Can lower jaw be advanced without altering lip position?

MaxillaIsEverything

MaxillaIsEverything

Platinum
So my lower jaw is slightly recessed and I would benefit from an advancement functionally too because that is the cause of my slight deep bite. Occlusion/smile etc could be improved with just orthodontic treatment as well (stupid dentist obviously recommends this) without addressing the cause though. Now the problem is my lips right now are literally perfect the way they are positioned. Is jutting your jaw forward an accurate representation of what a jaw advancement would look like? The lower lip is obviously attached to it so will it inevitably move forward as well? In that case even though my profile 3/4 and projection would be better, my lips would look much worse and they are one of my biggest halos. I dont see how it could be avoided though. While the jaw is undoubtedly the problem, should I instead maybe opt to correct my teeth/deep bite with braces and get a chin implant for seemingly better projection of the lower jaw?
My lower third is pretty similar to Pitt’s in that it looks very good from the front (not going to post pics regardless) and better than if it was perfectly developed but has apparent if only slight recession from a 3/4 or side view. Not sure why it is that way but it is what it is.

but good from front

Not advocating recessed features but I am pretty sure it is one the reasons Pitt’s features work so well together. A more masculine and projected lower jaw would take away from his pretty boy features like full lips and positively tilted brows and make him look worse. In my experience guys usually look very good from either the front or the side only. The reason why some pretty boys need to constantly angle fraud with godlike side profiles but much worse fronts. Rarely do you find both but Id take a good front.
Can anyone here comment on how a lower jaw advancement has changed his mouth/lips?

Last edited:
Being slightly recessed always mogs being overly upswung

• +1
Reactions: antiantifa
So my lower jaw is slightly recessed and I would benefit from an advancement functionally too because that is the cause of my slight deep bite. Occlusion/smile etc could be improved with just orthodontic treatment as well (stupid dentist obviously recommends this) without addressing the cause though. Now the problem is my lips right now are literally perfect the way they are positioned. Is jutting your jaw forward an accurate representation of what a jaw advancement would look like? The lower lip is obviously attached to it so will it inevitably move forward as well? In that case even though my profile 3/4 and projection would be better, my lips would look much worse and they are one of my biggest halos. I dont see how it could be avoided though. While the jaw is undoubtedly the problem, should I instead maybe opt to correct my teeth/deep bite with braces and get a chin implant for seemingly better projection of the lower jaw?
My lower third is pretty similar to Pitt’s in that it looks very good from the front (not going to post pics regardless) and better than if it was perfectly developed but has apparent if only slight recession from a 3/4 or side view. Not sure why it is that way but it is what it is.
View attachment 776006
but good from front
View attachment 776012
Not advocating recessed features but I am pretty sure it is one the reasons Pitt’s features work so well together. A more masculine and projected lower jaw would take away from his pretty boy features like full lips and positively tilted brows and make him look worse. In my experience guys usually look very good from either the front or the side only. The reason why some pretty boys need to constantly angle fraud with godlike side profiles but much worse fronts. Rarely do you find both but Id take a good front.
Can anyone here comment on how a lower jaw advancement has changed his mouth/lips?
brad pitt is such a zygoless recessed subhuman

Brad has small chin tbh, but its not bad cause females don't care about masculinity. His best feautures are his exceptionally lean face, wide front palate and a great eye area.

chin wing advancement