Design jaw wrap around and cheek

Sal123

Sal123

Diamond
Hey guys, I’m gonna design cheek implants and jaw soon, my goals are to create a prominent ogee curve, look less bloated, fix under eye hollowness, fix midface. I like the current shape tho there’s things I’d Amend but looks like he’s changed the shape completely already, Can you help me with the design process so I get it right this time, at first we discussed that the chin was perfect and would not change it but now he wants to change that too because he said it’s too wide to create the ogee curve.

Attachments

• A6D0EE4C-26C6-4CBE-8AC1-2AD31BE20C10.jpeg
    A6D0EE4C-26C6-4CBE-8AC1-2AD31BE20C10.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 98
  • F98C6185-A38B-4A5B-9352-488FBB8A7486.jpeg
    F98C6185-A38B-4A5B-9352-488FBB8A7486.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 106
  • +1
Reactions: BradAniston, randomvanish, Wallenberg and 1 other person
how can we help you if we dont see your face jflol

I just want an ogee curve and make my jaw more angular like the morph, I currently makes me looks bloated and thick as it’s more convex

Attachments

• 4D9982D4-8D36-41AD-9813-75BE64C66AF7.jpeg
    4D9982D4-8D36-41AD-9813-75BE64C66AF7.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 106
  • F186751E-2022-409B-940D-FF398038FD2B.jpeg
    F186751E-2022-409B-940D-FF398038FD2B.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 106
@homo_faber

Hey guys, I’m gonna design cheek implants and jaw soon, my goals are to create a prominent ogee curve, look less bloated, fix under eye hollowness, fix midface. I like the current shape tho there’s things I’d Amend but looks like he’s changed the shape completely already, Can you help me with the design process so I get it right this time, at first we discussed that the chin was perfect and would not change it but now he wants to change that too because he said it’s too wide to create the ogee curve.

You already have a wrap around jaw implant with Dr defrancq.

Can't believe you used him but ok

You already have a wrap around jaw implant with Dr defrancq.

Can't believe you used him but ok
Gonna amend it , I did improve me but there’s things that bug me , like lack of concavity

Who's the surgeon?

Gonna amend it , I did improve me but there’s things that bug me , like lack of concavity

Dr Defranqc jewed you bro, don't give him more money wtf. He is a trash tier surgeon. This forum knows how much I hate him

thought you would learn by now implants just give you a bloated look on thick skin.

Stick to orthognathic surgery

• +1
Reactions: TurkishAscender
Can you add filler in select places on top of a wraparound implant? If so then it would mean you wouldn’t have to have the current implant removed/reshaped, saving you another trip to the operating table

Can you add filler in select places on top of a wraparound implant? If so then it would mean you wouldn’t have to have the current implant removed/reshaped, saving you another trip to the operating table
Good question, thing is the implant is convex from
Superior to inferior so it creates a shadow on the part which should be the outer part of the implant , make mandible look thick. Also the doctor make screw holes yet didn’t fill in all the screws so fot some reason the unfilled hole on left right of my chin has attached to my skin creating a hole,. If it was the gonials alone I could have got filler but there’s other problems u see

• +1
Reactions: APJ
Dr Defranqc jewed you bro, don't give him more money wtf. He is a trash tier surgeon. This forum knows how much I hate him

thought you would learn by now implants just give you a bloated look on thick skin.

I mean he’s not a Jew because his prices are really good plus he isn’t charging me for the revised jaw, just for the material. And tbh I did improve in loolks, it’s just the bloat and the convexity of the whole thing , why do u hate him? Orthogonal surgery is too extreme for me and I really want something easier, my intention is to get them removed aged 45

• +1
Reactions: TurkishAscender and Wallenberg
I mean he’s not a Jew because his prices are really good plus he isn’t charging me for the revised jaw, just for the material. And tbh I did improve in loolks, it’s just the bloat and the convexity of the whole thing , why do u hate him? Orthogonal surgery is too extreme for me and I really want something easier, my intention is to get them removed aged 45

He jewed you bro, he isn't cheaper as you are practically paying double then if he did it right in the first place.

Most likely just wants to practice on your face, seems to have a trend on giving ethnics these shitty implants instead of real bone surgery.

