can I major in STEM with average iq?

C

chadpreetcel123

Kraken
I'm a pretty fucking average guy, my IQ is around 105-110 (Don't know if mensa.no is accurate but I got 110)

can I still do a major in STEM if I have average IQ?, isn't everyone in a STEM degree like 120 IQ. I'm currently in high school and most of my grades are B's which isnt that bad

Last edited:
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 2745
Its over i iqmog you by 5 points ldar bro

• Woah
Reactions: Toth's thot
no but you can dye your hair pink and study social studies

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Deleted member 2227, mikeock and 7 others
Just be a police officer, a professional driver or a construction guy, good for 100iq (dumb), average iq is bad. Average anything is bad lmao.
Average anything for women is good enough though ngl.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Deleted member 2227, LowTierNormie and 1 other person
Just be a police officer, a professional driver or a construction guy, good for 100iq (dumb), average iq is bad. Average anything is bad lmao.
Says 192 cm ._.

With 105-110 you can major in a stem field but it will be harder than average for you

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: BigBoy, LordNorwood, chadpreetcel123 and 3 others
Says 192 cm ._.
But i'm way stupider than i used to think in my delusional teenage mind, maybe 100iq.
I only have good conceptional intelligence and i'm able to bypass emotions in thought to grasp alien concepts.
I can see both sides of an argument without emotion getting in the way.

But make me solve an actual problem irl and i'm average.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
yes bro but you will need discipline

JFL at you

where I live, police officers get paid 130k+ salary after 9 years experience. starting pay is 50k which isn't too bad for a starting pay

No.
I am sub average-average.
Tried studying cs, failed.
Being sub aversge-average in iq is fucking awful.
IQ correlates literally with everything except slaying.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
JFL at you

where I live, police officers get paid 130k+ salary after 9 years experience. starting pay is 50k which isn't too bad for a starting pay
Police officer is a job that requires a sense of duty and ability to out yourself in danger.
It's an 100 iq job i'd say. You need to understand the rules, abide by them and enforce them.
Some situational awareness is required, good fitness and a righteous mind.

No.
I am sub average-average.
Tried studying cs, failed.
Being sub aversge-average in iq is fucking awful.
IQ correlates literally with everything except slaying.
105-110 is above average iq lol computer science you need more than the average stem field. It's one of the highest iq majors.

But i'm way stupider than i used to think in my delusional teenage mind, maybe 100iq.
I only have good conceptional intelligence and i'm able to bypass emotions in thought to grasp alien concepts.
I can see both sides of an argument without emotion getting in the way.

But make me solve an actual problem irl and i'm average.
Meaning you're a faliurt?
I fail to see how average iq person gonna sucseed at life.
Police officer is a job that requires a sense of duty and ability to out yourself in danger.
It's an 100 iq job i'd say. You need to understand the rules, abide by them and enforce them.
Some situational awareness is required, good fitness and a righteous mind.
And then you gonna get shot by some crack head.
And there's that.
105-110 is above average iq lol computer science you need more than the average stem field. It's one of the highest iq majors.
Agreed.

Yes but you'll need to study your ass off to mediocre grades.

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 2745
And there's that.

police officers rarely get killed in line of duty

It obviously depends on which neighborhood you're in aswell

Only if you have a normal attention span. Gonna have to study a lot.

Meaning you're a faliurt?
I fail to see how average iq person gonna sucseed at life.

And there's that.

Agreed.
Yeah, i'm a failure compared to what i could've been. I smoked weed excessively for years in late puberty, severely damaging my brain development, especially short term memory. This reduced my practical problem-solving intelligence but didn't affect my conceptual intelligence.
This means i'm too aware of how i should perform, i know what i'm supposed to be able to do but can't do it.

It's basically that i'm intelligent but can't put it to use because of short term memory impairment and i'm painfully aware of everything.
It's my own fault this happened and i just have to live with it.

Not saying i'd be super intelligent without weed, just that i'd have studied better and actually gotten a good job that pays well with better life experience due to higher motivation.
I destroyed my future and have to catch up now.

Yeah, i'm a failure compared to what i could've been. I smoked weed excessively for years in late puberty, severely damaging my brain development, especially short term memory. This reduced my practical problem-solving intelligence but didn't affect my conceptual intelligence.
This means i'm too aware of how i should perform, i know what i'm supposed to be able to do but can't do it.

It's basically that i'm intelligent but can't put it to use because of short term memory impairment and i'm painfully aware of everything.
It's my own fault this happened and i just have to live with it.

Not saying i'd be super intelligent without weed, just that i'd have studied better and actually gotten a good job that pays well with better life experience due to higher motivation.
I destroyed my future and have to catch up now.
So you're not a true low IQ like my self.
Jfl.

So you're not a true low IQ like my self.
Jfl.

what were ur grades like in high school bro

u should take a REAL iq test in person, ur probably not low iq

what were ur grades like in high school bro

u should take a REAL iq test in person, ur probably not low iq
Garfes were generally below average.
I took my countries version of SAT, and In the math part (the part that correlates with IQ the most), I got below average.

All that matters is your test grades. Did you make the grade or not?

Most STEM fields don't require that high iq. You can do design/ project management etc. Instead of physics/software engineering...

Most STEM fields don't require that high iq. You can do design/ project management etc. Instead of physics/software engineering...

I would put software engineering in the non-hard category tbh

Just stay away from anything too math-heavy and you'll be fine

Succeeding in school and work is more about showing up and doing the assigned work on time and making personal connections than having raw intelligence or talent or skill

If you go to 90% of your classes, keep AHEAD of your class (not keep up, ahead) so when the professor goes over the material they are clarifying it for you, kick as much ass as possible in every group project so you make friends with people who will want to work with you in the future, and start trying to get relevant experience in your field before you graduate, you can succeed at anything that holds your interest.

If you do not have the IQ or aptitude for it math will NOT hold your interest. So it's not just "you can do anything if you put your mind to it" it's "you can do anything if your mind is good enough to be put to it"

I wouldn't just go into STEM for the sake of being in a STEM field, in many places skilled trades, boring government jobs, etc. are better paying and leave you more room for fun in your life

• +1
Reactions: chadpreetcel123
anybody can get a Phd in quantum physics if you have some effort

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
  • +1
Reactions: Averagecel