Eye prominence - How to get deep-set eyes

Jk Love u bro
50c8e87a69beddb26f000011
F6f43b2790c8d0d84fe11e141176ddc8
Fuark Bella looked SMOKING 😍 🥰🥴 In Part 2 of Breaking Dawn

View attachment 489429
I literally have 3 of the 4 on this list
short, shit lower third, and shitskin ethnic subhuman

Bruhhh your way better than other ethnics you look human blacks and chinks ive seen arent even fucking human irl were speaking.

I saw a few legit was like what was god thinking.

Even a curry dude mogged them he was ugly but he had a chin and brow rage and a decent maxilla hr was fat short brown and had a high hyoid though never the less he had decent traits.

Like be glad your iranian not fucking the worst types of ethnic.

• +1
Reactions: Short Ugly and Brown
Introduction

Eye prominence plays a very important role on how your face is perceived, deep-set eyes are a male dimorphic trait, it has been hypothesized that deep-set eyes may be an adaptation for combat, hunting and male intrasexual selection, designed to protect the eyes from hits.

As you can see in the following image, towards the more masculine faces, the eyes become vertically narrower and more sunken:
View attachment 460939

Eye prominence is determined by the projection of the orbital rims in relation to the cornea.

The relationship of the globe to the orbital rims is a primary determinant of the appearance of the upper third of the face. Normal values are shown in the following image:
f08-01-9780323624763.jpg

Classification of eye prominence

To measure the degree of eye prominence a hertel exophthalmometer is used, this device measures the position of the globe in relation to the lateral orbital rim.

The normal range of ocular protrusion as measured from the lateral orbital rim to the corneal apex is 14–21 mm in adults.

Depending on your exophthalmometry measurement, your eyes will be:

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Moderately prominent (18 to 20mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

Eye prominence can also be measured with the orbital vector, the orbital vector is determined by the linear relationship of the most anterior projection of the globe to the most anterior projection of the lower eyelid and the malar eminence.

According to this relationship, the orbital vector will be:

-Positive vector: The most anterior portion of the globe lies posterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies posterior to the anterior malar eminence.​
-Neutral vector: The anterior globe, lower eyelid margin, and anterior malar eminence all lie in the same vertical plane.​
-Negative vector: The anterior globe lies anterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies anterior to the malar eminence.​

Negative and positive orbital vectors:
View attachment 460947

The malar eminence is the most prominent point of the zygomatic bone (malar bone) and is always located anterior to the infraorbital rim, this is something that should be taken into account when augmenting the infraorbital rims with implants.

In most cases, a positive vector equates to a deep-set eye, while a negative vector results in a prominent eye.

Achieving deep-set eyes

To achieve deep-set eyes, you can either reduce the prominence of the globe or increase the projection of the orbital rims, in some cases both approaches may be necessary to achieve deep-set eyes.

The surgical procedure to reduce the promience of the eyeballs is called orbital decompression, it involves removing or thinning various safe orbital walls (and orbital fat), thereby expanding the eye socket, allowing the eyeball to settle back.

The best and safest first orbital wall to remove (or thin out) is the lateral orbital wall, followed by the medial wall, and last the orbital floor. More reduction with added risk is taken as more walls are decompressed. Incisions are hidden in the lateral upper eyelid crease (for lateral orbital decompression), caruncle or transcaruncular (for medial wall decompression) and lower eyelid conjunctiva (for orbital floor decompression).

Before and after pics of bilateral orbital decompression:
View attachment 460930

To increase the projection of the orbital rims you can get orbital implants.

Also some osteotomies can augment the orbital rims:
LeFort 3 and Modified LeFort 3 advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims.

LeFort 3:
View attachment 460933

Modified LeFort 3:
View attachment 460935View attachment 460936

Quadrangular LeFort 2 advances the infraorbital rims
View attachment 460931

Beutiful thread man

I was thinking about that rn

I asked @JuicyAnimeTitties before he said it was cause usually types like this have extreme schreal show before hand.
Under eye area changes from lefort involving the lesser wing of the sphenoid bone. Lefort 1 + BSSO (bimax) doesn't laterally advance any part of the orbitals, so I wouldn't expect a significant change in under eye area. Send over the source of that before and after. It looks like more than a lefort1, so I wouldn't call it standard bimax. Then again I'm a 16 year old HS student, not a plastic surgeon, and therefore don't set the standards of orthagnathic surgeries.