Good question, thing is the implant is convex from
Superior to inferior so it creates a shadow on the part which should be the outer part of the implant , make mandible look thick. Also the doctor make screw holes yet didn’t fill in all the screws so fot some reason the unfilled hole on left right of my chin has attached to my skin creating a hole,. If it was the gonials alone I could have got filler but there’s other problems u see
By ‘convex from superior to inferior’ you mean that the part of the implant closer to your bottom teeth sticks further out than the part closer to the bottom of your jawline? I can see how filler in the latter part would risk making the jawline look overdone. What about getting the Dr to shave the convex superior part down a bit, I wonder if that’s not so different to shaving down bone.

Also you look pretty lean already so this might be a silly question but have you tried leaning out even more? Might get a better idea of what you’re working with

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg

He jewed you bro, he isn't cheaper as you are practically paying double then if he did it right in the first place.

Most likely just wants to practice on your face, seems to have a trend on giving ethnics these shitty implants instead of real bone surgery.
Did u actually have surgery by him? Or see his before and afters, to achieve the same shape a jaw implant gives would require lots of surgery (geno, osteotomy) and still they can’t widen the gonials,

• +1
By ‘convex from superior to inferior’ you mean that the part of the implant closer to your bottom teeth sticks further out than the part closer to the bottom of your jawline? I can see how filler in the latter part would risk making the jawline look overdone. What about getting the Dr to shave the convex superior part down a bit, I wonder if that’s not so different to shaving down bone.

Also you look pretty lean already so this might be a silly question but have you tried leaning out even more? Might get a better idea of what you’re working with
Right yes ! But it’s the middle part so think of it like a tube attached along my mandible , it starts from bottom of teeth, curves up slightly then back down, like the bow of the ship, so the part that should be out creating the angularity is more inwards and this creates a shadow. I now see that the implant was designed that way from th ct scan, didn’t realise before

• +1

And then when you don't have your desired look after a bimax and genio what?
cope?
fillers?
are implants really that bad?

• +1
Did u actually have surgery by him? Or see his before and afters, to achieve the same shape a jaw implant gives would require lots of surgery (geno, osteotomy) and still they can’t widen the gonials,

No , he lied to me telling me how I needed his implants and not jaw surgery. When every maxilofacial surgeon says I need jaw surgery.

he would of ruined my face, plus wanted to implant my cheeks...

Bro I warned you on him that's all I can do, if he tried it on me he will do it to you.

Last edited:
  • +1
share before after op please

I wonder how much Defrancq would charge for only one jaw angle implant. I mean just another side of the face.

cope?
fillers?

I feel confident my surgery with Dr Ramieri will go well , I will make peace with the results tbh and not push the boundaries, we are already going heavy..

Implants on the lower third are usually trash x10 if the person is recessed .

• +1
Reactions: baruch
No , he lied to me telling me how I needed his implants and not Hobe surgery. When every maxilofacial surgeon says I need jaw surgery.

he would of ruined my face, plus wanted to implant my cheeks...

Bro I warned you on him that's all I can do, if he tried it on me he will do it to you.
Related: one thing that has shocked me about maxillofacial surgeons generally is how different the plans are from surgeon to surgeon, despite my lower third issues being obvious and visible from space. I had one renowned surgeon recommend a little bit of maxillary downgraft and a ton of advancement, another renowned one recommend a ton of downgraft and a little bit of advancement, and another one recommend no downgraft at all, but with lots of CW rotation and advancement. Not to mention the differing attitudes wrt presurgical orthodontics vs ‘surgery first’!

I feel confident my surgery with Dr Ramieri will go well , I will make peace with the results tbh and not push the boundaries, we are already going heavy..

I have a surgery planned with Ramieri as well.
I'm sure it will improve my looks, but also I'm sure I won't be 100% satisfied because I lack width

• +1
Reactions: APJ and Gaia262
cope?
fillers?
See that’s what I mean , u need a tonne of bone cutting and still they don’t add width, of implants are designer right then you’re laughing

I wonder how much Defrancq would charge for only one jaw angle implant. I mean just another side of the face.
Like 3000 perhaps , the material will cost 1250 but it’s peek so best of the best, then hopistal , anaesthesia

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and APJ
Related: one thing that has shocked me about maxillofacial surgeons generally is how different the plans are from surgeon to surgeon, despite my lower third issues being obvious and visible from space. I had one renowned surgeon recommend a little bit of maxillary downgraft and a ton of advancement, another renowned one recommend a ton of downgraft and a little bit of advancement, and another one recommend no downgraft at all, but with lots of CW rotation and advancement. Not to mention the differing attitudes wrt presurgical orthodontics vs ‘surgery first’!

