Fringe is optimal for very wide jaws

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Fringe is great at balancing your face and providing harmony if you have a very wide jaw.

I have this due to large masseters and found that exposing my forehead with a quiff for example made my face look “off” and chubbier.

Take Alex Costa with his quiff, it accentuates his face/jaw and makes him look weird:

B0F6977C AC52 4366 BECA ADAE873C6A7F
6DD947A1 02CB 4614 B516 5DA37F2CC04F

Compare that to other people with very wide jaws like Tom Welling, Ian Somerholder and Ashton Kutcher who cover their foreheads:

F901669F 6EB6 4162 A825 AB75FFA1D5F3

65CF4998 7B46 44F1 9585 E8E095D17880

712C3B6A C614 4182 B2A7 4CE0AD49A250

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74, Mouthbreath, 5'8manlet and 13 others
I am hoping to get an Ian or a tom sized jaw once i get this implant

yh kinda why i like having fringe down

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
What if you have a very wide jaw but even wider cheekbones?

Back then i could use any hairstyle. Now i use slight fringe for norwood coverage purposes

• So Sad
Reactions: Bewusst
Back then i could use any hairstyle. Now i use slight fringe for norwood coverage purposes
It’s useful for that too, it’s a versatile style

Very legit, I recently got a buzzcut and it was a looksmin even though I have the bones to look good with it, rn I’m wearing a beanie 24/7 to hide my forehead and enhance facial width

Very legit, I recently got a buzzcut and it was a looksmin even though I have the bones to look good with it, rn I’m wearing a beanie 24/7 to hide my forehead and enhance facial width
Yeah, do you have wide jaw compared to rest of face? You need hair on your forehead to balance it out

Anyone know the reason for this looksmax? My theory is that the fringe creates a more square-shaped face as opposed to a pear shape which makes the face look fatter.

Anyone know the reason for this looksmax? My theory is that the fringe creates a more square-shaped face as opposed to a pear shape which makes the face look fatter.
I've often wondered why a fringe is such a looksmax for me. I have a big forehead so there's that but wearing my hair up makes me look tired and accentuates my under eye dark circles. Something I've also noticed is when some of my friends wear their hair down they look childish whereas I dont but I do have a stronger jaw than them.

Idk just spitballing ideas.

Fringe is great at balancing your face and providing harmony if you have a very wide jaw.

I have this due to large masseters and found that exposing my forehead with a quiff for example made my face look “off” and chubbier.

Take Alex Costa with his quiff, it accentuates his face/jaw and makes him look weird:

View attachment 246363 View attachment 246364

Compare that to other people with very wide jaws like Tom Welling, Ian Somerholder and Ashton Kutcher who cover their foreheads:

View attachment 246368
View attachment 246366
View attachment 246367
Okay, in case you missed it, the bottom 3 are norwooding

Okay, in case you missed it, the bottom 3 are norwooding
It can be used for Norwood coverup as well, I’m just saying your face looks much more balanced with fringe if your jaw is very wide.

Also, Welling has fringe through early years of smallville when he wasn’t norwooding, it just suited him.
I've often wondered why a fringe is such a looksmax for me. I have a big forehead so there's that but wearing my hair up makes me look tired and accentuates my under eye dark circles. Something I've also noticed is when some of my friends wear their hair down they look childish whereas I dont but I do have a stronger jaw than them.

You last point makes sense, it suits people with good jaws but if you don’t have that it makes you look more childish.

Last edited:
I try to rock a fringe and I look like an adolescence every time I attempt

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
I try to rock a fringe and I look like an adolescence every time I attempt
You need a wide jaw for fringe.

But tbf, looking younger isn’t bad if you look better.

Imagine having low IQ so your big jaw doesnt looksmatch with big forehead

fringe looks good when your hairlines whack

also lol at using a normie with a garbage haircut and comparing it with 3 chads in the op

fringe looks good when your hairlines whack

also lol at using a normie with a garbage haircut and comparing it with 3 chads in the op
His hairstyle is garbage for his wide jaw, that’s my whole point

yes very hot combination

You know it’s a @JamesHowlett thread when hair and lower third is mentioned

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Salludon, JamesHowlett and JustBeCurry