Eye Color on Attraction, Trustworthiness, & Perceived Dominance

Kingkellz

Kingkellz

Mod - Head of head of head of head of Doctors
Staff
Do colored eyes increases attractiveness?
Most surprisingly, no correlation was found between iridal color and rated attractiveness.
I personally think eye color can affect the attractiveness of the eye area but only if it is truly striking in color (kinda like Gandy). Many people with colored eyes that I see on a daily basis actually don't have a very striking color and can only be seen up close or in certain lightings. Things like scleral whiteness, pupil diameter, iris to pupil ratio, limbal rings, canthal tilt, eye depth, eye-shape, eyebrows, and eyelashes, etc matter a lot more.

But a ''blue eyed stereotype'' does exists.
The data showed that the “blue-eyes stereotype” does exist. People consider blue eyes attractive, but in reality, blue is rated as attractive as other iridal colors.
However, the participants mentioned the color blue more often as a positive aspect than other iridal colors.
Even though blue colored eyes are rated as attractive as other iridal colors people mention it more as a positive aspect.

A high inverse correlation was observed between attractiveness of the eye area and age.
The larger the pupil diameter and the whiter the scleral color, the lower was the real and perceived age and the higher was the attractiveness.
Why do bright/white scleral color and large pupils positively affect attractiveness?
Bright scleral color and large pupils positively affect attractiveness because both features are significantly correlated with youthfulness.

Pupil diameter decreases with age.
Pupil diameter decreased significantly with increasing age.
Factors Affecting Light-Adapted Pupil Size in Normal Human Subjects
The rate of change of pupil diameter with age decreased from 0.043 mm per year at the lowest illuminance level to 0.015 mm per year at the highest.

Women tend to have greater pupil diameters.
Although the research states that there are no big differences between most of the parameters analyzed, healthy emmetropic women have a wider pupil diameter than men.
I don't think there is much you can do to control what happens to your pupil diameter but you can do something about the whiteness of your sclera.

How to get whiter/brighter sclera?
Natural ways to get whiter sclera:
get 7-8hrs of sleep, stay hydrated, wear UV protection sunglasses to prevent pterygium, eat yellow & orange fruits + veggies to prevent scleral redness
Surgical: Scleral whitening exists but it's very risky and many claim to experience complications.

Brown-eyed faces appear more trustworthy...
A much more peculiar correlation was discovered as they looked at the data: brown-eyed faces were deemed more trustworthy than blue-eyed ones.

But why?
"Brown-eyed individuals tend to be perceived as more trustworthy than blue-eyed ones," explain the authors. "But it is not brown eyes that cause this perception. It is the facial morphology linked to brown eyes."

What eye color associated features make brown-eyed men appear more trustworthy?
Brown-eyed men, on average, have bigger mouths, broader chins, bigger noses, and more prominent eyebrows positioned closer to each other, while their blue-eyed brethren are characterized by more angular and prominent lower faces, longer chins, narrower mouths with downward pointing corners, smaller eyes, and more distant eyebrows.

So what would happen if you swapped the eye colors while keeping the facial characteristics of each face the same?
To find out, the scientists used computer manipulation to take the same faces but change their eye colors. Without changing traits other than hue of the iris, the researchers swapped the eye colors of the test faces from blue to brown and vice versa. This time, the opposite effect was found. Despite the strange correlation to eye color, the team found that eye color didn't affect a photo's trustworthiness rating. So it isn't the eye color itself that really matters—something else about brown-eyed faces makes them seem more dependable.
It is the facial features associated with the eye color and not the eye color itself that dictates how trustworthy the faces appear.

Brown-eyed males rated more dominant than blue-eyed males...
Faces used in the study
Capture456

Iris color had a significant effect on perceived dominance in
males (p= 0.031;g2= 0.108); brown-eyed males were rated as
more dominant than blue-eyed.

But again, is it the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance or the facial traits/features that are associated with the eye color?
In order to find out whether it is eye color that specifically influences perceived dominance in males, and not other eye color-associated facial features, we changed the iris color of brown-eyed subjects to blue and vice versa.
With this manipulation, males with eye color changed
to blue (originally brown-eyed) were rated as more dominant than
males with brown colored irises (originally blue-eyed).
Mean differences of perceived dominance of subjects before and
after eye color manipulation were not different from zero which suggests that the color of iris itself had
no effect on perceived dominance.
In short, it's the eye color associated features and not the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance.

