont be built (maybe lost not sure). However you can isolate this pathway by taking L-arginine or L-leucine, in effect all pathways would be closed expat for mTORC2. this leads to catabolic reaction (breakdown) in the body (fat) while anabolic reactions happen in skeletal muscle.

1. How would muscles grow without calories or energy? or would the breakdown of fat serve as atp energy for the body to build muscle through mTORC1 pathways? if so then you could build muscles on even 0calories a day?? also would this make you loose fat even faster as the body needs more energy because rather than utilizing muscle as a energy source it has to supply energy to the muscle for anabolic reaction facilitated through mTORC1, so more fat will be burned to get the extra energy?

thanks bro
Yeah, the body still needs glucose as it's main fuel source. The brain and the body needs it. The body can pull glucose from wherever it's stored and use it for energy. I'd only recommend 48-72h fasting or OMAD to achieve autophagy without entering ketosis. When you eat, you can eat mainly protein within a restricted timeframe. The protein will convert to glucose through glucogenesis and will let your brain know that it's still being fueled by glucose rather than ketone bodies. Eating the lowest insulinogenic proteins would be ideal. Keeping eating frequency very infrequent and restricted to a certain timeframe so that your body can enjoy autophagy as often as possible. Obviously when eating a shit ton of protein to break your fast, your body will secrete insulin but the response will be prolonged after eating your meal since protein needs to go through glucogenesis before it can become glucose while carbs get broken down directly and the insulin response is pretty instantaneous. The plan is to supplement with L-Arginine in the fasted phase but also with your meal because we will be switching mTORC1 on and off through the CASTOR1 backdoor. It's not feasible to consume arginine 20 times a day. So we're just trying to activate p70s6k sporadically whilst fasted, but we don't want mTORC1 to be activated 24/7/365 because that's just not possible really. Consuming L-Arginine with the 100% protein meal to break your fast is also a very good idea because the L-Arginine will activate p70s6k faster than insulin can be secreted due to the protein (food) consumption because the protein can't directly be broken down into glucose, but with the absence of carbs, the only way to create more glucose is through glucogenesis. Glucogenesis is just the name of the process whereby proteins are converted to glucose (which is a much longer process than carbs which are pretty much an instant source of glucose). The body can't afford to enter ketosis. We need to ensure it's still relying on glucose as its main fuel source. Our bodies have hundreds of thousands to millions of stored calories, so even after glycogen stores are depleted, glucagon can pull glucose from anywhere to maintain blood glucose. The body is very adaptogenic, it gets used to stimuli and does its best to survive. If we are flicking mTORC1 on/off like a switch, the body will get used to that.

thanks bro
Actual muscle growth is just the synthesis of protein S6. An energy surplus requires intaking more calories than you expend through exercise or lack of nutrients. Eating anything for a period of time will eventually cause your pancreas to secrete insulin, even if you're just eating fats and nothing else. Eventually insulin will be secreted and the anabolic pathways will be activated. AKT signalling is what's responsible for the majority of anabolic pathways. Without AKT signalling it should be impossible to activate mTORC1, but L-Arginine consumption also activates mTORC1 without any food intake or AKT signalling.

EDIT: I hope I'm helping answer your questions.

"How would muscles grow without calories or energy?"

We would have energy and calories in our body even in an extended fast. We've been eating our whole lives as opposed to people who are born into starvation and could never even eat in a caloric surplus in their lives. In their case, they couldn't build muscle because they literally do not have any calories or energy. And the product of ultimate catabolism is death by starvation. Skeletal muscle is a "vanity muscle". It's just about the last thing your body wants to preserve when you're literally fighting to survive. Luckily we have food.

In a period of energy deficit the body switches on AMPK and shuts off AKT, and vice versa. Our aim here is to have AMPK on and AKT off for most of the time (while we fast), but we activate mTORC1 momentarily without activating AKT through L-Arginine, and the body has a chance to synthesize protein in skeletal muscle tissue whilst in an energy deficit (ie: whilst having AMPK signalling turned on and AKT signalling turned off). AMPK and AKT are like a 2 way switch, they can't both be activated at the same time as their roles are entirely opposite.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII and Deleted member 439
there is no logical reason to believe that the bodies of untrained individuals or obese individuals work through DIFFERENT mechanisms than trained individuals. Theres certainly no evidence of it, with the only difference being that trained individuals rate of growth slows down markedly the more developed they become.

Building muscle and losing fat at the same time is routinely observed in weight loss studies. Again, suggesting that they work through completely different mechanisms that dont apply to more slim individuals or trained individuals seems highly unlikely, and is a claim that would require some convincing evidence.

MB-Madaera-before-and-after.jpg

31lbs of fat loss while simultaneously building 11lbs of muscle. This is just one example i cherry picked because its one of the most impressive in terms of the scale. Most get markedly less lean mass growth, but they still grow at the same time all the same. Bodyfat's only purpose other than thermoregulation is to supply energy and i further see no reason to believe this energy cannot be supplied to muscular hypertrophy processes.

its hard to find studies on highly trained populations, but I managed to find this one on rugby players: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20397095

As you can see, there was a decrease in fat mass and an increase in LBM in the same time frame. The effects were small, but present. To reiterate: i see no reason to believe fat/weak people's bodies work differently to trained people. The results are less pronounced but they are still of the similar: fat loss and muscle growth is achieved in the same timeframe. One could argue that this is "muscle memory" compensating after a detraining effect has set in but muscle memory doesnt violate the laws of physics, so to sound more like a broken record: i still see no reason to believe that these people are subject to unique mechanisms.

