Collagen Maxxing: The Evidence-Based Guide

To fully optimize our skin's ability to promote collagen production, we need to understand the process of collagen synthesis on a fundamental level. When mRNA moves into the cytoplasm and interacts with ribosomes, both magnesium and zinc are needed for translation to occur. After translation, this polypeptide chain travels to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). The polypeptide chain undergoes enzymatic modifications, including hydroxylation of proline and lysine which requires iron and vitamin C as cofactors (and oxygen). This process creates procollagen which is released from the fibroblast. The ends of the procollagen molecule are removed by peptidases and the molecule becomes tropocollagen. Tropocollagen undergoes covalent bonding through lysyl oxidase and this creates a collagen fibril. tl;dr magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamin C are necessary co-factors.

Now I know PSL autists are obsessed with carotenoids. Beta-carotene increases type I procollagen mRNA levels, but procollagen is a precursor and not collagen itself so this will not give us noticeable enough results. We need to upregulate gene expression in order to synthesize a functional product. Astaxanthin with hydrolyzed collagen upregulates type I procollagen gene expression and decreases MMP-1 and -12. MMP-1, the prototypical MMP, degrades collagen types 1 and 3. Polyphenols will take this a step further within the sub-class of proanthocyanidins. Specifically, pycnogenol stimulates type I collagen synthesis in subjects’ skin by increasing gene expression by 41%. tl;dr astaxanthin, collagen peptides, and pycnogenol (OPCs).

The main goal should be to find exogenous ways to stimulate type I collagen synthesis since it’s the most abundant collagen found in the skin, and it is the most significant one we lose as we age. Orthosilicic acid stimulates collagen type 1 synthesis and osteoblastic differentiation in human osteoblast-like cells. Processed panax ginseng, sun ginseng stimulates type I collagen by regulating MMP-1 and TIMP-1 expression in human dermal fibroblasts. 10-hydroxy-2-decenoic acid, a characteristic constituent of lipids from honeybee royal jelly extract, stimulates normal human dermal fibroblast cell lines and produce transforming growth factor(TGF) β1, a cytokine that stimulates collagen synthesis. Aloe vera is already mentioned on this forum, but the polysaccharide acemannan in aloe is what causes collagen biosynthesis. tl;dr orthosilicic acid (BioSil), red panax ginseng, honeybee royal jelly extract, and aloe vera.

There are other nutraceuticals, but all the oral supplements I listed are the most evidence-based to promote collagen production. When it comes to skincare, water is wet. But tretinoin increases type I and type III collagen as well as inhibits the expression of MMP-1, which I mentioned breaks down collagen. Topical vitamin C also stimulates type I and type III collagen synthesis. Vitamin C suppresses MMPs responsible for collagen degradation and increases the tissue inhibitor of MMPs, as well as mRNA levels of collagens I and III. Ferulic acid stabilizes solutions of vitamins C and E and doubles its photoprotection of skin so if you’re buying a vitamin C serum without it then it’s over for you. The vitamin C serum also must have a pH below 3.5 for effective penetration. Ascorbic acid serums must be at least 10% to be effective. The maximum amount of ascorbic acid penetration was seen at 20% with a pH of 3.2, so a vitamin C serum with this concentration will give you the best results. Topical 5% niacinamide may stimulate collagen synthesis and the epidermal proteins. Apparently niacinamide had no strong documented effect on collagen, but a study showed that niacinamide was able to increase dermal matrix collagen production. 20% Glycolic acid treatment also increases type I collagen mRNA and hyaluronic acid content of human skin. tl;dr 0.025%+ tretinoin, 20% vitamin c with e and ferulic acid, 5% niacinamide, 20% glycolic acid peels.

For cosmetic peptides, @x30001 would often shill the use of GHK-cu since copper peptides do stimulate collagen synthesis by a noticeable percent. But if they’re overused, GHK-cu can cause more damage than good (can cause a crepey skin texture). So no need to use it yet since you’re all still teencels. Also there are better proven peptides for collagenmaxxing pursuits. Matrixyl 3000 (trademark for palmitoyl tripeptide-1 and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) stimulates type I collagen, fibronectin, and hyaluronic acid. The 8% concentration is the highest concentration proven to be effective in vivo. Matrixyl synthe'6 (trademark for palmitoyl tripeptide-38) stimulates type I, type III, and type IV collagen, as well as fibronectin and hyaluronic acid. The 2% concentration is the highest concentration proven to be effective in vivo. The original Matrixyl (trademark for palmitoyl pentapeptide-4) also stimulates collagen types I, III, and IV, as well as elastin and fibronectin. Tetrapeptide-21 and EGF (human oligopeptide-1) are also often sought after by the foid skincare community. tl;dr matrixyl, matrixyl 3000, matrixyl synthe'6, tetrapeptide-21, and egf.