Yup you got to know what you are doing and what your aim is.

Some just want surgery first for easy money and do small movements instead of waiting a year for orthodontics.

Some have no aesthetic eye and will do a massive chin and a small jaw.

It differs, so much so you got to research.

I'm lucky my orthodontist who is guiding everything is actively trying to get the aesthetics perfect.

• +1

Good luck man, when is it for, I have sooooo much to research but so little time , how much did he charge u, what operation will u get, did u show him people who you want to look like

• +1
Reactions: APJ and Gaia262
Right yes ! But it’s the middle part so think of it like a tube attached along my mandible , it starts from bottom of teeth, curves up slightly then back down, like the bow of the ship, so the part that should be out creating the angularity is more inwards and this creates a shadow. I now see that the implant was designed that way from th ct scan, didn’t realise before
I’m looking at the scan in the first post, it’s not easy to tell is it!

Lens distortion notwithstanding, seems from your photo like the difference between that and your morph is that there’s some mandibular mass to be removed, and goinal enhancement for jaw width, however you choose to do it. Or maybe they could just shave select parts of the implant off but leave the goinal area untouched. Have you consulted with other surgeons and showed them your morph to see what they say? Apologies if you have and mentioned it in an above post I missed

I have a surgery planned with Ramieri as well.
I'm sure it will improve my looks, but also I'm sure I won't be 100% satisfied because I lack width
When is it and what surgery

I’m looking at the scan in the first post, it’s not easy to tell is it!

Lens distortion notwithstanding, seems from your photo like the difference between that and your morph is that there’s some mandibular mass to be removed, and goinal enhancement for jaw width, however you choose to do it. Or maybe they could just shave select parts of the implant off but leave the goinal area untouched. Have you consulted with other surgeons and showed them your morph to see what they say? Apologies if you have and mentioned it in an above post I missed
Shaving does sound a good idea I’ll ask but I’m not sure since it’s peel and Dhabi g it won’t make it symmetrical

Like 3000 perhaps , the material will cost 1250 but it’s peek so best of the best, then hopistal , anaesthesia
Ahh sucks to have to go through that again though

Shaving does sound a good idea I’ll ask but I’m not sure since it’s peel and Dhabi g it won’t make it symmetrical
Yeah, idk whether peek reacts like bone to shaving, or if this is even possible

Good luck man, when is it for, I have sooooo much to research but so little time , how much did he charge u, what operation will u get, did u show him people who you want to look like

€15k for the trimax , in orthodontics hoping to complete July, so August surgery.

Sounds very appealing. Thank you for the estimate, I appreciate it.

Ahh sucks to have to go through that again though
Thing is I spoke to eppley and yaremchuk, and an Italian one , and they all said I need a new one and add more mass to gonial area and remove some from mid mandible , but I have three issue, I want and ogee curve but my cheeks look bloated after surgery , implant is convex instead of concave, masseter detached so need to add mass there to make up for loss

• +1
Reactions: APJ and Wallenberg
When is it and what surgery
In 7-8 months, because I had really fucked up overbite, I just changed my braces for the first time
We agreed for BSSO + genio, but he said he would decide after my teeth are alligned if, he says my maxilla is fine

€15k for the trimax , in orthodontics hoping to complete July, so August surgery.
Wow that’s cheap. I was expecting €25k at least

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
In 7-8 months, because I had really fucked up overbite, I just changed my braces for the first time
We agreed for BSSO + genio, but he said he would decide after my teeth are alligned if, he says my maxilla is fine
I see , my bite is fine but I do think my maxilla could be advanced slightly but a lefort woul mean I need my bottom jaw brought forward and that’s too much

