Career/major advice for a youngcel

Deleted member 4614

Deleted member 4614

Bronze
hi guys. maybe im stupid for asking this forum this, however any ideas even if retarded can hopefully prompt some discussion.

4.3weighted 10/11 GPA

i’m applying to UCs as thats pretyy much all I can hope to afford (in state)

I understand that CS is probably “best” without taking other things into consideration. I have 0 interest in this though and am probably too stupid to do it.

I was thinking about finance or law. Both seem pretty brutal in terms of work life balance. Both oversaturated too. I am awful at math though, and per my understanding there would be a heavy focus on that in finance.

I scored a perfect score on the reading/writing. UC’s are test blind so I am only mentioning it as those areas I am more proficient in. I have no idea which majors/careers I would become more successful in based off being OK at reasoning and critical thinking type of stuff. Stuff like corpdev seems cool but I don’t think I could even get to that point due to being bad at math, I fully cheated my way through math since 8th grade and know practically nothing above algebra.

Based off that would it make more sense to go into law?

Another “outside the box” option would be becoming a nurse and injecting fillers. I have no idea how autistic this is tbh, to think that by being a PSL autist I would become successful in this. No chance I go to med school/residency and destroy my youth while being broke though, hence nurse not doctor. I do suspect that having an aesthetic eye could be beneficial though, when we consider like 90% of male cheekbone filler results do it completely wrong and create a feminine shape. Schizo ramblings?

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator, DivineBeing and thegoat
College is a scam don't go

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5180, MiroslavBulldosex, DivineBeing and 2 others
If you do go, go cheap and get like a generic business degree while working hard on the side. If you want to go full time to an expensive Uni literally only go for CS no other major is ever worth it.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex, PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 4614
I want to experience my youth too. I agree college for the vast majority isn’t worth it career wise. However, my HS experience was very lackluster and I want to experience an enriching social life.

I would be going to a cheaper school.
I would agree with you but post-covid there isn't really much of a social life in college. Definitely nothing you can't get outside of college by buying a fake id and going to bars.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, MiroslavBulldosex, ROTTING and 1 other person
I'd do what I want if I was you
But you need to know what you want, fun uni life? Money? You want to be good at something?
It's very personal tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
Kys

• Love it
I am personally in the camp that $$ brings me happiness through allowing me to pursue my interests, so it is important to me. Fun uni life— don’t ned party school just want to meet friends lol. Don’t really have any ego stuff about being good at something. Don’t care about job prestige:
I'm a hippie bro I can't give advice :trepidation:

• Love it
take STEM classes your first year just in case you find one you like (engineering, physics, math, computer science, medicine). I thought I hated computer science until suddenly I started to enjoy the stressful projects and suicidal thoughts leading up to exams. But seriously, you might be decent at something you don't think you are.

Even if you don't enjoy something, if you find something that is "eh" that you don't hate, and you're good at it, do it. You may find niches in the career field later on that you actually enjoy and are good at. That's what I'm hoping will happen to me

Also whoever said college social life is done for after covid is a fucking idiot, it's still going strong and well into 2022.
If you live in the US join a fraternity. If not join prestigious clubs/a society as early as possible.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: thereallegend, KraftDurchLeid, Deleted member 4614 and 1 other person
also wrong place to ask this question lol (except for the few normal-ish people here like me)

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and Deleted member 4614
Law, finance, engineering, computer science, and medicine are the money careers. If you are poor at math, then go for law. The other three require a minimum of Calculus I and will implicate decent mathematical talent to get A’s. Also, you can have fun, but academics should be the first priority.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and goat2x
You wont regain hs experience you have to realize that its fucking over, long gone. blackpill 101.

Some of finance is harder than cs by far.

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING, UglyGod360 and Toth's thot
You wont regain hs experience you have to realize that its fucking over, long gone. blackpill 101.

Some of finance is harder than cs by far.
This. If you weren't getting invited to HS parties every weekend & fuckings JB's, then it's most likely over.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5180, thereallegend, goat2x and 1 other person
obviously lol. not sure who ur arguing to. I literally said I wanted an ‘enriching social life’
You mentioned that your hs experience was lacking so you will try to compensate, lol.

Just learn coding bro