Can bone cement be used for minor augmentation of the ramus (sides of the jaw)?

Deleted member 399

Deleted member 399

White Worshiping Eugenicist Curry Scum
My jaw is mostly ok, but I desire a bit of angularity. Can this be achieved with bone cement? What does Arnett + Gunson and Eppley say about this?

Sounds like a bad idea. Bone cement is probably more suited for areas where volume is more important that angularity post-op. Such areas include the skull, forehead/brow ridge.

Plus it is not customizable at all unlike an implant.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 399
Plus it is not customizable at all unlike an implant.
I'm only looking for a small amount of projection for angularity so customization in shaping is unnecessary.

I'm only looking for a small amount of projection
And that's exactly the reason you need the customization an implant offers. It's extremely easy to over augment a facial area and even surgeons admit to this. Even if they use implants there's a good chance it turns out to be larger than expected on your face. You don't have better chances at avoiding this with bone cement.

Plus, bone cement would leave you with irregularities and not a smooth jawline which is what you desire.

• +1
Reactions: Pendejo
Similar question -- can bone cement or any other materials be used to augment silicone implants that have already been placed in someone's face?

Similar question -- can bone cement or any other materials be used to augment silicone implants that have already been placed in someone's face?
I don’t think so. At least with HA paste, I think it’s either the paste OR the implant.

suck off my semen

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 399
No man. That's a bad idea. You're better off removing the existing implant and getting a new one that offers more augmentation.
And that's exactly the reason you need the customization an implant offers. It's extremely easy to over augment a facial area and even surgeons admit to this.
That's ok, I'd be ok with revising my augmentation.
Plus, bone cement would leave you with irregularities and not a smooth jawline which is what you desire.
Our bones aren't perfectly smooth like foreign implants. Its ok to have a bit of irregularity. In fact, Eppley's jaw implants look too plastic because of how perfectly smooth they are.

The reason I'm a proponent of HA bone cement is because it mimics actual bone. Its not a foreign body sitting in the face.

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
And that's exactly the reason you need the customization an implant offers. It's extremely easy to over augment a facial area and even surgeons admit to this. Even if they use implants there's a good chance it turns out to be larger than expected on your face. You don't have better chances at avoiding this with bone cement.

Imagine trying to punch someone in the face and finding out there is cement under his skin

• JFL
Reactions: Pendejo
My jaw is mostly ok, but I desire a bit of angularity. Can this be achieved with bone cement? What does Arnett + Gunson and Eppley say about this?
Nigga what you need is a jaw angle implant.

Imagine trying to punch someone in the face and finding out there is cement under his skin
This is what bone cement augmentation looks like:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Pendejo and CarlSagan96
I don’t think so. At least with HA paste, I think it’s either the paste OR the implant.
No man. That's a bad idea. You're better off removing the existing implant and getting a new one that offers more augmentation.

That's ok, I'd be ok with revising my augmentation.

Our bones aren't perfectly smooth like foreign implants. Its ok to have a bit of irregularity. In fact, Eppley's jaw implants look too plastic because of how perfectly smooth they are.

The reason I'm a proponent of HA bone cement is because it mimics actual bone. Its not a foreign body sitting in the face.

That sucks... I don't want to pay for a total revision since I've to find a way to pay for my upcoming eye area overhaul with Taban soon, but I would like maybe 2 more mm of augmentation laterally as well as anteriorly

I would like maybe 2 more mm of augmentation laterally as well as anteriorly
You could get fillers if you really want the augmentation and save money to change the implants later

• +1
Reactions: SurgerySoon