This all said, i do not encourage a "recomp" which to me has always seemed to be spinning wheels, and its mostly used as an excuse for fat cunts to avoid strictly dieting down. Rather I think fat people, and that means anyone who cannot see their abs relaxed, should focus on losing fat and just keep the protein intake high and intense resistance training 3 x week. Worst case scenario, you maintain your muscle mass. Best case scenario, maybe you gain a few lbs of muscle.
. Skeletal muscle is a "vanity muscle". It's just about the last thing your body wants to preserve when you're literally fighting to survive. Luckily we have food.

This also stood out to me as just conceptually wrong. Theres nothing vain about skeletal muscle. Without skeletal muscle, you are literally INCAPABLE of movement, let alone rapid movement. In the context of fighting for survival, the function and maintenance of skeletal muscle is absolutely crucial so you can acquire FOOD. This is also probably why fasting is more protein sparing than many researchers expected.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
holy shit how do i bookmark threads? its too hot to read it right now

• JFL
Reactions: xForgotMyName
holy shit how do i bookmark threads? its too hot to read it right now
Not sure haha. I'm just really interested in biochemistry and how everything in the body works; longevity pathways, collagen synthesis and things like that. I learned yesterday how the hair loss cure works and it's fucking complicated as hell. (sm04554 is the molecule I'm talking about). Was interesting to learn that there's multiple genes involved in male pattern balding and it all works nothing like how I'd expected it to.

whats dificult about gaining muscle and burning fat at same time?
shit tons of protein , aenerobic exercices, medium to low consumption of carbs

whats dificult about gaining muscle and burning fat at same time?
shit tons of protein , aenerobic exercices, medium to low consumption of carbs
Because it should be physiologically impossible for lipolysis and skeletal muscle protein synthesis to occur at the exact same time due to the reciprocity between AKT and AMPK and the fact that they can't be activated at the same time since their purposes are entirely opposing.

Because it should be physiologically impossible for lipolysis and skeletal muscle protein synthesis to occur at the exact same time due to the reciprocity between AKT and AMPK and the fact that they can't be activated at the same time since their purposes are entirely opposing.

so do you mean it´s impossible for 100 meter runners gain muscle and not get lean?

when you run 100meters you improve your testosterone levels, and you can burn fat long after the run is made.
100meter runners are known to be one of the most lean atletes only 400meter runners beat them in that department

lets face it those men and women are very lean and are muscled. unless you´re talking about the autistic bodybuilding

so do you mean it´s impossible for 100 meter runners gain muscle and not get lean?
View attachment 87411View attachment 87412

when you run 100meters you improve your testosterone levels, and you can burn fat long after the run is made.
100meter runners are known to be one of the most lean atletes only 400meter runners beat them in that department
View attachment 87413View attachment 87414

lets face it those men and women are very lean and are muscled. unless you´re talking about the autistic bodybuilding
I never said runners can't get lean. I just said it should be impossible to have lipolysis and skeletal muscle protein synthesis to occur at the exact same time. But it's actually possible by being in an energy deficit on anabolic steroids or very briefly through L-Arginine supplementation while in a fasted state (where AKT signalling is shut off, AMPK is activated and insulin isn't being secreted).

"I just said it should be impossible to have lipolysis and skeletal muscle protein synthesis to occur at the exact same time "
who cares--- if you see improvment and leaness over time that´s all that matters and it´s clearly possible as speed runners show.

i'm too retarded to understand this, could you provide a tl;dr op? are you saying that when cutting avoid carbs, and when bulking eat carbs?

i'm too retarded to understand this, could you provide a tl;dr op? are you saying that when cutting avoid carbs, and when bulking eat carbs?
No. It's really impractical to burn fat and build muscle at the same time naturally and this works better in theory than in practice. It's by no means a "method".
are you saying that when cutting avoid carbs, and when bulking eat carbs?
No.

No. It's really impractical to burn fat and build muscle at the same time naturally and this works better in theory than in practice. It's by no means a "method".

No.
so your saying that eating at caloric maintenance to lose weight/gain muscle isn't that efficient and bulk/cut cycles are better?

This guy released a vid on what I was talking about.

In Atk and ampk pathways, where does Metformin find its place? I mean it is considered good for cutting right?

I dont know what you guys are talking about.
I eat a deficit for 1 week and Do calisthenics.And cardio.I lost fat. And went from 1 pushup to 3 in 1 week.Its definetly possible.Its happens so quick on me

• JFL
Reactions: xForgotMyName
I dont know what you guys are talking about.
I eat a deficit for 1 week and Do calisthenics.And cardio.I lost fat. And went from 1 pushup to 3 in 1 week.Its definetly possible.Its happens so quick on me

he literally explains in the few first lines that this is not for newbies or people who start as obese lol

he literally explains in the few first lines that this is not for newbies or people who start as obese lol
Not for newbies?I think you mean for newbies

Not one word

Not for newbies?I think you mean for newbies

you can build muscle while losing fat if you're new to lifting, or obese guy losing weight.

op tries to formulate a theory about how you could do this after you're fit and intermediate or advanced natty lifter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2352
you can build muscle while losing fat if you're new to lifting, or obese guy losing weight.

op tries to formulate a theory about how you could do this after you're fit and intermediate or advanced natty lifter
Ohhh okay.

EDIT: It's not impossible for lipolysis and s6 synthesis to occur at the exact same time.

• JFL
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
I never said runners can't get lean. I just said it should be impossible to have lipolysis and skeletal muscle protein synthesis to occur at the exact same time. But it's actually possible by being in an energy deficit on anabolic steroids or very briefly through L-Arginine supplementation while in a fasted state (where AKT signalling is shut off, AMPK is activated and insulin isn't being secreted).
EDIT: It's not impossible for lipolysis and s6 synthesis to occur at the exact same time.

I liked x30001 but this is a perfect example of missing the forest for the trees.