Does your name match your ethnicity?

Does your name match your ethnicity?

• Total voters
Xangsane

Xangsane

TTD thanks to Helene
Like for example you have an Urdu full name if you're Pakistani, or an African-American name as a black person. If you don't, then you'd have an English name if you're Pakistani, or an Arabic name as a Christian black American.

My first, second middle name and last name are all Arabic. Last name begins very stereotypically with "al-". My first middle name is oddly enough, French, since my white mother thought it was a good idea to be more unique and not to "be like the ordinary Arab, to highlight your mixed heritage". She initially wanted the traditional English spelling (Edward) but chose the French spelling (Edouard) for a deliberate stylistic effect despite the fact I have ZERO French, Belgian or French Canadian blood in me and I am a Muslim.

@SecularIslamist

For fun, try out this little AI tool here that tells you your name ethnicity and screenshot your results.

DM me for the full results! (This was using my full name so I entered my first and middle names under first name).
Screenshot 20230720 130835
Screenshot 20230720 130917
Screenshot 20230720 131317

Tip: look at the tabs like diaspora.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21898 and Xangsane
Like for example you have an Urdu full name if you're Pakistani, or an African-American name as a black person. If you don't, then you'd have an English name if you're Pakistani, or an Arabic name as a Christian black American.

My first, second middle name and last name are all Arabic. Last name begins very stereotypically with "al-". My first middle name is oddly enough, French, since my white mother thought it was a good idea to be more unique and not to "be like the ordinary Arab, to highlight your mixed heritage". She initially wanted the traditional English spelling but chose the French spelling for a deliberate stylistic effect despite the fact I have ZERO French, Belgian or French Canadian blood in me.

@SecularIslamist
XD

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane
Yes it does

• +1
Miroslav

Peace and glory

• +1
Reactions: slayer69 and Ottoman Janissary
My name is Eugene

• JFL
african,hindu and turkish

Last edited:
  • +1

My first, second middle name and last name are all Arabic. Last name begins very stereotypically with "al-". My first middle name is oddly enough, French, since my white mother thought it was a good idea to be more unique and not to "be like the ordinary Arab, to highlight your mixed heritage". She initially wanted the traditional English spelling (Edward) but chose the French spelling (Edouard) for a deliberate stylistic effect despite the fact I have ZERO French, Belgian or French Canadian blood in me and I am a Muslim.

@SecularIslamist

For fun, try out this little AI tool here that tells you your name ethnicity and screenshot your results.

DM me for the full results! (This was using my full name so I entered my first and middle names under first name).
View attachment 2330258View attachment 2330259
Hussain Edouard Muhammad El Hajj

• JFL

• +1
I have a scandinavian name but im a shortcel with hazel eyes. Everyone say i look italian and they think im adopted when i show my family..

• +1
I have a scandinavian name but im a shortcel with hazel eyes. Everyone say i look italian and they think im adopted when i show my family..
Have you tried namsor AI tool?

My mother was adopted so my last name doesn't but most people wouldn't suspect otherwise because it's still from a Western European country.

• +1
My mother was adopted so my last name doesn't but most people wouldn't suspect otherwise because it's still from a Western European country.

@SecularIslamist

View attachment 2330258View attachment 2330259View attachment 2330261

• +1
Yes I am half Irish and have a Irish/British first and last name

• +1
That my name is from the Europe more particular the UK/Ireland
Here's mine jfl

@SecularIslamist

View attachment 2330258View attachment 2330259View attachment 2330261

Urdu names are very rare. We tend to use Arabic names. Christian Pakistanis use white names. So no, my name does not match my background, however, at the same time, many people for some reason seem to think I’m Arabic, so I guess in a way it does match? Personally, I think I look South Asian and not MENA so I’m a bit dumb-founded as to why people assume that.

• +1
Urdu names are very rare. We tend to use Arabic names. Christian Pakistanis use white names. So no, my name does not match my background, however, at the same time, many people for some reason seem to think I’m Arabic, so I guess in a way it does match? Personally, I think I look South Asian and not MENA so I’m a bit dumb-founded as to why people assume that.

My name is Walter Black and White

• +1
  • JFL
I’m not gonna enter my full name on some website/app.. JFL.
Everything is confidential and they won't sell your data thanks to GDPR.

Everything is confidential and they won't sell your data thanks to GDPR.
I’ll use random Arabic names since all three names are Arabic.. 😂

I’ll use random Arabic names since all three names are Arabic.. 😂
There is a slight difference with Urdu and Arabic names.

There is a slight difference with Urdu and Arabic names.
You’re right. I used the Urdu versions. It got it right as Pakistan. 🤣

• JFL
Why come up with an elaborate scheme to dox users by reverse engineering their real names using this app when you could've just used your ass pics as trading leverage?

• So Sad