CAFFEINE OVERDOSE - NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE

EvangelicalRapist

EvangelicalRapist

Gold
Around 2 days ago my caffeine powder arrived - 200 g of pure caffeine.

Since I'm generally a hypo responder to caffeine (don't feel anything from lots of energy drinks or coffee) I decided that I need to take a large dose - that is more than 1g at once.
Who knew that what I would end up taking was around 2.5-3 grams of caffeine with my own weight of 62 kg and around 8-9% bf.
Here's how it unfolded:

Hour one: Immediate spike of sensations in the body: Numbness all over the body with a specific striking feeling in the brain. Immediately went to the gym expecting the most productive workout of my life. The reaction time improved, perception of reality was certainly more sensitive.
Hour two: Arrived at the gym. Incredible sickness. Went to the toilet to vomit. Too bad all of the caffeine was already in my bloodstream.
Also threw up in the locker room.
Bald gymcel with a beard (classic) doesn't even ask me about how I feel and just goes: "I hope you clean up".
Hours 3-6: Left the gym in a hurry after doing one set of bicep curls, realizing I don't feel the energy at all. On a road back home experienced visual hallucinations as well as general sickness compared to that of having just eaten a kilo of raw pork. After entering my room fell on the bed with the next 2 hours being very blurred with time passing weirdly.
Hours 6-20: Dante's 9th circle of hell. A true torture.
For 14 hours I would experience an increased heart rate with extreme nausea that would turn into vomiting at any inconvenient move of the body. The sensations in my body were so bad that I just fully opened a window in cold winter, ignoring the cold since it was the least of my concerns. The pain in the chest was so bad that I was expecting to die at any given moment. Breathing was hard, and I had to do it fast despite being tired, due to increased heart rate. No, I didn't go to the ER.

Hours 20-30: Relative ease. The pain and nausea come in waves but aren't so destructive anymore. I could sense the end of this nightmare coming.

After all of above, I somehow had the chance to have a good night sleep, after having not slept for about 40 hours. I threw away the caffeine into the bin. Not touching that ever again. I still have an increased heart rate and some residual chest pain along with trouble breathing. Although it's a day and night difference than what I felt before.

Having experienced this here are some steps that you could take after a suspected caffeine overdose:

1) Call the ambulance: If you have ingested the caffeine more than 10-30 minutes ago it's very likely that all of it is in your system, and depending on the dosage (anything above 5 grams could very well be lethal) you should consider immediately going to the ER.

2) Vomit and take activated coal - that is if you have just ingested a potentially dangerous amount of caffeine.

3) Stay hydrated and take salt - it's going to be very hard to drink water in the later hours after the overdose, however, you should do it even if it means that you have to vomit a lot. Also, take a pinch of salt to have a proper salt concentration. Low salt water would suck salt out of the high-salt brain and cell membranes. Sometimes people on drugs die after drinking too much water.

4) Avoid caffeine - the obvious
(reminder that things like chocolate and Cola contain caffeine)

There isn't really much else you could do. Eating would probably be close to impossible, albeit you should do it as soon as you can.
If you have benzodiazepines you could consider taking them to fall asleep no matter what (later into your OD).

Stay safe!

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: OldRooster, kebab, mewingmaxxer and 3 others
I never consume caffeine

• Woah
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Interesting thread tbh.

Now explain why you left the dc you utter faggot

• JFL
Reactions: Alt Number 3
  • So Sad
Reactions: socialcel
why did you make the font white

Also threw up in the locker room.
Should have taken a picture. Opportunity missed. You need to reevaluate your priorities and your commitment to this board.
lol that some people say they get a buzz from the 30mg of caffiene in a cola drink. It is essentially a placebo at that level.

• +1
Reactions: distance decay
Should have taken a picture. Opportunity missed. You need to reevaluate your priorities and your commitment to this board.
lol that some people say they get a buzz from the 30mg of caffiene in a cola drink. It is essentially a placebo at that level.
Yeah Ive literally never felt the effects of coffee, I can drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee and still go to sleep fine