View attachment 489429
I literally have 3 of the 4 on this list
short, shit lower third, and shitskin ethnic subhuman
Still mogs your classmates when you aren't taking lens-distorted pictures while pulling duckface. Having known you since last Summer I'm pretty confident you've become mentally unstable from using incel forums. Your ability to communicate in a normal, healthy way seemed worse than when I first met you. You made a good choice distancing yourself from here. I wish you the best of luck in the future, bhai. Maybe you'll do something with that academic talent (med school?) or with your artistic talent. Either way, you've still got a bright future that's not worth squandering on incel forums. Goozmand did a similar thing. He just got a gf and then left jfl.
🥂

• Love it
Reactions: Short Ugly and Brown
Under eye area changes from lefort involving the lesser wing of the sphenoid bone. Lefort 1 + BSSO (bimax) doesn't laterally advance any part of the orbitals, so I wouldn't expect a significant change in under eye area. Send over the source of that before and after. It looks like more than a lefort1, so I wouldn't call it standard bimax.
@Gaia262

• Love it
Reactions: Gaia262
Under eye area changes from lefort involving the lesser wing of the sphenoid bone. Lefort 1 + BSSO (bimax) doesn't laterally advance any part of the orbitals, so I wouldn't expect a significant change in under eye area. Send over the source of that before and after. It looks like more than a lefort1, so I wouldn't call it standard bimax. Then again I'm a 16 year old HS student, not a plastic surgeon, and therefore don't set the standards of orthagnathic surgeries.

3/4 down the page

tbh I think it's largely because in the before picture her head was titled away from the camera which exacerbated her maxilla flaws. From the front I doubt any change in eyelid tightness or the appearence of undereye area.
Opry
her side after surgery mogs opry's side tbh ngl

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1553
good thread

Deepset eyes create depth/ definition within the face due to the shadows and ridges. Is there a fundamental aesthetical reason why this is more attractive than a flat face, other than sexual dimorphism? Like why Renaissance paintings featuring depth and perspective are generally considered more pleasing than those Middle-Ages 2D paintings?

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend, AscendingHero, Looks234 and 1 other person
So what’s a quick how to get deeper set eyes

• JFL
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd and Deleted
I have negative orbital vector :feelsrope:

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted
lateral orbital rim to the corneal apex

This measurement doesn’t work for Asians as their lateral orbital rims are more forward. They have “deep-set” eyes according to the exophthalmometry measurement, but their eyes are shallow-set.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7926
The more depressing my life got, the deeper my eyes became

• JFL
What do you do if you're an asian?

• +1
He actually got it done for functional reasons.

Introduction

Eye prominence plays a very important role on how your face is perceived, deep-set eyes are a male dimorphic trait, it has been hypothesized that deep-set eyes may be an adaptation for combat, hunting and male intrasexual selection, designed to protect the eyes from hits.

As you can see in the following image, towards the more masculine faces, the eyes become vertically narrower and more sunken:
View attachment 460939

Eye prominence is determined by the projection of the orbital rims in relation to the cornea.

The relationship of the globe to the orbital rims is a primary determinant of the appearance of the upper third of the face. Normal values are shown in the following image:
f08-01-9780323624763.jpg

Classification of eye prominence

To measure the degree of eye prominence a hertel exophthalmometer is used, this device measures the position of the globe in relation to the lateral orbital rim.

The normal range of ocular protrusion as measured from the lateral orbital rim to the corneal apex is 14–21 mm in adults.

Depending on your exophthalmometry measurement, your eyes will be:

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Moderately prominent (18 to 20mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

Eye prominence can also be measured with the orbital vector, the orbital vector is determined by the linear relationship of the most anterior projection of the globe to the most anterior projection of the lower eyelid and the malar eminence.