Another skincare ingredient this site has never heard of is centella asiatica extract or madecassosides. Madecassosides stimulate type I collagen synthesis in human dermal fibroblast cells. Referring back to process of collagen synthesis, centella asiatica increased the metabolism of lysine and proline, the amino acids that I mentioned that build the collagen molecule. In addition, these compounds increased the synthesis of tropocollagen and mucopolysaccharide in the connective tissues. You need to find a cream with at least 0.1% madecassosides.

As a reminder for sunscreen, it needs to be SPF 50+ PA++++. UVA rays cause tanning, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, while UVB causes sunburn. SPF only rates UVB, while the PA system (or PPD) rates UVA. The sunscreen should consist of photostable UV filters too so ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide mog oxybenzone and benzophenone.

Use https://incidecoder.com/ if you need help finding specific ingredients, but this thread was just an overview for a future thread that will go over the routine.

Sources:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507709/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4390761/
https://www.pycnogenol.com/fileadmi...chures/Pycnogenol_OralSkinCare_EN_161_WEB.pdf
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12633784/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3659568/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583892/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11407971/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16185284/
https://kindofstephen.com/skin-penetration-of-ascorbic-acid/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2921764/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11359487/
http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/Matrixyl3000report.pdf
http://www.beautyandskin.co.nz/i/images/matrixylsynth6copy.pdf

Everyone who asked to be tagged and a couple others:
@mido the slayer, @Don't Forget to mew, @Dyorotic2, @ThreadMatters, @GarouTheIncel, @Tortereeno, @looksaboveeverything, @alexjones, @Merlix, @Good_Little_Goy, @Lorsss, @her, @Kingkellz

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: xeqri, john788, bndar.337 and 233 others
Holy shit, already added to Best of Best? I appreciate it.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: totallynotnash, IndraBC, Maalik and 42 others
high iq high effort,reped

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: urielRanhel, nigkook, mmkamron and 21 others
Very high iq thread

• +1
Reactions: nigkook, Gon, shahid khan and 6 others
I'll read later, thanks for the tag.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nigkook, IndraBC, A23ghskung and 4 others
YOU REALLY DIDNT MENTION ANVAR?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mike141, Gaia262, Deleted member 20652 and 5 others
No mention of androgen receptor maxxing which are responsible for 50% of collagen in skin, shitpost-tier thread.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Mike141, totallynotnash, Gaia262 and 22 others
just use a few percentage of ghk-cu you wont find 10% so it doesnt matter

• +1
Reactions: Edgar, Deleted member 906 and Good_Little_Goy
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Christiano, sladeee, FailedNormieManlet and 19 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: xeqri, niggersodomizer69, mogstars and 23 others
GigaHighIQ thread OP, boomarking

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906
Thankyou for the tag, will read in a bit
why you tag don’t forget to mew tho?

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga, Dara327 and Deleted member 906
Good thread but trentinoin reduces fat pads which makes you age more

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Scarfaced, Deleted member 20565, Deleted member 15827 and 15 others
YOU REALLY DIDNT MENTION ANVAR?
No mention of androgen receptor maxxing which are responsible for 50% of collagen in skin, shitpost-tier thread.

"These data suggest oxandrolone can stimulate production of osteoblast differentiation markers in proliferating osteoblastic cells, most likely through the androgen receptor; however, with longer treatment in mature cells, oxandrolone decreases collagen expression."

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Mike141, hattrick, Baldingman1998 and 11 others
Very nice bro it’s already in the best of best while my thread is not and hyaluronic acid is as important as collagen in term of skin health 🥺

I guess mods don’t like me

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zeshama, dannydipss, Hernan and 7 others

F0ED1457 525B 4FAE 8FCF B57D6511699A

• +1
Reactions: ronald_98, Krezo, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
Very nice bro it’s already in the best of best while my thread is not and hyaluronic acid is as important as collagen 🥺

I guess mods don’t like me
I loved that thread brah @Kingkellz correct this injustice

