Eat more sugar, lower SHBG and increase your free testosterone levels

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Fasting serum insulin levels are inversely and significantly related to SHBG levels (study).
Which also explains the increased SHBG levels commonly seen in type 1 diabetics (those who no longer make enough endogenous insulin) vs type 2 diabetics (insulin resistance with normal pancreatic insulin production) and non-diabetics. I.e. more insulin = less SHBG and vice versa. Bad news for the ketocels.

Low glycemic load diets are also associated with higher SHBG levels and a high glycemic load diet led to significantly lower SHBG levels in this study on hormonal markers of acne vulgaris. Which is why muh “avoid sugar” might help somewhat for acne, but only because of higher SHBG levels aka less free, bioavailable testosterone (bad) and therefore less sebaceous gland activity.

Monosaccharides such as glucose and fructose inhibit human SHBG synthesis in the liver of genetically modified mice, according to this study.
According to the in vitro study discussed further below (same link) with human liver cancer cells, SHBG levels were cut in half when glucose was added to the culture medium but insulin alone didn’t affect SHBG levels. Also, insulin + glucose together did not result in a greater reduction in SHBG levels than glucose alone, which suggests that it’s SIMPLE SUGAR which reduces SHBG synthesis, not insulin.
Keep in mind tho that the two studies from the last link I shared (with transgenic mice and in vitro) are not human in vivo studies, so you might not be able to translate them to us 100%.

tl;dr: adequate sugar intake might actually work in your favor and lower your SHBG levels

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: VeryFuglyNiyguhs, Mike95, goat2x and 8 others
i feel like this is an high iq thread
but i cant tell it for sure cause im fucking dumb and didnt understand shit

Lmfao. Now looksmins become looksmaxes XD

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 6403
Fasting serum insulin levels are inversely and significantly related to SHBG levels (study).
Which also explains the increased SHBG levels commonly seen in type 1 diabetics (those who no longer make enough endogenous insulin) vs type 2 diabetics (insulin resistance with normal pancreatic insulin production) and non-diabetics. I.e. more insulin = less SHBG and vice versa. Bad news for the ketocels.

Low glycemic load diets are also associated with higher SHBG levels and a high glycemic load diet led to significantly lower SHBG levels in this study on hormonal markers of acne vulgaris. Which is why muh “avoid sugar” might help somewhat for acne, but only because of higher SHBG levels aka less free, bioavailable testosterone (bad) and therefore less sebaceous gland activity.

Monosaccharides such as glucose and fructose inhibit human SHBG synthesis in the liver of genetically modified mice, according to this study.
According to the in vitro study discussed further below (same link) with human liver cancer cells, SHBG levels were cut in half when glucose was added to the culture medium but insulin alone didn’t affect SHBG levels. Also, insulin + glucose together did not result in a greater reduction in SHBG levels than glucose alone, which suggests that it’s SIMPLE SUGAR which reduces SHBG synthesis, not insulin.
Keep in mind tho that the two studies from the last link I shared (with transgenic mice and in vitro) are not human in vivo studies, so you might not be able to translate them to us 100%.

tl;dr: adequate sugar intake might actually work in your favor and lower your SHBG levels
i feel low T when on too much sugar

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
So lower SHGB means more test?

i feel like this is an high iq thread
but i cant tell it for sure cause im fucking dumb and didnt understand shit
I already simplified it a lot

I dont think you need to be consuming more sugar. Just eating high carb is enough to affect insulin sensitivity. That way you dont have the looksmins of high sugar diet.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and SubhumanCurrycel
If you have too much you fuck your insulin sensitivity though.

So lower SHGB means more test?
Not necessarily. But high SHBG means less free (readily available) testosterone. Most of your total T is bound to SHBG and to a lesser extent to albumin. Free T is what matters the most

Just eat pop tarts theory

• JFL
Reactions: The Bleach Pill

You know when you eat your insulin goes up which temporarily surpresses testosteron?

This is going to be misunderstood by so many people. No, dont consume sugar

and then get insulin resistance and require more carbs to get the same effects

just inject tson

• Hmm...
Reactions: Toth's thot
Yeah agree with the others just eat carbs or fruits wich are high in sugars anyway. Jfl @ retards that are going to looksmin hard after this thread

No, dont eat sugar. Sugar increases androgens in short term but later production will be worse

• JFL
Reactions: goat2x and Bewusst

so white rice is good for testosterone?