Fat grafting under eyes

L

lookmaxxer998

Iron
Anyone done under eye fat grafting, what was the success rate? Does it give sufficient volume and hollowness restoration? Want to fix eye area before I get malar and infraorbital rim implants

• +1
Reactions: j05
fat grafting would come after the implants

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and IMOGYOU
Anyone done under eye fat grafting, what was the success rate? Does it give sufficient volume and hollowness restoration? Want to fix eye area before I get malar and infraorbital rim implants
Just get fillers. Fat grafting is expensive and the results are unpredictable

Just get fillers. Fat grafting is expensive and the results are unpredictable
I tried, results weren’t good but doctors also didn’t wanna go too close to the eyes so maybe it was a half measure

fat grafting would come after the implants
Any reason for that? I just feel like I have seen threads here about sub par implant results and people wishing they fat grafted sooner. Either way that order can be changed, not a problem.

Any reason for that? I just feel like I have seen threads here about sub par implant results and people wishing they fat grafted sooner. Either way that order can be changed, not a problem.

'Fat transfer is very different than using implants. Fat transfer is totally dependent on survival of the fat for the final result. Grafted fat can have 5% survival or 90% survival. The survival rate is due to multiple variables but in particular is related to the host tissue in which it’s injected. The quality and quantity of host tissue changes across the face especially in the lower eyelid region. fat transfer by its nature is finicky, unpredictable and somewhat imprecise. Implants are extremely precise and completely definitive. What you put in is exactly what you get. Fillers are also the same way. All of these are completely different treatments that are sometimes used for the same type of effect. I personally stay away from fat transfer around the eyes because of the number of people who don’t like the long-term results. perhaps that’s simply a lack of skill and experience on my part but I no longer perform that procedure. I would say fat transfer is good at giving diffuse overall volume but is not particularly good at giving precise volumes in very small areas. Fat transfer works much better when there is an ample amount of host tissue to support the graft. This is why it works well in areas like the breast or buttocks. It’s also one of the reasons it tends to not work well around the lower eyelids. Best, Mats Hagstrom MD'

Don't use fat grafting for the purpose of fixing your undereyes. Do implants and then maybe fat grafting can be a tool to add more mass here and there. Not the other way around

• +1
Reactions: niqfan625 and IMOGYOU
'Fat transfer is very different than using implants. Fat transfer is totally dependent on survival of the fat for the final result. Grafted fat can have 5% survival or 90% survival. The survival rate is due to multiple variables but in particular is related to the host tissue in which it’s injected. The quality and quantity of host tissue changes across the face especially in the lower eyelid region. fat transfer by its nature is finicky, unpredictable and somewhat imprecise. Implants are extremely precise and completely definitive. What you put in is exactly what you get. Fillers are also the same way. All of these are completely different treatments that are sometimes used for the same type of effect. I personally stay away from fat transfer around the eyes because of the number of people who don’t like the long-term results. perhaps that’s simply a lack of skill and experience on my part but I no longer perform that procedure. I would say fat transfer is good at giving diffuse overall volume but is not particularly good at giving precise volumes in very small areas. Fat transfer works much better when there is an ample amount of host tissue to support the graft. This is why it works well in areas like the breast or buttocks. It’s also one of the reasons it tends to not work well around the lower eyelids. Best, Mats Hagstrom MD'

Don't use fat grafting for the purpose of fixing your undereyes. Do implants and then maybe fat grafting can be a tool to add more mass here and there. Not the other way around
You can’t put an implant directly under the eyes tho, that’s the problem. The two areas a separate. Implant doesn’t actually address eyelid hollowing it addresses mid face hollowing.

• +1
Reactions: agoostis

E.g. this thread

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
E.g. this thread
whole point of that thread is that the implants need to be saddled. the example, which was saddled, clearly provided under eye support

• +1
Reactions: lookmaxxer998

• +1
Reactions: lookmaxxer998

What about lower blepharoplasty? I see results of it where the under eye area looks much less dark and better afterwards.

What about lower blepharoplasty? I see results of it where the under eye area looks much less dark and better afterwards.
Depends on the etiology. If dark circles are due to orbital fat prolapse then yes, Bleph can help.

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin
I have to disagree with @ccwarrior ONLY in some cases though.
7CE18220 925E 45FE B687 B1628106B8A2

In this case, she only had fat grafting (“18 months after placement of an extremely thin layer of concentrated fat immediately under the skin of these dark circles. Note the lightening of the dark circles in both the upper and lower eyelids.”), no implants, and this is well after.
This is exactly what I want tbh, I’ll be forever happy if I achieved this; now on to finding a surgeon who does half decent work near where I live.