According to this relationship, the orbital vector will be:

-Positive vector: The most anterior portion of the globe lies posterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies posterior to the anterior malar eminence.​
-Neutral vector: The anterior globe, lower eyelid margin, and anterior malar eminence all lie in the same vertical plane.​
-Negative vector: The anterior globe lies anterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies anterior to the malar eminence.​

Negative and positive orbital vectors:
View attachment 460947

The malar eminence is the most prominent point of the zygomatic bone (malar bone) and is always located anterior to the infraorbital rim, this is something that should be taken into account when augmenting the infraorbital rims with implants.

In most cases, a positive vector equates to a deep-set eye, while a negative vector results in a prominent eye.

Achieving deep-set eyes

To achieve deep-set eyes, you can either reduce the prominence of the globe or increase the projection of the orbital rims, in some cases both approaches may be necessary to achieve deep-set eyes.

The surgical procedure to reduce the promience of the eyeballs is called orbital decompression, it involves removing or thinning various safe orbital walls (and orbital fat), thereby expanding the eye socket, allowing the eyeball to settle back.

The best and safest first orbital wall to remove (or thin out) is the lateral orbital wall, followed by the medial wall, and last the orbital floor. More reduction with added risk is taken as more walls are decompressed. Incisions are hidden in the lateral upper eyelid crease (for lateral orbital decompression), caruncle or transcaruncular (for medial wall decompression) and lower eyelid conjunctiva (for orbital floor decompression).

Before and after pics of bilateral orbital decompression:
View attachment 460930

To increase the projection of the orbital rims you can get orbital implants.

Also some osteotomies can augment the orbital rims:
LeFort 3 and Modified LeFort 3 advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims.

LeFort 3:
View attachment 460933

Modified LeFort 3:
View attachment 460935View attachment 460936

Quadrangular LeFort 2 advances the infraorbital rims
View attachment 460931
What caused this line on forehead?
Screenshot 20200728 070013

This measurement doesn’t work for Asians as their lateral orbital rims are more forward. They have “deep-set” eyes according to the exophthalmometry measurement, but their eyes are shallow-set.
Asians have retruded infraorbital rims.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Alexanderr, toolateforme and 2 others
Who the fuck said asians have better infraorbitals? 😂😂

Who the fuck said asians have better infraorbitals? 😂😂

Lateral orbital rims, and I said “more forward” not “better.” Forward everything isn’t ideal.

Lateral orbital rims, and I said “more forward” not “better.” Forward everything isn’t ideal.
Lateral orbital rims are not forward its just rest are all recessed.

• +1
Reactions: thecel

Holy shit you were citing this total rubbish gif...
It gives the impression that zygomatics and eyeballs everything went actually forward that's why face is flat, but thats not true. Its actually the opposite. Nasion and others become flatter not zygomatics went forward. Cuz eyeball location is same on average for both races. Plz stop looking at pseudo sciences.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 12218, thecel and Gunna
Holy shit you were citing this total rubbish gif...
It gives the impression that zygomatics and eyeballs everything went actually forward that's why face is flat, but thats not true. Its actually the opposite. Nasion and others become flatter not zygomatics went forward. Cuz eyeball location is same on average for both races. Plz stop looking at pseudo sciences.
you really reach hard, your race isn't what makes you subhuman

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6341 and thecel
I'm guessing sharp angle and slightly protruding forehead. I legit have that lol and not sure if its a good thing
Same do you have wide temples?

aye, god you aint shit sir

I don't know how, but you can see in the pictures and a lot of other bimax patients the eye area improves.

My first thought its to do with the increased projection of the maxilla, but I do not know.
It improves eye area if you maintain correct head and tongue posture after surgery. If you do this your effect won't relapse and you can get some further changes. There was article about it on .net
Also who mew after jaw surgery?

The shape of your eyes is pretty much all genetic but brow ridge growth is more related to hormones.

good thread but you should mention that there are different forms and techniques of orbital decompression.

you just mentioned the one where they remove bones but there are also techniques where they dont touch the bones at all and just remove soft tissue behind the eyes

its also noteworthy that orbital decompression is a relative safe procedure, eg statistically speaking you are more likely to get blind from a simple jaw surgery that includes the lefort 1 cut (not evening mentioning lefort 2 or 3 here) then from orbital decompression

i put in the work to research a few surgeons who offer orbital decompression for cosmetic reasons

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751 and MrGlutton