getting filler for folds = fail

im_still_here

im_still_here

not paulie_walnuts
aging-06-big.jpg

a lot of cosmetic surgeons cope and lie with muh "volume loss" which is right if you suffer from aids but not for the rest of 99% of patients

this is the main cause

melting fat pads caused by subideal bonestructure or fat storage genetics

mid-face-aging-5.jpg

BzZP3WI.jpg

by adding filler you dont adress the real problem - quite the opposite you add even more volume and might even enhance the problem. read https://www.huffpost.com/entry/filler-fatigue-too-much-filler_n_5ad628d8e4b077c89ced3966

possible solutions depending on the case

1. facelift
2. fat removement eg for nasolabial lower malar fat deposits
3. jaw advancement

also the lifting effect of fillers is pretty much debunked:

"Cheek filling has falsely been marketed to patients as an effect that "lifts" the face, according to Dr. Lambros. “Filling expands. It does not lift,” he states."

thread got inspired by this tragic real life story:

Sagging cheeks after Lefort 1:

"The sagging didn't go away. Don't let anyone ever tell you it's volume loss. It isn't. I should have had a facelift.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,4614.0.html

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 616, Lorsss and samm735
will just add this here too, to help illustrate what youre saying
y6eMUpT.jpg

50b5490c69bedd9b0e000008-750-423.jpg

loss of fat around the Supranasolabial Fat Pad and lower subcutaneous region is what gives a more defined looking mid face

so if youre fat getting filler wont do anything for you

• +1
Reactions: im_still_here
y6eMUpT.jpg

loss of fat around the Supranasolabial Fat Pad and lower subcutaneous region is what gives a more defined looking mid face

legit

y6eMUpT.jpg

this dude has too much fat for his bonestructure in his face. adding more volume to get rid of the fillers will lead to not satisfying results

his face is not sunken is melting and sagging.

reminder that fillers were originally invented for HIV-associated facial lipodystrophy were the fat disappear in the face
1-s2.0-S0190962215021106-gr1.jpg

mVioWv0.jpg

not for people under 35 with fatty faces

• +1
Reactions: axeman
I have this slightly and its due to flat cheeks.

I have this slightly and its due to flat cheeks.
"Cheek filling has falsely been marketed to patients as an effect that "lifts" the face, according to Dr. Lambros. “Filling expands. It does not lift,” he states."

• +1
Reactions: Scarface and Vitruvian
I used to be such a proponent of filler because I used them, but that also allowed me to realize that permanent solutions are necessary. Fillers are a band aid. Just like a band aid won't cure an infection, fillers won't fix sagging skin.

• +1
Reactions: I'mme and Scarface
would like to suffer from lipodystrophy on my body pls n thx

y6eMUpT.jpg

He got lowbodyfat and looks amazing currently I watch his YouTube channel

• JFL
Reactions: Constantin Denis and Ammonia Clouds
getting a malar implant +buccal and peroral lipo would fix the issue imo. a malar implant would ensure that the malar fat pad doesnt drop with age.

removing malar fat is surgically impossible.

aging-06-big.jpg

a lot of cosmetic surgeons cope and lie with muh "volume loss" which is right if you suffer from aids but not for the rest of 99% of patients

this is the main cause

melting fat pads caused by subideal bonestructure or fat storage genetics

mid-face-aging-5.jpg

BzZP3WI.jpg

by adding filler you dont adress the real problem - quite the opposite you add even more volume and might even enhance the problem. read https://www.huffpost.com/entry/filler-fatigue-too-much-filler_n_5ad628d8e4b077c89ced3966

possible solutions depending on the case

1. facelift
2. fat removement eg for nasolabial lower malar fat deposits
3. jaw advancement

also the lifting effect of fillers is pretty much debunked:

thread got inspired by this tragic real life story:

Sagging cheeks after Lefort 1:

"The sagging didn't go away. Don't let anyone ever tell you it's volume loss. It isn't. I should have had a facelift.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,4614.0.html
for the descentant malar fat you just have to undergo a fat liposuction in the nasolabial fold and replace that fat on the zygos (lipofilling)

getting a malar implant +buccal and peroral lipo would fix the issue imo. a malar implant would ensure that the malar fat pad doesnt drop with age.

removing malar fat is surgically impossible.

there is zero evidence malar implants lift raises or lift the lower malar fat pad

Right-Youthful-contours-Left-Aged-anatomical-findings.png

its a marketing gag buy cosmetic surgeons
btw apparently its important to distinguish between subcutaneous and deeper fat layer

"When someone’s face looks doughy, its because what's on the surface – the superficial, subcutaneous fat layer. Not a deeper fat pad which lives under facial muscles (referring to buccal fat pad.) "

Last edited:
y6eMUpT.jpg

He just lost weight? Honestly looks like he went from a brachy to a meso lol

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
I've been losing quite a considerable amount of facial fat but my folds are still there, maybe should I reconsider the Fillers theory and try to get injections?

Up, I am ready to go for Fillers for Nasolabial folds, am I making a mistake?

I consulted with my surgeon last week, I am going for fillers first in an attempt to correct nasolabial folds, before trying more permanent procedures (fat grafting).

I'll report back on the results afterwards