Thing is I spoke to eppley and yaremchuk, and an Italian one , and they all said I need a new one and add more mass to gonial area and remove some from mid mandible , but I have three issue, I want and ogee curve but my cheeks look bloated after surgery , implant is convex instead of concave, masseter detached so need to add mass there to make up for loss
I assume the bloat in the cheeks disappears? If not, do you think the lack of ogee curve might be a separate issue i.e. you’d need cheek implants or filler in zygos etc.? Seems like you know what’s needed wrt the ideal change in mandible shape, but I’m not sure how that affects the cheeks

I assume the bloat in the cheeks disappears? If not, do you think the lack of ogee curve might be a separate issue i.e. you’d need cheek implants or filler in zygos etc.? Seems like you know what’s needed wrt the ideal change in mandible shape, but I’m not sure how that affects the cheeks
Yes I’m also getting cheek implants too, but now I should 100 percent get the ogee curve, imagine after all this and I end up still bloated

Yes I’m also getting cheek implants too, but now I should 100 percent get the ogee curve, imagine after all this and I end up still bloated
You can only do your best, and do as much research and planning as possible, right? Good luck!

• +1
This is my goal, I get he has a very advanced maxilla but how could I get something similar , is lefort essential

Attachments

• B5D9ADF6-F2C2-4BBC-B36C-B111EB429839.jpeg
    B5D9ADF6-F2C2-4BBC-B36C-B111EB429839.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 85
  • +1

Hey, bit off topic but can you let me know why you chose Ramieri over Raffaini? I thought Raffaini was supposed to be the king of aesthetics.

Can you also let me know what you think of Alfaro? Sorry if these are stupid questions but I was supposed to be going with a certain Belgian doc for Bimax etc until I read your thread so I'm trying to consider alternatives.

• +1
Hey, bit off topic but can you let me know why you chose Ramieri over Raffaini? I thought Raffaini was supposed to be the king of aesthetics.

Can you also let me know what you think of Alfaro? Sorry if these are stupid questions but I was supposed to be going with a certain Belgian doc for Bimax etc until I read your thread so I'm trying to consider alternatives.

Raffaini is a racist shit thats why.

His team was good when i was on the phone ( i have an excellent british accent)

However as soon as i sent my pics in there email tone immediately became more hostile and blunt. They wanted to charge me more money. They became less helpful and wanted me to bring more unnecessary crap to the consult.

Basically telling me to get lost.

Its known he gives discounts to his own italian people and charges foreigners more.

Doesnt seem to be the kind of guy who wants to help ethnics/foreigners ascend

He is amazing for italian women, credit given where its due.

Whereas Ramieri is just a nice guy overall, his prices are great, his results are amazing and he does online consults. Also his team are excellent aswell.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 11gaijin, baruch and Tobias Fünke

I can’t answer for Gaia262, but as someone who has consulted with all these guys you mention, I would strongly advise you to consult with them on your own and see what your impressions of the plans they give you are, whether they seem trustworthy, and whether what they say lines up with the academic research. Grill them, write down their answers for each, and compare notes. Before consulting with them I read a lot on JawSurgeryForums, the PSLsphere (lurked), jaw surgery facebook groups, and elsewhere, and often the quality of the recommendations did not line up with the reputation, and the consultations went counter to my expectations, in some I saw elements of shocking unprofessionalism, but in some I was also given good advice, too.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke and Wallenberg
What do you think about the thick skin and thin skin argument?

Raffaini is a racist shit thats why.

His team was good when i was on the phone ( i have an excellent british accent)

However as soon as i sent my pics in there email tone immediately became more hostile and blunt. They wanted to charge me more money. They became less helpful and wanted me to bring more unnecessary crap to the consult.

Basically telling me to get lost.

Its known he gives discounts to his own italian people and charges foreigners more.

Doesnt seem to be the kind of guy who wants to help ethnics/foreigners ascend

He is amazing for italian women, credit given where its due.

Whereas Ramieri is just a nice guy overall, his prices are great, his results are amazing and he does online consults. Also his team are excellent aswell.
Must say it’s a little funny how all of his ‘wow’ results (apart from that one guy, a relative of his?) are women. Most jaw surgery patients are women, I think(?), but still very lopsided

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke