Dr. Richard Ting Mse consulation.

RichardwillImprove

RichardwillImprove

Zephir
Hey guys I finished my consultation today and apparently im already forward grown but have an open bit. Idk how that works but he want's to expand my palate 5mm-8mm and use reverse pull headgear to rotate my maxilla in a clockwise rotation. My question is will rotating my maxilla clockwise make it longer. Also a couple interesting things to note from the discussion that I think most of u will find interesting is that he said 3mm is realistically achievable if u get surgical assist and wear the headgear for 22+ hours a day. With 14 hours a day and surgical assist u may see 1mm maybe 2 in forward growth. Another thing he said that suprised me is that "Ccw rotation is not hard to achieve". This made me confused but I didnt press him on it. Thought this might be useful information to all of u. Thank u.

Hey guys I finished my consultation today and apparently im already forward grown but have an open bit. Idk how that works but he want's to expand my palate 5mm-8mm and use reverse pull headgear to rotate my maxilla in a clockwise rotation. My question is will rotating my maxilla clockwise make it longer. Also a couple interesting things to note from the discussion that I think most of u will find interesting is that he said 3mm is realistically achievable if u get surgical assist and wear the headgear for 22+ hours a day. With 14 hours a day and surgical assist u may see 1mm maybe 2 in forward growth. Another thing he said that suprised me is that "Ccw rotation is not hard to achieve". This made me confused but I didnt press him on it. Thought this might be useful information to all of u. Thank u.
Don’t rotate maxilla CW, ofc it’ll make it longer. It’ll make you uglier.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
mse+facemask is cope, when i get mse ill ask about the bamp protocol

Thank u. How the fuck do I make sure it doesnt rotate CW. Basically every on this forum says that's the only direction it can go.

Not really if he needs cw, he needs cw. Look at people with short face syndrome they ascend with cw. Stop saying shit you don't have any idea about, you are potentially fucking up someone's chances

• +1
Reactions: aspieSavage, EasternRightWinger15, retard and 10 others
Not really if he needs cw, he needs cw. Look at people with short face syndrome they ascend with cw. Stop saying shit you don't have any idea about, you are potentially fucking up someone's chances
Really appreciate the advice ill see if I can get my x-ray pictures and update the forum when I do to get better advice. Thank u.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723 and sloopnoob
Op need pic so we can see what if cw / ccw rotation will help

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, sloopnoob and Deleted member 6403
Op need pic so we can see what if cw / ccw rotation will help
Will do ima get all the x-ray pictures and all that together and ill also post pics and update the thread at one time. Do u mind if I tag u. Thank u all.

• +1
Reactions: SadnessWYJ
Will do ima get all the x-ray pictures and all that together and ill also post pics and update the thread at one time. Do u mind if I tag u. Thank u all.
Np tag everyone here if you can

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
Really appreciate the advice ill see if I can get my x-ray pictures and update the forum when I do to get better advice. Thank u.
Yes that's one thing that your doctor would look at before deciding what kind of rotation you need. It has to do with the occlusion plane so I am sure your doctor has the best course of action for you. I am not jewing on you to make you look uglier or anything. I also need CW rotation and I was discussing it with retard not so long ago but in my case I will do the mse myself.

• +1
Reactions: JustBeCurry, the next o'pry and RichardwillImprove
Yes that's one thing that your doctor would look at before deciding what kind of rotation you need. It has to do with the occlusion plane so I am sure your doctor has the best course of action for you. I am not jewing on you to make you look uglier or anything. I also need CW rotation and I was discussing it with retard not so long ago but in my case I will do the mse myself.
View attachment 687180
wait what does pulling through the diastema change in terms of the way the rubber band normally is?

wait what does pulling through the diastema change in terms of the way the rubber band normally is?
idk thats just some high IQ retard shit

• JFL
Reactions: retard, Deleted member 5385 and JustBeCurry
Yeah you’re right I was wiring comment too fast. CW is negative for most people and I can’t really know what he looks like and I assumed doctor recommended him CW due to bite and not facial issues. CW rotation will make it appear longer and most people unless they have a short face syndrome don’t need it to

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
Here’s an example of CW / CCW rotation
F9FAF215 6351 475C 8EF6 60C0F784D05B

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and RichardwillImprove
Ccw is not hard to achieve? Really?(Sarcasm)
But maybe by ccw rotation he was thinking only about alveoral ringe? Or whole maxilla?

Also about forward growth he said what force he would use? Cause if its 500g I wouldn't see any problem to get higher pulling force. As high as you can stand the pain.

Last edited:
Here’s an example of CW / CCW rotation
View attachment 687287
Actually its not true ccw and cw rotation. True ccw rotation would bring whole face upward and same with cw- whole face downward.
But it is what IT is - all what surgery can do

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and tyronelite
Actually its not true ccw and cw rotation. True ccw rotation would bring whole face upward and same with cw- whole face downward.
But it is what IT is - all what surgery can do
Oh shit didn't kno that.. You have a pic of a better example?

Ccw is not hard to achieve? Really?(Sarcasm)
But maybe by ccw rotation he was thinking only about alveoral ringe? Or whole maxilla?

Also about forward growth he said what force he would use? Cause if its 500g I wouldn't see any problem to get higher pulling force. As high as you can stand the pain.
I was confused myself when he said ccw rotation isnt hard to achieve. Also he didnt mention what force I’m going to be pulling at but I plan to use the bow and I think that can only pull at a max force of 300g if I’m not mistaken. Im going there tomorrow so they can put the placer in my mouth I’ll clarify.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
I was confused myself when he said ccw rotation isnt hard to achieve. Also he didnt mention what force I’m going to be pulling at but I plan to use the bow and I think that can only pull at a max force of 300g if I’m not mistaken. Im going there tomorrow so they can put the placer in my mouth I’ll clarify.
Can you Ask him what does he mean by ccw rotation? I am interested

• +1
Reactions: RichardwillImprove
To attach the rubber bands directly to the MSE implant, if you attach it to molar bands you are doing tooth borne pulling and it is much much much less effective

• Love it
Reactions: JustBeCurry
To attach the rubber bands directly to the MSE implant, if you attach it to molar bands you are doing tooth borne pulling and it is much much much less effective
Would any ortho agree to do that ?

• +1
Reactions: RichardwillImprove and Deleted member 5385
No but you don’t have to tell them lol, everything you need you will already have
God the feeling when I trust retard more than my actual doctor. Do u have a guide on how to attach it directly man.

• JFL
Reactions: retard
God the feeling when I trust retard more than my actual doctor. Do u have a guide on how to attach it directly man.
nah i might make one soon though, its quite simple

• +1
Reactions: RichardwillImprove