Favorite Leanmaxxing foods/meals to avoid binging?

Deleted member 3593

Deleted member 3593

Mistral
Leanmaxxing is hard as fuck. I find I stay committed to 2000 calories only 5-6 days of the week (while being physically active with job and exercise almost everyday) and hitting my protein macros but then my survivalgydla flips on and I ravenously binge on candy and shitty food and then fast the next day but I'm getting sick of this cycle and it slows progress down so what are your favorite meals for dieting? Usually my breakfast and lunch is the most important for me in terms of taste. For dinner I literally just overdose on veggies with a couple chicken breasts so I'm full and don't binge nighttime. I calculated one of my binges and I ate 3000 calories over my TDEE, so easy to wipe out progress in just a couple hours.

I found some helpful foods are airfried potatoes (chopped and mixed with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika. Super low calories and it literally is the same as fast food fries to me). Protein pancakes with some kind of low calorie/sugar free syrup -- the recipe is a carton of egg whites, 8 white slices of bread, vanilla extract, cinnamon all blended together. These are delicious as fuck, I did the calculations and the entire batter came out to 1020 calories for 5 cups. 1 cup is a well sized pancake which is good to add some greek yogurt or fruits to, 2 cups is literally GINORMOUS. There's no end to my stomach and I could barely even finish it. But I'm starting to run out of ideas and def interested to hear how you all make meals to adhere to your leanmaxxing journey.

just eat air

• +1
Reactions: Dreadnoughtus
Meanwhile I find it nigh impossible to eat even 1 calorie above maintenance without feeling fuller than a zeppelin

Meanwhile I find it nigh impossible to eat even 1 calorie above maintenance without feeling fuller than a zeppelin

Lowkey jelly. I'm noticing the pattern with me is 5-6 days after eating 500 kcal under maintenance something just flips. I have zero issues feeling full in those 5-6 days but maybe I should just throw in some IF approach to avoid it. I do notice on days I fast after I get through the first few hours of skipping breakfast I don't even want to think about eating food.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680
wtf eating potatoes with salt as your "avoid binge" food? carbs and salt which are the two big NOs for avoiding bloat. Why do so many people think that diet is just about avoiding fat foods? carbs and sodium are usually worse than fat

I'm noticing the pattern with me is 5-6 days after eating 500 kcal under maintenance something just flips.

I'd guess thats mostly "willpower fatigue", you could try appetite suppressants in case of emergency

wtf eating potatoes with salt as your "avoid binge" food? carbs and salt which are the two big NOs for avoiding bloat. Why do so many people think that diet is just about avoiding fat foods? carbs and sodium are usually worse than fat

I'm more focused on CICO. Potatoes are actually super high in potassium and help with reducing bloat. I salt the fuck out of my foods and all in all I don't get bloated at all. To your other point I don't do macro exclusion. My average macro breakdown is like 40% protein > 30% carbs 30% fat. Some days my carbs will be higher than my fats and vice versa. Most carbs I get are from veggies and fruits too I fucking hate rice, spaghetti and bread.

Cut out the potatoes. Carbs that don't have fiber (aka everything except fibrous veggies) are poison, also likely the reason you're binging because carbs spike your insulin. If you want to get potassium, buy half salt which is half sodium half K, and sprinkle it on everything else you eat.

• +1
Reactions: Dreadnoughtus