What facial features are linked with higher perceived dominance?
Some facial features such as square
jaws, thick eyebrows and broad cheekbones are linked with higher
perceived dominance
What facial features are linked with submissiveness?
facial submissiveness, on the other hand, is
characterized by a round face with large eyes, smallish nose, and
high eyebrows

Brown-eyed males were rated more dominant because they generally had more facial features that influence perceived dominance than the blue-eyed males in the study.
In contrast with
blue-eyed males, brown-eyed males have statistically broader
and rather massive chins, broader (laterally prolonged) mouths,
larger noses, and eyes that are closer together with larger eye-
brows. In contrast, blue-eyed males show smaller and sharper
chins, mouths that are laterally narrower, noses smaller, and a
greater span between the eyes. Especially the broader massive
chin, bigger nose, and larger eyebrows of brown-eyed males may
explain their higher perceived dominance.

In conclusion eye color correlates with other facial features that raters use to judge dominance. For example, brown-eyed men in the above study had broader chins, thicker eye-brows which are closer together, and larger noses; all of which may be viewed as the actual drivers of higher dominance ratings.

So If I understood it correctly, changing your eye color from blue to brown (or simply having brown eyes) won't necessarily increase perceived dominance unless you have other features that directly influence dominance such as thick eyebrows and/or broad squarish chins, hence the statement "Eye color correlates with other facial features that raters use to judge dominance."

@john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @MoeZart @kjsbdfiusdf @reptiles @Ocelot @Grimba @SubhumanCurrycel @pizza @Lmao @tyronelite @TRNA @far336 @PrestonYnot

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18603, carnage, Hero of the Imperium and 56 others
anything but brown eyes is good

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Kristin, Hero of the Imperium, Amnesia and 16 others
That’s a lot of words

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz
ANOTHER HIGH IQ BANGER

• +1
Reactions: itsbegincell, Deleted member 15390, Copexodius Maximus and 4 others
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Egyptianmogger, HarrierDuBois, Deleted member and 5 others
White women actually love men with dark eyes
what a fucking cope and i say this as someone with dark eyes. colored eyes mog everytime and thats the objective truth

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: .erik, Deleted member 11610, Deleted member 14563 and 33 others
pure black eyes (really rare) is incredible dark triad,i think blue eyes in etnics is a big halo and increase attractiveness

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 38403, Hmmf, GetShrekt and 13 others
what a fucking cope and i say this as someone with dark eyes. colored eyes mog everytime and thats the objective truth
No bro they look good on a hoe , a man should look more stark

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8244

I personally think eye color can affect the attractiveness of the eye area but only if it is truly striking in color (kinda like Gandy). Many people with colored eyes that I see on a daily basis actually don't have a very striking color and can only be seen up close or in certain lightings. Things like scleral whiteness, pupil diameter, iris to pupil ratio, limbal rings, canthal tilt, eye depth, eye-shape, eyebrows, and eyelashes, etc matter a lot more.

Even though blue colored eyes are rated as attractive as other iridal colors people mention it more as a positive aspect.

A high inverse correlation was observed between attractiveness of the eye area and age.
Why do bright/white scleral color and large pupils positively affect attractiveness?

I don't think there is much you can do to control what happens to your pupil diameter but you can do something about the whiteness of your sclera.

get 7-8hrs of sleep, stay hydrated, wear UV protection sunglasses to prevent pterygium, eat yellow & orange fruits + veggies to prevent scleral redness
Surgical: Scleral whitening exists but it's very risky and many claim to experience complications.

But why?

So what would happen if you swapped the eye colors while keeping the facial characteristics of each face the same?

It is the facial features associated with the eye color and not the eye color itself that dictates how trustworthy the faces appear.

Faces used in the study
View attachment 1031142

But again, is it the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance or the facial traits/features that are associated with the eye color?
In short, it's the eye color associated features and not the eye color itself that influences perceived dominance.

