Experienced looksmaxxers, do you think hanging upside down would tighten the skin or the oppisite?

J

Jerryterry129

Zephir
Made a post about this a while back

hanging upside down apparently counteracts gravity’s down force. Gravity causes the fat pads and ligaments in face to descend

I also personally get a temporary face lift after doing the hangs on my inversion table, or hanging my head off a bed etc.

But then I seen this guys post about the ligaments in the face about how you need to compress them, and that stretching ligaments over time will lengthen the skin, like how jelqing lengthens the ligs. So I’m not sure if hanging upside down would stretch them or the opposite?

HIS POST/WORDS:

“Apparently the skin in your face is held by ligaments, now if you've ever done PE(Penis Enlargment) you'll know that the whole idea of PE is stretching the ligaments out. Obviously with aging, the ligaments in the face get stretched out by gravity. Especially if your sleeping position is shit you may stretch out your ligaments in the face as well.

Now, ligaments constantly change their size, they either get longer or shorter, they always try to maintain a balance between flexibility and strength, thus when compressed they grow shorter and when stretched they will grow longer.”

The thing Is my face def gets a face lift effect after hanging

also when I’m upside down my skin looks like it’s pushing up off my face(not sure if good or bad)

I can’t decide if bat hanging is good or bad, I’m leaning Towards good but that post got me questioning. We need to discuss my hanging theory and his theory.

gravity causes the fat pads and ligaments in the face to descend, maybe the bat hang or the tape can fix this but we need to figure out which

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, R@m@, Deleted member 15305 and 4 others
Don't have much to say but I think it's worth it to try.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and Jerryterry129
I started bat hanging but the only thing that got me worried was that guys theory about how you have to compress and not stretch the face ligaments(he thinks with tape)

And I’m not sure if hanging upside down actually compresses or stretches the skin..? Is that compressing or stretching?

He says compressing the skin shortens the face ligaments it and stretching the skin lengthens it

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
smh wtf is this question

• +1
I am doing it to push nutrients to my scalp to fight hair thinning but I do think this could slow the facial fat pads dropping for a while.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Preoximerianas and Deleted member 14139
ayo you doing handstands op? lol

• +1
Any updates ?

• +1
hanging neck better

• +1
update

• +1
Hard for me to say if its doing much or not as I started scalp massages right before doing this a few days a week and I am also dermarolling. I have definitely got a little more hair now but it could mostly be from the other 2 things.

I have no idea on the fat pads and ligaments as they appear about the same. Would need a longer time probably to see if it was stopping the descent of the fat pads.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15305 and Jason Voorhees
"Gravity always wins" - Radiohead