Dude says counterclockwise rotation of maxilla shortens chin height/lower third height

J

Jerryterry129

Zephir
besides this dudes failed surgery’s and meme shit he’s making a good point

Counter clockwise rotation of maxilla decreasing chin height and lower third height

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Napoleon1800 and mvp2v1
He also mentions shit about sliding genioplasty being bad and actually reducing chin height

And that what gives chin height is “open wedge genioplasty”

Last edited:

Counter clockwise rotation of maxilla decreasing chin height and lower third height

Screenshot 2023 11 03 at 53150PM

interesting topic

• JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, sudanguy and Deleted member 29167

So the reason I have a short lower third but high fwhr is because am too ccw rotated?

For most sfcels ofc, they need CW rotation. It depends on the cases.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA
if you're actually recessed and need it, it does not

Bv

you gain (a miniscule amount of) height until pogonion is vertically aligned with axis of rotation

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Screenshot 2023 11 03 at 73347PM
There are other ways to increase lower 3rd height without increasing vertical growth.
(And looking botched)

Chin height from a downgrown jaw doesn’t look aesthetic.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA
yes. this is why people who are actually successful with mewing later find out that once their malocclusion is fixed, their chin height drastically decreases. their chins may gain more projection but height almost always decreases.

Humans are the ONLY species with "chins" anatomically speaking. this is due to agriculture and soft diets, neanderthals did NOT have chins, we developed chins only once we started chewing with our mouth closed and had softer diets. No other animal species has chins because chins, from a biological perspective are useless. Scientists still don't know why it is a trait that was sexually selected for by human partners.

Most species in the animal kingdom are very forward grown (think all predators) but dont have a protruding "chin". Why? Because their maxillas are vertically short and forward grown. This allows them to breathe very well whilst having deepset eyes and wide IPD. Basically Traits that are required for survival. The more forward grown your maxilla the more your mandible needs to compensate with a bigger chin.

This is also why people like barrett are such an anomaly. The guy has a caucasian mandible with almost negroid-tier maxilla. And even barrett from the side looks "Recessed". But he is saved by the chin being nicely squared and having high bonemass due to caucasoid genes. Blacks also for this reason are usually "chinless", because they have proganthism (excessive maxillary development relative to mandible), this allows for wider noses and lets them breathe better etc etc but is not ideal from an aesthetic standpoint as their mandibles cannot compensate.

A reminder for all of you that chew for mandible/maxilla gains, If you are Open mouth chewing with an already CCW rotated maxilla, you will develop an overbite and if you're in puberty, this means your chin and mandible will not develop ideally, as you'll obtain forward growth but not enough mandibular stress to create a wide tall chin.

My suggestion for those of you trying to get facial changes chewing is to ALWAYS chew with your mouth closed. This will make sure you're breathing through your nose whilst also working your mandible. This may also be a reason why european skulls developed the way they did. Closed mouth chewing develops the mandible and chin whilst also keeping the maxilla in check, creating robust skulls when provided with a hard food diet.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: cutecel, DeformedCell, sudanguy and 2 others

a modern skull on the right and a neanderthal skull on the left for reference.

Notice how the more aligned your bite is the less projected your chin is?
the chin is just a byproduct of constriction of the alveolar ridge, leaving the body of the mandible projecting beyond it.

However this doesn't mean if you have an overbite you aren't recessed lol. Recession is relative imo. There's no set benchmark for recession, but by modern aesthetic standards, having a chin is a MUST. Hence if you are chinless and it isn't because of an aligned bite, you need bimax+genio ASAP!

yes. this is why people who are actually successful with mewing later find out that once their malocclusion is fixed, their chin height drastically decreases. their chins may gain more projection but height almost always decreases.

Humans are the ONLY species with "chins" anatomically speaking. this is due to agriculture and soft diets, neanderthals did NOT have chins, we developed chins only once we started chewing with our mouth closed and had softer diets. No other animal species has chins because chins, from a biological perspective are useless. Scientists still don't know why it is a trait that was sexually selected for by human partners.

Most species in the animal kingdom are very forward grown (think all predators) but dont have a protruding "chin". Why? Because their maxillas are vertically short and forward grown. This allows them to breathe very well whilst having deepset eyes and wide IPD. Basically Traits that are required for survival. The more forward grown your maxilla the more your mandible needs to compensate with a bigger chin.

This is also why people like barrett are such an anomaly. The guy has a caucasian mandible with almost negroid-tier maxilla. And even barrett from the side looks "Recessed". But he is saved by the chin being nicely squared and having high bonemass due to caucasoid genes. Blacks also for this reason are usually "chinless", because they have proganthism (excessive maxillary development relative to mandible), this allows for wider noses and lets them breathe better etc etc but is not ideal from an aesthetic standpoint as their mandibles cannot compensate.

A reminder for all of you that chew for mandible/maxilla gains, If you are Open mouth chewing with an already CCW rotated maxilla, you will develop an overbite and if you're in puberty, this means your chin and mandible will not develop ideally, as you'll obtain forward growth but not enough mandibular stress to create a wide tall chin.

My suggestion for those of you trying to get facial changes chewing is to ALWAYS chew with your mouth closed. This will make sure you're breathing through your nose whilst also working your mandible. This may also be a reason why european skulls developed the way they did. Closed mouth chewing develops the mandible and chin whilst also keeping the maxilla in check, creating robust skulls when provided with a hard food diet.
what are natural ways to fix sfs and get cw rotation? i know molar chewing with closed mouth helps. im still 15 and in puberty and i have a short chin. also my side profile looks 1000000x better than my frontal profile. pls help

mewing most definitely worked for me which probably isnt best. it gave me ccw rotation (higher gonial angle than in my avi) and upturned nose. should i stop mewing?

• JFL
Reactions: DeformedCell
mewing most definitely worked for me which probably isnt best. it gave me ccw rotation (higher gonial angle than in my avi) and upturned nose. should i stop mewing?
You aren't seriously asking this are you

I mean the only way to get ccwr without downgrafting would be an impaction which would be a shit idea anyway unless you have gummy smile