Brown-eyed males were rated more dominant because they generally had more facial features that influence perceived dominance than the blue-eyed males in the study.

In conclusion eye color correlates with other facial features that raters use to judge dominance. For example, brown-eyed men in the above study had broader chins, thicker eye-brows which are closer together, and larger noses; all of which may be viewed as the actual drivers of higher dominance ratings.

So If I understood it correctly, changing your eye color from blue to brown (or simply having brown eyes) won't necessarily increase perceived dominance unless you have other features that directly influence dominance such as thick eyebrows and/or broad squarish chins, hence the statement "Eye color correlates with other facial features that raters use to judge dominance."

@john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @MoeZart @kjsbdfiusdf @reptiles @Ocelot @Grimba @SubhumanCurrycel @pizza @Lmao @tyronelite @TRNA @far336
You have been making a lot of high effort guides on perceived attractiveness lately. You should do what I did with my thinking guide and try to group them and format them all together. https://looksmax.org/threads/complete-guide-to-thinking-megaguide.310475/

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TheAnomaly, Deleted member 6273 and Kingkellz
TL;DR: brown eyes = subhuman

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia
Banger thread after thread damn this was a good read.

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and volcelfatcel
Blue eyes is a halo if it's good contrast with ur skin like meeks, meeks skin color + godlike eye color is so fucking insane looking. But brown eyes aren't a death sentence u just have to be set apart more by having an actually good eye area. Eye area > eye color but eye color is a cherry on the top. Depends on the shade of brown, really dark almost black eyes are better if ur intimidating dark triad I.E Richard ramirez. Good thread tho high quality threads like ur last one highlighting masc traits.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 14563, Looks234 and 1 other person
Eye color halo is indeed very real

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Marsiere214, Chintuck22 and 5 others
Eye color halo is indeed very real

Ye it depends on the shade most people have a dogshit shade of blue and green, something striking like gandys or opry's are a good shade. Cillian Murphy as well with his blue eyes, yours are a good shade. Coloring just a cherry on top with a good eye area.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, 5'8manlet, Kingkellz and 1 other person
Coloring just a cherry on top with a good eye area.
eh my eye area would be average if it were not for the color trust me women tell me all the time that my eyes are beautiful/pretty and its my main IOI

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, joeveniro, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 4 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Kingkellz and Uglyandfat
eh my eye area would be average if it were not for the color trust me women tell me all the time that my eyes are beautiful/pretty and its my main IOI
You have an above average eye area honestly combine it with an actual good shade of green and you have Chad eyes. It's not O pry shape or meeks shape and contrast but it's above average or even Chad tier.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: joeveniro, Kingkellz and Uglyandfat
Gymaxx tbh
yeah im down 25 pounds rn but im so weak JFL ive always been a chair ridden fat ass so my muscles are none existant so I have to work from the bottom basically but ofcourse im not gonna quit especially after taking the black pill

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and SubhumanCurrycel
fatcel not leaving till im atleast 5.75 PSL
Same curse here jfl blessed with my cheekbones popping at high body fat and jawline but it all goes to shit since I'm fat, girls compliment it got a recent giga voice halo as well. Keep ascending bro I saw ur post pure life fuel for a fatcel like me

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Golgo13, Yerico7, Kingkellz and 1 other person
Same curse here jfl blessed with my cheekbones popping at high body fat and jawline but it all goes to shit since I'm fat, girls compliment it got a recent giga voice halo as well. Keep ascending bro I saw ur post pure life fuel for a fatcel like me
mate start taking whatever you need to lose weight then take all the stimulants you can hop on keto lift hard and you'll lose a shit ton of weight

• +1
Jaw is cope tbh

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj and Kingkellz
mate start taking whatever you need to lose weight then take all the stimulants you can hop on keto lift hard and you'll lose a shit ton of weight
Yeah I just started late December since I had a lot of time, it's getting better but I need to wait longer, I got fat as fuck in my teen years largely ignored until Last year when I honestly started puberty, my brow ridge popped and gave me hunter eyes.

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and Uglyandfat

But why?