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 906, Good_Little_Goy and 1 other person
Can you recommend any products tbh? I want to be spoonfed tbh ngl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Fear, nordicel, Deleted member 15302 and 18 others
"These data suggest oxandrolone can stimulate production of osteoblast differentiation markers in proliferating osteoblastic cells, most likely through the androgen receptor; however, with longer treatment in mature cells, oxandrolone decreases collagen expression."
@Latebloomer10

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and Deleted member 6217
thanks bro, I'm gonna look into the product
if you get it be careful with it, maybe just try their glycolic acid toner first to build up a tolerance

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and sytyl

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 906 and Chintuck22
Can you recommend any products tbh? I want to be spoonfed tbh ngl
Find yourself a Madecassoside cica product with all 4 centella triterpenoids/patented centella extracts, here are a couple:
- Sioris A Calming Day Ampoule - 2% Supercentella and 1% Centella Extract.
- Sidmool Cicaheals Cream - 0.9% TECA + 0.2% madecassoside
- Sidmool Good Spot Ointment - 1% TECA + 0.5% madecassoside
- Sidmool Centella Lip Essence - contains TECA + madecassoside (0.5% total)
- Sidmool Source Centella Powder - contains 1.5% TECA, 0.5% madecassoside
- Sidmool Centella Essential Gel, Sidmool Madagascar Centella line, Galaktoside line, Dr Troub Sebumzero Centella Powder - contain TECA +Madecassoside
- Sidmool Dr Troub Mild Toner and Zinc 25% Ampoule - TECA
- Sidmool Macenna 115 Ampoule - 1% Madecassoside + 1% TECA
- Skin&Lab Medicica line - contains all 4 triterpenoids.
- skin1004 Madagascar Centella ampoule - contains TECA

Or alternatively just get A'pieu Madecassoside Cica Gel (what I use)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: bobsmith03, Darwined, Zylk and 16 others
this is extremely High IQ that i literately dunno wut to do

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES, xeqri, shahid khan and 20 others
@Latebloomer10
cant you cycle it then?

• +1
Good thread but any studies on humans with centella extract?

Also, how helpful is pyconogenol? It's pretty expensive and I'm already taking astaxanthin.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 906, aphoria, Chintuck22 and 1 other person
Did read and very good thread ofc

some basic stuff about skincare but its always good to look into the actual process of things as opposed to just a list of products.

oral supplements, diet and micronutrients are severely under talked in skincare because of the way the industry is so it’s good to see those areas covered.

Curious if anything about the gut biome came up in your research?

this is extremely High IQ that i literately dunno wut to do
wait for his routine thread and ask for a tag I guess.

tag me in the routine thread too if possible.

• +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES, Deleted member 906, aphoria and 1 other person
High iq

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and Chintuck22
Just eat well, work out, do cardio, hydrate enough and use retin A and sunscreen

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, zeshama, Deleted member 20565 and 16 others
Didnt read since ita to long, just tell me what i should take or do

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aldhahrani, looksseg, Edgar and 12 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ronald_98, oldcelloser, ElySioNs and 7 others
Centella works for me

Can u make a skincare protocol for optimal collagen without retinA? Is niacinamide legit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and sytyl
To fully optimize our skin's ability to promote collagen production, we need to understand the process of collagen synthesis on a fundamental level. When mRNA moves into the cytoplasm and interacts with ribosomes, both magnesium and zinc are needed for translation to occur. After translation, this polypeptide chain travels to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). The polypeptide chain undergoes enzymatic modifications, including hydroxylation of proline and lysine which requires iron and vitamin C as cofactors (and oxygen). This process creates procollagen which is released from the fibroblast. The ends of the procollagen molecule are removed by peptidases and the molecule becomes tropocollagen. Tropocollagen undergoes covalent bonding through lysyl oxidase and this creates a collagen fibril. tl;dr magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamin C are necessary co-factors.

Now I know PSL autists are obsessed with carotenoids. Beta-carotene increases type I procollagen mRNA levels, but procollagen is a precursor and not collagen itself so this will not give us noticeable enough results. We need to upregulate gene expression in order to synthesize a functional product. Astaxanthin with hydrolyzed collagen upregulates type I procollagen gene expression and decreases MMP-1 and -12. MMP-1, the prototypical MMP, degrades collagen types 1 and 3. Polyphenols will take this a step further within the sub-class of proanthocyanidins. Specifically, pycnogenol stimulates type I collagen synthesis in subjects’ skin by increasing gene expression by 41%. tl;dr astaxanthin, collagen peptides, and pycnogenol (OPCs).

