Case study:- What someone with low social intelligence actually behaves like and examples of what he should have done/I'd have done in his shoes

That's brutal, I don't think anything but exposure therapy will work, he needs to put himself in social situations while literally wearing a mic, everytime he has a convo he'll bring you the recording and you can tell him what he did wrong and how could've done thing differently. Being overly confident can be useful but clearly he needs some adjustments.
tried helping him, but he refused my advice at first telling me I don't know shit, and that he is respected by his peers.

Then it all blew up and now he has no partner to pair up with next year and no one in his cohort likes him

Let the world teach him. No point wasting your energy on some low iq autist. I can't help but feel pity for him tho.
pretty much. He is too low IQ and arrogant to help out.

tried helping him, but he refused my advice at first telling me I don't know shit, and that he is respected by his peers.

Then it all blew up and now he has no partner to pair up with next year and no one in his cohort likes him
Sounds like he kinda knows but kinda doesn't, if he's not willing to accept should stop interacting with him. Sit him down and explain that he needs to let you help once more and if he declines don't talk to him anymore. :ogre:

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and FailedNormieManlet
Sounds like he kinda knows but kinda doesn't, if he's not willing to accept should stop interacting with him. Sit him down and explain that he needs to let you help once more and if he declines don't talk to him anymore. :ogre:
I'm done with uni and won't be seeing him anymore tbh, he is on his own from now on.

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
That's brutal, does he have any other friends?
Not really if I'll be real.

His other "friends" often complain about him being overly needy, a lot of people dislike him. I only felt bad for him and was nice to him

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
Not really if I'll be real.

His other "friends" often complain about him being overly needy, a lot of people dislike him. I only felt bad for him and was nice to him
He's probably gonna kill himself at some point tbh, having enough intelligence to acknowledge how outcast you are but not smart enough to make the change is a recipe for disaster.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and FailedNormieManlet
He's probably gonna kill himself at some point tbh, having enough intelligence to acknowledge how outcast you are but not smart enough to make the change is a recipe for disaster.
He wasn't even aware of his outcast behaviour until recently. And only then he realised that after reading a fucking book, he is smart but too arrogant and thus will never change. He also I suspect has low verbal IQ, he has a limited vocab imo and isn't very witty

• So Sad
That's brutal, I don't think anything but exposure therapy will work, he needs to put himself in social situations while literally wearing a mic, everytime he has a convo he'll bring you the recording and you can tell him what he did wrong and how could've done thing differently. Being overly confident can be useful but clearly he needs some adjustments.
High iq idea.

Ideally you do this for many social interactions and critique yourself to get better

What’s the follow up on this guy? Has his situation improved at all

Kinda reminds me of myself in my younger days, but it’s quite embarrassing at his age

• +1
What’s the follow up on this guy? Has his situation improved at all

Kinda reminds me of myself in my younger days, but it’s quite embarrassing at his age
He texted me asking if I'm coming back to live at uni after exams.

I said no, I'll probably be staying at home. But might come to visit every now and then.

He responded with

"That's a massive L dude, catch you some other time then."

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GetShrekt, johncruz12345 and lilhorizontal32
Before anyone says "FAILEDNORMIEMANLET WHY ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH SUCH A RETARD?!?" I'm not really "friends" with this dude, we just smoke weed and sometimes hang out, and I give him advice on life and other shit. It's weird, he considers me a very close friend, but I don't really consider myself to be that close with him, there's a weird sort of mental disconnect with him and me. He is now improving since I told him to read the 48 laws of power as a starting point on how to be less socially autistic - but to be frank he was quite reluctant at first and was telling me how he doesn't need any of that shit because he is well respected and a "savage" amongst his peers (oh how wrong he was as you my reader will find out later on in this post)

So how does someone socially retarded behave? I'll give some bullet points
  • He often "brags" about how much of a "savage" he is, his savage behaviour consists of directly arguing with people in class. One such example was, when he was in class and a girl whispered to her friend when he was answering a question during group work (his group already dislikes him due to this behaviour) but he asked the girl "what are you talking about? Do you think you're funny?"
Now many people here will probably say he did the right thing here calling her out on her bs. But no. He did the wrong thing. Firstly he isn't in good company, his group doesn't like him as it is, aggressive behaviour like this isn't going to be seen in a good light. Secondly if those girls just responded with "I'm not sure what you're on about, are you okay?" he'd look like a fucking fool and idiot. Thirdly he is sat with a group of adults, as adults no one cares if you're a fucking "savage".

What he should have done:- He should have either ignored it or if he did really want to speak out on it. Just politely said "excuse me I am speaking right now, it's a bit rude you guys are whispering over me, I'm trying to help everyone out here with my answer" or something along those lines.

• Another example of this guy's autism. He wanted to start a society for the medical speciality he was interested in and some other guys were interested too. He wanted president, but the others in the group decided to designate him the role of "mental health and diversity officer". He got mad and messaged them "what? mental health and diversity officer??" and then further had told one of them "I don't want that role, I could leave that role right now and it wouldn't affect me, I'm literally going to be doing research with a few doctors and it will look good on my application!"
What a fucking idiot, truly a fucking idiot. Firstly he just comes off as arrogant and very unlikeable. The fact the people who wanted to start the society gave him that role behind his back makes laugh, what a fool. If he was a "well respected savage" as he puts it, surely then these people would just give him the role of president as he such an "alpha" :feelskek:. Fucking idiot. Secondly him just getting angry at them is plain stupidity, they just will dislike him more and it gives them further evidence he'd be a shit leader. And the final point. HE IS REPLACABLE. THEY DON'T NEED HIM! They could find another person to replace him within seconds.

What he should have done:- Firstly he should recognise the advantages of such an easy position he was given. Secondly he should have tried to convince the president to switch roles with him next year by telling him how it would benefit both of them e.g. "I think it would be best for both of us if I did a year of diversity officer and then switched with you for president, it would look good on both of our applications as it shows we've had a bit of diversity in our work experience, for example we can both say we know how to deal with the mental health of a team through our role as diversity officer as well know how to lead a team through experiences as president. Thus we would both be overall better team leaders and players". Can you see how much more convincing and likeable my argument sounds vs this idiot?

• When this retard's own friends were complaining to me because he was blowing people's phone up sending messages asking to hang out
This guy has some "friends" (his house mates from last year who literally ditched him JFL) and we were drunk on a night out and they saw me and were speaking to me in a friendly manner. One of them - who I've known for 3 years now. Was telling me how this dude would keep messaging him (he does the same to me and it's very annoying, all of my friends who know him complain about this shit) asking him to hang out and he'd be so intense about it. You'd not answer the text and he would double or even triple text like a retard.

What I would do:- I'd send 1 fucking message and that's it. I'll wait for the reply and if he messages back, he messages back.

When I told him to read 48 laws of power his arrogant delusional worldview came crashing down on him. He started to realise that perhaps he isn't this likeable savage he once thought he was, that he was in fact his arrogant delusional cunt and that most people just avoid him because people aren't naturally confrontational. You see even after reading the 48 laws of power, he still struggles with social situations, he still makes the same mistakes and he still doesn't understand wtf to do.

What distinguishes someone with a decent level of social intelligence and a low level isn't wit or banter (that plays a factor and this case study has a very limited vocabulary) but it's the ability to understand covert communication as well as knowing how others will feel. He just goes off on whatever his emotions tell him and refuses to think, he can't take a hint and doesn't understand that people don't need to be direct to send a message.

I've known this guy for a few years and this stuff is merely touching the surface on his delusion and autism. He isn't a bad person, but is very arrogant and his inability to read social situations or understand how to sweet talk people will fuck him up in the future for sure. His lack of subtlty, his use of simple words, his lack of ability to engage in a higher form of intellectual conversation, etc. It makes him just appear like a loud brute and that sort of image doesn't play well amongst university students especially medicine students who are normally quite smart and come from educated backgrounds.
I don’t know man, people like this are always the most successful.

• JFL
He texted me asking if I'm coming back to live at uni after exams.

I said no, I'll probably be staying at home. But might come to visit every now and then.

He responded with

"That's a massive L dude, catch you some other time then."
Seems like he’s getting better

Also do more of these if you can, really enjoy reading your irl stories

• +1
I don’t know man, people like this are always the most successful.
In what world are disliked outcasts the “most successful” :lul:

• +1
Seems like he’s getting better

Also do more of these if you can, really enjoy reading your irl stories
I might end up working in scientific sales after I graduate. So I should hopefully have lots of stories. But that's if I am lucky enough jfl

• +1
In what world are disliked outcasts the “most successful” :lul:
I mean the aggressive, loud, arrogant and confident people, if he was tall and acted more NT he would be respected instead

• JFL
I mean the aggressive, loud, arrogant and confident people, if he was tall and acted more NT he would be respected instead
Maybe, but he isn't charismatic jfl. Look at what happened when he wanted to get a higher position in his society. He just looked like an idiot

• +1
Reactions: ballskin
Maybe, but he isn't charismatic jfl. Look at what happened when he wanted to get a higher position in his society. He just looked like an idiot
This stuff is complex man, some people can do this stuff and be thirsted on and for others it doesn’t suit them

Amazing in-depth thread, the possibility of finding myself in this predicament is a bit terrifying.
Could you see yourself in that position, sort of clueless, out of touch and valuing yourself disproportionately? Has anything helped you get in touch with reality and being a normal person?

Has he changed at all since the last update you made in this thread?

Last edited:
This stuff is all so foreign to me like talking to people and stuff lol