Faces used in the study
View attachment 1031142

@john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @MoeZart @kjsbdfiusdf @reptiles @Ocelot @Grimba @SubhumanCurrycel @pizza @Lmao @tyronelite @TRNA @far336
SO king let me get this straight, eye color is kinda irrelevant unless it's very striking, and people just correalate eye colors to certain feautures? And they're are far more important things to worry about than eye color right?

Tell me if I'm missing anything

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: noodlelover, Looks234, Marsiere214 and 5 others
  • +1
Reactions: Golgo13 and SubhumanCurrycel
Yeah I just started late December since I had a lot of time, it's getting better but I need to wait longer, I got fat as fuck in my teen years largely ignored until Last year when I honestly started puberty, my brow ridge popped and gave me hunter eyes.
dm photo?

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
It's good I'm not cursed with south Indian pheno, even though I'm part Indian but my family is mostly Persian and slightly european
Nvm your safe

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel

It's not that simple. I have brown eyes and girls would always compliment them when I worked at a coffee shop. It's actually the #1 compliment I've gotten to date. Why? because of my eye area. Also, in decent light my eyes look light as fuck.

I've seen girls compliment average eye areas with top tier coloring. There's different levels to eye color. Light blue eyes mog but most people with blue eyes do not have light blue eyes. I have friends with blue eyes and I never noticed until they brought it up. We all know people who have blue eyes and in most pictures they literally look like they have grey/brown eyes. Whereas light blue eyes do not need good lighting.

• +1
Reactions: Golgo13, Chadrapist, datboijj and 1 other person
blacker = better

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt and Kingkellz
in decent light my eyes look light as fuck.
i was referring to dark brown. hazel and anything brown thats light is obviously better.

i was referring to dark brown. hazel and anything brown thats light is obviously better.

You are referring to deathnic eyes. My mom has them. Dark brown that appears black even under the sun. Such a huge failo, especially if you have brown/black skin. Thank god my dad has blue eyes which resulted in me having the lightest brown eye colour possible (not hazel).

• So Sad
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 14139 and Julius

But why?

Faces used in the study
View attachment 1031142

Lifefuel for the sandvillage

• +1
You are referring to deathnic eyes. My mom has them. Dark brown that appears black even under the sun. Such a huge failo, especially if you have brown/black skin. Thank god my dad has blue eyes which resulted in me having the lightest brown eye colour possible (not hazel).
post a pic of ur eyes you streetshitter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14139 and ascentium
Eye area matters

• +1
SO king let me get this straight, eye color is kinda irrelevant unless it's very striking, and people just correalate eye colors to certain feautures? And they're are far more important things to worry about than eye color right?

Tell me if I'm missing anything
THANK YOU! Finally someone that actually gets what this thread is about.
I knew it would go over most peoples heads just lol

All the research said is
In this study, we did not observe any association between eye
color and attractiveness, neither in men nor women.

Also if anyone bothered to actually read the thread they would know that you can have blue eyes and STILL have high trustworthiness and high perceived dominance AS LONG as they have the facial characteristics that influence trust and dominance such as broader chins, broader mouths,
brows.

Eye color was essentially irrelevant especially when talking about looking trustworthy or having high perceived dominance.
Banger thread after thread damn this was a good read.
Thank you brother! and there are more to come

The following users 👇likely completely misunderstood the thread (based on their comments)
TL;DR: brown eyes = subhuman

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15390, Looks234, Chadrapist and 6 others
THANK YOU! Finally someone that actually gets what this thread is about.
I knew it would go over most peoples heads just lol

All the research said is

Also if anyone bothered to actually read the thread they would know that you can have blue eyes and STILL have high trustworthiness and high perceived dominance AS LONG as they have the facial characteristics that influence trust and dominance such as broader chins, broader mouths,
brows.

Eye color was essentially irrelevant especially when talking about looking trustworthy or having high perceived dominance.

Thank you brother! and there are more to come

The following users 👇likely completely misunderstood the thread (based on their comments)
yeah i dn rd sorry. but you're a great user :LOL:

• +1
Will rd later

• +1
Reactions: ascentium, AscendingHero and Kingkellz
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Golgo13, AlwaysHaveQuestions and ecig
  • Hmm...
Reactions: StrangerDanger
i