The main goal should be to find exogenous ways to stimulate type I collagen synthesis since it’s the most abundant collagen found in the skin, and it is the most significant one we lose as we age. Orthosilicic acid stimulates collagen type 1 synthesis and osteoblastic differentiation in human osteoblast-like cells. Processed panax ginseng, sun ginseng stimulates type I collagen by regulating MMP-1 and TIMP-1 expression in human dermal fibroblasts. 10-hydroxy-2-decenoic acid, a characteristic constituent of lipids from honeybee royal jelly extract, stimulates normal human dermal fibroblast cell lines and produce transforming growth factor(TGF) β1, a cytokine that stimulates collagen synthesis. Aloe vera is already mentioned on this forum, but the polysaccharide acemannan in aloe is what causes collagen biosynthesis. tl;dr orthosilicic acid (BioSil), red panax ginseng, honeybee royal jelly extract, and aloe vera.

There are other nutraceuticals, but all the oral supplements I listed are the most evidence-based to promote collagen production. When it comes to skincare, water is wet. But tretinoin increases type I and type III collagen as well as inhibits the expression of MMP-1, which I mentioned breaks down collagen. Topical vitamin C also stimulates type I and type III collagen synthesis. Vitamin C suppresses MMPs responsible for collagen degradation and increases the tissue inhibitor of MMPs, as well as mRNA levels of collagens I and III. Ferulic acid stabilizes solutions of vitamins C and E and doubles its photoprotection of skin so if you’re buying a vitamin C serum without it then it’s over for you. The vitamin C serum also must have a pH below 3.5 for effective penetration. Ascorbic acid serums must be at least 10% to be effective. The maximum amount of ascorbic acid penetration was seen at 20% with a pH of 3.2, so a vitamin C serum with this concentration will give you the best results. Topical 5% niacinamide may stimulate collagen synthesis and the epidermal proteins. Apparently niacinamide had no strong documented effect on collagen, but a study showed that niacinamide was able to increase dermal matrix collagen production. 20% Glycolic acid treatment also increases type I collagen mRNA and hyaluronic acid content of human skin. tl;dr 0.025%+ tretinoin, 20% vitamin c with e and ferulic acid, 5% niacinamide, 20% glycolic acid peels.

For cosmetic peptides, @x30001 would often shill the use of GHK-cu since copper peptides do stimulate collagen synthesis by a noticeable percent. But if they’re overused, GHK-cu can cause more damage than good (can cause a crepey skin texture). So no need to use it yet since you’re all still teencels. Also there are better proven peptides for collagenmaxxing pursuits. Matrixyl 3000 (trademark for palmitoyl tripeptide-1 and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) stimulates type I collagen, fibronectin, and hyaluronic acid. The 8% concentration is the highest concentration proven to be effective in vivo. Matrixyl synthe'6 (trademark for palmitoyl tripeptide-38) stimulates type I, type III, and type IV collagen, as well as fibronectin and hyaluronic acid. The 2% concentration is the highest concentration proven to be effective in vivo. The original Matrixyl (trademark for palmitoyl pentapeptide-4) also stimulates collagen types I, III, and IV, as well as elastin and fibronectin. Tetrapeptide-21 and EGF (human oligopeptide-1) are also often sought after by the foid skincare community. tl;dr matrixyl, matrixyl 3000, matrixyl synthe'6, tetrapeptide-21, and egf.

Another skincare ingredient this site has never heard of is centella asiatica extract or madecassosides. Madecassosides stimulate type I collagen synthesis in human dermal fibroblast cells. Referring back to process of collagen synthesis, centella asiatica increased the metabolism of lysine and proline, the amino acids that I mentioned that build the collagen molecule. In addition, these compounds increased the synthesis of tropocollagen and mucopolysaccharide in the connective tissues. You need to find a cream with at least 0.1% madecassosides.

As a reminder for sunscreen, it needs to be SPF 50+ PA++++. UVA rays cause tanning, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, while UVB causes sunburn. SPF only rates UVB, while the PA system (or PPD) rates UVA. The sunscreen should consist of photostable UV filters too so ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide mog oxybenzone and benzophenone.

Use https://incidecoder.com/ if you need help finding specific ingredients, but this thread was just an overview for a future thread that will go over the routine.

Sources:

Everyone who asked to be tagged and a couple others:
@mido the slayer, @Don't Forget to mew, @Dyorotic2, @ThreadMatters, @GarouTheIncel, @Tortereeno, @looksaboveeverything, @alexjones, @Merlix, @Good_Little_Goy, @Lorsss, @her, @Kingkellz
Shit thread (As usual) + Motivation for me to make even better guide that will mog yours

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ripikke, Deleted member 15827, hairyballscel and 5 others
Vitamin C, oral, can make a HUGE difference in skin smoothness and texture (if taken correctly). It‘s rarely reduced collagen synthesis which is the problem at our ages. Start ingesting ascorbic acid at 1,000-2,000 mg doses spaced throughout the day with a total daily intake of ~75% of your bowel tolerance and eat some gelatin (glycine, proline) and unprocessed sugar cane syrup (iron) every day. Be warned tho that repairing your skin and soft tissues might cause some „youthful puffing up“ of your face/more fullness.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member, Lmao and 10 others
Vitamin C, oral, can make a HUGE difference in skin smoothness and texture (if taken correctly). It‘s rarely reduced collagen synthesis which is the problem at our ages. Start ingesting ascorbic acid at 1,000-2,000 mg doses spaced throughout the day with a total daily intake of ~75% of your bowel tolerance and eat some gelatin (glycine, proline) and unprocessed sugar cane syrup (iron) every day. Be warned tho that repairing your skin and soft tissues might cause some „youthful puffing up“ of your face/more fullness.
Nice I always know 1000 mg Vit C and collagen peptides are good of not the best thing to take orally

Suger and sun is the worst for skin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906, Eduardo DOV, Sikkunt23 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, AscendingHero, Apeiron and 10 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and lifestyle21873
You're too high IQ for this site. Thx for posting anyway :feelsokman:

• +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES, Deleted member 906 and Cope
would this be noticeable at a low body fat %? as in sub 12....
I noticed a little more fullness to my cheeks when smiling and incredibly softer skin rather quickly. So, yeah, I guess it might be noticeable. It isn’t necessarily a bad thing tho, since it isn‘t fat. It‘s just a healthier, more youthful look that you‘re not used to

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Acnno, Deleted member 906, hairyballscel and 1 other person
im too low iq for this can anyone tell me what products or give some example of a routine that i should use?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES, wollet2, Baldingman1998 and 7 others
dn rd yet cause im at school but suncreen and retinA

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and Eduardo DOV
Good thread but any studies on humans with centella extract?

Also, how helpful is pyconogenol? It's pretty expensive and I'm already taking astaxanthin.
I forgot to add it to the OP, there's one in vivo study on it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3834700/

I think we talked about this in PM, you can use another OPC like grape seed extract but you probably won't get the same result.

Shit thread (As usual) + Motivation for me to make even better guide that will mog yours
Your DHT guide looked like a 6th grade science project, any child could've compiled that information together. All it took was me to recommend that people take topical androgens like Androsterone and 11-KDHT and those alone would completely outperform your entire guide. And all you did was restate information that was posted in previous threads. I'm smarter than you, know your place.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: looksmaxqt, incel194012940, Deleted member 15827 and 10 others
I forgot to add it to the OP, there's one in vivo study on it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3834700/

I think we talked about this in PM, you can use another OPC like grape seed extract but you probably won't get the same result.

Your DHT guide looked like a 6th grade science project, any child could've compiled that information together. All it took was me to recommend that people take topical androgens like Androsterone and 11-KDHT and those alone would completely outperform your entire guide. And all you did was restate information that was posted in previous threads. I'm smarter than you, know your place.
bro can you help me

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and Cope
I noticed a little more fullness to my cheeks when smiling and incredibly softer skin rather quickly. So, yeah, I guess it might be noticeable. It isn’t necessarily a bad thing tho, since it isn‘t fat. It‘s just a healthier, more youthful look that you‘re not used to
lifefuel for my zombie eyes tbh, thanks

• +1
No. Excess of free radicals and lack of antioxidants and skin-building nutrients is
Cacao nibs,matcha green tea,leafy greens,and berries and also astaxanthin are one of the strongest sources of antioxidants

Vit C with E and ferulic acid + sunscreen is one key to fight against day to day pollution and free radicals in the daily basis

I’m I missing something?

• +1
Reactions: looksseg, Acnno, Deleted member 906 and 2 others
Curious if anything about the gut biome came up in your research?
It didn't but I plan on making a "neurotransmittermaxxing" thread in the future too help with lowering inhibition, promoting neurotypical behavior, etc. I'm currently experimenting though, trying to find the right substances to create an ideal stack for users here.

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • Woah
Reactions: Yerico7, AscendingHero, Apeiron and 9 others